PDA

View Full Version : Who, what, where, when, how quiz :)

Matra et Alpine
08-15-2004, 05:12 PM
Fairly simple rules.
Who is it.
What is it.
Where was it.
When was it
How did it happen

SIMPLETON
08-15-2004, 05:17 PM
I dont know too much about rallying so im only going to take a stab at the "what is it":

it is:

A slightly better looking Ford Focus?

Cotterik
08-15-2004, 06:13 PM
Who is it - WRC driver Markko Martin and Co-Driver Michael Park

What is it - Ford Focus WRC04 ( Car no7 )

Where was it - Rally Argentina

When was it - end of the fifth stage, 16 July 2004

How did it happen - It was a kilometre-long straight towards the end of SS5. They were flat in sixth and then the car took off and they jumped so far that it felt like it landed on its roof. They then went over numerous times.
The jump came at the end of a long straight. They took a slightly different line and on landing the car's differential guard hit a rock. The impact kicked the car into the air and it landed on its nose before rolling end over end down the road. The first impact took much of the speed out of the accident so the car didn't roll too many times. Markko's door was ripped open so they both climbed out that side and went back down the road to warn following cars.

GTR Dreamer
08-15-2004, 06:17 PM
damn coTTerik that is some pretty good stuff! even if it is wrong! :D
u deserve a rep!

motorsportnerd
08-15-2004, 08:39 PM
Sounds like CoTTerik is right to me. I saw a replay of the crash - it was huge. I'm glad Martin and Park were OK. But just to show the stern stuff Martin is made of he finished second in the following round, the Rally of Finland.

Rockefella
08-15-2004, 09:44 PM
lol, he got his direct answer from Michael Park, word for word about how it happened, good job anyway on getting it right.

Mustang
08-16-2004, 01:27 AM
Who is it - WRC driver Markko Martin and Co-Driver Michael Park

What is it - Ford Focus WRC04 ( Car no7 )

Where was it - Rally Argentina

When was it - end of the fifth stage, 16 July 2004

How did it happen - It was a kilometre-long straight towards the end of SS5. They were flat in sixth and then the car took off and they jumped so far that it felt like it landed on its roof. They then went over numerous times.
The jump came at the end of a long straight. They took a slightly different line and on landing the car's differential guard hit a rock. The impact kicked the car into the air and it landed on its nose before rolling end over end down the road. The first impact took much of the speed out of the accident so the car didn't roll too many times. Markko's door was ripped open so they both climbed out that side and went back down the road to warn following cars.

DAM YOU :p:p:p:p

Just one thing that you forgot to put in there,

the crash happened at 108mph and one of the main reasons that it happened was because ford tried to save money, by banning there gravel crews. this saved the £40,000 but it cost them a £400,000 car.

not a good choice overall really ended up costing them £360,000 more :p

Mustang
08-16-2004, 10:57 AM
can i do one ?

baddabang
08-16-2004, 11:09 AM
Who-Earnhardt, Jr
What-corvette c5 r
When-Like 4 weeks ago
Where-Sonoma Raceway
How-he spun and hit a barrier and burst into flames in a practice race.

SIMPLETON
08-16-2004, 11:32 AM
Who-Earnhardt, Jr
What-corvette c5 r
When-Like 4 weeks ago
Where-Sonoma Raceway
How-he spun and hit a barrier and burst into flames in a practice race.

cold tires, cold track. A combination that odnt work too well