PDA

View Full Version : Watch the Exhaust Pyrotechnics

byronleehk
09-02-2004, 08:31 AM
Taken from another forum I visit...

"It may look cool on "The Fast and the Furious," but modifying your exhaust to shoot out flames is not only corny, but a dangerous fire hazard. Besides, you don't really want to be known as the Einstein who took a questionable movie idea and tried to make it happen in real life. If it were that easy then I would be able to hop onto any old Air Force Base in Europe, jump into a standing, fueled, and armed F-16, and go save my Dad from a Middle Eastern POW camp (and I would also be able to fire a sidewinder from an aircraft on the ground!) This can't really happen, and neither should a flaming exhaust. (For those of you unaware of the movie I reference, go rent "Iron Eagle.")"

Hell_Unleashed
09-02-2004, 08:34 AM
LOL... that is cool!

EvilPaladin
09-02-2004, 08:50 AM
See the good point, his car is now lighter! :D

stratos
09-02-2004, 08:55 AM
See the good point, his car is now lighter! :D

and have a new paintjob :D

Mustang
09-02-2004, 09:02 AM
what burnt iti snt the the pipe at the other side :S or was there 2 ?

drakkie
09-02-2004, 09:08 AM
a pretty smart thing to do with a plastic bumper!!was there a exhaust on that side too ??

Hell_Unleashed
09-02-2004, 09:28 AM
a pretty smart thing to do with a plastic bumper!!was there a exhaust on that side too ??
looks like there is just an exhaust pipe... not connected to the exhaust system...just to look kool. LOL what a jackass...

Renesis
09-02-2004, 10:27 AM
ever played i spy?

when i saw that pic thought something was wrong
that car's a chevrolet cavalier LS, about the 1997 version.
the exhaust is on the left hand side.
no versions are capable of dual exhaust
also if you look hard enough into the big gaping burnt hole (insert perverted joke here) you can see that there is metal plating, enough to show that there wasnt any piping there

yet there's damage due to fire on the right
maybe its just me but im pretty sure that has nothing to do with exhaust

Hell_Unleashed
09-02-2004, 11:21 AM
ever played i spy?

when i saw that pic thought something was wrong
that car's a chevrolet cavalier LS, about the 1997 version.
the exhaust is on the left hand side.
no versions are capable of dual exhaust
also if you look hard enough into the big gaping burnt hole (insert perverted joke here) you can see that there is metal plating, enough to show that there wasnt any piping there

yet there's damage due to fire on the right
maybe its just me but im pretty sure that has nothing to do with exhaust
Y are they not capable of dual exhaust...? Can't u just install a new exhaust system with piping for dual exhausts?

Quiggs
09-02-2004, 11:39 AM
It's an Inline 4 cylinder motor, with a 4-2-1 header. No need for dual exhaust.

Ferrari Tifosi
09-02-2004, 11:43 AM
It's an Inline 4 cylinder motor, with a 4-2-1 header. No need for dual exhaust.

No need yes, but that's not going to stop a ricer from doing it.

Renesis
09-02-2004, 11:50 AM
Y are they not capable of dual exhaust...? Can't u just install a new exhaust system with piping for dual exhausts?

probably not

if you really wanted to you could, only thing is theres a number of issues to overcome:
~there's framework and other things like fuel lines and structural supports in the way (exhaust doesnt just hang down the bottom of the car, it snakes along a route.... cant find picture example to help...)
~in order to create another exhaust route you'd have to redo almost the entire bottomside of the car
~it would look stupid, and almost anyone who tried would permanently screw up their car.

mind you the car is a four banger, so there's not that much air is blasting through, the whole thing would be pretty pointless

again, its just one of those things that you could, but you wont, cuz its too much work for nothing to gain

Hell_Unleashed
09-02-2004, 11:56 AM
I see what you mean... so I'll post that example you were talking about... I guess what you are saying is true... and I suppose it would cost quite a bit as well... I dont think anybody who would have the money to waste it on a Cavalier would ever be driving one... here is the underside of a R34:

Quiggs
09-02-2004, 12:43 PM
No need yes, but that's not going to stop a ricer from doing it.

He was too busy buying clear taillights and APC universal fit mufflers to worry about a real dual exhaust setup. Afterall, two tips is the same as dual exhaust. ;)