PDA

View Full Version : Exige's Rice Hunt Challenge!

:Exige:
09-13-2004, 03:29 PM
Matra gave me the idea of starting a competition (I think he was joking :p) based around one of my favourite pursuits ... "Rice Spotting" :D I don't know if this will catch on but its worth a try!

The idea of the game is to photograph "riced" cars (although unfortunatley no rep is given until I can give rep :( ).

I'll judge how riced it is (out of 100) and I'll say why I gave it that score. Extra marks for going Egg Nog style by putting your username on the shifter or something else hard to do :p

I'm not going to be down my local "Rice Town" for a short while but when I get a chance I'll make sure I'll add some entries :)

Good luck and Happy Huntin'

Exige!

Tip : Lamer the better ;) (Im running at GMT so I wont be able to reply to this thread until 4pm England time)

Matra et Alpine
09-13-2004, 04:28 PM
From the Knockhill show back in April. I chose NOT to embarras myself by posting it when I did the report :)

Anyway, this was the VeilSide Tokyo car show car and imported into Scotland by CRD Racing as a promo. it was ugly - but sttracted the crowds - most wearing Burberry caps :)

Coventrysucks
09-13-2004, 05:02 PM
Do those leaflets in the engine bay add horsepower?

I refuse to take photos of ricer cars, because people might think that I actually like that sort of thing. :(

whiteballz
09-13-2004, 05:21 PM
shifty and i will go out riding on the weekend and take some rice shots for ya! plenty around here.

kko
09-13-2004, 05:37 PM
I thought we were "hunting" ricers.... :(
o well

Niko_Fx
09-13-2004, 05:50 PM
Well Peter although that Supra is ricy it doesn't look THAT bad... You stand no chance, cause today I saw the riciest civic ever at Boca Raton's mall and I'm hoping to see it tomorrow when I bring my camera ;)

It was a gold hatchback with a white body kit and silver tinted windows!! The guy was running on such a low budget that it didn't even have the ricy muffler. I think it's worst than anything that I've seen on anti-rice.com .... I truly hope is there tomorrow, I could win this comp with a pic of that car :)

09-14-2004, 01:39 PM
I thought we were "hunting" ricers.... :(
o well

We could but I dont know if the mods would approve :D

I refuse to take photos of ricer cars, because people might think that I actually like that sort of thing.

Thats part of the fun - you have to be covert if you dont want to look like a twat :D

Matra .. even though it does look quite ricerish I'm only gonna give it 18/100 .. (1) it's not hugely ricerish (2) its not that Lame (which is what will score you the highest) (3) It is still rice though :)

Also doing embarrasing acts to get a photo will score high .. I'm looking for amusment value here! :D

Matra et Alpine
09-14-2004, 01:43 PM
Also doing embarrasing acts to get a photo will score high .. I'm looking for amusment value here! :D
Can I make a claim for 19/100 then ?

I had to come out of the pits on a serious track weekend and go amongst the Burberry-brigade talk about NOS and burnouts. I got serious stick when I went back to the real drivers :)

Rockefella
09-14-2004, 02:34 PM
when i went out to lunch today i saw a honda accord with a different colored bodykit and a rediculous spoiler but my cellphone was off and i was in a rush.

Blue Supra
09-15-2004, 01:44 AM
Shame on you Matra! if it had better wheels and wasnt THAT low I would drive that!
Ill go rice hunting on friday night :)

09-15-2004, 09:54 AM
Can I make a claim for 19/100 then ?

I had to come out of the pits on a serious track weekend and go amongst the Burberry-brigade talk about NOS and burnouts. I got serious stick when I went back to the real drivers :)

19/100?! Your pushing it Matra but seeing as you did have to risk every bit of self-respect to get that photo I'll give it to you :p

Im trying my best to arrange to go down to the nearest place with ricers ... hopefully within a week.

Ferrari Tifosi
09-15-2004, 03:36 PM
If only I had a digital camera. :(

Karrmann
09-15-2004, 04:56 PM
From the Knockhill show back in April. I chose NOT to embarras myself by posting it when I did the report :)

Anyway, this was the VeilSide Tokyo car show car and imported into Scotland by CRD Racing as a promo. it was ugly - but sttracted the crowds - most wearing Burberry caps :)

I don't think that's a ricer Matra (engine has been modified)

Matra et Alpine
09-15-2004, 05:01 PM
I don't think that's a ricer Matra (engine has been modified)
true, but the interior had a couple of hundred pounds weight of playstaion, dvd screens, amplifiers and speakers and I think the engine was only there to drive the alternator :) So I don't think it wodl have made much difference to the performance :) (bias!)

Blue Supra
09-15-2004, 05:48 PM
LOL, that probably true. Id leave the interior of it stock except for a nice cd player, some aftermarket speakers (nothing ridiculous, just replace the originals with better quality ones) and maybe a better seat. (matching the interior of course)

Vettribution87
09-29-2004, 06:01 PM
I think the rice fad may be slowly but surely making its mark on our Police cars! :eek:

http://www.acay.com.au/~jbartok/WA_John_Kp140537.jpg
I mean it doesn’t look so bad on the sedan but there are 6cyl wagon versions of this Police car with the same decal scheme (Sorry couldn’t find a pic of the wagon).
If anyone should be accused of over using stickers, decals and excessive lighting then it is the Police. Bloody attention seeking buggers.LOL :p :rolleyes:

PsychoChimp22
09-29-2004, 08:55 PM
That supras not even ricey.... I know that japanese show cars can confuse, but if you really think thats rice you better ask some people what rice really is. :D

PsychoChimp22
09-29-2004, 08:56 PM
I think the rice fad may be slowly but surely making its mark on our Police cars! :eek:

http://www.acay.com.au/~jbartok/WA_John_Kp140537.jpg
I mean it doesn’t look so bad on the sedan but there are 6cyl wagon versions of this Police car with the same decal scheme (Sorry couldn’t find a pic of the wagon).
If anyone should be accused of over using stickers, decals and excessive lighting then it is the Police. Bloody attention seeking buggers.LOL :p :rolleyes:

lol - did u take that yourself?!?!? nice pic, what was that cop thinking?? :rolleyes:

PsychoChimp22
09-29-2004, 08:59 PM
when i went out to lunch today i saw a honda accord with a different colored bodykit and a rediculous spoiler but my cellphone was off and i was in a rush.

I see those all the time, it almost brings tears to my eyes. Theres a tone of em at my school like that, its almost like... :eek: its a trend! :eek:

BTW: I think the nicest car at my school is a Celica GTS 6-speed.

jcp123
09-29-2004, 09:33 PM
come to california. that's almost all you see here now.

or, barring that, go here:

www.riceboypage.com

Vettribution87
09-29-2004, 09:33 PM
lol - did u take that yourself?!?!? nice pic, what was that cop thinking?? :rolleyes:

Nah I don’t have a digital camera. :o
Its just that I saw a wagon version of this Police car cross an intersection on my way to work today an thought "Allo, I smell rice!". I found this pic on a site dedicated to spotting Western Australian Police cars.
Brings an amusing thought to the mind doesn’t it? Coppers talking about NOS and cold air intakes. :rolleyes:

Sarge! Sarge! Can we watch the Fast and the Furious again?;)

PerfAdv
09-29-2004, 11:21 PM
I see what you're saying but in a Police car it's a visibility thing. Kind of like a roving traffic cone with flahing lights. I like it from the point of view of, the cops can never sneak up or hide from speeders in this glow-in-the-dark beauty.

Vettribution87
09-29-2004, 11:41 PM
I see what you're saying but in a Police car it's a visibility thing. Kind of like a roving traffic cone with flahing lights. I like it from the point of view of, the cops can never sneak up or hide from speeders in this glow-in-the-dark beauty.

Yes I know, I know. I’m just jesting. It’s obviously for high-speed pursuit so people know there coming.
Still I don’t understand why they apply the same scheme to the station wagons, which are not pursuit vehicles at all. :confused:

Still I challenge anyone to find more flamboyantly decorated Police cars in active street duty then the ones we have here in Western Australia.

jcp123
09-29-2004, 11:45 PM
Well the Los Angeles Police have a top-fuel dragster... :D id love to see that in a chase :rolleyes:

Mustang
09-30-2004, 08:13 AM
www.anti-rice.com

this should be good ill get some pics tomorrow maybee if i can, if not it will be next wednesday or thursday

http://www.anti-rice.com/rice18/2926315.jpg

http://www.anti-rice.com/rice18/woodwardh.jpg

09-30-2004, 09:39 AM
I wouldn't really consider that police car rice .. and the colours arent only for pursuit .. if theres a man with a gun and a child in a street and demands 6 cream pies you want to get there fast and you want space to fit it. Station wagons are still used for pursuit though .. British police cars are much more decal'd than that.

As for you Mustang .. Teddying and Rice are 2 different things :D (and if you were to seriously submit that; its not your picture :p) I bet the teddies are worth more than the car :)

Blue Supra
09-30-2004, 09:53 AM
You should see the XR8 pursuit car the cops have here, resprayed gold with blue stickers all over it. It looks hot i rekin but i dont think that the cops need a car like that. sorry i dont have a pic...

PsychoChimp22
10-01-2004, 08:44 PM
www.anti-rice.com

this should be good ill get some pics tomorrow maybee if i can, if not it will be next wednesday or thursday

http://www.anti-rice.com/rice18/2926315.jpg

http://www.anti-rice.com/rice18/woodwardh.jpg

Both grate padding for when you crash.... lol :D

whiteballz
10-01-2004, 09:01 PM
^ or if you catch fire it will burn and make noxious gas to make the fire tickle.

Blue Supra
10-01-2004, 11:39 PM
I found this, its the old highway patrol car, its been superceded by a SS in same colour scheme:p whats my score?

http://auspolcars.fateback.com/afp/xr8_gm_5.jpg
http://auspolcars.fateback.com/afp/xr8_rs_2.jpg

oh and if any of you want to know where i work this is my window...

10-02-2004, 03:50 AM
Once someone finds Fibreglass laden Police car with neons etc then I might consider it. I will give you 3/100 though Blue Supra because that squad car has Clear Lexus style sirens :p

PsychoChimp22
10-02-2004, 10:46 PM
Bah humbug!!!!!! I just say 3 perfect (horribly shatty) ricers parked right next to eachother and forgot my camera!!! GURRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRr!!!!!!

Blue Supra
10-03-2004, 07:14 AM
only 3!!! i challenge anyone to find a ricier cop car!!!

Blue Supra
10-05-2004, 12:56 AM
OMIGOSH!! i saw a bright purple:eek: hyundai excel, with bling mags, fart can, chrome tail lights shatty body kit etc etc if i wasnt driving i wouldve taken a shot on my camera phone. DAMIT!

Egg Nog
10-05-2004, 01:28 AM
I took these a while back just because of the heinous factor... the car was non-turbo, stock brakes, etc. This car was completely stock - (adding a fart cannon doesn't constitute a performance modification if you ask me).

Just gross!

Blue Supra
10-05-2004, 01:31 AM
ewwww

Vettribution87
10-05-2004, 05:00 PM
Still I challenge anyone to find more flamboyantly decorated Police cars in active street duty then the ones we have here in Western Australia.

I found this, its the old highway patrol car, its been superceded by a SS in same colour scheme:p whats my score?
http://www.ultimatecarpage.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=53033&stc=1&thumb=1

oh and if any of you want to know where i work this is my window...

I stand corrected :eek:

Esperante
10-05-2004, 05:21 PM
I took these a while back just because of the heinous factor... the car was non-turbo, stock brakes, etc. This car was completely stock - (adding a fart cannon doesn't constitute a performance modification if you ask me).

Just gross!

Is it safe? Let's poke it with a stick....

10-06-2004, 11:47 AM
Now were talking :D 55/100 .. unpainted carbon fibre bonnet, pointless spoiler, rear lights are somewhat crap (oh I have a great vocabulary ;)), pointless fibreglass "cladding" :) , tinted windows, "fart cannon" (anti-rice has had an influence on some :D). I give up on naming all the other terrible things done to this car ... however, this car is not completley embarrasingly ricerish because its not yet falling apart .. the base car generally good and the alloys arent oversized .. if you wanna score high the car has to be really funny in a lame way .. nice attempt though .. cant say I wouldnt be embarrased to own it :rolleyes:

Esperante
10-06-2004, 04:31 PM
OH SNAP!!!!!!!!! (that phrase is big here in Milwaukee)

I rode the bus home, and on the way I saw a total ricer crushed up by a Ford F-350. Nobody was hurt, so it was so freakin funny I wish I had my camera. That F-350 made the world a better place. :D

F1_Master
10-06-2004, 05:35 PM
OK, I love your idea, but first off, just going out an spotting a car that may look ugly, but has all kinds of matching things, then you have to decide. See, I don't like people calling SOME cars ricers, when they have no idea if the car actually has the power.

You see, me and 2 friends went to a show, and he didn't want to go b/c he thought all the cars were ricers. To him, any car modified is rice except a Skyline, which doesn't surprise me since almost everyone who sees a modified Skyline thinks its totally not-rice. Anyways, soon as we got there, I showed him a RX-7. He said, "Look at that dumb ricer." He got told. The owner told us there was more money invested in the engine than any where else on the car. The car produced near 530HP. To me any car that looks ridiculous, and still has that kind of power isn't rice. NO matter what the mods.

I just don't like people giving cars that have tons of power a bad name when they have no idea what's inside the hood. Sry to rant, but its' true. BUT a car with different manu. emblems on it, or totally outrageous stuff that really doesn't belong can be ricer.

BTW, my longest post ever. Hehe. Sry to rant. Have fun your game. :D

10-07-2004, 09:32 AM
Is there any excuse for making a car uglier and heavier? If you really want to make a car fast you dont add weight and you most definatley dont add a bodykit unless it has some aerodynamic efficiency. The problem is most do not. Car maufacturers spend millions trying to get good aerodynamics and one example of this is the Skyline which was researched by a bunch of people. They went to car shows such as Max Power ones and took down notes and photos. From this they found that all of the bodykits they tested actually ruined the aerodynamics by creating various areas of turbulence .. the most worrying turbulence created was along the under-pan of the car which was creating more turbulence because of the bodykit ruining the airflow than a skyline with the bottom exposed. There is no excuse for bodykits. Oh .. 500+bhp in an RX7 is called "overpower" .. how is an RX7 meant to put that power to the ground? People can say that if your cars fast then you can put bodykits on it but thats like saying Olympic sprinters are fast so they can wear metal armour and clown shoes.

Woah .. I respect the person who can be bothered to read every word of that :D Ill have a look in the attic tonight to see if i can find the booklet with the research stuff .. they researched loads of Jap cars.

Esperante
10-08-2004, 06:41 PM
there is an excuse if the body kit is carbon fibre, therefore much lighter.

10-09-2004, 01:02 AM
Its still adding weight on though ... carbon fibre is just as light as fibre glass anyway .. carbon fibre is just stronger. Still doesnt mean it reduces drag.

Esperante
10-24-2004, 04:05 PM
RICE ALERT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
The view from my front lawn :(

and yes, those are spinners :(

Blue Supra
10-24-2004, 06:45 PM
The only ricey thing there is the spinnnnnerrrzzzzz...

Esperante
10-25-2004, 06:44 PM
look in the background........
I went on another legnthy bikeride and I saw these two ricers. I tried sooooo hard not to laugh out loud :D

Vettribution87
10-25-2004, 06:54 PM
RICE ALERT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
The view from my front lawn :(

http://www.ultimatecarpage.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=59281&stc=1&thumb=1

and yes, those are spinners :(

I can see that’s a very popular colour in you’re neighbourhood. lol

Esperante
10-25-2004, 07:03 PM
Actually the Saturn's a purplish, but you can't tell cause it was in shadow from the view I took.

Blue Supra
10-25-2004, 09:51 PM
whatever that 2nd car is its hilarious
"da racing stripe adds 50 HP mate!"
:D good find:)

Esperante
10-26-2004, 05:57 AM
Chevy Baretta or something along those lines....

10-26-2004, 07:24 AM
Woah ... youve been busy Esperante. Im in Chicago at the moment so sorry I havent replied earlier. Anyway .. Now this is what im looking for. Made with the precision only an ape wearing boxing gloves could achieve and the style 1984. Now I'll set this as the benchmark at 75/100 .. I challenge anyone to beat it :D I might go take some pictures of some rice when im in Downtown Chicago .. nothing beats the extremeties of the rice near my home town though :rolleyes:

Esperante
10-26-2004, 07:49 AM
Nahh, see Chicago is where all the wealthy people are. Milwaukee is two hours north of Chicago, where all the wannabes are. There are SOOOOOOOOOOOOOO many ricers in Milwaukee, but usually I get my camera out too late or they're so ugly the lens breaks. Trust me, this is probably the best ricers you'll see ever.

Blue Supra
10-26-2004, 11:42 PM
If id had my camera with me this morn i would have set a higher benchmark! Integra, sprayed candy pink, dumped, spinnerz, full stupid lookin kit, fart can, and complimentary eye candy in the passenger seat:)

10-27-2004, 06:52 AM
and complimentary eye candy in the passenger seat:)

that wouldve been a 90/100 right there :D

Blue Supra
11-02-2004, 10:16 PM
Found this in my local carpark when i went out to move my car, i took snaps of it on my phone, thus the poor quality but it HAD to be done!

jcp123
11-02-2004, 10:34 PM
www.riceboypage.com

Spastik_Roach
11-26-2004, 02:22 AM
Ok i'm resurrecting this thread, tomorrow I should be able to get some kick ass pics of shitty ricers!

clutch-monkey
11-26-2004, 03:58 AM
i posted this somewhere else, and it wasn't on the street but at a show, but still....

Blue Supra
11-26-2004, 04:40 AM
what the hell did they do to that renault!!!:eek:

clutch-monkey
11-26-2004, 04:49 AM
at least the workmanships good.... its just an epic exercise in bad taste