PDA

View Full Version : Problems after "switch"

werty
09-05-2004, 11:07 PM
I think UCP has made too many changes.

I notived that now we can upload bitmap images on to UCP, the problem is if i save a cool pic i have to change it to a jpeg so it doesnt take up too much space. Example: i dont like 5 mb pics, when it can be 200kb with the same quality and dimensions

EDIT: Sorry, it was just my computer settings tht were screwing my UCP experiance, and since i made this thread the problems have been fixed, so thanks do much to Wouter and his team for everything they have done.

Wouter Melissen
09-05-2004, 11:37 PM
"Attach Files
Valid file extensions: avi gif jpe jpeg jpg mov mpeg mpg pdf wmv"

I'm sorry, but you can not upload bmp files. If you get bmp files while downloading images from the forums, then that's a local problem, caused by a glitch in IE.

Delete your temporary internet files and set your cache to 50 mb and you will be fine.

Thank you for your patience.

Ferrari Tifosi
09-05-2004, 11:39 PM
I don't like the fact that our reputation can't be seen anymore. You don't know who is a good poster or not. Well, unless you're a regular then you know.

Wouter Melissen
09-05-2004, 11:56 PM
I don't like the fact that our reputation can't be seen anymore. You don't know who is a good poster or not. Well, unless you're a regular then you know.

Fixed that as well. As with the thumbnails, please be patient, we ran into some unexpected problems. It was never our intention to change anything on the forums.

Ferrari Tifosi
09-05-2004, 11:58 PM
No problem being patient, I now see the rep up again. Keep on doing a great job Wouter making UCP the best automotive forums anywhere.

Matra et Alpine
09-06-2004, 01:20 AM
previous advice - SIT ON YOUR HANDS :)

I dont like a single change they have made to UCP so far, its turning into supercars.net, and that is totally stupid. My list of reasons for not liking the new ucp keeps getting longer.
Not ONE single 'change' was expected or planned.
The forum was to stay the same, Wouter is having some trouble with versions of the backend software and has been reported OFTEN, is working on it.

No offense to Wouter and others who made changes, but UCP is starting to get sucky :(

Sometimes its just better to leave good things the way they were.
Server upgrades are ALWAYS necessary.
As much as anyone - and Wouter has - tries to pre-test before going live etc, there may be items that only surface later.
UNTIL Wouter announces it's all workign OK, please be patient.
Even better, junk your OS and browser and you'll get over that bmp issue :)

Can't believe that so far you've not read one of the many posts we've put up explaining issues and asking for patience whilst the glitches were worked through. Sorry you didn't read them. If you DID read them the ..... WTF!!! :)

whiteballz
09-06-2004, 02:00 AM
was making attatchments open in the same window a plan? because i personaly liked the way that it opened in a different window, it really was handy when comparing chops and looking at pics, it made it alot easyer to comment on the pics.

Wouter Melissen
09-06-2004, 03:10 AM
was making attatchments open in the same window a plan? because i personaly liked the way that it opened in a different window, it really was handy when comparing chops and looking at pics, it made it alot easyer to comment on the pics.

Fixed

Wouter Melissen
09-06-2004, 03:14 AM
Also the 10-15 minutes downtime at 1 pm CET should no longer happen either.

whiteballz
09-06-2004, 03:28 AM
cool thanks wouter

Matra et Alpine
09-06-2004, 03:59 AM
Also the 10-15 minutes downtime at 1 pm CET should no longer happen either.
I'd stop sayign what things SHOULD do wouter.
You might regret this comment :)
I'm just waiting to check .......

Wouter Melissen
09-06-2004, 04:07 AM
It did NOT happen!

Matra et Alpine
09-06-2004, 04:09 AM
It did NOT happen!
yep, I take it back.

Always one to accept a truth -- apologies to Wouter for not having the confidence he did on this point.

Sorry, call it "bitter experience" :)

Ferrari Tifosi
09-06-2004, 04:35 AM
See you made a move on up Matra, now an Administrator, eh?

UK CARS
09-06-2004, 06:11 AM
It did NOT happen!
It did for me. Ucp crashed for about 10 mins. at about 12.30pm My time.

Karrmann
09-06-2004, 06:18 AM
UCP was down all saturday and sunday at my place.

Sweeney921
09-06-2004, 07:51 AM
ditto

Suka
09-06-2004, 08:05 AM
Delete your temporary internet files and set your cache to 50 mb and you will be fine.
I don't know how? I have had this problem of not being able to save as anything other than bmp but just thought it was the computer?

Wouter Melissen
09-06-2004, 08:15 AM
tools => internet options =>

to delete the temp files, click delete files and then to set it to 50 mb click settings and set it to 50mb

Suka
09-06-2004, 08:20 AM
Mine is set to over 1000mb?

Wouter Melissen
09-06-2004, 08:23 AM
Mine is set to over 1000mb?

That's what's causing the problem. Set it to 50mb.

Suka
09-06-2004, 08:26 AM
Oh, ok. Will that effect anything else, i don't want my dad to get annoyed because i have messed up the computer.

Matt
09-06-2004, 08:36 AM

Friggin read all the rest of thousand posts and threads about it. It had to do with the server switch. It was expected to be down, but not that long. It has nothing to do with how the forums will run in the future.

Matt
09-06-2004, 08:37 AM

I notived that now we can upload bitmap images on to UCP, the problem is if i save a cool pic i have to change it to a jpeg so it doesnt take up too much space. Example: i dont like 5 mb pics, when it can be 200kb with the same quality and dimensions

I dont like a single change they have made to UCP so far, its turning into supercars.net, and that is totally stupid. My list of reasons for not liking the new ucp keeps getting longer.

No offense to Wouter and others who made changes, but UCP is starting to get sucky :(

Sometimes its just better to leave good things the way they were.

No offense to Werty or anything, but Werty just came off looking like an ignorant little brat. This was a major switch. This was an all-nighter type of deal. This was a stressful and frustrating thing for everyone involved. And you've given it less than 48 hours to settle down. You need to chill, grow up a bit and give things a chance to work the way they're intended.

Wouter Melissen
09-06-2004, 08:39 AM
Oh, ok. Will that effect anything else, i don't want my dad to get annoyed because i have messed up the computer.

No it won't. Don't forget to close IE after deleting the temp files.

Suka
09-06-2004, 08:44 AM
Thanks

Matra et Alpine
09-06-2004, 09:02 AM
No offense to Werty or anything, but Werty just came off looking like an ignorant little brat. This was a major switch. This was an all-nighter type of deal. This was a stressful and frustrating thing for everyone involved. And you've given it less than 48 hours to settle down. You need to chill, grow up a bit and give things a chance to work the way they're intended.
It was just about now I was thinking to myself ....

Lets send Matt a message telling him all his files were lost.
THAT woudl be funny :)

Maybe not !!!!!

Coventrysucks
09-06-2004, 09:30 AM
I dont like a single change they have made to UCP so far, its
turning into supercars.net, and that is totally stupid. My list of reasons for not liking the new ucp keeps getting longer.

They switch servers, and there are a few temporary glitches, and it is supercars.net?

How do you figure that? :rolleyes:

werty
09-06-2004, 10:00 AM
i am very sorry i came off so hard on the problems, i did read through the many threads and thought that the changes i was experiancing were perminent, i had no idea they were glitches. once again i am sorry wouter and the team who is fixing UCP, your doing a great job, i was only concerned it would stay like it was with the glitches.

and already the glitches have gone away since last night, so thanks so much :)

Matt
09-06-2004, 10:32 AM
It was just about now I was thinking to myself ....

Lets send Matt a message telling him all his files were lost.
THAT woudl be funny :)

Maybe not !!!!!

I can actually read threads and posts. And I can actually look around. I know they're not gone. So, I didn't make a thread or post about it. I'm a model forum member. ;)

UK CARS
09-06-2004, 10:33 AM
You are a slow ******* mate!
Have you got needs?

Matt
09-06-2004, 12:28 PM
You are a slow ******* mate!
Have you got needs?

He's a pot-smoking, tree-hugging hippy. Hence the Prius. :D

Wouter Melissen
09-06-2004, 02:23 PM
All thumbnails are restored as well now. The forums are back to their original state, but should be a bit faster.

Thanks for your patience and enjoy your sped up stay on the Ultimatecarpage.com forums.