PDA

View Full Version : My bitmap dilemma

werty
09-06-2004, 06:41 PM
Ok heres the problem.

When i right click any picture on UCP to save it, i can only save it as a bitmap image, which takes up to much space.

But, i am not using Internet Explorer, like Matra and Wouter. I am using MSN. So there is no tools option for me to delete temp internet files and resize to 50mb. So what do i do, so that i save pics as jpegs like they used to be before the changes?

Any help is appreciated :)

d-quik
09-06-2004, 07:02 PM
Tools > Internet Options... > Settings

Now slide the slider so there is only 50 MB's of space in the Temporary Files cache. Press 'OK'. It might take a while, around a minute.

Still in...
Tools > Internet Options... > Settings

Press "Delete Files". This again, might take a while (around 2-3 minutes for me). Fixed the problem right away.

Like Wouter said, it is a Internet Explorer Glitch.

EDIT: Dude Werty, I know that you use MSN I am not eeliturate! ;)

Just open up Internet Explorer and do what I said. It will fix the problem no matter what Explorer you use.

Ciscoheat
09-06-2004, 07:05 PM
Have you tried typing in .jpg as the file extension when you save the pictures? You have to have the file extension visible option enabled from control panel/folder options/view. Thats if your using windows as your OS.

werty
09-06-2004, 07:20 PM
Have you tried typing in .jpg as the file extension when you save the pictures? You have to have the file extension visible option enabled from control panel/folder options/view. Thats if your using windows as your OS.
nope i tried....doesnt work

werty
09-06-2004, 07:20 PM
Like Wouter said, it is a Internet Explorer Glitch.

like i said, i use msn, not ie to get onto the internet

Blue Supra
09-06-2004, 07:52 PM
i didnt know you could use MSN as an internet browser? i just use IE with a pop up blocker :D

you could just dl the pics as bitmaps and resave them as jpeg and delete the bitmaps as a last alternative.

Rockefella
09-06-2004, 08:20 PM
Download mozilla firefox, imo, the best free internet browser out currently

lithuanianmafia
09-06-2004, 08:38 PM
Ok heres the problem.

When i right click any picture on UCP to save it, i can only save it as a bitmap image, which takes up to much space.

But, i am not using Internet Explorer, like Matra and Wouter. I am using MSN. So there is no tools option for me to delete temp internet files and resize to 50mb. So what do i do, so that i save pics as jpegs like they used to be before the changes?

Any help is appreciated :)
i use MSN Explorer as well, and have the same problems. what i do is open the image up in paint, than save as a JPEG file. then just delete the Bitmap. however, if there's a way to skip this process, I'd love to know :D

DasModell
09-06-2004, 09:07 PM
use Opera or Mozilla .. i had the same problem . and it's annoying

Matt
09-07-2004, 04:33 AM
like i said, i use msn, not ie to get onto the internet

MSN Explorer is just a rebadged version of Internet Explorer.

I use IE and don't have a single problem.

baddabang
09-07-2004, 12:51 PM
Have you gone to the help and settings option and then to the msn internet options. I use MSN to but i dont have the same problem

werty
09-07-2004, 02:31 PM
Dude Werty, I know that you use MSN I am not eeliturate! ;)

Just open up Internet Explorer and do what I said. It will fix the problem no matter what Explorer you use.

i did do it before, Wouter told me to do it before i made this thread and it didnt work, but ill try it again

EDIT: nope didnt work the second time either