PDA

View Full Version : Tamiya pit crew

viva799
08-23-2004, 02:28 PM
As readers of my earlier thread have noticed, i'm currently building a Tamiya Lotus 78. I also have the Tamiya racing pit crew to complete as a diorama as a suprise for my Lotus loving brother-in-law. Does anyone have any reference photo's or links for the pitcrew overall,shirts,colour schemes? I've found a few fuzzy photo's on the internet but nothing brilliant. I'm assuming there was a painting guide with the pit crew pit set as there plenty of decals for the Lotus Team. However this wasn't included when the kit was delivered (Ebay purchase).

Lastly, does anybody have any ideas for building or pictures of pit crew diorama's that would inspire me. One thing that would help is how to produce great tarmac. Black/grey fine sand paper with various washes & old kit rubber tyres to scraped along for skid marks was the best i could think off.

Thanks again

Steve - UK

henk4
08-23-2004, 02:34 PM
have you tried: www.f1m.com,

there is a wealth of info on formula 1 modelling

:Exige:
08-23-2004, 02:36 PM
Welcome Steve

When I was building my Scalextrix set (which I have un-fortunatley sold) I had a theme similar to the era of the Lotus 78. I found the best pictures to reflect the era were actually pictures of the Goodwood Racing Circuit. That has very 1940's styling but shares much with the 60's-70's race tracks buildings. I cant really help you with anything else because the last time I made a kit it turned into a huge mess with the grills eventually being stuck to my arm with superglue :rolleyes: (it was a Ford GT40 but turned out more like a write-off).

Hope you have a great time on these forums.

viva799
08-24-2004, 01:40 PM
Thanks guys, this is pointing me in the right direction. I have a few months to complete the diorama, so the next two weeks i'll be gathering research photo's. I'll pop along to the local bookshop this weekend as there's a huge historical f1 bible that may contain the material i require.

Thanks again

Maybe i'll post periodic screenshops as the build get under way.

Regards

Steve