PDA

View Full Version : The Security in IRL

piledriver
08-22-2003, 09:21 AM
People that like motorsports tell us what do you think about Indy Racing and its current levels of security...

Let me explain the point of my question:
almost every race, a driver get involved in an incident and injured...
Where this series will get if it continues like this?????
:mad:

Homem de Gelo
08-22-2003, 01:44 PM
I hope they come up with a far safer chassis next year. There have been too many serious unjuries this year.

But then, it can never be 100% safe to drive at 200 mph with a concrete wall a few metres away from you.

piledriver
08-26-2003, 04:41 AM
Originally posted by Arcanjo
I hope they come up with a far safer chassis next year. There have been too many serious unjuries this year.

But then, it can never be 100% safe to drive at 200 mph with a concrete wall a few metres away from you.

I know it, but when CART used to race ovals some years ago, and faster than IRL, there where less injuries than nowadays....

defchef
08-29-2003, 09:50 AM
i think the IRL is too dangerous with these chassis. itīs the same like in NASCAR with the jerry nadeau accident. in america the have todo a lot for passiv security by the car.

piledriver
10-24-2003, 06:53 AM
Letīs back to this discussion, after 2 accidents in this series:
one almos fatal, and another fatal crashing that killed Tony Renna.... this week...
They (the "big bosses" of the series) had to take a serious look at the security package īcos the driverīs life is more important than anything!!!!!!

Every death in motorsports makes me angry and sad īcos itīs not war, or a fight... itīs just a race...
and there should be limits to a race...
and every time the push too hard these limits, happens what happened this week...

Iīm very sorry about these things....
:(

Homem de Gelo
10-27-2003, 12:21 PM
The cars are simply too fast. What fence in the world would ever stop a car flying in its direction at nearly 200 mph?

defchef
11-06-2003, 06:42 AM
I think they should go bak to CART:!!!

BUt what will you do, slowing the cars down would be safer, but who wants to see slow cars ?????
I think that open wheel cars are to dangerous for oval tracks.
they just have to much downforce and less wight for a speed of 200 mph.
passive safety like soft walls which are used by some NASCAR
races will be a start for better races wihout any damaged people.

Homem de Gelo
12-22-2003, 10:24 AM
Has anyone seen the lastest updates on Renna's crash? They basically say it was his fault. Maybe the spin was his fault, but it sure wasn't his fault that the car got airborn, he didn't design the car.