PDA

View Full Version : Poll Time lets see how it goes

SlickHolden
09-06-2004, 01:19 PM
Lets see who builds the best cars, For your $ :)

Hell_Unleashed
09-06-2004, 01:42 PM
Asians man!! No doubt about it...
Reliable and cheap... best buy fo ya buck!

UK CARS
09-06-2004, 02:18 PM
Tvr, Noble, Lotus, Caterham, Mg, Ultima, Invicta, Morgan, Jensen??? Eh?
BRITISH! BEEF! EAT MEAT.

Fabio Ferrari
09-06-2004, 02:28 PM
I think that the Japanese build very good quality cars, for a great Price, for example a 2004 Acura TL 3.2L V6 270bhp, fully Loaded with everything you can think of Navigation, Leather, 6 Disc CD Player, Moon Roof, 8 Speaker stereo system, it has everything and this is all about for 42,000 Canadian Dollars, now for a Mercedes E Class with all of these options costs about 75, 000, and sure Mercedes build great quality cars, there engines are unreliable, and they really over priced, same goes for BMW who make the 5 Series and with all of the same options, it still costs 80, 000. So i vote for Asian Cars.

taz_rocks_miami
09-06-2004, 02:40 PM
Reliabity wise: Japan
Build Quality: Europe
America: Sadly can't compare in these categories.
Austrailia: I've never ridden in one or even seen one up close, so no comment on those.

QuattroMan
09-06-2004, 02:50 PM
If you kill me i wont own a JAP car German car rock American cars ill take
Corvette, chevy SS any day,Australian cars never seen one. :D

SlickHolden
09-06-2004, 03:18 PM
You can pick up a Holden Monaro CV8 For about $50,000 AUD - $35,000 USD.
Leather seats, 6 in dash cd player, Dual zone climate control, Trip computer dash, Auto headlights, Rear Park Assist, leather-wrap sports steering wheel, Crusie control, Electric seats Memory of settings for 3 drivers , 18" Rims, Alloy pedal cluster, 4 airbags, Priority key for 2 people, when unlocking car, automatically restores settings for:
Climate control
Sound system
Trip computer
Speed alert
Transmission power/economy mode
Instrument dimmer
Antenna height
Headlamps-off time delay,
AD $3,500 AUD - $2,450 for Sat nav.
5.7lt Gen3 245KW you got a car with the lot right here.

Also consider
Ford Falcon XR6T $45,000 AUD - $31,500 USD
6-disc CD player, LCD centre console, Powers windows, Cruse control,
Trip computer dash, Sequential transmission shift, Dual Airbags, Leather bound steering wheel, Full Body kit, World Class Rear, 17" alloy wheels,
4.0LT Barra Turbo, 240KW
AD $7,000 AUD $4,900 USD Get Sat Nav + Roof Mounted DVD player,
And they are 2 of Holden and Fords Performence cars.
The 2 Basic cars would be so cheap In the US and UK maybe less then $23,000 in the U.S and $12,000 in the uk Cheap but very good family cars and power still :D

AKlingel
09-06-2004, 05:41 PM
Dollar for dollar, I don't think you can beat a good american V8. Corvettes and the Mustang Cobras are killer fast cars for what they cost. :cool:

Try to come up with a combo of Torque to weight that these cars have... for the realitively low cost. Keep in mind, that when it comes to driving pleasure... Torque is often a bigger factor that Hp... which should quiet down all of the Asian 4 bangers.

AKlingel
09-06-2004, 05:43 PM
Slick Holden... you might want to consider where that LS1 comes. I have never had any experience with a Austrailian car, but you should give credit to the nation that supplies those great LS1's for your cars. ;)

SlickHolden
09-06-2004, 06:10 PM
Who said LS1 was Australian built ???
It's a canadian man that designed it :) Guess i'll thank him :)
Guess wile we are thanking you should thank the country that will provide you with your future platfrom for RWD :) Zeta :D

SlickHolden
09-06-2004, 06:13 PM
You bring in a car and i will match it $ for $ in USD$ Power for power features anything mate :) I know my country does this so well RWD V8's :D
You bring in a car and i will match it $ for $ in USD$ Power for power features anything mate :) I know my country does this so well RWD V8's :D
You would be surprised at what this country can do to it's cars. Fords holden's They both have power handling and standard features that make you eyes water, And best of all they can have the hole family in them, Option DVD players and entertainment galore, Then take them down to the track and burn rubber, :D Ford has FPV for there top of the line cars, Holden has HSV for there and both make 380-390HP with high performance suspensions brakes body kits hamburgers with the lot for about $46,000 USD.
And there are aftermarket parts for both cars, And they both have had around 550KW - 730HP Torque plus 800Nm :D Sky's the limit here :D

SlickHolden
09-06-2004, 06:42 PM
Australian cars never seen one. :D
Here you go here is 2 of them First, HSV(Holden Specialized Vehicle) Coupe4, Second, FPV(Ford Performance Vehicle) GT, :D

Blue Supra
09-06-2004, 07:40 PM
I voted holden, although i love japanese cars, they are a bit more expensive then the local Aussie falcons and commis, they are easy to find bits and pieces for, even for a 79 VB commi (love that car) is easy enough to find parts for, theres stax of mechanics who can work on them easily, smooth and comfortable, plenty of options come standard, large colour variety which is something lacking in other continents cars, plenty of guts. Aussie cars are best overall. :) Europe still owns the prestige market though :( Japan owns performance :p and America has a long way to go. :D

fpv_gtho
09-06-2004, 11:48 PM
I think as far as cars like the Monaro and the XR6T go, the locals here rate pretty highly on a value for money scale, but the different industries screw around with it. For instance, we pay almost $AUD60K new for a CV8, america pays under $AUD50K and the UK pays over $AUD70K. then theres the import tariff's and such that hurt luxury cars over here once they cost more than $AUD57K

Falcon500
09-07-2004, 05:05 AM
Well it is a tought one....one i intend on standing on the fence for.....

The reason is because cars are made for markets and extensive reaserch in most areas provides the cars people want (im not to sure about the american ones seems crown vics dont fit the bill as a rwd sedan v8 and the other FWD cars GM and ford are pumping out there) but anyways..

Australian cars are hardy their built to suit our conditions so "here" there is scarcely a better buy...also their avid performers and are usally good for 5 people in comfort.
The japense are good at what they do wether it be dull eccono boxes that couldent pull the skin off a rice pudding...or some boosted large(ish) 6 or 4 that can scream around at phenomial speeds and in generaldo most things you want (unless you wanna go on vacation...or carry alot of people)

American cars while some are rough around the edges for the most part they are sturdy and very cheap for their market...and performance models do that very well...

And now im gonna jump off the fence for the euro cars...i would only touch them with a cricket bat and then only repetadly untilli smashed it into a little cube...neat cars and all but the prices they ask here are a joke...parts are a total laugh unless you own one (puegot are the biggest joke in the parts industry here...youll get parts from a japan slow boat quicker then from them) and their standard car seriously fail toimpress me one little bit...and while their performance cars getmy attention their prices dont...

So in short all of these have their upsides (except puegot) which is why i aint voteing...

byronleehk
09-07-2004, 08:56 AM
I am assuming that this thread is "the best bang for your buck"? That means the "best" car you can afford and not one of them cars you want?

My vote = Japanese cars.

For the same amont of bucks you pay for any European car you will have less luxery/options than Japanese cars. American cars with same (or maybe more) features may cost less here in the U.S. but thay are not as reliable as the Japanese ones.

SlickHolden
09-07-2004, 10:27 AM
Best cars for your $. Who makes the best cars overall value style extras, Engine types power, Car size take everything into account, But most important $$$. But i would say more on the lines of a New Car. Does a car company have a good cheap base model with good extras some style and performence safety features and reliability.
PLus does this same car company have a Choice of luxury Cars with all options you need and don't get with base model cars, Like Size, Power, More safety, More electrics, leather, Sat nav, DVD player, More comfort,
Then do they also have a high performence range, High performence handling, huge brakes, Body kits Big Wheels, Plus still kepping the high fetures of a Luxury car inside, But outside having a mean high performence look, You know what i meen.
Also having Differnet model small cars Utes 4WD AWD FWD RWD. Now some don't build these cars for there local markets they import them as most around the world do now. But it's just a example :D

Karrmann
09-07-2004, 01:54 PM
no contest asian

badboybarge
09-08-2004, 04:03 AM
euro by FAR!!! i have an E28 BMW and i love it

badboy

Pulsar Turbo
09-09-2004, 11:34 PM
There is no way i will pay more than $30.000 For an Australian car. Not because i'm Not being Rude or anything but i think tere not Worth it i think for the Price of a MONARO CV8 which is Worth at $76.000 i went and checked with the nearest Dealer is not worth it. i Rather go and Buy a Mzda 6 Not as quick but For the Price of $43.500 Perfect the best Luxury car for that Price and very good . i would rather spend my money if i had $100.000 to spend on a European or Asian Car then a Australian car i think there not Worth it and wasting my Time and Money Just not 100% satisfied with them. :)

jyi1693
09-09-2004, 11:53 PM
european cars rule!!! :cool:

Pulsar Turbo
09-10-2004, 01:24 AM
European Car's RULE

Colty
09-10-2004, 01:29 AM
Australian > American > European > Japanese :)

fpv_gtho
09-10-2004, 09:55 PM
There is no way i will pay more than $30.000 For an Australian car. Not because i'm Not being Rude or anything but i think tere not Worth it i think for the Price of a MONARO CV8 which is Worth at $76.000 i went and checked with the nearest Dealer is not worth it. i Rather go and Buy a Mzda 6 Not as quick but For the Price of $43.500 Perfect the best Luxury car for that Price and very good . i would rather spend my money if i had $100.000 to spend on a European or Asian Car then a Australian car i think there not Worth it and wasting my Time and Money Just not 100% satisfied with them. :)

you've got to have your individual reasons for choosing a car, you cant say you'd buy a Mazda 6 over a CV8 Monaro just because its cheaper and better quality. For $70K, would you buy a CV8 over say, $150K for a 645i or CLK500? Or would you pay $56K for an RX-8? Thats how you've got to look at it.

SlickHolden
09-11-2004, 01:56 AM
^^^^^^
I'm With Him :)

fpv_gtho
09-11-2004, 02:42 AM
The CV8's strongest competitors would have to be the RX-8 luxury pack and i think its the 350Z Touring (could be the Track, either way its the $70K version). Its basically an all round package compared to the RX-8 with a lack of low down torque and a love for revs, and the 350Z witha much smaller cabin but equally impressive performance. I think out of those 3 i'd be likely to choose the RX-8, but i could live with either a CV8 or 350Z

SlickHolden
09-11-2004, 02:51 AM
The CV8's strongest competitors would have to be the RX-8 luxury pack and i think its the 350Z Touring (could be the Track, either way its the $70K version). Its basically an all round package compared to the RX-8 with a lack of low down torque and a love for revs, and the 350Z witha much smaller cabin but equally impressive performance. I think out of those 3 i'd be likely to choose the RX-8, but i could live with either a CV8 or 350Z
Very nice car the RX-8 :) Seen one up close they look good it was yellow, Hard little door to get into the rear but got to open the front also then might get a chill :D

fpv_gtho
09-11-2004, 03:18 AM
i saw a nice one today, a dark metallic grey like mercury silver on the BA (saw a Ghia in that as well today that i couldve fell in love with :p) with a rear spoiler. they look pretty mean on the streets with all the right cirves in the right places. sometimes you can get a good view of them with the brakes just shining straight through from behind the rims, i'd love to see a shot of one with perhaps some huge aftermarket drilled/slotted rotors and bright red calipers to match

Colty
09-11-2004, 04:23 AM
In my opinion i think the RX-7 looks better than the RX-8 , just my opinion though

QuattroMan
09-11-2004, 10:49 AM
Here you go here is 2 of them First, HSV(Holden Specialized Vehicle) Coupe4, Second, FPV(Ford Performance Vehicle) GT, :D

nice looking cars....thank you...they do have attractive look to it. How dose it drive??

SlickHolden
09-12-2004, 12:09 AM
If i drove one i might not take it back lol:D. But i hear they are nice to drive, Some books said they are very good around the track, High reving donk also.

henk4
09-12-2004, 12:38 AM
I guess the purpose of this thread is too find out what is the best choice of cars you can buy in Australia. I am surpised to see so many contributions from members obviously not living there, so if they also voted, the results will be flawed. (No, i did not vote :) )

fpv_gtho
09-12-2004, 02:58 AM
i wouldnt be surprised henk if the thread attracted alot of attention when it was on the homepage for UCP as a new thread

henk4
09-12-2004, 03:03 AM
i wouldnt be surprised henk if the thread attracted alot of attention when it was on the homepage for UCP as a new thread

sure, but people may be required to read carefully before responding!