PDA

View Full Version : What cars do you have in GT3?

werty
08-23-2004, 04:11 PM
Well i know its not a new game or anything, but i just got it recently and is still new to me. I was wondering what your best cars were that you have, or if anyone knows what the best car is, in the game?

Right now i have a:
Pagani Zonda S with 1128hp---top speed is 255mph
Dodge viper with 1111hp---top speed is 272mph
Supra with 1063hp---top speed is 232mph

laxplayer98
08-23-2004, 04:15 PM
almost everything good on the game tuned to the max but since someone stole my controller i can't tell you exactly what i havei know i have an f1 car and it is my favorite

challenger
08-23-2004, 04:52 PM
Well i know its not a new game or anything, but i just got it recently and is still new to me. I was wondering what your best cars were that you have, or if anyone knows what the best car is, in the game?

Right now i have a:
Pagani Zonda S with 1128hp---top speed is 255mph
Dodge viper with 1111hp---top speed is 272mph
Supra with 1063hp---top speed is 232mph

i have over 150 cars , i won 100 of them and ive sold lots. i cant choose my best car.

TIP:go on the endourance races. go on super speedwaay. the hardest cars you will be againt is the ruf ctr2.
you will be able to beat it in your viper. at the end you will get a tikford or a pollyphony.

its an easy race with good rewards for you to start serious racing! :)

werty
08-23-2004, 04:55 PM
TIP:go on the endourance races. go on super speedwaay. the hardest cars you will be againt is the ruf ctr2.
you will be able to beat it in your viper. at the end you will get a tikford or a pollyphony.

its an easy race with good rewards for you to start serious racing! :)
well thats how i got my pagani yesterday from the money from that race, and i think i'm gonna do it again soon for more $$$$

Quiggs
08-23-2004, 05:01 PM
I've been playing since it came out. Still my favorite PSX/PS2 game ever.

"Best car" is really subjective- are you looking to blow the competition away with ease, or would you rather spend some time really driving the cars and learning how changes affect them? Big horsepower is not always the way to go. Perfect example of this is the Lotus Esprit. Stage 4 turbo will yield over 1000 horsepower, but the brakes (even upgraded) can't deal with it. I've found I turn equal lap times in 500-700hp cars as I do in 1000+ cars.

If you just want to get to 100% (which is kind of hard since you need all golds on all 7 licenses) win a F1 car and go to town on the competition.

My favorite cars are probably the ZO6 Corvette for American and RWD series; the Mercedes CLK55 for the European series; either an Evo V or later or Skyline R34 for Japanese racing. For the FWD series, I recommend the Honda Integra Type-R. Subaru Impreza for the rally races. You don't need the Suzuki PPV. The Tickford is a torque beast and handles rather well. For the endurance races, the Mazda 787B is fun- fast, handles, gets good tire wear. But the real surprise for me was buying the VW Beetle RSi, building it up to ~330hp, and finishing it with upgraded brakes, suspension, and tires. It might make my vote for most fun car to drive.

www.gtplanet.net has all you could ever want to know about GT3- prize car lists, tuning guides, settings; all that stuff.

Have fun! :D

ruim20
08-23-2004, 05:03 PM
i got almost 200 cars, haven't played it in a wile, Waiting for GT4 :P Cannot race the endurance with the mazda MX-5, does anyone know how to beat that race?

i prefered gt2, with that option to tune almost all the cars to race mode... ahh well one can only dream it apears again in GT4

:Exige:
08-23-2004, 05:05 PM
Ive got quite a few but my favourites are :

980hp Polyphony F1 style car (Definatley the best car in the game)
TVR Speed 12 (Its actually a Cerbera Speed 12)
1600bhp Suzuki Escudo (Point and Squirt)
Lamborghini Diablo GT (Had to use a GameShark thingy to unlock it)

If you want to know more about the Diablo GT then search it on the net. I think its only on the PAL versions of the game. Its like the CLK-GTR in GT2, it was taken out at the last minute but is still on the disk. Its a great car to drive but suffers from some serious oversteer.

werty
08-23-2004, 05:07 PM
does anyone know if they are gonna get ferrari into gt4? i really hope they do and have an enzo in the game :cool: that would be soo cool

Quiggs
08-23-2004, 05:10 PM
does anyone know if they are gonna get ferrari into gt4? i really hope they do and have an enzo in the game :cool: that would be soo cool

EA will continue to be the exclusive license holder for both Porsche and Ferrari. They might also have Lamborghini, but I'm not positive.

Benz_Boy_1
08-24-2004, 03:33 AM
well.. i'd done the whole game apart from two endurances, which i couldnt be arsed to do, so i started again... and i already got some wicked cars

SlickHolden
08-24-2004, 03:45 AM
When are we gunna see some holden's in GT :mad:
7lt Monaro 300kp/h ++++ Would be great :D

VtecMini
08-24-2004, 04:20 AM
EA will continue to be the exclusive license holder for both Porsche and Ferrari. They might also have Lamborghini, but I'm not positive.

And that's why you should buy Project Gotham 2 on the Xbox. :)

That's got the Enzo, F50, F40, 288 GTO, 360 Modena, 360 Spider, 360 Challenge Stradale, 550 Barchetta, 575m Maranello, 250 GT, 275 GTB, 355 F1, Dino 245 GT and Testarossa. All the Porsches are in there too, plus the TVRs, Pagani, Koenigsegg, Lotus, Noble, Ascari and Saleen. AND you can take any one of them round the Nordshleife. Woo!

Although it doesn't have the massive number of cars that any of the GT games do, it actually has the ones you want i.e. not Mazda Demios.

On a side note, I can't remember how exactly he did it, but my friend got the Escudo to go over 600mph on the speed ring on GT3. I didn't believe him when he told me, but he did show me... And you call that game realistic!?!? :p

challenger
08-24-2004, 04:27 AM

That's got the Enzo, F50, F40, 288 GTO, 360 Modena, 360 Spider, 360 Challenge Stradale, 550 Barchetta, 575m Maranello, 250 GT, 275 GTB, 355 F1, Dino 245 GT and Testarossa. All the Porsches are in there too, plus the TVRs, Pagani, Koenigsegg, Lotus, Noble, Ascari and Saleen. AND you can take any one of them round the Nordshleife. Woo!

Although it doesn't have the massive number of cars that any of the GT games do, it actually has the ones you want i.e. not Mazda Demios.

On a side note, I can't remember how exactly he did it, but my friend got the Escudo to go over 600mph on the speed ring on GT3. I didn't believe him when he told me, but he did show me... And you call that game realistic!?!? :p

project gotham 2 is ACE. i love the cayerne (sp) on it

Roy Visser
08-24-2004, 04:28 AM
Best game ever, and just as Quiggs i bought it when it came out, and still play it. I don't know who here is from Supercars but i did quite alot of Competitions for GT3 there, loads of fun :) I got 3 memory cards with all different save games on it and all different cars. My totall must be around 250 I think. My faves are: Audi S4, Toyota Altezza RS200 (supurb drifting vehicle) and the Honda Integra Type R

Roy Visser
08-24-2004, 04:29 AM
AND you can take any one of them round the Nordshleife. Woo!

what are some of your laptimes around the track? And in what car? Im kinda curious about how accurate PGR is

SlickHolden
08-24-2004, 05:11 AM
I did 430kp/h in the Escudo in GT2 best car in the game

fpv_gtho
08-24-2004, 05:51 AM
my favourites would be the polyphony 001 for the main races and the Tickford XR8 Supercar or my burnout machine :p

Mustang
08-24-2004, 06:45 AM
project gotham 2 in the CGT or koenigsegg or maybee even the enzo :)around Nordshleife

more-boost1555
08-24-2004, 10:47 AM

It's kind of a bug in the game, you have to set up really soft rear springs and hard fronts, take all the downforce off the front wing and put it all on the rear.

Give it really tall gearing, then just hammer it and the car will wheelie and reach incredible speeds. Why the wheelie increases speed I don't know, but it does. I never reached 600 mph though, I'd always run into the walls cause when you wheelie you have to look up into the sky and you can't control the car at all. I think I got up to like 360 or something, still rediculous.

Quiggs
08-24-2004, 10:57 AM
I've heard of people breaking out of the tracks in certain bugs and reaching 2,000,000mph. Freaky physics settings on the Escudo... Crazy stuff. I've never tried it. I've never even driven the Escudo.

As for PGR2... I don't own X-Box and 1 game isn't reason enough for me to buy it. Plus the only arcade racers I like are the NFS games- HP2 being my favorite.

08-24-2004, 11:56 AM
The Escudo is way not the best car in the game ... its probably the fastest accelerating but when you come to a corner it doesnt as much go round it as it does go through it. The best car by far is the 900+hp Polyphony ... It can keep up with an Escudo and corner faster than anything in the game .. and If im right in saying the 900hp is the one based on the Lotus F1 car it looks great too :D

VtecMini
08-24-2004, 12:44 PM
what are some of your laptimes around the track? And in what car? Im kinda curious about how accurate PGR is

I just jumped on it (I haven't played it for a while so I was pretty rusty) I recorded a 6:57 round Nordschleife in the Radical SR3 Turbo, I ran out of talent on at least 5 corners though, with some practice I could probably take 15 seconds off that. The fastest times on Live are all recorded in the TVR Cerbera Speed 12. The fastest being 5:55. The next fastest is the Porsche 911 GT1, someone did a 6:06 in that. There's a 6:12 in the Mercedes Benz CLK-GTR, then there's a 6:13 in the Ferrari Enzo.

So they're hardly accurate, the real Nordschleife lap record is 7:19, which was set in the SR3 Turbo in July. The biggest difference presumably being the actual acceleration of the car. Since in real life they "only" managed "over 160mph" (presumably less than 165mph? Maybe the speedo only goes upto 160. Anyone want to confirm/disprove that?) on the Döttinger Höhe straight whereas I was doing 179mph whilst bouncing off the end of the rev range. :)

Sorry, I've kinda gone a bit off topic, haven't I? Whilst I'm off topic I may as well ask if anyone else except challenger and I play PGR2. Maybe if there's enough we could run some competitions like the GT3 ones, or meet on Live so I can show you who's boss? :rolleyes:

08-24-2004, 12:59 PM
I play PGR2 but ive lent my disk to someone and theyre not very good so Im not expecting it back for a long time :(

Mustang
08-24-2004, 01:45 PM
by then youll have GT4 and ont be bothered :p

UK CARS
08-24-2004, 01:57 PM
ive got a Desert car jet thingy on GT3

Viper007
08-24-2004, 02:13 PM
Werty has the biggest most badass viper of all time!

Mustang
08-24-2004, 02:18 PM
Werty has the biggest most badass viper of all time!

if you say so, ours is better, and i bet painterrs kills everyones :p

UK CARS
08-24-2004, 02:23 PM
what is it with your tonguey out smily, mustang? its anoying.

Mustang
08-24-2004, 02:25 PM
what is it with your tonguey out smily, mustang? its anoying.

dunno i just find it relevant for everything that i post :p and now im so used to putting it in that it just happens naturally :)