PDA

View Full Version : throttlemax.com

wapwapwap
08-31-2004, 04:17 PM
hey, have you guys checked out this competition?

http://www.throttlemax.com

Sdeweys
08-31-2004, 05:19 PM
Interesting..... I've got some old footage of me doing donuts in my brothers 200sx in the wet and hitting a parked car. It's pretty funny, I'll could sent that in.

DodgeNitroBIRM
08-31-2004, 05:21 PM
I said it once, but I'll say it again!

Oh, dear, god.... Get paid to be a moron and while putting other people in danger. Idiots.

Sdeweys
08-31-2004, 05:34 PM
there was nobody around, the only person I put in danger was myself when my brother came home...if I win a prize I'll give it to him...unless it's money :)

DodgeNitroBIRM
08-31-2004, 05:37 PM
Didn't necessarily mean you, bud. I meant the guys that are encouraging this crap.

DodgeNitroBIRM
08-31-2004, 06:20 PM
A reference friends, on why the guy who is doing this "Underground" video is a moron.

http://www.ultimatecarpage.com/forum/showthread.php?p=112260#post112260

vg30det
08-31-2004, 06:30 PM
A reference friends, on why the guy who is doing this "Underground" video is a moron.

http://www.ultimatecarpage.com/forum/showthread.php?p=112260#post112260

Street racing goes on everywhere.... I hope the throttlemax.com guy has a good lawyer.....should make for a wicked watch tho! :D

DodgeNitroBIRM
08-31-2004, 07:09 PM
Street racing goes on everywhere....
Does that make it any more sane? NO!

I hope the throttlemax.com guy has a good lawyer.....
I personally hope not.

should make for a wicked watch tho! :D
Yeah, on fire in my trash can (emptied first, of course).

wapwapwap
08-31-2004, 08:04 PM
jeez, what a hater!
It's not like it's all about street racing anyway. Besides, burnouts have been going on down my steet since my dad was young and nobodys ever been hurt. Dodge, sounds like you've had some bad experience...or maybe you're a cop? who knows...
where I live we even have street racing on a track, it's called 'street' as a class
ie. not purpose drag cars.
Good fun for everyone!

DodgeNitroBIRM
08-31-2004, 08:20 PM
jeez, what a hater!
It's not like it's all about street racing anyway. Besides, burnouts have been going on down my steet since my dad was young and nobodys ever been hurt. Dodge, sounds like you've had some bad experience...or maybe you're a cop? who knows...
where I live we even have street racing on a track, it's called 'street' as a class
ie. not purpose drag cars.
Good fun for everyone!

No, I'm not a cop. Street racing is wrong and stupid, you not just putting your life at risk, but some innocent driver that happened to be driving down the road you were racing on. In REAL, CONTROLLED racing, IE: the street class you mention, you don't risk someone else's life, just your own. Even so, you still have an ambulance there to take you to a hospital if you are hurt.

Burnouts are a bit different, but doing it on the street is still a bit moronic.

By the way, I have a REAL fun game you street racers might enjoy! It goes like this, you grab a revolver, put one bullet in the chamber, spin the chamber, shut it before it stops and don't look at it, put it to you head and pull the trigger, if you don't die, YOU WIN!!!!!!!!!!!!

wapwapwap
08-31-2004, 08:28 PM
haha yeah we play that game too. :)

DodgeNitroBIRM
08-31-2004, 08:30 PM
haha yeah we play that game too. :)
It wouldn't surprise me. No, wait you do! It's street racing itself!

vg30det
08-31-2004, 08:42 PM
It wouldn't surprise me. No, wait you do! It's street racing itself!

So you never brake any road rules?
You've never had a go when the lights went green?

DodgeNitroBIRM
08-31-2004, 08:53 PM
The only real time I really broke the road rules, I mean over 10 over, was when my brother broke his arms in a bad Motocycle incident. I was on my way to the hospital to be with him. If I am driving normally, it's 5 over. I pass to the left and pull back into the right lane. I move out of the way of faster traffic. In other words, I'M SANE.

I've never had a "go" when the lights went green, except at the drag strip. I got to the semi-finals and went red. I followed the advice of another guy in a higher class, mistake.

Ferrari Tifosi
08-31-2004, 09:28 PM
Fact is Burning out is illegal on the streets and Street racing is for morons who like to indanger others. Enough said.

Sdeweys
08-31-2004, 09:53 PM
haha it might be illegal on your streets mate. Amercian law doesn't cover the globe you know. Different situations for different nations etc.

DodgeNitroBIRM
08-31-2004, 09:54 PM
Doesn't make it any less dangerous or stupid.

Go to Supercars.net, where your kind is accepted.

Ferrari Tifosi
08-31-2004, 10:02 PM
haha it might be illegal on your streets mate. Amercian law doesn't cover the globe you know. Different situations for different nations etc.

So, y'all can just burnout and do donuts at random at no penalty of the law, great stuff that is. :rolleyes:

DodgeNitroBIRM
08-31-2004, 10:06 PM
<sighs> The Fast and The Furious have infected people outside of the US. Sad, sad times we live in.

Sdeweys
08-31-2004, 10:13 PM
man, you're so anal!
Actually it does make it less dangerous, thus less stupid to have street races in my town then yours by the sound of it. Just as it's not dangerous to have unlimited speed down the autobarn in Germany but if you were do the same down a highway in Virginia it would be. Peoples living situations can be very much different outside of your own ya know, open your mind, we don't even HAVE a race track in my city.

From what I've read on that street racing thread you didn't have much support for your opinions. Prehaps you ought to go to whineandwinge.com where you'll find more of your kind who want to listen.

DodgeNitroBIRM
08-31-2004, 10:16 PM
And maybe you need to find a tree, to run into.

Ferrari Tifosi
09-01-2004, 12:15 AM
Street racing is street racing, no matter where it occurs. It's dumb, irresponsible, reckless, and an indangerment to INNOCENT lives.

Blue Supra
09-01-2004, 03:10 AM
The only good part of that site is in the downloads where the RX7 blows its engine, one more idiot off the road. If im going to be irresponsible and self-destrcutive in my car i at least wait till past 12 at night and go where no one else is (i dont do burnouts or drag that just ruins the car, been there done that:() not putting other people at risk, Ive seen too many mates or people with them almost die trying to show off! This sort of "challenge" does nothing but threaten the general public and make idiots want to be shit hot street racers. which they're either too inept to be or just never ever will be. Some people should never be allowed to drive.

Matra et Alpine
09-01-2004, 04:35 AM
If im going to be irresponsible and self-destrcutive in my car i at least wait till past 12 at night and go where no one else is (i dont do burnouts or drag that just ruins the car, been there done that:() not putting other people at risk
Even with all those checks you DO realise you are still potentially putting someone at risk. You've no guarantee the road will STAY clear unles you post 'marshals' at all the possible junctions and vurves.

THAT is called a track :)

I agree with everything else, just it's not always possible to know there isn't a bike coming along :( So anyoen thinking of doing this needs to consider all the what-ifs that might endager others.

Matra et Alpine
09-01-2004, 04:38 AM
we don't even HAVE a race track in my city.
If you had bothered to put your location in UCP I woudlnt' need to aks this question ... ( PLEASE folks put a rough locatoin in your profiles !!! )

... so where are you ? It's hard to find a place not 30-60 minutes drive of a track.

From what I've read on that street racing thread you didn't have much support for your opinions. Prehaps you ought to go to whineandwinge.com where you'll find more of your kind who want to listen.
There are PLENTY here on UCP who don't accept stupidity on the roads and don't want the idea that it's smart or cool to be spread. It's stupid. It's also for wimps who don't ahve the cahones to go to tracks and show up how poor their driving skills REALLY are. It's easy to brag without beign tested :)

IBrake4Rainbows
09-01-2004, 04:48 AM
Street racing is illegal for a reason. If it was accepted you'd find most people wouldn't accept road rules and drive like Maniacs. oh wait, they kind of already do......

Regardless, i find no need to show off to my mates about how cool i am at driving, and, as much as i love it, i drive defensively (IE: everyone around me is an Idiot, so give them some space).

And for the record, you'll find that most types of speed related activities on roads are usually banned. Anything involving reckless endangerment is banned, and any excessive mods are banned. Sorry dude, might not be the right forums for you.

To have people come up and go "My <Insert Car> runs <Insert Time> and i put it on the internet does not impress me 1 iota.

Sorry dude, maybe not the right forums for you?

:Exige:
09-01-2004, 05:41 AM
man, you're so anal!

That is THE most lame, childish, un-threatening remark I have heard in ages :rolleyes:

Prehaps you ought to go to whineandwinge.com where you'll find more of your kind who want to listen.

Oh no, wait! That is :D

Oh I love threads like this - they dont compare to "My Civic haz 6000 NOZ bottlez and it can beat a Mclaren F1 anydayz" or "My uncle ownz a Ferrari Enzo" though :) .

Theres a place called Hastings near me where all the "Ricers" in their Ford Fiestas, Renault 5 "Nos Turbo" and at best, the odd Honda Civic blast up and down the straight on the beach. All along that straight is enough broken fibre glass and broken neons to create houses for a small 3rd world country ... its the pinnacle of Ricer life!

vg30det
09-01-2004, 03:06 PM
<sighs> The Fast and The Furious have infected people outside of the US. Sad, sad times we live in.

Why does such a shit move get the credit for starting street racing?
It's been going on since the first cars.....

vg30det
09-01-2004, 03:13 PM
Street racing is illegal for a reason. If it was accepted you'd find most people wouldn't accept road rules and drive like Maniacs. oh wait, they kind of already do......

Regardless, i find no need to show off to my mates about how cool i am at driving, and, as much as i love it, i drive defensively (IE: everyone around me is an Idiot, so give them some space).

And for the record, you'll find that most types of speed related activities on roads are usually banned. Anything involving reckless endangerment is banned, and any excessive mods are banned. Sorry dude, might not be the right forums for you.

As in banned on this web board?
You ban excessive mods std cars only huh?

To have people come up and go "My <Insert Car> runs <Insert Time> and i put it on the internet does not impress me 1 iota.

I certainly didn't do that....

Sorry dude, maybe not the right forums for you?

I think you are right as I'm not wearing incontinence underwear and eating mashed banana's....

what was the one recomened?

Blue Supra
09-01-2004, 05:40 PM
Theres a place called Hastings near me where all the "Ricers" in their Ford Fiestas, Renault 5 "Nos Turbo" and at best, the odd Honda Civic blast up and down the straight on the beach. All along that straight is enough broken fibre glass and broken neons to create houses for a small 3rd world country ... its the pinnacle of Ricer life!

theres a place called Braddon in the ACT where people show off their cars but rarely do anything becasue the cops sit there all night every friday night. Plus the local governments put down "spiky" tarmac. basically just rough stuff thatll shred tyres if you spin em. Everyones moving to Industrial places to smoke it up or run quarters now. Braddon still goes on however, i suppose its a bit of tradition, its been going on there since my dad was my age :eek: not that im condoning it or anything.

Viper007
09-01-2004, 06:42 PM
Alright its apparent that Mr.Sweney I believe his name was is incompetent. He does not know how to drive a car unless its in a straight line and cannot take a turn because his civic cant handle worth a rats ass. His NOS will NOT do shit for his car because at the end of the day your car is still crap. You cant take turn, you cant have total control of your car because its automatic, and you cant even drive most likely. At the end of the day fellas this is some kid who does not own a car and if he does its not a very pleasent one, he just wishes that he could be so called cool because he street races. Let me tell you something street racers are no greater in status then a piece of dog shit on the side of the road. One day you will cause great pain to either your family or someone else because you screwed up and it was a fatal disaster. Congragulations I hope your happy with your unsuccessful racing career and hope maybe some day you will realize that you are an idiot and will never equal up to anyone on the track. I SAY GOOD DAY!

Blue Supra
09-01-2004, 07:16 PM
HERE HERE
<applause> :D

DodgeNitroBIRM
09-01-2004, 07:33 PM
So much for me not having much support.

Spastik_Roach
09-01-2004, 10:59 PM
DodgeNitro, as much as street racing is wrong, you've been incredibly harsh with this, and very repetivtive. Could you possibly say the message in a more calm way?

DodgeNitroBIRM
09-02-2004, 04:12 PM
Ok, I'll try. I feel that it's because of people like him, these street racers, that are ruining the Sport Compact arena. Even ruining Cruising by causing legislators to inact Anti-Crusing laws. You mention a small car with a four cylinder and the immeadate thought through the majorities' mind is street racing, not a car that will perform on a track legally! And then you have young kids that think this is cool and an ok thing to do because you have a guy like VG who is a racer and an open street racer! That is wrong, stupid, and dangerous! Street racers and their condoners are ruining the sport for Sport Compacts.

vg30det
09-02-2004, 04:54 PM
Ok, I'll try. I feel that it's because of people like him, these street racers, that are ruining the Sport Compact arena. Even ruining Cruising by causing legislators to inact Anti-Crusing laws.

Cruising is ruined by the fools who have noisy cars and drive up and down the main street of town looking at them selves in the shop windowz getting a hard on. The cOOl dUdZ who are thinking wow all thoses people are looking at me in my cool car..... when the people are all thinking, that thing sounds like sht and is giving me a head ache (because of the oversized exhaust and the coffee tin tip on the end) so the cops walking down the road get ever 2nd person saying why don't you do some thing.... then the cops raido in some cars. 90% of the Sport Compact market is about looks big wing, racing seats, lowered as low as it can, monsta 14,000 rpm tack with shift light and a factory engine.... That's why I call monsta tachs car jewellery.

You mention a small car with a four cylinder and the immeadate thought through the majorities' mind is street racing,

Not here, the immediate thought is exhaust tip....

Street racers and their condoners are ruining the sport for Sport Compacts.

How?
Is it stopping you driving your car on the road?
Is it stopping you driving your car on the track?
Can you explain more??????

edit : I hope you girls are going to rag out NoOne for his good points of street racing..... have a look at what the idiot said.... http://www.ultimatecarpage.com/forum/showpost.php?p=116387&postcount=92

DodgeNitroBIRM
09-02-2004, 05:12 PM
By cops pulling over Sport Compact cars and trying to find things that are illegal. Pulling over sport compact drivers for "estimated speeds" instead of radar. Automatically assuming that you are going to an illegal street race, you have parts on your car for illegal street racing, etc., etc.

vg30det
09-02-2004, 05:25 PM
By cops pulling over Sport Compact cars and trying to find things that are illegal.

Boo hoo, if you have no illegal fittings you have no problem

Pulling over sport compact drivers for "estimated speeds" instead of radar.

Surely that doesn't hold up in court????

Automatically assuming that you are going to an illegal street race, you have parts on your car for illegal street racing, etc., etc.

That's like owning amotorbike and bleating about cars never looking for motobikes. It's par for the course and wont change.

Sports compacts have the rep for a reason if you don't want to be tared with that brush don't waer the cloths......

The funny thing is that if I drive my V8 van which is lowered has illegal tints and a 3 inch grower exhaust system I never get pulled over, yet in my silvia which looks stock from the out side (down to the factory rims) I get pulled ober and check out like you say.

DodgeNitroBIRM
09-02-2004, 05:40 PM
Then you know how annoying it is.

Let me give you a story that happened to me not too long ago. Back a few weeks ago, I handed over my truck and it's payments to my dad and bought a 1996 Nissan 200SX (No, not S13, B14) SE. A few days after purchasing it, a cop drives by me and so I follow him, traffic decided to slow to 10 UNDER, so I went with him. I'm not that far from my school (next exit) and he starts to slow, hard. So, I pull into the left lane after he took the middle, I'm still doing the speed limit (55 MPH). So, as I am pulling into the middle lane to start to prepair to get into the right lane, he pops his lights on and pulls me. He claims that just because I was behind him and he did 85 at one point, he's never really clear where, I was speeding. During his "explaination," he says that he let a guy who was talking on his cell phone, speeding, and made an illegal lane change go to get me. Thank the lord that he lets me go with a warning, lecture, and making me late to class. Here's the real kicker, I've done that same thing in the Ranger (the pickup) and have actually went by cops and have never been pulled, but the moment I stepped into my car, I get pulled. I haven't done ANYTHING to the car yet, it's bone stock! Nothing that stands out other than a 6'3" guy who's head is about to touch the roof. No body street races in a pick up (well, no one notices), but people street race in Sport Compacts.

DodgeNitroBIRM
09-02-2004, 05:44 PM
Pulling over sport compact drivers for "estimated speeds" instead of radar.

Surely that doesn't hold up in court????

Yes, believe it or not, it has. But, also, it has been proven that it can't, too.

If a cop does pull you for "estimating" you and you goto court over it, take out a quarter and drop it to the floor. Then ask the judge to estimate the speed, but try not to be a smart @$$@ about it. More than likely, the case will be dropped.

vg30det
09-02-2004, 08:02 PM
Then you know how annoying it is.

I find it more amusing than annoying.

go back before it was sport compacts and you'll find the exact same thing happened to mussle car owners (guess). The cops always have caertian car models they pick on. Why, because of the type of people that own them.... now you aren't the sort of person that they are looking for but they don't know that untill they pull you over....sad but true.

If the judge was smart he'd say a bit over 10 meters per second ;)
(gravity accerates anything at about 10 meters per second squared - the wind resistance of the object) .....A good way of proving the point however!

Sdeweys
09-02-2004, 10:09 PM
Ok, I'll try. I feel that it's because of people like him, these street racers, that are ruining the Sport Compact arena. Even ruining Cruising by causing legislators to inact Anti-Crusing laws. You mention a small car with a four cylinder and the immeadate thought through the majorities' mind is street racing, not a car that will perform on a track legally! And then you have young kids that think this is cool and an ok thing to do because you have a guy like VG who is a racer and an open street racer! That is wrong, stupid, and dangerous! Street racers and their condoners are ruining the sport for Sport Compacts.

-In my experiance, cruising has been ruined not really even by the ***ks in their clapped out honda with no springs and a backbean tin, but more so the drunks that are in 'some' of these cars that throw bottles and piss on letterboxes...even the media admits that most of the carnage is caused by 'spectators' who are supposedly in town to see the cars and end up causing trouble. My opinion is that these people are there anyway cars or not.

wapwapwap
09-03-2004, 04:43 PM
WELL! this forum moves fast. I forgot about my thread and its taken me ages to read all this. hahaha funny stuff and I didn't even get involved.
But really, I don't know how my post sparked such an arguement, I didn't even think
http://www.throttlemax.com was specifically supporting illegal racing anyway..??

PsychoChimp22
09-03-2004, 05:34 PM
Fact is Burning out is illegal on the streets and Street racing is for morons who like to indanger others. Enough said.

I know this is an old quote, but i just want to be more specific. Its not "burnouts" that are illegal, Its the rubber left on the road. Its the same thing as accelerating to fast, doughnuts, anything that squeels.

whiteballz
09-03-2004, 05:34 PM
pplz bros go infront of our school to show off their cars before and after school. we laugh our asses off at their lancer GLi with the EVO 3 stickers and bumpers. not to mention all the V8 crossovers (try a 328 in a torana body shell)...

its not just what they do, its the adetude they do it with.

i had a story, but i dont think you guys need the fuel. anyway, streetracing is really stupid.