PDA

View Full Version : UK Cars banned for 3 days

Matra et Alpine
09-13-2004, 10:14 AM
in the first escalated ban UK Cars will be unable to login to UCP for 3 days after another unacceptable post.

We don't need to go into the details as I hope UCPers trust us to only respond when necessary. The post was unacceptable and after wanrigns on previous posts, we've felt it necessary to take punitive action in the hope that the lesson will make a difference.

drakkie
09-13-2004, 10:16 AM
too bad these things need to happen...

Mustang
09-13-2004, 10:24 AM
dayam not again, i thaught that after last time he would know where the line is :confused:

can you direct me to the post he was banned for i would like to haver a lookie at it :)

Matra et Alpine
09-13-2004, 10:27 AM
dayam not again, i thaught that after last time he would know where the line is :confused:

can you direct me to the post he was banned for i would like to haver a lookie at it :)
It is already edited

Mustang
09-13-2004, 10:30 AM
It is already edited

ok thanks anyways :)

can you give ma a rough idea what it was about since i havent a clue what it was ?

cheers

Matra et Alpine
09-13-2004, 10:34 AM
ok thanks anyways :)

can you give ma a rough idea what it was about since i havent a clue what it was ?

cheers
please read the second para in the start of this thread.

Do you really need to know ? Why ?? If we post the ba dposts details, what's the point of removing them and banning folks ? We'd be as well leaving them up, doing nothing and letting UCP go down the tubes :(

IWantAnAudiRS6
09-13-2004, 10:35 AM
What do you have to do to be banned? Constant abusive/vulgar posts?

Mustang
09-13-2004, 10:42 AM
please read the second para in the start of this thread.

Do you really need to know ? Why ?? If we post the ba dposts details, what's the point of removing them and banning folks ? We'd be as well leaving them up, doing nothing and letting UCP go down the tubes :(

ok point taken :)

you can tell me on msn :p haha

Matt
09-13-2004, 11:58 AM
What do you have to do to be banned? Constant abusive/vulgar posts?

BINGO

SlickHolden
09-13-2004, 12:22 PM
I think UK's just miss understood, He trys to bring humor into ucp and light up the place some think he goes to far but you must admit he is good fun to watch and makes you laugh and in times like these we all need to have a laugh when the world is shit :D

cuntukimushroom
09-13-2004, 12:29 PM
poors ukcars had 100 rep now hes gonna get 10 am i right!?!?! or was that to dark phenix?

Karrmann
09-13-2004, 12:34 PM
what thread was it in?

byronleehk
09-13-2004, 12:37 PM
DP's was a totally different case. I think UKCars' going to keep his rep points.

cuntukimushroom
09-13-2004, 12:40 PM
oh rite cos dark phenix didnt poor guy

SlickHolden
09-13-2004, 12:59 PM
what thread was it in?
That's the million $ question mate. We would like to see what happend :)
I seen some of his last post's and couldn't see a thing :confused:

IWantAnAudiRS6
09-13-2004, 01:18 PM
But then again, UK CARS is the one with 112 rep, while many good people have bugger all! Maybe that shows a little something....

Mustang
09-13-2004, 01:35 PM
MEssAGE FROM JIMBO :)

My messege is " sorry to the oldies and i want to cheer you up, here is my milk float"

Viper007
09-13-2004, 01:44 PM
hahahaha anyway there is nothing we are able to do about this and hopefully he will learn his lesson. I have nothing against Uk Cars and in fact i find him very humorous but i think this time he will learn where the line is.

Cotterik
09-13-2004, 03:31 PM
i dont see whats wrong with UKCARS, me and him share the same humour and yeah its good to have a laugh once in a while :) Maybe he sometimes goes over the mark a bit but im sure its not worth banning him for. What about a PM warning him about his actions in the threads instead? Im sure he would understand. With me, if i was banned i would feel bitter afterwards, it wouldnt stop me from doing it again. This is the 2nd time he has been banned, so it obviously isnt working!

Matt
09-13-2004, 03:37 PM
i dont see whats wrong with UKCARS, me and him share the same humour and yeah its good to have a laugh once in a while :) Maybe he sometimes goes over the mark a bit but im sure its not worth banning him for. What about a PM warning him about his actions in the threads instead? Im sure he would understand. With me, if i was banned i would feel bitter afterwards, it wouldnt stop me from doing it again. This is the 2nd time he has been banned, so it obviously isnt working!

Matra has said he has warned him.

fpv_gtho
09-13-2004, 03:45 PM
i hate to say it, but if hes been warned before and even banned before, than the 3 day ban really is deserving

Blue Supra
09-13-2004, 03:47 PM
Hmmm
that crazy UK cars.

Esperante
09-13-2004, 03:50 PM
it was bound ot happen sooner or later

SilverG35SportC
09-13-2004, 04:19 PM
Although I am not on UCP as much as other ppl., I dont even see UKCARS being offensive-at all. What he says never even goes into the category about offensive. I dont even know what DP was banned about. MEh. :confused: :confused:

Karrmann
09-13-2004, 04:25 PM
well I just have a strange feeling that he was banned for the last post in the For My Friend Karrmann thread.

Matra et Alpine
09-13-2004, 04:33 PM
well I just have a strange feeling that he was banned for the last post in the For My Friend Karrmann thread.
That's the one, but no point rushing as his last action was to edit it as per request. Just like lots of other posts, but we can't spend our time asking people to edit. Everyone has to learn some self-control and know that there IS a line that shouldn't be crossed.

atombob03
09-13-2004, 04:44 PM
youre right there is a cetain line not to cross

baddabang
09-13-2004, 05:14 PM
Jimbos not trying to be mean or offensive hes just trying to be funny. And what can I say hes good at it. UCP seems so serious sometimes thats its nice to see a lightened side.

FREE JIMBO :p

Karrmann
09-13-2004, 06:10 PM
That's the one, but no point rushing as his last action was to edit it as per request. Just like lots of other posts, but we can't spend our time asking people to edit. Everyone has to learn some self-control and know that there IS a line that shouldn't be crossed.

I was talking about this one, am I still right?

Quote:
Too be perfectly honest, if I was buying one I wouldn't care about looks, in my opinion its the perfect family car.

Yeah but what about the guys laughing at you, calling you a Tard.

Quote:
why is everyone sayin that the prius is the ugliest car? have we all forgotten the pontiac aztec?

Were not calling it the ugliest car, But the reason for all of this is because, dozy Karmman has a chrush on it.

Quote:
never heard of niether

Im not going to even say anything about that, lmfao.

Quote:
i Like toyotas, to denounce a car based on it's heritage is stupid.

Damn right mate, The Prius is a mistake. No car manfacturer should be denounced from a car they make or have made. Apart from Lada.

Quote:
errrrrrrrr, mate i dont know what you think crap and sh!t are, but um over here theyre the same thing

Thats what i thought, but i think he was trying to say the Prius will never look like a normal car, no matter what The pRius will always be a frog!!!

To some this all up*** I think Karmann should look at his options and choose a proper car, I dont even think about buying one.

Esperante
09-13-2004, 07:04 PM
I beleive that that you have quoted hath been edited.

Matt
09-13-2004, 07:25 PM
Jimbos not trying to be mean or offensive hes just trying to be funny. And what can I say hes good at it. UCP seems so serious sometimes thats its nice to see a lightened side.

FREE JIMBO :p

You can be funny without being offensive.

Spastik_Roach
09-13-2004, 09:16 PM
I'm personally getting a bit sick of UK_Cars, sometimes he funny sometimes hes just a bit stupid..

whiteballz
09-13-2004, 09:19 PM
is it possible to create a new(or multiple) user names and post when baned?

just thinking that those RX-7 lovers may be jimbo having more fun. :)

Fabio Ferrari
09-13-2004, 11:05 PM
Could some one please PM me and tell me exactly what he has done, if I am going to be on UCP I would like to know exactly what is going on and why he is being banned, I am very curious.

taz_rocks_miami
09-13-2004, 11:21 PM

Your IP address would give you away if you did that. If someone gets banned for a few days, they should take it as a "take it easy on your posts" that's all. If you're banned and you post under a new user name, you're asking for your ban to be permanent.

I have nothing against UKCARS and no idea what he posted to get banned again. I just hope he moderates himself a bit so he can keep enjoying UCP with the rest of us.

Wouter Melissen
09-14-2004, 12:38 AM
Could some one please PM me and tell me exactly what he has done, if I am going to be on UCP I would like to know exactly what is going on and why he is being banned, I am very curious.

He made a racist and offensive post. He has been banned three days, because he has been warned many times before and his behaviour already earned him a one day ban. One more major offensive and we will no longer be talking days, but rather weeks.

whiteballz
09-14-2004, 01:05 AM
Your IP address would give you away if you did that. If someone gets banned for a few days, they should take it as a "take it easy on your posts" that's all. If you're banned and you post under a new user name, you're asking for your ban to be permanent.

I have nothing against UKCARS and no idea what he posted to get banned again. I just hope he moderates himself a bit so he can keep enjoying UCP with the rest of us.

but has anyone actualy checked their IP's to see if thats the case?
i mean, its possible isnt it?

(apart from the timing of his posts(three different posts by 3 diff users in 1 min)

Blue Supra
09-14-2004, 01:26 AM
Is it possible you could just go to a differnt machine and post under a new name? i use at least 4 differnt machines in my week when im on here.

fpv_gtho
09-14-2004, 01:44 AM
if you remember r34_296kw, one of the times he got banned, he tried to come back with several new user ID's and i think ended up with a IP ban

Karrmann
09-14-2004, 03:03 AM
and when he got banned for lifetime, he came back as pliz and he still posts ssometimes.

Karrmann
09-14-2004, 04:07 AM
He made a racist and offensive post. He has been banned three days, because he has been warned many times before and his behaviour already earned him a one day ban. One more major offensive and we will no longer be talking days, but rather weeks.

and if he gets banned 4 times we maybe talking till his death lol :D

IWantAnAudiRS6
09-14-2004, 05:02 AM
He just needs to think about wot he posts, and take the hint when he gets a PM stating that he could get banned. I got one of those! And a public warning! And I lost rep! Wow... but I can't remember wot 4... I believe it was for calling sum1 a prick... in UK CARS own thread, asking for the RS6 advert...

Matra et Alpine
09-14-2004, 06:11 AM
I was talking about this one, am I still right?

Not for the ban.

So far talking about the Prius isn't considered offensive - but maybe it should :)

Matra et Alpine
09-14-2004, 06:13 AM

Ye.

but everyone banned is warned that if they join as a new username that there ban at UCP will be extended and for serious and repeated infraction, for life.

Mustang
09-14-2004, 09:00 AM
its not him i am talkign to him and he says it isnt him :)

SlickHolden
09-14-2004, 10:40 AM
How easy something can be said and you get called racist now a days, One min your avarage joe then your racist joe, It's getting to the point where you can't speak anymore, I got called a skippy the other day so did i jump up and down about that ?

IWantAnAudiRS6
09-14-2004, 11:17 AM
Don't be racist, SlickHolden! You're branding the Joes as average. And racist. You deserve to be banned!!!

Matra et Alpine
09-14-2004, 11:23 AM
How easy something can be said and you get called racist now a days,
It wasn't easy, it was offensive, there HAD been warnings in the past.

Please don't turn this into a "poor victimised UK Cars" issue.

Jeez, you'll be telling us to let Saddam go free next !!!!

:) J/K :)

IWantAnAudiRS6
09-14-2004, 11:25 AM
Don't you feel sooooo sorry for UK CARS??? BRANDING! AS A RACIST!

Matra et Alpine
09-14-2004, 11:36 AM
Don't you feel sooooo sorry for UK CARS??? BRANDING! AS A RACIST!
Please be careful in using words.

This isn't FOX NEWS :)

The content of his post was wrong, no evidence or belief that it is the person.

Please let the BBC make the headlines and not the SUN newspapers, RS6 !!!!

IWantAnAudiRS6
09-14-2004, 11:37 AM
I dont read the Sun, only the Times and the Guardian... I thought I'd try tabloiding, blowing everything out of proportion, lol!

SlickHolden
09-14-2004, 12:00 PM

Jeez, you'll be telling us to let Saddam go free next !!!!

:) J/K :)
Now thats Offensive :eek: :p

SlickHolden
09-14-2004, 12:02 PM
Don't be racist, SlickHolden! You're branding the Joes as average. And racist. You deserve to be banned!!!
You deserve to be banned for being on weed :p
And don't call me racist!!!!!!

Karrmann
09-14-2004, 03:22 PM
there have been two bans, ivana tinkle and fatkid2009, how long are they are banned?

Blue Supra
09-14-2004, 04:58 PM
hopefully permanant!

Karrmann
09-14-2004, 05:04 PM
yeah, I couldn't stand his spamming

baddabang
09-14-2004, 05:29 PM
UK Cars has told me that he is not coming back to UCP after his 3 day ban, for certian reasons.

Karrmann
09-14-2004, 05:30 PM
UCP will be very diffrent without him :(

Blue Supra
09-14-2004, 07:14 PM

Serious! that sux man! did he say why?

whiteballz
09-14-2004, 09:07 PM
i bet he will return. they always do :D

anyone remember the misho scare?
after the misho theory:D :D :D

Blue Supra
09-14-2004, 09:12 PM
i musta missed it:confused:

Matt
09-14-2004, 09:19 PM

That's hilarious coming from you.

SlickHolden
09-14-2004, 11:10 PM
Boring place with no Jimbo:(

henk4
09-14-2004, 11:48 PM
That's hilarious coming from you.

my first thought indeed. Do you think he'll get the point? :)

Matt
09-15-2004, 04:35 AM

Doubtful.

Karrmann
09-15-2004, 04:39 AM

welll if you're talking about atombomb03, no.

IWantAnAudiRS6
09-15-2004, 04:40 AM
I reckon he will come back, he sed 2 me on MSN that he was bored without it. How cool was that milkfloat??? LOL!

henk4
09-15-2004, 04:45 AM

who is that?

Matt
09-15-2004, 05:34 AM

Wow, I've never met someone more clueless than yourself.

SlickHolden
09-15-2004, 08:29 AM
But what was said was anyone in here offended by it ??? i'm intrested ??

IWantAnAudiRS6
09-15-2004, 10:20 AM
Anyone going to answer that one? I'm interested too....

IWantAnAudiRS6
09-15-2004, 10:25 AM
who is that?

read this, that should tell you henk4. atombomb03's profile! :p

baddabang
09-15-2004, 12:12 PM
No I wasnt offended by it and I seriusly doubt anyone was. As far as I know nobody is one so whats the big deal. It happened in history, and history class isnt racist.

NoOne
09-15-2004, 12:15 PM
UK Cars banned for 3 days

in the first escalated ban UK Cars will be unable to login to UCP for 3 days after another unacceptable post.

We don't need to go into the details as I hope UCPers trust us to only respond when necessary. The post was unacceptable and after wanrigns on previous posts, we've felt it necessary to take punitive action in the hope that the lesson will make a difference.

I find it amazing that a 73 post, 5 page, 2 day thread developed from a single post reporting that a member has incurred a 3 day ban. 73 posts (this 1 making 74) and no gossipy women involved!!! ;)

I think the thread should have ended after the very first post, which stated who had received a ban and why. Maybe we should lock these types of threads right after the initial post. :)

Mustang
09-15-2004, 12:17 PM
I find it amazing that a 73 post, 5 page, 2 day thread developed from a single post reporting that a member has incurred a 3 day ban. 73 posts (this 1 making 74) and no gossipy women involved!!! ;)

I think the thread should have ended after the very first post, which stated who had received a ban and why. Maybe we should lock these types of threads right after the initial post. :)

or maybee they shouldnt be made atall :)

Matra et Alpine
09-15-2004, 12:54 PM
or maybee they shouldnt be made atall :)
Deal -- as long as we don't get flooded on PMs and messenger with question on what happened etc. ( Which has happened in the past :( )

This was an attempt to make it open and clear what was happening so nobody felt it was secretive. Bias can't happen in the glare of publicity :)

Also, if it's all secretive does anyone else learn that bans are likely ?
Personally I think it's better if everyoen controlled themselves and didn't need bans. If it were all secret, no lessons would be learned on the wider front.

Karrmann
09-15-2004, 04:32 PM
UK CARS will beck tommorow right? :confused:

baddabang
09-15-2004, 04:46 PM
UK CARS will beck tommorow right? :confused:

Yep one last time.

Karrmann
09-15-2004, 04:54 PM
why is he leaving UCP though?

baddabang
09-15-2004, 04:55 PM
why is he leaving UCP though?

Im Not saying, Best to ask Jim Himself.

Karrmann
09-15-2004, 04:57 PM
ok, I will

Blue Supra
09-15-2004, 07:10 PM
Well if someone finds and out and IS willing to post why can they share with the rest of us please?

IWantAnAudiRS6
09-16-2004, 11:49 AM
Well, your prayers have been answered...