PDA

View Full Version : A thread dedicated to halt re-posts

d-quik
08-16-2004, 01:35 PM
When you have something interesting, please do the following before posting it. (I have searched the forums for a topic like this and have found none)Check when the article/video/picture was release. If it is older than 10 years old, it is likely it has already been read before.Search the forums by either scanning or using the search tool to see if you article/video/picture has already been posted.If it is on a popular website, a post might not be needed for people to know about it:).If the article/picture/video you wish to post is (for sure) not posted yet, don't post it right away. Try to find a thread that has already been created and see if the contents can be placed in an already created thread.As a last resort, start a new thread.There was a recent down-pour of reposts. This includes the video of a pedistrian being pulverized, an extended MINI, and the O'reily factor video. (not a repost but quite old though.:))

Mustang
08-16-2004, 03:36 PM
i agree try and stop re-posts but sometimes when youuse the search it doesnt find the exact phrase u need to find, asnd there isnt going to be many members that want to traul through - for example the 50 + pages that there are in the multimedia section to see if there pic has been posted before.

if it is a popular site then it has probably been seen so there isnt any point in starting a thread about it really i guess.

megotmea7
08-16-2004, 05:19 PM
why does it matter, mabe some ppl havent seen it and wouldnt have seen it if the person hadnt reposted it? if you've seen it b4 then dont look, or tell them its a repost so pll can go and search on their own to see what else has been said on the subject before in the original post