PDA

View Full Version : Help with modifications to my N14 pulsar

Ginja Ninja
09-03-2004, 08:46 AM
Hi all

For a n00b like me, my first car had to be a shitbox, an N14 pulsar 2003 model. Since the insurance company won't cover silvia and skyline drivers under the age of 25, i've decided to make some modifications with this pulsar instead.

Now, i've planned to changed the gearbox back to manual, new exhaust, high flow cat, extractor, airpod. Question is, what would any of you's do to this car as if it were yours? what modifications would u make. Any also, since this car is a front wheel drive, and does not have diff, i was wandering if there is any possibility (or slight) possibility at all to make this car an all wheel drive, any chance here fellas?

I thank everyone who will respond to this thread

paul
09-03-2004, 11:01 AM
it will have a diff its built into the gearbox / am i right fellas?

Rob Mann
12-07-2004, 12:15 AM
the modifications i would do are

1.exhaust
2.induction
3.chip
4.bigger bore throttle body
5.new wilder cams

i would probably not take it any further than that in a car like that.

GTR Dreamer
12-07-2004, 01:09 AM
yep it does have a diff, all cars need 'em. the posibilitys of converting it to AWD are very low, but it is posible with lots of money, and with a pulsar not realy worth it...just do the usual exhaust intake route, and it depends on how far you want to take it with what you do next. :)

Blue Supra
12-08-2004, 04:50 PM
you COULD put a GTi-R AWD drivetrain in it but thatd cost just as much as a Gti-R. you can easily do an SR20DET swap from a GTi-R into it, i haev a few mates with SSS Pulsars with SR20s in them.

Rockefella
12-08-2004, 04:55 PM
Hi all

For a n00b like me, my first car had to be a shitbox, an N14 pulsar 2003 model. Since the insurance company won't cover silvia and skyline drivers under the age of 25, i've decided to make some modifications with this pulsar instead.

Now, i've planned to changed the gearbox back to manual, new exhaust, high flow cat, extractor, airpod. Question is, what would any of you's do to this car as if it were yours? what modifications would u make. Any also, since this car is a front wheel drive, and does not have diff, i was wandering if there is any possibility (or slight) possibility at all to make this car an all wheel drive, any chance here fellas?

I thank everyone who will respond to this thread
Personally, I'd prob. make it look fly, mods being:
- Monster Tach
- A gangsta bodykit all around the car
- Prob. a carbon or aluminum spoiler jacked up pretty high for downforce
- An inexpensive cold-air intake
- 3" muffler tip
- Couple tanks of NOS
- maybe some vinyls... like vtec, nos, greddy, nismo, tuned by nissan
- whatever money that's left prob. on under-car-lighting and interior neons and blacklights.
All about the style, dawg.

Rockefella
12-08-2004, 05:15 PM
Then after I win some races, I'll tune up the engine a lil, THEN buy a skyline r34gtr!!! :rolleyes:

Rob Mann
12-08-2004, 06:04 PM
Personally, I'd prob. make it look fly, mods being:
- Monster Tach
- A gangsta bodykit all around the car
- Prob. a carbon or aluminum spoiler jacked up pretty high for downforce
- An inexpensive cold-air intake
- 3" muffler tip
- Couple tanks of NOS
- maybe some vinyls... like vtec, nos, greddy, nismo, tuned by nissan
- whatever money that's left prob. on under-car-lighting and interior neons and blacklights.
All about the style, dawg.

no offence mate but that is the gayest idea i have ever heard of. and you will definatly not win any races.

Rockefella
12-08-2004, 06:12 PM
no offence mate but that is the gayest idea i have ever heard of. and you will definatly not win any races.
Imma smoke you man, just wait till I get mah skahlyne..

Rob Mann
12-08-2004, 06:41 PM
i will blow you away in my m3 buddy, so say goodbye.

Rockefella
12-08-2004, 06:43 PM
i will blow you away in my m3 buddy, so say goodbye.
gedda f' outta here man... m3's are maddd heavy and they corner like shite. mah civic is stripped out, does 0-60 faster than the low-end exotics, and corners like a dream.

GTR Dreamer
12-08-2004, 07:27 PM
ok u must be joking
lol

Blue Supra
12-08-2004, 07:31 PM
we all know rocks joking Rob_mann dont worry hes not a ricer :)

Rockefella
12-08-2004, 07:39 PM
we all know rocks joking Rob_mann dont worry hes not a ricer :)
delete the post before he sees it. ;)

charged
12-09-2004, 01:14 AM
LOL, also you need the big amp and sub,so when you blow the M3 away all he heres is DUFF DUFF DUFF,p.s turn baseball cap round backwards instantly get 10 more hp :D

lukeh
12-09-2004, 02:39 AM
gedda f' outta here man... m3's are maddd heavy and they corner like shite. mah civic is stripped out, does 0-60 faster than the low-end exotics, and corners like a dream.

i think you have rocks in your head mate.

Lagonda
12-12-2004, 05:35 AM
Seriously, how can some people even think that Rockefella is being serious ?

Need4Speed
12-28-2004, 05:47 PM
Hi all

Now, i've planned to changed the gearbox back to manual

I dont see why you want to change the gearbox to manual, because it will cost to much and it wont be like new. you are better of just buyin a manual pulsar and workin on that, its a smarter alternative.

85RX7
12-28-2004, 09:59 PM
what engine is in it presently? either go for the CA18DET or the SR20DAT, although the 20 doesnt have any major gains over the 18. But is insurance wat the problem in the first place i guess you cant do that.

Just get a good intake/filter system
Extractors
Maybe some high compression pistions
stroker kit
full exhaust.

That should keep the boost bug at bay for a while:p

fpv_gtho
12-28-2004, 10:30 PM
Some of the older Pulsars had something like a viscous coupling LSD (either way they had viscous LSD plastered on the side of the car) so i'd be fitting one of them before putting any serious power into the car

89honda3dr
01-11-2005, 10:22 AM
Those things are a pain in the ass to work on they have the crazy spakplugs built onto the coil like the new mazda protege. If I was you I would start of with the small stuff first like new NGK iridium spakplugs 8mm sparkplug wires exhaust wild acms stronger crank cat back exhaust :o

Rockefella
01-11-2005, 10:29 AM
Those things are a pain in the ass to work on they have the crazy spakplugs built onto the coil like the new mazda protege. If I was you I would start of with the small stuff first like new NGK iridium spakplugs 8mm sparkplug wires exhaust wild acms stronger crank cat back exhaust :o
Yeah, I was thinking of getting a fartcan exhaust.