PDA

View Full Version : Video section ??

Mustang
09-16-2004, 11:53 AM
Do you guys think that it would be a good idea to have a video section on the forum, maybee run by one member to keep it all in order.

i think that it would be a good idea because then, instead of people looking for vids all over they would just be in one palce and it would be easy to find :)

personally i have alot of vids that i would like to post (as soon as i can find a host for most of them or a place where i can upload them)

so what do you guys think would it be worth having a video area ??

taz_rocks_miami
09-16-2004, 11:56 AM
Isn't the mutimedia section for that and pics? I'm just asking, if not, yeah I'd like to see a video forum.

Mustang
09-16-2004, 12:02 PM
Isn't the mutimedia section for that and pics? I'm just asking, if not, yeah I'd like to see a video forum.

well yeah i kind of guess it is, but i mean a section like where you dont just post little vids that arent too good, one where you post proper links to good videos, so that they are kept seperate, and not just forgotten about

jones.dk
09-16-2004, 12:07 PM
YES PLEASE :p

I would really like that.. i think it would make it a lot easier to find movies instead of they just are spread out all over the multimedia forum....

btw: it would be nice if you maybe could put some system or what ever up, so they would be in alphabetic order (if tis not too much trouble...)

either way i think its a great idea! :cool:

Mustang
09-16-2004, 12:14 PM
YES PLEASE :p

I would really like that.. i think it would make it a lot easier to find movies instead of they just are spread out all over the multimedia forum....

btw: it would be nice if you maybe could put some system or what ever up, so they would be in alphabetic order (if tis not too much trouble...)

either way i think its a great idea! :cool:

if you go to the top of the main page on any section of the forum, there is a little arrow near the name at the top of the threads if you click that it will arrance them by name :) or atleat i think that is the way, worth a check :)

jones.dk
09-16-2004, 12:38 PM
if you go to the top of the main page on any section of the forum, there is a little arrow near the name at the top of the threads if you click that it will arrance them by name :) or atleat i think that is the way, worth a check :)

Yeah... i know that... but it's sometimes difficult to find them, because people usually calls the threads something like: "brand new ferrari Enzo video".... and then arranging the threads alphabetically doesnt really help much... but as i said before... if its too much trouble, I can live with the original idea aswell :p ;)

Matra et Alpine
09-16-2004, 12:59 PM
Do you want UCP to host the videos or just a place to keep links ?

The former has large impact on the bandwidth Wouter has to pay for and it might get hard to continue to do that for free :(

Mustang
09-16-2004, 03:16 PM
Do you want UCP to host the videos or just a place to keep links ?

The former has large impact on the bandwidth Wouter has to pay for and it might get hard to continue to do that for free :(

well i know it would be nice to host the videos, maybee we could have a syatem that's say a bit like Jabbas where senior members or members who are able to give rep (ie. over 25) can access this area,

iIf not then i think it would be a good idea to have a place where you can post JUST video links, and maybee have me as mod of the forum part :) ;)

Ciscoheat
09-16-2004, 03:25 PM
A dedicated vid section would be a very good add on to have to UCP, with each video giving a description, i.e., length, quality.

Matra et Alpine
09-16-2004, 04:17 PM
When giving support, please also indicate how much you'd be willing to pay for the privelage or accept more advertising.

See http://video.msn.com/video/p.htm?menu=MSN%20Video%20Enhanced&menuItem=MSN%20Video%20Enhanced for how obtrusive the advertising on a 'free' video channel can get :(

I'm for the idea, I think it WOULD be good.
But we need to be realistic.
Bandwidth doesn't come for free.
Hosting videos could easily multiply by 10 the monthly bandwidth needed by the server. It would likely need a larger server to supply multiple video feeds. All needs funding :(

Blue Supra
09-16-2004, 08:34 PM
seems like your clued up on the tech side of stuff there.

its true, to host videos, especially streaming vids, takes massive ammounts of bandwidth. i think it would be nice, but the ends dont really justify the cost. especially if wouter has to foot the bill.

Rockefella
09-16-2004, 09:06 PM
If it can be arranged, i think it would be a great idea. Mustang gets my vote for being a video-forum mod.

GTR Dreamer
09-16-2004, 09:10 PM
yea i agree, with matra.
maybe you know how there is 'matts high res hideout' and 'chopforums' sub forums, maybe you could just have another one 'videos'
where anything to do with videos is posted there, they can just be links if you want, i guess. good idea though mustang