PDA

View Full Version : Supercharged V-6 (what engine)?

GTR Dreamer
08-17-2004, 07:41 PM
hi, i hope that one day i will own a Z4 and i want to build it my own to look similar to the V8 Topster. the question is, what V6 engine (that i could supercharge) and that would fit in the Z4's bay.
thanks guys.. :)

megotmea7
08-17-2004, 07:57 PM
a bmw engine preferable as anything else would be a waste of perfectly good money for the fabrication. i would thing a M3 I6 would work tho im not sure about how much fabrication would come into play as bmw engine swaps and more specificly Z4 engine swaps arnt very common. and those engines can see around 800hp turbocharged. of coarse thats if you dont have your mond seat on a V6 and supercharging.

oh and you can supercharge any engine you want to. there are variables that will limit its power production and finding a supercharger to fit it is also a problem and may require modifications to a existing supercharger. i know the have supercharger and turbo kits available for the M I 6 as my boss has a supercharged M3

GTR Dreamer
08-17-2004, 10:45 PM
are thre any v6 bmw engines? i was searching but couldnt find any

megotmea7
08-17-2004, 11:54 PM
not that i know of, why the infatuation with the V6? the I6 is a overall more balanced design and the M3 Inline 6 is just about the best BMW engine you'll find