PDA

View Full Version : My Falcon

Falcon500
09-29-2003, 04:14 AM
Well heres a pic of my car its a 71 XY falcon that currently only has the origoanl 6 banger in it though i am rebuildind a 302 windsor to go into it its my baby.

SL500
09-29-2003, 04:35 AM
Originally posted by Falcon500
Well heres a pic of my car its a 71 XY falcon that currently only has the origoanl 6 banger in it though i am rebuildind a 302 windsor to go into it its my baby.
Nice wheels!

NoOne
09-29-2003, 09:45 AM
Nice ride.....lotsa potential there ...good luck:cool:

Later

Falcon500
09-29-2003, 05:07 PM
ty the both of yous. I wouldent mind turning into a phase three GTHO replica (pics and stuff on this site) dont quite have the money yet but it will happen one day:cool:

crisis
10-13-2003, 11:58 PM
You'll certainly have a lot of fun playing with it. Put some decent shockers on it with the V8. You will have something unique among all the trumpet exhaust jap boxes. It will certainly sound better and be way quicker than anything that is not inducted.

Falcon500
10-14-2003, 02:18 AM
Thats the plan itll make a mervelous cruiser and fair move And itll be a blow off valve and fart pipe (or wombat hole) free zone!

Motorer1
10-26-2003, 10:43 PM
hope your plans work out :)

Fruitcake
11-17-2003, 01:46 PM
It's shit...absolute shit!!!!

Falcon500
11-18-2003, 02:57 PM
Well mate everyones entiteld to their opinions if saying its shit makes you feel better knock yourself out im not ganna stop you.
Also did i mention it was my first car? and i suppose what you owned for your first car or currently drive is so much better?

Egg Nog
11-19-2003, 07:51 PM
Originally posted by Fruitcake

What the hell? We don't need this! Do you even have a car, let alone an original idea, like an older semi-classic with a few awesome custom plans for the future?

At least be creative.

Batmobile_Turbo
11-19-2003, 08:47 PM
Originally posted by Fruitcake
you are a fruitcake

Falcon500
11-20-2003, 05:54 AM
I thank you both egg nog and batmobile-turbo while the car might not be your taste you can at least see the good side of it.

Well any ways with yous 2 and No-one being from candada you would of gotten vehicals very similar from memory since our countrys both shared falcons till about 73 i think it was but you guys were more lucky you got 2 doors where all our are 4 doors (funny since the car was designed here) but just wondering did you guys get anything like our "shaker" equiped GT models? I know we exported some to south africa under the guise of Farimont GT just wondering if you got any flash performace model?
And on a more posative note have you posted any pics of your porsche on this site Egg nog? while porsches are not my faveorite cars i must admit i like them (928 more then anything else love that quad cam v8 and its really nice interior) and yours sounds like its had a bit of work to it as well as quite a few good memories too it. And i dont actually know what you drive batmobile? But what ever it is im sure its a nice car and in the hands of an enthusiest.

Motorer1
11-20-2003, 12:32 PM
Fruity in the head. Fur dam sure...

-datsun 1600-
12-03-2003, 09:34 PM
Very Nice car for your first

Motorer1
12-04-2003, 11:32 AM
i would take that car in a heartbeat. hOws it doing?

Falcon500
12-04-2003, 04:30 PM
well ive cut three rust holes out of the passenger side fire wall because the windshield was leaking and some asshole who had the car before me repaced the cammal hair body deadener with plain carpet which was really trapping the water and causing rust ive done the biggest plate nmextto the fire wall that plate took me 2 days to make and hammer into shape. and ive got 2 more to go when i can ill put photots up when i finish the patches.

Motorer1
12-08-2003, 12:35 PM
oh, dude, rust is nasty. i feel for you if you have to deal with those problems.

Falcon500
12-23-2003, 05:44 AM
Ok plate number 2 is inand ive started on number 3...slowly getting there.

Falcon500
01-01-2004, 05:01 AM
Ok more pics of my falcon and a slight update on the car and myself i have recently gotten ajob at the used car section of the rolfe group (huge daler consisting of 9 dealersips alone in the area im working in) as a detailer/dogs body and as such have somemoney to throw about negotiations have started withmy father in buying the 351 clevland in his GT and im thinking of getting a prefessinal job done on the rust in the cills. And ive gotten plate number 3 hlaf done just needs some gringind to make it a good fit.

dupscadi
01-01-2004, 08:26 AM
Your first car? Good choice. I always try to go with something a little different. Have fun with fixin it up. That's the second best part of it. The first is drivin, but it is so much better if you put the time and effort into it. As for the fruity guy, your the coolest. Almost as cool as Jar Jar Binks. Peace!

Falcon500
01-01-2004, 01:07 PM
Cheers. Well owning (o dreaming i have no idea in this case) A caddilac is pretty cool and buels are good bikes :D

SHAKER
01-02-2004, 12:40 AM
theyres no doubt the xw/xy series falcons were the most popular amongst people.....if you do do it into a gt replica i would leave the rear spoiler off the car as i think they dont look as good........i have many pictures of my xygt......i just wish my scanner worked.......I even had "FORD GT" number plates........i would go for the clevo 351, as windsors are a smaller cube engine....(unless u can find a 351w) and they tend to run hot, theyres an abundance of parts the 351 clevo around aswell. Well im gonna try to hook up this scanner and get sum pics out

Falcon500
01-02-2004, 02:56 AM
I dont know about the spoiler i quite like them but thats just me. Well My 302 windsor is a 2 barrel origonal from a fairmont my brother had he done me a great deal $150 for the incredibly tired engine (it could still run but i wouldent its a bit too clapped out) and a workable c4 (prefer a manual but its better then putting the bw 40 it currently has on BOOM :D) I currently own this engine so i can fall back on it if idont get my fathers engine its a 351 clevland with a 30 thou overbore has forged pistons a 780 dp holley carbie a torker manifold ported 4v heads and a phase III (for those not in the know im not stateing mods like in gran tourismo but its a variation on the cam grind of the GTHOflacon phase III) style cam as well as the sump he modifed himself he built it to drag race in 78 but never got around too it the engine only has 2000 miles on it but it would still want a pull down and a clean up it was last started 3 years ago and was last driven in 81. Its still good and bench racing it would be good for around 500 (probly less) hp if i can get the exact head and cam specs as well as the manifold spec i could run it trhough our computerised Dyno.

fpv_gtho
01-02-2004, 04:45 AM
500hp is alot to be playing around in with an XY, are you considering upgrading the transmission if you can get the engine off you dad or do you think the C4 can handle it? personally though if it was my car, i'd be looking around and trying to find what sorts of mods ford fitted as a result of the RPO83 program

Falcon500
01-02-2004, 05:21 AM
The engine is supior to the ho motor in nearly every way and with an auto still got the same 12 mpg as the ho motor id rather get a top loader for it but if that wont happen ill shift kit the c4 and toughen it up untill i can get somthing that will take a hammering.

SHAKER
01-02-2004, 09:07 AM
well i would consider upgrading to 4wd if you got 500hp on tap, i had around 320 hp and i had the finned "ho" drums rear and kelley hayes front discs as standard n the "ho", and after giving it a hammering in high revs and only in second gear, it was quite a fright trying to pull it up in a hurry if the rears locked up.....(which was a damn nusance with the finned,wider drums)...thats when i thanked god i had a manual box and had learnt to double clutch hehe

fpv_gtho
01-03-2004, 01:01 AM
i think if i got given the keys to a 500hp XY, i wouldnt sto pa 4 wheel iscs, but also the best sports springs i could get, the strongest dampers, the widest rear wheels that would fit, just to name a few things

Falcon500
01-03-2004, 03:19 AM
Im thinking of it beeing a bit of a sleeper of course itll be loud and will have wide rear tyers but i think ill stick to a setof 15 in trident wheels like john goss had on his XA. But im not really fussed about 4 wheel discs forstarters theywould need an engineers certificate because they were not even an option on the car and while the car would see some track work i dont think that it wont last a handfull of laps around a small hillclimb track and it could most certianly stop at the end of an 1/8 or 1/4 mile easily. And id just about have to mod the supension as well as the 4 point kind of cage they had in the HOs

SHAKER
01-04-2004, 03:20 AM
well thats where this state differs from the eastern states, we dont have any compuslory car checks, only random checks when you get pulled over if the copper feels like defecting the car!i would find it odd that you need an engineers certificate to upgrade to rear discs as they are safer and no mods have to be done to install them, except the change of a handbrake cable i would imagine

Falcon500
01-04-2004, 04:21 AM
Well the cage wouldent need enginering unlessui got any extra points added on the body had an option of a 4 point but no rear discs they have to findout if they were done right and you need the engineer to say its safe enough but getting that done also frees up moremods to be done too butilldeal with rear drums for now theybreak just as good as discs they have a lerger contact area and although they do fade theyll do fine on the road and lone hill climb tacks for now.

fpv_gtho
01-04-2004, 06:35 AM
well my dads f250 still has 4 wheel drums on it, but they bite that good that they could snap your neck

Falcon500
02-06-2004, 06:00 AM
Time for an update i decided to spend the full $60 on a rust reapir pannel for the floor rather then let the problem resurface in the welds later and i spent $202 on the blinker switch costly but worth it...
My plans for a trip to the pannel beaters have been pt to a full halt when i lost my job ill just have to bide my time and wait untill i get another job.

Spastik_Roach
03-07-2004, 02:03 AM
Oh man that just really sucks loosing your job in the middle of a project. I'm sure me and everyone else here wishes you luck to find a new job and get this Falcon smoking some Boy Racers.

Falcon500
03-07-2004, 03:07 AM
Well thanks for reminding me about this...I havea new job working in a holden parts room...the pays not as good as the BMW dealer but it give me something to work off and im more likly to move further in this job.
So far im trying to change the blinker switch TRYING being the oprative word its hard to get the wires out of the plastic plug the wires are secured in with pins and we have to figure out a way to get them out!what a pain....

Falcon500
03-25-2004, 02:46 AM
Im wondering why i would actually loose reputation for my last post...it doesnt even contain a explination....

fpv_gtho
03-25-2004, 02:49 AM
i cant explain it, it seemed like a quite reasonable post but i dont know why someone would have a problem with it. perhaps someone out there doesnt liek you, or is just trying to give you a bad day

Falcon500
03-25-2004, 02:53 AM
Quite a yellow belly approach if you ask me....

fpv_gtho
03-25-2004, 03:03 AM
well i know how you feel, it wouldve only been a week ago now and i got a negative rating. someone who saw my list for the top 10 australasian drivers of all time and today took a rep point off me and said i had a great lack of historic perspective. although i admit i dont usually think of racing 20+ years ago, all i gotta say is: im only 15, what do you want me to do, know off by heart what years sir jack brabham won the f1 gran prix, what the fastest lap alan jones completed around monza in a williams was?......

even the best of us though piss someone off down the line and get rep points taken off us for what we at the time think is rediculous and cowardly, but the only solution i guess is not to worry

Falcon500
03-25-2004, 03:20 AM
Well to put thing in perspective their its kinda funny that russle couldent rember his last race win...which was like in 98 or something before his 02 queansland win and yet skaify didn and skaify rember he was three laps in front too...so even the drivers sometimes forget! I dont pride myself on rembering little things...hance why i say he won this race didnt he?....
As for the perpective thing you have been whatching raceing less time then i have and similary i have been whatching less then say crisis or other morestatic posters we have in the aussie forums...(where did holden hfv6 go?)
Im not worried but if you look in the ford GT vs Doge i posted my opions on the person who ate into my rep....he didnt read everything i wrote and that bugs me...

fpv_gtho
03-25-2004, 03:27 AM
Well i think it was Winton in 2001 before the Queensland 300 in 03 but for him it must've been a pretty big gap between wins and i guess between that time gap he was under alot of stress with his hatred for Larry Perkins building up and him settling into SBR.

well yeah it was only last year i seriously got interested into watching more than Bathurst, i still missed phillip island, race 2 at clipsal, barbagallo, hidden valley and race one at the main event.........

Falcon500
03-25-2004, 03:46 AM
havent missed a race since beginning of the 02 season..have everyone on tape...plus 01 bathurst and my fathers static collection of raceing...too bad he didnt own a VCR untill 86....one years of group C races....

fpv_gtho
03-25-2004, 03:49 AM
well i wish i could boast those statistics, everyone at school reckons im stupid for watching every V8 race and just last weekend when clipsal was on, one of my friends and my brother had the nerve to put NFS:Underground on when there was still a good hours racing left in race one, so i was relegated to watching the rest in my mums room. well worth it though, i can definately see why clipsal keeps winning the best event of the year, and not for the crashes, as fun as they are

Falcon500
03-25-2004, 05:57 AM
Yeah well i doubt their doing anything more interesting themselves....
And there are a few advantages to being an only child....from what i heard of your brother he would not live very long if i was in your shoes.....
Clipsal has gotten awards and contunes to grow every year its a topraceplain and simple...id rather 2 smallsprint races and one long race about 100 odd laps though..

fpv_gtho
03-25-2004, 06:04 AM
well my brother though at times he really gets on my nerves......im probably more violent towards him than he is towards me, but i at least think that i usually have good reason. ive stabbed him in the leg and arm (not full on, just left a scratch or scar) a couple of times because i felt the situation called for it and accidently given him a bleeding nose (we mustve been arguing about something and ive spun around and accidently clobbered him across the nose with my elbow) but thats about it, some other siblings hospitalise each other.......

well a couple of shorter races would be easier on the driver, and 100 laps or so i think would be getting close to 400km straight (more like 350 though) so that would be a pretty big strain, with the new full bodied underwear in place from the adoption of FIA rules. i wouldnt be too surprised really if towards the end of the year we start hearing of drivers being fined for boycotting the use of the fireproof underwear. i can understand the drivers concern, the racing suits are already fireproof and at times too hot, so why add to that?

Falcon500
03-25-2004, 06:22 AM
Worst my older brother done once was knocked out one of my loose teeth...that was too many years ago to bother to recall....
Ihave had some younger kids at school who cantanly bug me...i ask them tostoptheykeepit up ask again...after that cycle happend so many times i gave them the reason why theywhere bugging me (it wasa name my dearly departed ran called me) and then i just though stuff it i winded one and attempted to strangle the other...granted they where younger,smaller and to top it off NERDS (so they fell down real easy)amdi was the devil in this situation! i gave them more warnings then a care to count and when i tell them stop or youll regret it i mean it! and the teacher expected me to tell...pfffft yeah right their pathetic i didnt want to stoop to their level :rolleyes:
Yeah it wouldbut more enjoyable for some and the fans like it...
That underwear rule come from bloody FIA who are european and because of that fact do everything better....they know jack shiot about our raceing and proved this by that decision....

fpv_gtho
03-25-2004, 07:12 PM
those teachers can be pricks at times, they think theyre better than the police or something. my year coordinator at school thinks he can get away with any sort of punishment practically but i havent had to go infront of him yet as im always on the lookout for the damned teachers so ive never seriosuly fought anyone at school, although ive had plenty of reason to

well long races have their advantages as do short races. short races i guess theres alot in the pit strategy for tyres as you dont have much romm to make up mistakes, as is the case with longer races but i guess a longer race theres always the factor of will there be a crash? will the safety car come out? and how many times? race 2 at clipsal i think ambrose dived into pits just as a crash happened for fuel i think it was and he was lucky that the safety car ended up coming out. going in then i think is probably the very best time during the safety car and it just showed up SBR's brilliant strategy over the weekend.