PDA

View Full Version : and beyond air power ....

Matra et Alpine
08-27-2004, 10:05 AM
Further to recent accouncemnts regarding air-powered vehicles, scientists have released details of what they are calling a break-through in power generation.

"It will revolutionise the automobile" said Professor Kerr. His close friends said "yes, Eema Wan has it working in his lab it's amazing"

Under tethered trials at the moment, the Professor said he hoped this proof of concept would lead to utlising his technique to power the next generation of electric vehicles. "It only requries additional modules linked to gether to provide the power equivalent of a Jumbo jet"

See it here (http://www.otherpower.com/hamster.html)

Hell_Unleashed
08-27-2004, 11:00 AM
That would b interesting... have hamsters running aroung inside ur engine. Or how about dogs... they are faster arnt they! plus they r mans best friend.
'Run Rover run... we have to beat that mustang powered by chiwawas!!'

megotmea7
08-27-2004, 04:09 PM
i heard about these new things called sails, they started putting them on boats a few years back. their essentially wood poles with some cloth tied to them. i guess the idea is some magical force called 'wind' catches the cloth and pushes the sail and whatever its connected to. i dont know, sounds like jibberish to me :confused:

Egg Nog
08-27-2004, 06:39 PM
i heard about these new things called sails, they started putting them on boats a few years back. their essentially wood poles with some cloth tied to them. i guess the idea is some magical force called 'wind' catches the cloth and pushes the sail and whatever its connected to. i dont know, sounds like jibberish to me :confused:

The differences in air pressure behind and in front of the sail actually cause it to be "pulled" forward, rather than pushed. It's a little more difficult to visualise, though :)

megotmea7
08-27-2004, 09:46 PM
The differences in air pressure behind and in front of the sail actually cause it o be "pulled" forward, rather than pushed. It's a little more difficult to visualise, though
whatever, you keep your black magic voodoo away from me you hethen :p :rolleyes: