PDA

View Full Version : Tangerine "T"

SIMPLETON
09-01-2004, 06:52 PM
The "Tangerine T"

Total Peformance, Inc. of Wallingford, CT presents the newest look for the entry level vehicle. This new kit is designed with the beginner in mind. Looking at this work of art, you will see ideas that are different from what you have seen in the past. Carbon Fiber, polished stainless steel chassis, wings and flares, paint which tears from the body, Carson style hard top, Air ride suspension, LS1 Corvette engine and aluminum rearend, and a sound system controlled by the speed of the vehicle.

Although this car can be built right from the Total Performance catalog, we'd like to tell you a little bit about all the parts it took to build this car.

Starting with the body, which was designed and developed in 1995 to make entry and exit of the T-Bucket easier, we developed this smooth and sleek-looking body by lowering the sides by 3 inches and raising the back by 3 inches, giving the body the look of the early style bodies of the 60's.

Using the optional dash and cluster gauge panel, we gave the interior that late model car look. The seat insert we designed to give the driver and passenger more comfort as well as a better line of site of the road ahead. The chassis, although polished stainless steel built by the METAL SHOP of North Branford, CT, is a duplicate of the standard chassis built and constructed by Total and has all the same dimensions as the standard car.

The front suspension contains an ALL-ROD front axle, commonly used as an option with the T-Bucket, using a 46 inch narrow axle with the hefty 2 inch tube and 5 inch drop. Wilwood disc brakes adorn the Total Performance chrome spindles with 360 degree caliper mounting brackets and the newly designed front fender mounting. Carbon Fiber 5 inch wide front fenders cover the 135 X 15 tires mounted on the unique Colorado Custom 15 X 5 billet aluminum rims.

Looking at the awesome LS1 1999 Corvette engine gives the effect that it nested itself into the chassis and has always been there. The artwork of the engine and 4L60E is the work of STREET AND PERFORMANCE fo Mena, Ark. With some help from Painless Wiring of Fort Worth, TX, the engine comes to life and runs as smooth as it looks.

Going to the rear of the car we see the flip-style "Fat Bob" 14 inch wide fenders and the winged pickup bed cover accenting again the Colorado Custom 20" billet wheels surrounded by Nitto 31 1/2" tall rear tires. Still at the back of the car we find that it is equipped with the newest in the line of Air Ride Technologies of Jasper, IN. The SHOCKWAVE FOR SMOOTHER RIDE AND PROVEN TO BE A BOLT IN RETROFIT FOR ALL EXISTING Total T-Buckets. The LED tail lights and third brake light are from Lampert Products of Knoxville, TN. We can't help but gaze at the beauty of the Currie Enterprise of Tusin, CA polished 9 inch aluminum rear end, with its polished 3rd member equipped with a 3.89 gear ratio.

Sound in this car is presented by CUSTOM AUTOSOUND, MFG. of Anaheim, CA. Its carbon fiber look and remote control gives sound never experienced in an open car. Its hide-a-way dash mounted radio is perfect for this tiny car. The subwoofer is mounted under the driver's seat, and the 6 CD changer under the passengers seat. The amps and radio are secured in the pickup bed, along with the polished stainless steel fuel tank.

The main attraction of the car is of course the stunning body profile and its creative paint scheme. The House of Color's "Candy Tangerine" color covers most of the body, but the carbon fiber wrap around the front and sides is accented by the ripping graphic paint from PAINTHEAD designs of Seymour, CT.

The Carson style top has been covered, and headliner installed, by Fairfield Upholstery of Fairfield, CT.

The striking beauty if this car tells the story of Total Performance. The first T that Mickey Lauria of Total Performance built in 1966, was named the "Tangerine T" and painted the same as this new car. The way the paint rips from the car symbolizes the NEW GENERATION of street rods to come, and future of emission-legal engines is defined in the use of the LS1 Corvette engine. Look ahead...the future is here!

pics here. http://www.tperformance.com/street_rods/tangerine_t/

Matra et Alpine
09-01-2004, 06:58 PM
This is a joke yes ??

Hot rods have 50 year old suspension designs.

I love how they actually FEATURE the front rod suspension as if it's a positive :)

In cut and pasting the text, you've lost the links in the original.
If you're needing some cheering up, go to the site and read the same text but click on the "featured" items and wonder at the selling of dinosaurs :)

( One of my mates fabricates hot-rods in his spare time an has one prizes in the UK. I know how these things (don't) handle and he takes the stick bravely. )

SIMPLETON
09-01-2004, 07:06 PM
I actually like jucyfruit. Havent had it in a long while though

sutton4481
09-01-2004, 07:19 PM
Originally Posted by Matra et Alpine

There are many cars - esp. classics - which can give a different kind of pleasure than the cruising luxury of a DB7. Also use a Ferrari with the same anger as an Elise or Exige and you will be facing service bills which could BUY a new Exige every year

It would seem there are many cars - especially hotrods - which can give a different kind of pleasure than the handling bliss of the Elise.... I won't go on, you know the rest :D :D :D

Matra et Alpine
09-01-2004, 11:50 PM
It would seem there are many cars - especially hotrods - which can give a different kind of pleasure than the handling bliss of the Elise.... I won't go on, you know the rest :D :D :D
Sorry, Sutton, my sense of humour approach to it possibly hid the point I was making.

The website FEATUERS all that old technology as if it IS SOMETHING great.
The marketing BS is on a par with Microsoft's :)
Please re-read it, that was why I directed to the origianl site where all the 'hype' is hot-linked to even MORE spurious comments of "goodness".
Had you followed the links as I suggested, or is your comment based on just the text in the post, or is it assumign some bias ??

As I've stated before. my neigghtbour and friend is a hot-rod builder - a damn good one too. Bit he doesn't try to 'pump up' the terchnology to be special. He srugs and points out "that's what's expected so you gotta do it" :) I'm the first over when his mates bring round a new-built 'rod to discuss it. A tuned V8 on open pipes is a glorious sound !!!!