PDA

View Full Version : Warning: To All Dodge Owners!!

Karrmann
09-12-2004, 04:52 AM
there are many complaints that Dodge cars have their Fuel freeze up during the winter, with the winter coming closer you are to buy some fuel solvent or whatever you call it, that thing that keeps fuel from gumming up your engine.

:end of alert:

UK CARS
09-12-2004, 04:56 AM
What about the Prius?
*shitter*

Karrmann
09-12-2004, 05:01 AM
do you mean shifter?

oh and to Dodge Caravan owners, in the winter the latches on the sliding doors may freeze overnight, run the heat for a few minutes then yank at the door like you were gonnaa open it and It will open (trust me I own a caravan :D)

UK CARS
09-12-2004, 05:04 AM
Who the F**K has a dodge caravan on UCP??? eh!?
You might, but we dont want to live outside the toyota showroom.

:D

johnnynumfiv
09-12-2004, 06:27 AM
I've had my dodge dakota over a winter, never gave anyone in my family any problems.....

TheOne
09-12-2004, 10:27 AM
my mother has a dodge caravan!, but her car doesn't have such problems, been up for quite a long time through winters.....

car_fiend
09-12-2004, 10:59 AM
[QUOTE]Who the F**K has a dodge caravan on UCP??? eh!?

i've got a caravan , fer the family.

DodgeNitroBIRM
09-12-2004, 01:00 PM
As recorded in Road and Track's "Long Term Test":

"2004 Toyota Prius
Apparently even the Prius is no immune to problems. At the end of a workday, Engineering Editor Dennis Simanaitis found a hybrid that was 'completely dead in the water.' Not only would it not start, but none of the dashboard lights would come on, nor could the key fob lock/unlock the doors. We had to lock the car manually (!) for the night. To top it all off, Dr. Sims was forced to share a ride home with Andy Bornhop.
Upon further review the next morning- and after first trying the spare key fob, to no avail- we jump-started the Prius via the auxiliary battery. But even this wasn't easy, as the positive terminal- located in the fuse box (Me: What moron came up with that idea??)- is in too small of a space to get at with normal jumper cables. Our solution: a pair of Vise-Grips latched to the terminal, with jumper cables connected to the grips.
We brought the car into the dealer to assess what went wrong and were told that it was nothing more than a dead auxiliary battery. They figure it was caused by leaving the Prius at the airport for three days just prior to this problem, claiming that the auxiliary battery is not designed to hold its charge longer than seven days without the car being run. Except it was only three days. We're not buying the seven-day rule, and for sure three days is ridiculous: our source at Toyota has not heard of this problem before, either. We think it may be due to a sticky switch connected to the brake pedal, which lets the car start running; we've had a few occasions where we've had to hit the brake pedal multiple times to get the car to function.
Delivered price...................................$25,939
Total miles/miles since last report....16,562/3789
Maintenance costs to date.......................$240
Repair costs to date...................................$0
Average mpg to date................................41.0"

Blue Supra
09-12-2004, 09:39 PM
Karrman, whats your source on this freezing of petrol?n doesnt petrol freeze only well below 0Degrees C"??

whiteballz
09-12-2004, 09:42 PM
it might well expand in the lines, cloging up the pipes? i duno...

Karrmann
09-14-2004, 06:30 PM
Karrman, whats your source on this freezing of petrol?n doesnt petrol freeze only well below 0Degrees C"??

the news