PDA

View Full Version : New site layout and colours

<AAA-MOD>
09-29-2003, 03:19 PM
any comments so far?

It took us a few days to all agree on what we've presented in the main pages.

Obviously these forums will follow the same trend as we find more time to edit them.

Roy Visser
09-29-2003, 03:26 PM
The new layout looks very very Sharp, i like it alot better then the "old" layout. I dont know why, but the new layout just screams "Information!"

very nice, job well done guys

henk4
09-30-2003, 12:08 AM
perfect

ajmcgarry
09-30-2003, 07:24 AM
The colour scheme seems all wrong to me, but I get the feeling that it is probably something to do with my settings. I hope so anyway.
I am seeing Dark Green text, with Dark Blue hyperlinks on a black background which makes reading almost impossible.

Is is just me or does anyone else get this?

<AAA-MOD>
09-30-2003, 07:51 AM
Originally posted by ajmcgarry
The colour scheme seems all wrong to me, but I get the feeling that it is probably something to do with my settings. I hope so anyway.
I am seeing Dark Green text, with Dark Blue hyperlinks on a black background which makes reading almost impossible.

Is is just me or does anyone else get this?

There's definitely something wrong at your end.
The new colours are all ranges of blue and the background is a very light gray (except for these forums of course).

Post a screen shot here with the URL visible so we can check it out.

NoOne
09-30-2003, 08:03 AM
I like the new color schemes, really brightens the sight up :cool:

Later.

ajmcgarry
09-30-2003, 09:43 AM
I've tried it on different machine in different OSs and with different profiles. The only common factor is that we are all behind the same firewall using the same IE auto proxy. Will try again later from through my ISP

Will put screenshots up once I find a place where I can upload them. Stupid firewall is stopping me accessing Yahoo properly.

Wouter Melissen
09-30-2003, 10:25 AM
Good evening,

You can upload the screenshots right in this forum as a .gif, .jpg or .jpeg file, but it has to be smaller than 500 kb.
Your problem is either a catch problem or your browser doesn't handle style sheets properly. The new layout uses them even more than the old one.
I hope your problem can be fixed.

Thanks for participating and good luck,

Wouter Melissen

lmilly
09-30-2003, 03:52 PM
The new layout looks very cheap. Like a lot of plastic on door panels in car does, just to make an analogy. I've seen 7th graders make websites that are more aesthetically pleasing than this one. I've been coming to this site for about a year and the old layout was much better and made ultimatecarpage.com look like a reliable source for car statistics...Just my thoughts though.

ajmcgarry
10-01-2003, 04:13 AM
Here is a shot as I see it from the title page.

piledriver
10-01-2003, 04:22 AM
Cool design!! the colours are perfect...
much better than the old one with green and yellow...
:cool:

Wouter Melissen
10-01-2003, 04:31 AM
to ajmcgarry

It seems that your browser has problems reading some parts of the style sheet. Which browser / OS setup are you running?

Thanks

Wouter Melissen

Rob
10-01-2003, 11:35 AM
Nice Layout, the only thing that has to be changed, imo, is the size of the text, it's a bit small.
Are you also going to change the collors of the forums?

Misho
10-01-2003, 04:58 PM
I'm not sure if i like it better than the old one or not !!
The only thing i know for sure, is that it still looks sort of cheesy !!

ajmcgarry
10-02-2003, 04:20 AM
to Wouter

I dont know what changed, I haven't even rebooted my machine but today all is well. At least I think so. This is what it looks like now.
My primary mahine is a Win2000 SP4 with IE 5.50.48 but like I said previously I have tried it on different mahines with different service packs and OSes. It must have been something in the Firewall which has been rectified.

Anyways thanks for the help, and I like the new look. It has a more polished feel to it. Any plans on revamping the forums too.

<AAA-MOD>
10-02-2003, 07:10 AM
Originally posted by Rob
Nice Layout, the only thing that has to be changed, imo, is the size of the text, it's a bit small.
Are you also going to change the collors of the forums?

What resolution and monitor size are you viewing with?

On my 19" monitor at 1280x1024, the text is great, however if I change my resolution to 1600x1200, the text is difficult to read. We feel the size we've used is appropriate for the majority of resolutions being used. Hopefully it doesn't give you a headache. We wouldn't want any injury claims against us (lol).

And yes, the forums will be revised as well, however didn't fit within the timeline of the main site revision.

Batmobile_Turbo
10-13-2003, 04:46 PM
are they gonna change the forums to the new color scheme pretty soon?

Wouter Melissen
10-14-2003, 12:58 AM
Originally posted by Batmobile_Turbo
are they gonna change the forums to the new color scheme pretty soon?

We will change the forum colours, but currently we have been rather busy with content again. The forums take quite some more time to change, with all the buttons etc.

bballmikey105
10-18-2003, 02:00 PM
i think the forum colors should be grey and white