PDA

View Full Version : HELP NEEDED.....RIGHT now..PLZ

white devil
08-21-2004, 01:35 AM
HEY guy s i m going to buy some parts for my 1997 Mr2 i need some help right now PLZ.. I need some pics of some nice tuned MR2 so i can get an idea of what i m gona buy.... PLZ post some pic as soon as possible :(

drakkie
08-21-2004, 01:54 AM
when you google it you find a lot of nice pics.i tried tuned+mr2, and got hundrds of results

:Exige:
08-21-2004, 06:52 AM
Is it a Turbo? Im presuming its Revision 5 (with the combat spoiler). If its not a Turbo then theres no point doing anything ot it because it will be slow as hell. The post Revision 3 Turbos have 245bhp but the N/a specs have about 190 i think. Problem with NA is if you want to make it go fast you will have to add your own forced induction which will cost alot. My friend whos getting an Exige currently has a Revision 4 MR2 Turbo Jap-spec. On that he has :

Blitz Dual SBC Boost Controller
Blitz Supersound Dump Valve
Apexi Induction kit (You can really hear it suck and it makes the Dump valve louder)
Italiavolanti Flat bottomed steering wheel because the standard one rubs you knees
Momo aluminium gear knob
5iegen Exhaust (very expensive)
Competition Clutch + lightweight flywheel
S2000 Starter Button

He's currently running at around 310bhp at 18psi. It can beat a Ferrari 360 but he once raced a Porsche in Brighton not knowing it was a Carrera GT. He lost.

Another thing I'd get done is the suspension because the stock one is incredibly poor and a must is uprated brakes.

I don't like any cosmetics but if you want a good body kit for the MR2 which wont make everyone think your a ricer get a TRD GT2000 kit. For a picture click here (http://www.btinternet.com/~adefadero/mm2_02.jpg)

Also, Toms T020 scoops are good for cooling down the engine bay and getting cool air to the induction kit. Theres are some pictures here (http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/378892/3) Not all the cars have them but look for the ones with a scoop coming out of the engine bay.

This is a rather long post but I hope you find it useful :D

GEO-oNe
08-21-2004, 08:12 AM
wow i have an MR2 also yay but mines a 1987

08-21-2004, 09:56 AM
Look on Ebay too .. you can find some rare stuff on there for MR2's that you wouldn't find on Google. Especially Toms scoops.

Another very interesting site with loads of cosmetic stuff especially for MR2's is http://www.revision6.com/. They do their own range which they abtly named Revision 6, their Sleepy Eye kits a pretty good and Ive always liked their Engine Bay fans. They also do their own Toms style Scoops ... I think their rear light kits are Ricerish though.

Oh and dont believe what people say about MR2's swapping ends when you make them any more powerful .. its Bulls**t

08-21-2004, 11:22 AM
Heres a couple of pics of his MR2 Turbo. Its a Revision 4 so it has the single piece spoiler as apposed to the taller combat spoiler on the Revision 5. American spec MR2's have a 2.2 litre engine wheras the Jap spec has a 2.0 litre. Strangely though, the 2.2 litre car is slower and handles worse. I dunno what sort you have but 1997 is very new for an MR2. He's selling it soon to get an Exige so these are actually a couple of the pics he will be using to advertise it.

08-21-2004, 11:40 AM
Heres a pic of the engine bay - If you look at the top left corner of the bay you can see the induction kit which is bloody huge! Bottom right corner you might be able to make out the solenoid unit for the boost controller. In the middle of the engine bay you should be able to see a polished silver thingy .. thats the dump valve. Its not the best looking engine bay but the noise it makes is pheomenal - the sound of the induction kit sucking then the dump valve releasing the air cant be described. Were gonna make a video to help advertise it so you can see that too if its not too big (were gonna try to keep it around 3.5mb.)