PDA

View Full Version : I got owned.

d-quik
08-11-2004, 12:18 PM
So now that I have recently moved, I needed to apply for a new license in the state. I signed up to write the test again and everything.

After writing the test, verything was going smoothly until I walked up to the eye test machine and I couldn't see shit (actually it was just the first number, and the rest were absolutly FINE). Basically now, I can not get a temporary permit or anything that will allow me to drive. I am getting an optometrist's perscription for glasses or contacts but that will take over a month. In other words, I can not drive for a month.

I am thinking of just borrowing a pair a friend (JUST for the test) because I feel I can see fine. Vision has never stopped me from doing anything. I am not going to spend the extra money on something I will probably never use again. Never wore contacts in my life, never been in a car accident, never got pulled over for anything, but I guess its just gotta be this way.:mad:

EDIT: My 60 days have ran out (http://content.collegehumor.com/media/movies/banned_cartoons_-_porky_pig_blooper.avi).

EDIT: woot, my optometrist showed that bitch whose boss. "able to drive without enhanced vision" he said. what a pimp. i love my optometrist.

taz_rocks_miami
08-11-2004, 12:23 PM
It's my understanding you can drive with your old license for 30 days while you get the new one. They won't let you do that? Go to the optometrist d-quik just to make sure, play it safe.

Taz.

SPHFerrari
08-11-2004, 08:24 PM
u say uve never been in an accident before, but, you know, it only takes one sometimes. often people vision deteriorates with age. before this year i had better than perfect vision, 20/16, and then i needed glasses at my next physical

IBrake4Rainbows
08-12-2004, 01:32 AM
I don't have remarkably good vision, but i still managed to get my L's. I only managed 9 out of 12 in the vision test (You had to pick the pattern in a square, i got the last 2, but my mid-far vision is lacking, apparently.

I have asked to go to the optometrist, and i suggest you should too, just because your optometrist says it's ok, don't believe. Get a second opinion, don't be a hazard to yourself and others.

d-quik
08-12-2004, 09:58 AM
Even the woman at the DriveTest said their machine was kind of old. Anyways, vision has never been a real problem yet, and another check-up might cost upwards of another 50 dollars. It's okay.

megotmea7
08-12-2004, 02:29 PM
second oppinion for vision test to make sure your ok to drive- $50

not killing someones mother due to your cheapness and disregard for others- priceless

d-quik
08-12-2004, 05:44 PM
second oppinion for vision test to make sure your ok to drive- $50

not killing someones mother due to your cheapness and disregard for others- pricelessOk first of all I am not cheap, I am poor. There is a ****ing difference. Second, the whole mastercard commercial imitation thing is ahem... lame. Third, who are you to say if I will "kill someone's mother"? (because that IS what you are implying) Do you know how I drive? Do you know how bad my vision is? If not, don't be a smartass. Besides, not everyone goes around getting tested by two optometrists when they renew or get a new license so don't discriminate me simply because the machine is ****ed up. Fourthly, I do have regard for others. Besides, if I am disregarding those around me, I will be punished as well. Just because I am not buying another eye exam doesn't be I am disreguardful. Judging people over the internet over ONE thing he/she said is kinda shallow buddy. Lastly, is that an ASS in your avatar?

I am not saying what I am doing is good, it is just that a professional and those around me all feel that my vision won't be a danger to people on the road.

What you did in ur post.
Reminded us that a second opinion is good, but still not neccessary (besides, nobody in the entire world does it.):)
Reminded me that I am poor.:mad:
Reminded us that you think lame (actually old & overused in this case) things to us are funny for you.:mad:
Called me cheap.:mad:
Called me disregardful.:mad:
11001011000100110::mad:
conclusion::mad::mad::mad::mad:

megotmea7
08-12-2004, 06:18 PM
wow, you took that well...

Ok first of all I am not cheap, I am poor. There is a ****ing difference. the fact that you took offence to this is funny as i have no idea what your economic situation is and based on what you said it just apears your being cheap.

Second, the whole mastercard commercial imitation thing is ahem... lame....Reminded us that you think lame (actually old & overused in this case) things to us are funny for you.:mad:
i never intended that to be funny it was just the best way to get my point across in the least amount of words possible as im rather lazt right now ;)

Third, who are you to say if I will "kill someone's mother"? (because that IS what you are implying) Do you know how I drive? Do you know how bad my vision is? If not, don't be a smartass. Besides, not everyone goes around getting tested by two optometrists when they renew or get a new license so don't discriminate me simply because the machine is ****ed up.
what im saying is why make that even a possiblity, why put someone elses(or your) life on the line over something as simple as your pride in how well of a driver you are, dislike for wearing glasses or contacts, and $50. i mean you dont know the machine is ****ed up, you got a second opinion (your optomatrist) and the results are different than befre which means you should delve into the problem a little deeper, not just take the answer you like as the truth. and your right i have no idea how well of a driver you are but if you were a bad one would you admit it? on a car forum?

Fourthly, I do have regard for others. Besides, if I am disregarding those around me, I will be punished as well. Just because I am not buying another eye exam doesn't be I am disreguardful. Judging people over the internet over ONE thing he/she said is kinda shallow buddy. Lastly, is that an ASS in your avatar?
lol you claim "Judging people over the internet over ONE thing he/she said is kinda shallow buddy" and in the very next sentence judge me by my avatar :rolleyes:. and no, its not an ass its a burro ;). im not judging anyone im just saying imagine how shitty you would feel if you got in an accedent and you were at fault due to you not seeing something some one else would have and someone was injured, all because you refused to pay $50 to make SURE(not assume) your ok to drive

megotmea7
08-12-2004, 06:21 PM
cont. for some reason you cant quote as much anyomre in one post???

I am not saying what I am doing is good, it is just that a professional and those around me all feel that my vision won't be a danger to people on the road. if thats good enough for you so be it. but just think about it.

Reminded us that a second opinion is good, but still not neccessary (besides, nobody in the entire world does it.):)
if the second oppinion involved the safetly of me or the safety of others you better bet your ass id do it. one doc. says you need a heart operation and you have a slight chance of death, do you just take his word for it or do you seek another opinion? this example is more severe and direct in a way but can be just as serious as a preventable car accident.

Reminded me that I am poor.:mad: if thats what i did i apologise as that was not my intention, like i said i have no idea of your economic standing.

Reminded us that you think lame (actually old & overused in this case) things to us are funny for you.:mad:
i guess i just dont have it anymore eh? oh well... :rolleyes:

Called me cheap.:mad:
only in my interpretation of your posts in this thread, i dont know you personaly so i dont know your spending habbits ;)

me disregardful.:mad:
my opinion, sorry but i have a right to one

1000100110::mad:
1010100011010111001101 to you too!

crisis
08-12-2004, 06:31 PM
Ok first of all I am not cheap, I am poor. There is a ****ing difference.
The result is the same . If you cant afford to have your sight brought up to a level where you are considered a safe driver you cannot drive. Much like someone who cannot afford a roadworthy car.
megotmea7 is mearly pointing out that you do youself and others a favour by ensuring your sight is good enought to drive. We all think we are better than we probably are. We sometimes need someon to tell us we arent.

conclusion::mad::mad::mad::mad:
Dont get mad, get glasses. ;)

d-quik
08-12-2004, 09:18 PM
since we are getting anal and technical
the fact that you took offence to this is funny as i have no idea what your economic situation is and based on what you said it just apears your being cheap.I never said anything to the opposite of this
i never intended that to be funny it was just the best way to get my point across in the least amount of words possible as im rather lazt right now ;)yaw...
what im saying is why make that even a possiblity, why put someone elses(or your) life on the line over something as simple as your pride in how well of a driver you are, dislike for wearing glasses or contacts, and $50. i mean you dont know the machine is ****ed up, you got a second opinion (your optomatrist) and the results are different than befre which means you should delve into the problem a little deeper, not just take the answer you like as the truth. and your right i have no idea how well of a driver you are but if you were a bad one would you admit it? on a car forum?If you had read my posts, you would know that
1. I made it a possibility because it is in my judgement (and many of my friends) that it is not a neccesity
2. I have never said I had pride in my driving skills. I don't race, I can't drive like a macho, and my car isn't capable of taking my skills to the next level anyways. So no, I don't have pride in my driving skills.
3. The empolyees at DriveTest told me that their eye machine was old and something was wrong with the lighting. Another thing you might want to know is that in the 5 letters I needed to read clearly, it was always the 1st letter that was clear and the otehr ones were very clear. This 1st letter blurriness was consistent. Now if my eyes were really screwed up, not only would ALL of the letters be unclear, but there would be no consistency at all in which letters I could read.

If I was a bad driver, I would admit it. However, I am not; I am an average but consistent driver.
lol you claim "Judging people over the internet over ONE thing he/she said is kinda shallow buddy" and in the very next sentence judge me by my avatarFirst of all, I did not state that you were shallow, I stated what you did was 'kind of shallow'. Even if I did, it will be because of MANY things you have said not just one thing. As for the avatar, no I did not JUDGE you by your avatar, I ASKED if your avatar was an ass. Now at the schools of where I come from, they didn't teach mean anything about the similarities between judging and asking.
and no, its not an ass its a burro ;)nice.
im not judging anyone im just saying imagine how shitty you would feel if you got in an accedent and you were at fault due to you not seeing something some one else would have and someone was injured,I would not feel shitty at all, by not getting this second opinion, I automatically assume the slightly additional risk of something horrible happening.

megotmea7
08-13-2004, 01:25 AM
I would not feel shitty at all, by not getting this second opinion, I automatically assume the slightly additional risk of something horrible happening.
i think that pretty much sums it up tight there, you "assume the risk" im guessing to yourself. what about all the other ppl on the road you may or may not be endangering? anyway i think this thread has been way overthought and most of my point have been lost somewhere in the mix. ohh well do as you please :rolleyes: