PDA

View Full Version : I noticed.....

Karrmann
09-14-2004, 06:44 PM
I saw an Expedition and it had a whole part behind the suspension that was completely exposed, I thought that was stupid, grit can get in there and damage something, and people are wondering why Fords are always breaking down

johnnynumfiv
09-14-2004, 06:50 PM
Not all fords break down, the family ford taurus wagon has 175,000 miles and has only needed a trans. What part exactly was exposed?

Karrmann
09-14-2004, 06:52 PM
lots, steering cloumn, shocks, engine, trans, motor mount, part of the battery, ore in 2 words, too many

johnnynumfiv
09-14-2004, 07:02 PM
half the stuff on that list are exposed on most cars :)

Egg Nog
09-14-2004, 07:09 PM
You've got some serious kind of grudge going on. I didn't -1 you, but you should really quit singling out Ford and other American car companies. Lots of cars break down. It's an automotive fact of life.

The stuff that you mentioned is exposed (from underneath) on almost all cars. You obviously can't actually debate like you should, and are thus forced to falsify information and use blatant ignorant bias to get your narrowminded opinions across as fact.

Grow up dude. You can do better than this.

Quiggs
09-14-2004, 07:14 PM
If I open my hood, I can see the ground. And my car never- ok almost never- ok sometimes it- alright, it frequently breaks down. (it's actually at the shop right now)

Honestly, you know what cars I see dead on the sides of the road most? Mid 80's Honda Accords, Civics, and Toyota Corollas. All cars break. Some of them more frequently than others. Exposed parts have little to do with it.

sutton4481
09-14-2004, 07:24 PM
Honestly, you know what cars I see dead on the sides of the road most? Mid 80's Honda Accords, Civics, and Toyota Corollas. All cars break. Some of them more frequently than others. Exposed parts have little to do with it.

I have a feeling the reason you see cars like that on the side of the road is cause their American counterparts (Citation, Traser, etc) are in the junkyards

Really though, all this is exposed on the underside of my truck and its been taken off road before and never had any damage done due to the parts being exposed. The only reason you can see these parts on an Expedition is it's an SUV, check under a prius and you'll find all the same parts exposed.

Blue Supra
09-14-2004, 08:03 PM
exposed parts means dirt can get in there and cause trouble. but if youre a responsible car owner then you wont let it get dirty to that point will you Karrman?

Renesis
09-14-2004, 08:11 PM
someone quick: rename this "raggin on karrman thread"

DodgeNitroBIRM
09-14-2004, 08:14 PM
<sighs> And, think, some lawyer somewhere is probably trying to get a law suit JUST because parts are exposed.

Blue Supra
09-14-2004, 08:34 PM
Sad Dodge, but probably true :(

PerfAdv
09-26-2004, 12:05 PM
I saw an Expedition and it had a whole part behind the suspension that was completely exposed, I thought that was stupid, grit can get in there and damage something, and people are wondering why Fords are always breaking down

Japanese cars are the most reliable.....This fact had manufacturers especially European, offering Roadside Assitance and free maintenance. Now everyone is on the roadside assist bandwagon. And American cars are less reliable so some people start thinking they are completely unreliable. If that was the case then rental companies wouldn't use them, taxi services wouldn't either, and Ford wouldn't have sold close to 500,000 Taurus' a year for many years. Generally, people who become accustomed to gas and go Japanese cars everything else becomes unreliable.