PDA

View Full Version : Subaru SVX

Karrmann
08-10-2004, 05:05 PM
I have to admit, the Subaru SVX was in a class of it's own.

talk about the Subaru SVX here

SilverArrowZ
08-11-2004, 01:34 AM
erm.. you might want to post a pic or two about the car here... not everybody is very keen to look for the car's info themselves...

Karrmann
08-11-2004, 08:44 AM
ok here you go

(and oh yeah here's site with lots of good info Linky (http://www.subarusvx.com) )

Cotterik
08-11-2004, 10:57 AM
Ok, looks like a normal subaru to me, y is it in a class of its own?

taz_rocks_miami
08-11-2004, 11:37 AM
I remember this car, if I'm not mistaken it was Subaru's first performance car. It had 230 HP and AWD. Personaly, I never liked the styling, specially the windows. I'm glad Subaru didn't lose it's appetite for performance and came up with the Sti.

Taz.

Quiggs
08-11-2004, 12:04 PM
If I remember, it lacked a manual transmission option. And they're too heavy for a performance oriented car. Still a nice design, I think.

Ferrari Tifosi
08-11-2004, 03:14 PM
Saw one of these for the first time yesterday at a Publix. I hadn't even heard of it until yesterday when I saw it. Looking at the specs and performance figures on that link, it seems that it isn't anything great but it definitely isn't a dog.

Coventrysucks
08-11-2004, 04:46 PM
A car so good, no one has heard of it!

Very few made it over to our Green and Pleasant Land.

SilverArrowZ
08-11-2004, 05:13 PM
never saw one at where i live...

strange window design.. but overall quite nice..

cls12vg30
08-11-2004, 08:55 PM
A neighbor of mine has one, in a beautiful royal blue. The windows are kind of odd, but if you've ever ridden in a vehicle with those plastic wind deflectors stuck on the window frame, you know what they had in mind. Run 85 mph with the windows down, you get plenty of air circulation and a nice breeze on the lower part of your body, but no wind in your face. Good idea. Until you try and go through a toll booth or a drive-thru. :rolleyes:

I'm not sure if they were all automatic or not, if that's the case it's just a travesty. The flat-six seemed like quite a good engine, if a bit difficult to work on. And the car's styling was very slick for the time. I think it comes closer to looking like a jet fighter than any other car.

Karrmann
08-13-2004, 09:53 AM
in case you didn't notice it was only production car with an all around glass canopy.