PDA

View Full Version : New Toyota Race Engine

more-boost1555
09-11-2003, 09:41 AM
Does anyone know anything about the new Toyota push rod engine they will be using for NASCAR nad The Craftsman Truck Series? I'm pretty sure they will be in the truck series next year, and Nascar a yar or two later. Nascar only allows the use of pushrod V8's manufactured in the U.S. to be used in their series, and Toyota did not have any push rod engines. So they are developing one, and will be manufacturing it in the U.S. in order to compete. Also the engine, although not required to be in a mass produced vehicle or any kind of vehicle at that, must be available to the public as a crate motor or in some way sold to the masses. So soon you should be able to buy a push rod Toyota V8! How weird is that?!

I don't know anything about the specs or plans for what this engine will be like however, or who will be designing it. I would imagine it would be an american design and not coming from Japan. Any info you have would be welcome, thanks.

piledriver
09-12-2003, 06:12 AM
search here (http://www.toyota.com/motorsports/index2.html) for information about toyota´s motorsports programme in USA...
it must have the info you need...

more-boost1555
09-12-2003, 10:13 AM
Thanks man, they had some good info. I'd still like to hear more about it's development though, but at least I found out it's made by TRD USA.