PDA

View Full Version : '97 Toyota Supra vs Nissan Skyline GTR 34

Shorty
09-11-2004, 10:11 PM
Hey guys, Ive always wanted to know other people's opinion, as a race car, used in both circuit, drift and drag, which car would be better?
'97 Toyota Supra vs Nissan Skyline GTR 34????? I think the Supra

illusionest
09-11-2004, 10:22 PM
supra = KOOL (hmm..drag)
Skyline = awsome (drifts yo!)
other....LOL ferrari or lamborghini...LOL

Ko51n
09-11-2004, 10:53 PM
Mitsubishi 3000gt vr4
So what if its slower, it looks a lot better than the other two.

GTR Dreamer
09-11-2004, 11:49 PM
id say the supra

megotmea7
09-12-2004, 01:27 AM
RX-7, better handler, better track car, and oh so fun to drift :)

85RX7
09-12-2004, 01:54 AM
RX7 - practically perfect in every way

megotmea7
09-12-2004, 02:02 AM
i wouldnt got that far... but why not... :rolleyes:

Falcon500
09-12-2004, 05:06 AM
My moneywould be ont he rx7 too...just as a prefernence...of course there isnt anything wrong with the other options (theonlyone i wouldent consider would be the skyline...just a prefernce thing)

UK CARS
09-12-2004, 05:08 AM
My moneywould be ont he rx7 too...just as a prefernence...of course there isnt anything wrong with the other options (theonlyone i wouldent consider would be the skyline...just a prefernce thing)
Gad to see you. Long time no see. :)

Rx7 here 2.
Or whats a Rx8 like.

DodgeNitroBIRM
09-12-2004, 01:11 PM
I'm thinking... Honda/Acura NSX Type R

Coventrysucks
09-12-2004, 05:54 PM
as a race car, used in both circuit, drift and drag, which car would be better?

Mitsubishi 3000gt vr4
So what if its slower, it looks a lot better than the other two.

Looks don't win races.
Not much fun coming in last again, thinking to yourself "mine looks better!"

Blue Supra
09-12-2004, 07:55 PM
Good to see you back Falc

Is this another Supra vs Skyline thread???
fair dinkum theres about 3 of these if you go back far enough. Finding one through google was initially what got me here. the Supra vs 34 vs blah vs blah argument is old. Shorty i advise you go back through some of the older threads... actually ill save you the trouble
http://www.ultimatecarpage.com/forum/showthread.php?t=503
that thread is the most comprehensive argument either way iv found anywhere. if you want answers all you have to do is seek them...

crisis
09-13-2004, 12:08 AM
Hey guys, Ive always wanted to know other people's opinion, as a race car, used in both circuit, drift and drag, which car would be better?
Are they stock? If so read the specs (except drift which I imagine has as much to do with the driver).
If not stock then the best drag car will be the fastest and the best track car will be the one that goes round quickest.

Bladerider
09-19-2004, 09:40 AM
I vote skyline,

But then what do I know, Ive only driven all the jap cars (except the nsx) and usually several different power levels of each.

Drift has so little to do with anything its not worth mentioning. Its a fantastic sport, but has no relevance to the quality or performance envelope of a vehicle.

J.

Renesis
09-19-2004, 09:53 AM
But then what do I know, Ive only driven all the jap cars (except the nsx) and usually several different power levels of each.
all of them huh?

Bladerider
09-19-2004, 09:58 AM
You know what I meant !! lol

Evos
Scoobies
Rx7
Skylines
Supras
3000gt
Silvias
Sunnys
Civics
Preludes

NSX is the only one I havent ACTUALLY driven to date that I would like to buy. Havent even been in the passenger seat other than a trip round the block, which I dont really count tbh.

J.

Ducey101
09-19-2004, 07:37 PM
I think the 2005 Subaru WRX STi would win

sunce
09-19-2004, 07:41 PM
I agree... Rx7 all the way!

Pliz
09-23-2004, 05:50 AM
jesus christ i think im going to be sick seeing all these supra vs skyline threads, look if u like 1 car then like it, some people get worked up if their fav toy gets criticised and they come out lashing (ie r34_296kw) ;)

Blue Supra
09-23-2004, 08:55 PM
jesus christ i think im going to be sick seeing all these supra vs skyline threads, look if u like 1 car then like it, some people get worked up if their fav toy gets criticised and they come out lashing (ie r34_296kw) ;)

i already made this point in ANOTHER skyline vs supra thread but thanks for the support. at least im not alone in my thinking.:)

IWantAnAudiRS6
09-25-2004, 05:37 AM
Supra anyday. Looks better.

tseramed
09-26-2004, 03:36 PM
Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution VI Tommy Makinnen Edition all the way!

Supraman69
09-26-2004, 04:10 PM
Lets see...there are alot of cars that can beat a nissan skyline or a toyota supra....but I would like to see a skyline race a Ferrari F50, alot of us know the out come of that one. And for the supra..no more needs to be said.

And I'm with Bladerider, drifting has nothing to do with the performance of your car. I have a brother that has a 04 Toyota Celica that has 160 hp and I could probably drift it. And who hasn't seen Toyota Supra drift

Colty
09-26-2004, 09:06 PM
Porsche GT3 :D

jcp123
09-26-2004, 11:25 PM
Drift: Supra
Road Race: Toss-up; Skyline has more traction (AWD), but the Supra's RWD might be more reliable
Drag: Probably the Skyline. All other things equal (and as i recall, the two weigh roughly the same stock), the Skyline's AWD gets you a better launch. But again the RWD of the Supra might be an advantage in and of itself because of less complexity/added reliability.

JeremyFishburn
10-01-2004, 11:10 AM
I would say Skyline

Skyline Chick
01-26-2005, 12:51 PM

No way dude, its gotta be the Skyline :p

Rockefella
01-26-2005, 01:21 PM
No way dude, its gotta be the Skyline :p
The skyline couldn't hold a candle to the Supra around a track.

CdocZ
01-26-2005, 03:03 PM
id pick neither. why? mostly because of the fans ive seen, they have given me reasons to hate both. what would i pick? depends on whether or not upgrades would be allowed, how much to spend on them, and what i would use the car for. chances are i would STILL pick neither, unless i had to pick a japanese car only :p

crisis
01-26-2005, 03:55 PM
id pick neither. why? mostly because of the fans ive seen, they have given me reasons to hate both. what would i pick? depends on whether or not upgrades would be allowed, how much to spend on them, and what i would use the car for. chances are i would STILL pick neither, unless i had to pick a japanese car only :p
See Id have either despite the fan boy crap. Even quotes like "The skyline couldn't hold a candle to the Supra around a track." wont deter me. They are both desirable cars, I think Ive said that a thousand or so times before in the thousand similar threads of this topic, and those who are rabid fans of one type and discredit the other should be ignored.

CdocZ
01-26-2005, 04:56 PM
See Id have either despite the fan boy crap. Even quotes like "The skyline couldn't hold a candle to the Supra around a track." wont deter me. They are both desirable cars, I think Ive said that a thousand or so times before in the thousand similar threads of this topic, and those who are rabid fans of one type and discredit the other should be ignored.
oh, i know they are good cars, but 1) they dont really appeal to me, and B) all id be doing if i bought one is give them a legitamit argument, which id then kill myself :p

Rockefella
01-26-2005, 05:08 PM
lol, I guess I came off fanboyish. I do hate the skyline, but the Supra has better slalom/track times... unless I'm thinking of something else. BTW, I don't have a particular likeing for Supra's.

shadow
01-26-2005, 09:35 PM
honda city CZI.

crisis
01-26-2005, 11:18 PM
lol, I guess I came off fanboyish. I do hate the skyline, but the Supra has better slalom/track times... unless I'm thinking of something else. BTW, I don't have a particular likeing for Supra's.
Sorry but you r comment did come across a little braod.

Falcon500
01-27-2005, 02:01 AM
I honestly dont mind either...but with a definite perfernce to the supra....the skyline is serverly damged by a comical following of fanboys who believe everything their told....it doesnt change the fact their quite good cars, but when i hear a fan boy thier the most overated POS's on the road!

The supradoes have a fanitical following too but in general their calmer then the skyline fanboys...still not saying there arnt too many "units" amongst them.

crisis
01-27-2005, 03:51 PM
I honestly dont mind either...but with a definite perfernce to the supra....the skyline is serverly damged by a comical following of fanboys who believe everything their told....it doesnt change the fact their quite good cars, but when i hear a fan boy thier the most overated POS's on the road!

The supradoes have a fanitical following too but in general their calmer then the skyline fanboys...still not saying there arnt too many "units" amongst them.
On balance I would say that here in Adelaide there are more and worse examples of tastlessly riced Supras than Skylines.

F1_Master
01-27-2005, 03:55 PM
You know what I meant !! lol

Evos
Scoobies
Rx7
Skylines
Supras
3000gt
Silvias
Sunnys
Civics
Preludes

NSX is the only one I havent ACTUALLY driven to date that I would like to buy. Havent even been in the passenger seat other than a trip round the block, which I dont really count tbh.

J.

Sunnys?

Isn't there a car from Nissan called the Sunline, or something like that? Its supposed to be like, a step down from the Skyline.

Anyways, the NSX Type S Zero.

DodgeNitroBIRM
01-27-2005, 04:26 PM
The Sunny is what the Sentra was called in Japan. The Sunny Lucino is what the 200SX was called in Japan, also.

Manik
01-27-2005, 05:22 PM
the supra would be no match for the Nissan skyline

Falcon500
01-28-2005, 04:13 AM
On balance I would say that here in Adelaide there are more and worse examples of tastlessly riced Supras than Skylines.
Well its the other way around here....i only the the odd supra but i often see skylines theres 3 where i work and theres usually one of 3 diffrent ones i see on the way home.....

Niko_Fx
01-28-2005, 12:24 PM
the supra would be no match for the Nissan skyline

Supra = Less weight, more HP and a faster 0-60 time.

Supra
3620 lbs
320 bhp 315 ft lbs
0-60: 5.0 s
0.19 bhp / kg

Skyline
3672.9 lbs
280 bhp 289 ft lbs
0-60: 5.2 s
0.17 bhp / kg

megotmea7
01-28-2005, 01:13 PM
thats exactly what im refering to when i was ranting in the "skyline pic thread" and the sad part is these people wont even attempt to back up their claims.. watch he wont even post and tell me WHY the skyline is better, it just is because thats what he believes...

KnifeEdge_2K1
01-29-2005, 09:54 PM
thats exactly what im refering to when i was ranting in the "skyline pic thread" and the sad part is these people wont even attempt to back up their claims.. watch he wont even post and tell me WHY the skyline is better, it just is because thats what he believes...

yeah, in a way its kinda like a religion, the facts clearly prove the theory wrong yet people still choose to deny them and blindly follow it

blonde
10-13-2005, 02:00 AM
well i initially thought skyline but then said supra cuz apperently its quicker, so i aint 2 sure, their both beautiful cars...

bLoNdE

chrisdoesntknow
10-13-2005, 02:36 AM
i've been in a supra twin turbo ('97) AND a skyline GTR R34 and i wasn't at all impressed with the way the supra rode. its fast, sure. but thats about it. I'd take the skyline in a heartbeat. I also didn't like the way the supra shifted, couldn't quite describe it, it just felt...off.

6'bore
10-13-2005, 04:42 AM
well i initially thought skyline but then said supra cuz apperently its quicker, so i aint 2 sure, their both beautiful cars...

bLoNdE

Beautiful is the the wrong word.

P4g4nite
10-17-2005, 09:57 PM
F*ck fanboys, those tools don't take away from how good a car a really is.
Not liking a car because of the kind of people who also like it is the stupidest thing i've ever heard.

The fact that Ferraris are bought overwhelmingly by old men with erectile dysfunction doesn't take away from how good a Ferrari is either.

I'd take the skyline because i don't think the supra was built to be anything other than a US marketing exercise (and it's dynamics reflect that).

An RX-7 is the way it should be done, it beats both the others easily.
Can't wait to see the upcoming one.

TVR IS KING
10-17-2005, 11:10 PM
your goddam right beautiful is thw wrong word
more like RICE
lol sorry.

Godlaus
10-18-2005, 10:02 AM
yeah, in a way its kinda like a religion, the facts clearly prove the theory wrong yet people still choose to deny them and blindly follow it

Watch yourself.............You're out of line, KnifeEdge.
-----------------------------------

Skyline
3672.9 lbs
280 bhp 289 ft lbs
0-60: 5.2 s
0.17 bhp / kg

You're smarter than this, Niko. The skyline is rated at 276, but puts out anywhere from 300-340. The gentleman's agreement. I'm a little suprised at that 0-60 time, seeing as how the 4WD and attessa should haul that thing to the big mark quicker than that. Dare I ask where you got those stats from?

I also didn't like the way the supra shifted, couldn't quite describe it, it just felt...off.
You said you've been in a supra and skyline. Does that mean you drove them?

2ndclasscitizen
10-19-2005, 05:09 AM
I'm a little suprised at that 0-60 time, seeing as how the 4WD and attessa should haul that thing to the big mark quicker than that. Dare I ask where you got those stats from?
the skyline is notoriously hard to launch, thats the reason for the poor 0-60, however rolling start they are much quicker

2ndclasscitizen
10-19-2005, 05:11 AM
Remember that normally the 4WD computer send most power to the rears

rb30
11-06-2005, 04:25 AM
These threads are always flying around, must be 20 of them on this site. Why can't people search before they post.
Personally i think the skyline is the better vehicle but its really only a preference thing they were made to compete directly with each other. i have been for a ride in an earlier model supra TT(94-95 or something) at my fathers work shop and i didnt like the way it rode or handled. my friend owns a r33 gts-t with mild work done to the whole car, big brakes(gtr i think), exhaust, engine work, good suspension, good street tyres, lowered and pretty riced, but not horrible, no STIKAZ or decals. My dad said that the r33 had way more grip and better balance than the supra TT, but the supra was stock as apart from a bad ricing and a fart can exhaust and heaps of horrid stikkaz so thats not really a comparison.
I agree, the way that gts-t sticks to the road really scared me.
there's a set of dirty esses near my place that i can hit at about 80 klm an hour safetly in mums vt commodore the r33 was doing 130 into it and my mate acellerated to about 140 and backed off slightly for some slight lift-off oversteer, it came out the other side showin about 135klm\h. It wasn't as illegal as it sounds this was on a private road.
i just flamed this thread then posted heaps of crap and ended up sounding like a fan boy Narrrgghhh. finally between a stock r34 gtr and supra TT its hard, i vote skyline looks alone.

bobob
02-14-2007, 07:56 AM

are you mental the gtr 34 is the best car for all of them races the supra is good but its o match to the skyline

jediali
02-14-2007, 09:08 AM
F*ck fanboys, those tools don't take away from how good a car a really is.
Not liking a car because of the kind of people who also like it is the stupidest thing i've ever heard.

The fact that Ferraris are bought overwhelmingly by old men with erectile dysfunction doesn't take away from how good a Ferrari is either.

I'd take the skyline because i don't think the supra was built to be anything other than a US marketing exercise (and it's dynamics reflect that).

An RX-7 is the way it should be done, it beats both the others easily.
Can't wait to see the upcoming one.
i agree. but you cant argue with customer perception and its relation to its target market. A guy from auto car said very appropriately that we shouldn't let all the rich/eccentric people enjoy all the good cars.

type supra vs skyline into youtube search and you get hundreds of ned videos...i dont really want to comment technically on this thread because youre going to like (or hate) one or both.

SafirXP
02-15-2007, 01:18 AM
they're both monsters... nobody would lose out much if they got the either of'em!

personally i'd go with the supra because of the looks & the absence of awd (however sophisticated it is).

i'm sure most people would choose the skyline.

jediali
02-15-2007, 01:33 AM
they're both monsters... nobody would lose out much if they got the either of'em!

personally i'd go with the supra because of the looks & the absence of awd (however sophisticated it is).

i'm sure most people would choose the skyline.
welcome! Most people did vote skyline. I think both are fairly hideous.

Luxurioux
02-15-2007, 10:42 AM

Same here. Rx7's have been my dream car since I was 6. Unlike the supra, you can still see alot of rx7 (fd3s) been used in both drag racing, and drift racing. Skylines are often found in both drag racing and drift racing, but I just dont like cars with large engines. ( its considered large in japan )

john14
02-16-2007, 05:06 AM
Toyota Supra vs. Nissan Skyline is the never ending debate. :( At the end of the day, some people prefer Skylines and some people prefer Supra's. Anyway, they're both very good cars so personal preference will decide whether a person prefers the Supra or Skyline.

Falcon500
02-18-2007, 06:08 PM
Toyota Supra vs. Nissan Skyline is the never ending debate. :( At the end of the day, some people prefer Skylines and some people prefer Supra's. Anyway, they're both very good cars so personal preference will decide whether a person prefers the Supra or Skyline.

The thing that bugs me is that people will stupidly argue their points right or wrong and never consider good points of either (or do it faintly or in passing never truely appreciating the reason it is good)

If you think this is bad you should see the flame session in you tube about Tae Kwon do vs Kickboxing/Mauy Thai it wouldent be so bad if the average IQ in the argument was 65.

Hedgehog-pinnoy
02-21-2007, 09:03 AM
;) If it was a 2000 Toyota Supra it might have chance :)

xero
03-02-2007, 08:01 PM
rx-7 ftw... either that or the toystar...... just thinking about that car makes me drool

supraboy95
03-10-2007, 09:34 PM
personaly i see it as a thing of what make and style car you like, personaly i like the supra. the supra gets insane amounts of horse power without alot of mods to it. and the look freakin sweet. my uncle has a supra with a out of stock turbo, air intake, computer chip, and racing transmission in it. and its pushin 1500 horse. but like i said before its all a driver prefered thing. both cars are cool. but the supra beats the skyline in most areas. both cars will perform different according to the driver, a sklying can beat a supra drifting, or the other way around according to the driver, same with drag racing. BUT SUPRAS ROCK!

70cuda88
03-10-2007, 11:13 PM
this post was in 2004 by the way, so i doubt he cares anymore:D

Rockefella
03-11-2007, 03:46 AM
my uncle has a supra with a out of stock turbo, air intake, computer chip, and racing transmission in it. and its pushin 1500 horse.
If I had a nickel for every time I've seen that kind of post..

Quiggs
03-11-2007, 09:40 AM
"Your uncle" has a lot more done to the car than that. And you've obviously never spent a single minute under the hood of anything if you think you can just put on a bigger turbo/exhaust/chip without majorly reworking an engine.

jediali
03-11-2007, 10:50 AM
the supra gets insane amounts of horse power without alot of mods to it. and they look freakin sweet. my uncle has a supra with a out of stock turbo, air intake, computer chip, and racing transmission in it. and its pushin 1500 horse. but like i said before its all a driver prefered thing. both cars are cool. but the supra beats the skyline in most areas. both cars will perform different according to the driver, a sklying can beat a supra drifting, or the other way around according to the driver, same with drag racing. BUT SUPRAS ROCK!

words cannot express so:
http://www1.istockphoto.com/file_thumbview_approve/1561236/2/istockphoto_1561236_suicide.jpg

Falcon500
03-16-2007, 05:08 PM
If I had a nickel for every time I've seen that kind of post..

I spend alot of time in yahoo chat and that and the other one is 1000 hp stock internals....you have to give them points for being enthusiastic but they get a 0 for reaserch.

kingofthering
03-16-2007, 07:49 PM
personaly i see it as a thing of what make and style car you like, personaly i like the supra. the supra gets insane amounts of horse power without alot of mods to it. and the look freakin sweet. my uncle has a supra with a out of stock turbo, air intake, computer chip, and racing transmission in it. and its pushin 1500 horse. but like i said before its all a driver prefered thing. both cars are cool. but the supra beats the skyline in most areas. both cars will perform different according to the driver, a sklying can beat a supra drifting, or the other way around according to the driver, same with drag racing. BUT SUPRAS ROCK!

So what, my father got an Integra LS with 2win Turboz and NOS AND GREDDY STICKERZ!@!@@ PUShin' 23344444944444X20 hp with noS purge.

I race it inSKOOL zones against SUPRAZ AND FERRARIS AND SMOKE DEM.

john14
03-17-2007, 06:33 AM
Originally Posted by supraboy95
my uncle has a supra with a out of stock turbo, air intake, computer chip, and racing transmission in it. and its pushin 1500 horse

This is the funniest post ever. I'm still laughing. :)

The Toyota Supra is a very good car though.

Falcon500
03-17-2007, 07:45 AM
This is the funniest post ever. I'm still laughing. :)

The Toyota Supra is a very good car though.

So good you made it your singnature lmao

IWantAnAudiRS6
03-17-2007, 08:39 AM
Where have you been?!

And yeah, that guy's really shot himself in the foot there... hey, douchebag, did you know that I played in a Civic that can pwn your uncle's Supra? It's got a K&N induction kit and VTEC.

Zytek_Fan
03-17-2007, 05:40 PM
So what, my father got an Integra LS with 2win Turboz and NOS AND GREDDY STICKERZ!@!@@ PUShin' 23344444944444X20 hp with noS purge.

I race it inSKOOL zones against SUPRAZ AND FERRARIS AND SMOKE DEM.
sicilian-whatever would say:

The FXX will smoke that and so would the 1000bhp F50GT

kingofthering
03-17-2007, 07:56 PM
Let's see him find a F50 GT.

His figures are off by quite a bit.

Even if we believe the story that it was crashed, rebuilt and retuned by Ferrari, that version says that it would have 950 hp.

But if we believe the story that says it survived the Laguna Seca track day without damage, it has about 750.

Ferrer
03-18-2007, 06:55 AM
Let's see him find a F50 GT.

His figures are off by quite a bit.

Even if we believe the story that it was crashed, rebuilt and retuned by Ferrari, that version says that it would have 950 hp.

But if we believe the story that says it survived the Laguna Seca track day without damage, it has about 750.
Plus it's probably as performing as the contemporary GT1 racing cars.

SlickHolden
03-18-2007, 02:59 PM
Friend of my brothers Rich dude more money then sence, Had a Skyline with 1000hp, One night being a dick he had a drag and twisted the chassis and crashed it into a school, Lucky for him it was on the weekend no school and he didn't walk away, The c**t ran away.

kingofthering
03-18-2007, 04:29 PM
Plus it's probably as performing as the contemporary GT1 racing cars.

It was as fast as the prototype 333P and even faster.

Luxurioux
03-18-2007, 09:23 PM

True. Its used for drifting, some drag racing, street racing.. etc. It also looks nicer than the others.

Ferrer
03-19-2007, 03:31 AM
It was as fast as the prototype 333P and even faster.
I wouldn't be surprised if a derestricted McLaren F1 GTR was also faster than the 333SP.

xero
03-20-2007, 03:48 PM
yo can any of you guys tell me of a mag i can go online and find an article about bot/either cars. Im doin a research project for school and i need more then just internet soruces.

any help would be very approciated

thanks