PDA

View Full Version : My Skyline

Motorer1
09-15-2003, 05:09 PM
Here is my baby, i had it imported in from GB to the U.S., it cost a ton of money, but it is worth every penny.

P.S I named it Stacy, after my second girlfriend

Motorer1
09-16-2003, 11:51 AM
Tell me what you think of her. I am trying to decide what kind of exhaust to put on.

Egg Nog
09-16-2003, 08:32 PM
I think that you should post some more pictures of this beauty to prove that you didn't just find that picture online and post it as your own...

So... do you have any more details? Actual costs of importing? Which company you used as an importer? Who did the RHD/LHD conversion? The only thing you told us is that it's "called Stacy".

Seriously, we weren't born yesterday...

Motorer1
09-17-2003, 12:57 PM
Actually, it is still a RHD. I don't want to change, that would take away from the value. I bought it for 3000 pounds and imported it for the sweet price of $1395. I will post more pics soon.

Motorer1
09-17-2003, 01:13 PM
Here is one i just took of my engine (PIMP huh?)

Motorer1
09-17-2003, 01:14 PM
interior

Motorer1
09-17-2003, 01:15 PM
Max HP is 219 @6000 rpm at the wheels.

Motorer1
09-17-2003, 01:19 PM
I think i am going to put a ground wire kit on it and then worry about the exhaust later. eggnog, i understand how you could be skeptical.... lol:)

Egg Nog
09-17-2003, 05:56 PM
Well, sorry... but I still don't beleive you. First of all, that's an unbelievable price for both the import costs and the car itself. Also, don't you have any more high-res pictures?

If you're telling the truth, I hate to put you through all the trouble, but you assuming it's yours, you have a digital camera.

It's just the fact that you keep saying things like you named it after your girlfriend or an obvious statistic like "219 hp at 6000 rpm to the wheels". And finding this car online and waiting for someone to doubt you before posting the rest as if that would make a difference as far as convincing us goes. It's as if you're trying to prove it by saying that stuff... Anyways, lets get some high-res pictures.

It might be a bit much, but the best way to prove that a car is yours is to write your username on a sheet of paper and take a picture of it with the car (on the dash, stabbed over the shifter, etc.) :) No doubts after that...

EDIT: I just noticed that you said in your first post that it cost "a ton of money" and then you said later that it cost well under 10 grand total. Congratulations, you slipped up. Try again on another forum... maybe people will be more gullible elsewhere.

Egg Nog
09-17-2003, 06:05 PM
Originally posted by Egg Nog
Well, sorry... but I still don't beleive you. First of all, that's an unbelievable price for both the import costs and the car itself. Also, don't you have any more high-res pictures?

If you're telling the truth, I hate to put you through all the trouble, but you assuming it's yours, you have a digital camera.

It's just the fact that you keep saying things like you named it after your girlfriend or an obvious statistic like "219 hp at 6000 rpm to the wheels". And finding this car online and waiting for someone to doubt you before posting the rest as if that would make a difference as far as convincing us goes. It's as if you're trying to prove it by saying that stuff... Anyways, lets get some high-res pictures.

It might be a bit much, but the best way to prove that a car is yours is to write your username on a sheet of paper and take a picture of it with the car (on the dash, stabbed over the shifter, etc.) :) No doubts after that...

EDIT: I just noticed that you said in your first post that it cost "a ton of money" and then you said later that it cost well under 10 grand total. Congratulations, you slipped up. Try again on another forum... maybe people will be more gullible elsewhere.

NoOne
09-18-2003, 10:23 AM
Skylines are real nice .... but I read somewhere that car costs + Import costs ....and EPA certification puts the total up near $70 grand .... I could be mistaken tho

Just like egg nog, I don't believe a word of what you're spewing

Motorer1
09-18-2003, 11:40 AM
Listen, i tried once to prove that it is mine, I KNOW it is mine, so i don't have to prove anything. I will just go out and drive it.:D

Don't be jealous

Quiggs
09-19-2003, 06:19 AM

Owned.

Egg Nog
09-21-2003, 02:50 AM
Originally posted by Motorer1
Listen, i tried once to prove that it is mine...

Yeah, and you failed. Too bad.

Nobody's jelous of a car that you don't own.

Motorer1
09-21-2003, 03:36 PM
Screw you dude, you are so full of bs, i am not even going to recognize anything else you say. ass.

Motorer1
09-21-2003, 03:37 PM
EDIT: Porsche 914

hehehehe....

Egg Nog
09-21-2003, 11:01 PM
Woah now, don't go bashing me quite yet...

Here are the facts (hopefully you'll understand why I'm beginning to sound like an ass, and why you keep getting owned):

You:

You came into these forums without posting much and claimed outright that you had a very rare car. This car, under the circumstances that you described, would cost nearly 100 thousand dollars to purchase, import, and insure. After talking with you, you didn't post any hi-res pictures. Your information that was posted didn't logically follow at all. The largest claim you made associating yourself with the car was that you had named it. Wow.

Now, after many further posts and still no more information, you been reduced to insulting us, and nobody beleives you.

Me:

Part of the reason why nobody doubts me is because the Porsche 914 is by no means a special car. And I'm the first to admit it. Many of them were imported to the area where I live, and they can been seen on a regular basis. They aren't extraodinarily expensive or rare. I bought mine in non-running condition for the sum of 450 dollars Canadian. Does that sound outlandish?

Secondly, I went over a huge number of things relating myself to the car. I described how I got it, what I've done, and what I'm planning. I posted a hi-res picture. I answered questions. And for you, I just posted another picture. Mind you, this picture was taken at the same time that the last one was, in the same spot. It's since moved to the auto shop where I am currently doing bodywork on it.

Here's my thread about the 914. I encourage you to read through it. Feel free to ask any questions.:
http://www.ultimatecarpage.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&postid=11343#post11343

I put my money where my mouth is. Now it's your turn.

Motorer1
09-24-2003, 10:24 AM
ok, yeah, it was low of me to bash your car. But please don't post anything else about me having to prove my ownership. My car a 1996 GTR BNR33, which isn't very rare cause i found 3 for sale in Great Britan. The seller that i contacted was willing to send it over, so i bought.

The reason that i started this thread was to get positive feedback about my ride, so even if you don't beleive, do you at least think it is pretty?

Egg Nog
09-24-2003, 06:58 PM
It does look nice. I love R33 Skylines. Now:

Your costs don't add up. Explain.

You have a digital camera. Post more pictures.

Let's see proof that it's yours.

Motorer1
10-02-2003, 11:56 AM
what do you mean my costs don't add up? it seriously was 3000 pounds for the car, and an additional 750 for the trip to NY. i will post more pics soon.

I am getting a new paint job as well. it is gonna look ssiiiicccckkk...

Egg Nog
10-03-2003, 01:30 AM
what do you mean my costs don't add up? it seriously was 3000 pounds for the car, and an additional 750 for the trip to NY. i will post more pics soon.

I am getting a new paint job as well. it is gonna look ssiiiicccckkk...

Lets do some math:

P = Purchase Price
T = Travel Costs
M = 70,000 = Approx. Minimum cost of importing a good condition R33 Skyline

T + P should equal M. 3000 UK pounds = 5000USD

(750) + (5000) = 70,000?

Not last time I checked. It's actually just 5750....

So, please explain how you traveled, bought an expensive car, imported it, and did all of this for the price of a used Kia Rio.

By the way, when you say you are getting a new paint job, it's obvious that you're just going to go find pictures of a different coloured R33 Skyline so you can claim that its "Stacy". We need hi-res pictures of the one you showed us. The Blue one. We need proof.

Motorer1
10-05-2003, 03:48 PM
You sound like you need a girlfriend....

Motorer1
10-05-2003, 03:50 PM
Ok, do me a favor. Go to autotrader.co.uk and enter some zip and search for a Nissan Skyline. Now look at the prices of an R33 there. You keep saying that it is expensive (70000, yeah right!) but it is less than you think.

P.S I HATE Kias.

Egg Nog
10-05-2003, 05:39 PM
1. I already have a girlfriend here in Vancouver... but thanks for your concern...

2. If you read my post, I said: "M = 70,000 = Approx. Minimum cost of importing a good condition R33 Skyline" That includes registering. That doesn't mean that's how much they cost in the UK.

3. I hate Kias too. We have something in common.

When I looked up Autotrader.co.uk and put in a UK adress, it showed that most R33 Skylines are around £6,499, or more than double what you said. You said that you also imported it for $1400.

Is something missing here? Look, I don't hate you at all, I just have very reasonable doubts about what you're saying, and I don't know why you won't help me.

If you want to prove that you own this car, post some proof. Do you think that eventually I would just start beleiving you? Sorry, logic points me in the other direction. So please post some decent proof.

Meaningless crap like adding me to your "hate list" is hardly justifiable. What've I done? I don't hate you. I guess its just that I'm such an asshole for asking you questions, right?

Misho
10-05-2003, 08:11 PM
i really cant beleive u guys are still arguing about this whole STACY issue !! i cant understand why would a person who owns a car and a digital camera, not just take a couple of pics and post them !! its that simple.

megotmea7
10-05-2003, 11:34 PM
werd^...

megotmea7
10-05-2003, 11:41 PM
after carefully (haha) reveiwing the given "proof" i come up with this: in the first pic you posted, it shows a dark blue R33 skyline correct? the second pic you posted was of the engine bay of a skyline, yet in the top right hand corner you can see a bit of a body panel... which is yellow, the 3rd pic shows a between the seats veiw of the dash but out the windsheild you can see thos dang yellow body panels and hood? am i going color blind or do i smell BS? shure isnt KFC i smell... ohh and the whole price thing is rediculis but thats been covered, if im mistaken please explain, with a beliveable excuse...

EDIT:and about the power, did you dyno it? well you must have with a claim of 215hp@6000rpm at the wheels, funny thing is R33's make peak power closer to 7000rpm... where'd you have it dyno'd what type of dyno? post a pic of the dyno sheet?

16-4Veyron
10-06-2003, 05:39 PM
i really enjoyed reading that, really

Egg Nog
10-06-2003, 05:44 PM
Hey, thanks for backing me up you guys :)

It's nice to know that nobody else beleives him either!

16-4Veyron
10-06-2003, 05:53 PM
TOLD YOU IT HAD 215 HORSE POWER!!!!!! WHY WONT YOU BELIVE ME!!!!!! I WENT AND GOT IT DYNOED LAST WEEKEND!!!!!!

Egg Nog
10-06-2003, 11:20 PM
Oh man that was good :) You made me laugh out loud in front of my computer!

NoOne
10-07-2003, 06:06 AM
That was brilliant :D

360evolution
10-07-2003, 07:01 AM
lmao. but i dont get it :confused:

Motorer1
10-07-2003, 07:22 AM
Wow, i am over this forum.......

I guess we all wasted our time here. I am really surprised I could drag you guys around as long I did.:D

NoOne
10-07-2003, 07:42 AM
LMFAO .... Egg Nog called your bluff the day after you started this thread, I called it 2 days after that ....I really don't think you dragged anyone around here aside from yourself.

Motorer1
10-07-2003, 03:16 PM
No, the funny part is you all wasted so much time trying find proof and i could have probably used a little photoshop and make you all look like complete idiots, but i am over it. It has been fun!

-Motorer1

Egg Nog
10-07-2003, 05:43 PM
Hahah finally! Of course, there hasn't been a single person saying that they believe you yet... anyway, I made this image yesterday, if anyone cares (its kind of a follow-up to 16-4 Veyron's post):

EDIT: Motorer1, have you posted this BS on any other forums? I'd like to know if you actually got anyone to believe it ;)

16-4Veyron
10-07-2003, 05:56 PM
lol

Motorer1
10-07-2003, 07:55 PM
Hahah finally! Of course, there hasn't been a single person saying that they believe you yet... anyway, I made this image yesterday, if anyone cares (its kind of a follow-up to 16-4 Veyron's post):

EDIT: Motorer1, have you posted this BS on any other forums? I'd like to know if you actually got anyone to believe it ;)

hey, the paint job is similar to your 914!

16-4Veyron
10-07-2003, 10:26 PM
:confused: was that a comeback :confused:

megotmea7
10-08-2003, 10:29 AM
LMAO
http://ultimatecarpage.com/forums/attachment.php?postid=12348&
hahaha, *takes a bow* the yellow body panels was a little to much to explain huh?!?! :p

16-4Veyron
10-08-2003, 01:18 PM
hahaha

Ya dude, i think youve been beat... No point fighting it now

360evolution
10-08-2003, 06:57 PM
Hey, I'm sure that for the days that he stood by his statements he was acting the WHOLE TIME, he was laughing his ass off at us shooting holes in his arguments like it was duck season, he never truly hoped anyone would believe he had the car, and he was always doing for it a laugh.

RIGHT.

btw lol dope pic there egg nog, i'd say he sent you that pic from his digital camera?

Egg Nog
10-09-2003, 12:02 AM
hey, the paint job is similar to your 914!

Yeah, tell me about it... :rolleyes:

In the next month or so I'll be sanding her down for a fresh coat of midnight black :)

Motorer1
10-09-2003, 11:27 AM
Oh man, I was having so much fun messing around with you guys. but I kinda felt bad and Egg Nog was too smart, so I felt that I should end it. BTW i don't even own a car, i drive my dad's 96 Tahoe.

Egg Nog
10-09-2003, 06:13 PM
Oh man, I was having so much fun messing around with you guys. but I kinda felt bad and Egg Nog was too smart, so I felt that I should end it. BTW i don't even own a car, i drive my dad's 96 Tahoe.

A sad end to a very funny story... :(

Thanks by the way :)

megotmea7
10-09-2003, 07:57 PM
Oh man, I was having so much fun messing around with you guys.
if your that easily entertained boy are you in for an exiting life...

Motorer1
10-13-2003, 07:40 AM
lol, hey come on, girls only mix with cars on the covers of magazines.

Motorer1
12-18-2003, 12:13 PM
Does anybody have a ACCURATE estimate of what I "said" I did in this thread. I have heard quotes around 75000 and stuff like that.

Egg Nog
12-18-2003, 08:37 PM
Does anybody have a ACCURATE estimate of what I "said" I did in this thread. I have heard quotes around 75000 and stuff like that.

Why don't you just read over it yourself, rather than getting someone else to do it for you?

-datsun 1600-
12-20-2003, 11:24 PM
stuipd stacey

that all i have to say

Motorer1
12-26-2003, 08:04 PM
Looks good, wish I had one, i will be posting a thread soon with my real car.

nismo
01-08-2004, 11:20 PM
Screw you dude, you are so full of bs, i am not even going to recognize anything else you say. ass.

Damn my R34 Skyline is the fastest in West Vancouver, no one else can catch me up, and I smoked a 911 turbo yesterday~ ka hahaha :D

JJ72
01-09-2004, 11:37 AM
Why don't people just shut up when they get....
http://server5.uploadit.org/files2/090104-ownedhair.jpg

G-power
01-27-2004, 03:11 AM

I do have one question dude???
How come the first picture you put in of the car the car is blue and the one you put in of the engine the car is black??

Something aaaaaaint right here dude

Batmobile_Turbo
01-27-2004, 11:24 AM
How come the first picture you put in of the car the car is blue and the one you put in of the engine the car is black??

if you actually read the whole thread you would have already figured out that he doesn't actually own a skyline, he was pulling ajoke.

G-power
01-28-2004, 07:32 AM
if you actually read the whole thread you would have already figured out that he doesn't actually own a skyline, he was pulling ajoke.

Oh man you are just a smart guy arent you batmobile.... You must work for nasa or something like that..

You see I don´t judge by others conclusions so therefor I dont read others judgements.. I make my own.

Falcon500
01-28-2004, 07:40 AM
Oh man you are just a smart guy arent you batmobile.... You must work for nasa or something like that..

You see I don´t judge by others conclusions so therefor I dont read others judgements.. I make my own.there isnt no need to get snippy...just because you only looked at the pics

Spikes
01-31-2004, 10:27 AM
Skyline?Hard to belive...

Você não tem nenhum Skyline...

Egg Nog
01-31-2004, 03:31 PM
Skyline?Hard to belive...

Você não tem nenhum Skyline...

Read the thread.

GT500
01-31-2004, 05:30 PM

You see I don´t judge by others conclusions so therefor I dont read others judgements.. I make my own.

but the guy who started this thread and claims to own the skyline (forgot the name lol) even admitted he said he didn't own one.... :(

Egg Nog
01-31-2004, 06:19 PM

Y'know, Batmobile was right, and you just sound like an elitist asshole. Stop bragging about how great you are and realise that there are intelligent users on here.

Falcon500
01-31-2004, 06:40 PM
Well as GT500 said he even admited to it (i forgot to add that :D ) andas i said it seems quiteobvious you didnt read the whole thread...you only looked at the pictures.As i said no need to get snippy.

SHAKER
01-31-2004, 08:12 PM
would you put a skyline in four and rotary class or 6s and 8 class?.....in aust 6s and 8s go hand in hand(because the v8s were an option over the 6 in many cases on many of the same model cars). The four and rotary boys have taken the skyline into there own even though its got 2 more cylinders.......they often have a four rotarie and 6 street meet here in adeladie, and they blatently leave the v8s out of it......theyres no v8 and 6 street meet, if someone opened a 6 and 8 street meet only, i wonder how many skylines would attend? I like any car(modified or stock really as long as theyre quick), thats the main thing

carlover
01-31-2004, 08:57 PM

And in the engine shot the car is yellow not black.

Doza
02-01-2004, 12:41 PM
You came into these forums without posting much and claimed outright that you had a very rare car. This car, under the circumstances that you described, would cost nearly 100 thousand dollars to purchase, import, and insure. After talking with you, you didn't post any hi-res pictures. Your information that was posted didn't logically follow at all. The largest claim you made associating yourself with the car was that you had named it. Wow.

Guess what I just bought yesterday to park next to my McLaren F1 LM and my 23 Buggatis? Yes, that's right, 40 L-88 Engined Corvettes, with all original parts and 40 miles between all of them.

By the way, they're all named Billy, using every alternate spelling availible.

Falcon500
02-02-2004, 08:51 PM
By the way, they're all named Billy, using every alternate spelling availible.
40 different spelling on the name billy? :D

Batmobile_Turbo
02-04-2004, 06:37 PM

if i am smart enough to work at NASA then americas space program is doomed.

if you read the thread then you would see that the person who claimed to have the skyline addmitted to pulling a joke, amazing how far a little literacy can go :eek:

Motorer1
02-04-2004, 10:07 PM
OMG, please let this thread die. It is embarrassing to look back at.

Batmobile_Turbo
02-04-2004, 11:06 PM
OMG, please let this thread die. It is embarrassing to look back at.
you don't like reminiscing about stacy?

Falcon500
02-06-2004, 04:58 AM
Here is my baby, i had it imported in from GB to the U.S., it cost a ton of money, but it is worth every penny.

P.S I named it Stacy, after my second girlfriend
come on mate stacys your baby :D at least you show shame in your actions shows you have grown up a little bit yapoo (yahoo) we used to get posers all the time and after you busted them they rarely came back. At leasy you saw the error of you ways
Ps will you still call your skyline stacy? :p

Motorer1
02-15-2004, 01:38 AM
If i ever got a Skyline, i prob would name it stacy. I would also fill this website with so many pictures that even Egg_nogg would be satisfied.

a_ferrari_enzo1
02-15-2004, 06:52 AM
Honf! that is a beuty the looks stole my eyes :eek:

Doza
02-15-2004, 09:02 AM
40 different spelling on the name billy? :D
more "e"s.

carlover
02-15-2004, 06:22 PM
more "e"s.

Billy, blly, bly, billey, biley, billeey, bileey, billeeey, bileeey, billeeeey, bileeeey, etc. That would get really boring, really fast. :D

Falcon500
02-16-2004, 03:50 AM
And dont forget accents the scotish Bellay and as ren hoek put it Beiiilllly. Would there be any forgin equivelents to the name?

Doza
02-16-2004, 04:27 PM
And dont forget accents the scotish Bellay and as ren hoek put it Beiiilllly. Would there be any forgin equivelents to the name?
40 Variants of William=Billy
Billy
Billey
Billie
Billi
Billeye
Billye
Billet
Billett
Billette
Bile
Biley
Bilye
Bileye
Bily
William
Willy
Willye
Liam
Willey
Willi
Wili
Willeye
Willet
Willete
Willett
Willette
Wilet
Wilett
Wilette
Wile
Willis
Wilis
Liaam
Liame
Liim
Liyim
Williyim
Williaam
Williim
Leim

Egg Nog
02-16-2004, 06:39 PM
Doza, you've got too much time on your hands. :)

Doza
02-16-2004, 08:00 PM
Get a job in tech support. You will too.

ZerK
02-21-2004, 12:29 PM
Here's Motorer's real car :)

Blue Supra
02-26-2004, 05:39 PM
owned. good one egg_nog. u got my respect. ;)

Vassar
03-03-2004, 11:52 PM
Well, I know this thread was a big joke, but seriously, where do you people get that an R33 would cost nearly $70,000?

Here is your typical R33 GT-R with the shipping costs!

http://www.batfa.com/usedcar-skylineGTR96silver.htm - 1996 Nissan Skyline R33 GT-R

http://www.batfa.com/sc789456123110.htm - Shipping costs

That would mean, if your $70,000 theory held up, That would be about $40,000 worth of emission and EPA changes to make the car legal. Come on people, think a little bit!

Egg Nog
03-04-2004, 12:54 AM
That would mean, if your $70,000 theory held up, That would be about $40,000 worth of emission and EPA changes to make the car legal. Come on people, think a little bit!

It's not really that much of an emissions problem. It's the issue of documenting and registering the car, as well as an essentially necessary LHD conversion.

Still, you've made a good point. I think this thread needs to die though... For motorer1's sake ;)

Falcon500
03-04-2004, 04:48 AM
I couldent agree more...although i think doza hada fairly good answer too that :D
And Doza wasnt thatcheating a little bit you said billy as far as im concerned Bill is a fair dinkum name that you can be called in court and have on your birth certificate....

carlover
03-04-2004, 03:56 PM
I think this thread needs to die though... For motorer1's sake ;)

I don't think that Moterer1 will know, mainly because I think he left this site. His last post was 2 weeks ago!

Motorer1
03-22-2004, 11:25 AM
I don't think that Moterer1 will know, mainly because I think he left this site. His last post was 2 weeks ago!

Sorry, been busy. How did you get on a conversation on how to spell Billy?

Strange........

Motorer1
03-22-2004, 11:27 AM
Check out this private message i got from Butha.

Importing of Skyline

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Howzit..

I saw your post and i'm very interested in following you and importing one myself. I'm in South Africa where Skylines are very Rare and not many people know how awesome the cars are. The only ones you find here is 200Sx'es and 300ZX. Would you mind in mentioning more or less what you payed and what year/mileage etc Stacy is?

Any help will be much appreciated. I searched the web all over but struggle to find any decent sites offering Skylines to buy...

Regards,

Butha

Egg Nog
03-22-2004, 07:47 PM
I saw your post and i'm very interested in following you and importing one myself. I'm in South Africa where Skylines are very Rare and not many people know how awesome the cars are. The only ones you find here is 200Sx'es and 300ZX. Would you mind in mentioning more or less what you payed and what year/mileage etc Stacy is?

Any help will be much appreciated. I searched the web all over but struggle to find any decent sites offering Skylines to buy...

Butha

Man, that's hilarious! :D +2 for sharing that with us :)

DrGonzo
03-22-2004, 10:05 PM
Thanks for the entertainment, everyone!!! :D

Did anyone notice that the car in the original picture isn't even a GTR?

Threefittyzee
03-28-2004, 09:55 PM
Interesting thread :cool: