PDA

View Full Version : mp3

Suka
08-20-2004, 03:36 AM
I was just thinking, it might be nice to be able to post mp3 files. I have a friend who has a new band and i have some of his songs and i want to share them here but can't, or don't we have the bandwidth?

Matra et Alpine
08-20-2004, 03:45 AM
I was just thinking, it might be nice to be able to post mp3 files. I have a friend who has a new band and i have some of his songs and i want to share them here but can't, or don't we have the bandwidth?
Personally, Suka, I don't think UCP should become a 'free' web source for everything we'd fancy sharing. Wouter does have to pay for the storage and more importantly the bandwidth.
So car stuff OK.
You can alwys put a link here to any of the 'free' sites. You may want to advise your friends to host soem clips of their mp3s on a web page so that they MIGHT get heard and "picked up" :)
But wav/mp3 might be nice for all those engine sounds som eof us have stored away :)

Suka
08-20-2004, 03:47 AM
No, they have a record deal, have an album coming out, i just wondered if you guys would like them?
I'll just post their site then: Koopa (http://www.koopatheband.com/index.html)

Matra et Alpine
08-20-2004, 05:38 AM
Where are they from ?
Very US'ish accents.
Are they trying to be a busted come blink182 ?

The mix is really solid and I like it.
Just wonder if they'll suffer for getting labelled as 'copy'.
Shame if they did, sounds like could enjoy a gig :)

Pass kudos to friends and good luck !!!

Suka
08-20-2004, 05:49 AM
Nah, they live just down the road from me, Ollie, the lead singer, is a year older than me. They turned down a deal with EMI because they wanted them to be like busted!

UK CARS
08-20-2004, 11:14 AM
Nah, they live just down the road from me, Ollie, the lead singer, is a year older than me. They turned down a deal with EMI because they wanted them to be like busted!
They will do well, but the american accent needs to be droped.

Suka
08-21-2004, 07:38 AM
They will do well, but the american accent needs to be droped.
Well Ollie the lead singer is a bit of an idiot.