PDA

View Full Version : Wow

16-4Veyron
10-04-2003, 08:16 PM
This is sure a quite place, 3 threads!!! (now 4)
This pointless thread makes up for 25% of all classic fourms
Sad
What kinda cars do you guys like anyway?

SL500
10-05-2003, 12:00 PM
Originally posted by 16-4Veyron
Sad
The name of the thread is like my thread (Wow!!!!!)sux,anyway

henk4
10-06-2003, 01:24 PM
how about this one, Horch 853, my grandfather owned one during the fifties.

henk4
10-06-2003, 01:27 PM
or this one, BMW 3200 Super

crasy_for_cars
10-08-2003, 11:44 AM
i dont relly like those i cars i like this one or other ones like them, it is a nice car

SL500
10-08-2003, 12:28 PM
Originally posted by crasy_for_cars
i dont relly like those i cars i like this one or other ones like them, it is a nice car
what is your problem?
its a classic cars thread
im a big mercedes fan,but this SLR must get out of here

sandwich
10-08-2003, 01:56 PM
...he spelled his name wrong....

BANNED: I can see it coming

360evolution
10-08-2003, 07:38 PM
Originally posted by SL500
what is your problem?
its a classic cars thread
im a big mercedes fan,but this SLR must get out of here
lol you know when SL500 is rejecting mercedes pics that there is a problem.

crisis
10-09-2003, 12:51 AM
Originally posted by 16-4Veyron
Sad
Could it be that classic cars are not all that interesting to most people. Or is it that the majority of people on this site are under 18 years old. Either way I never really understood the classic thing. Not unless it was something from the era that you may have driven and are on some nostalgia trip. Even so I would rather have my current car/s than anything I ever owned previously.

henk4
10-09-2003, 03:42 AM
Originally posted by crisis
Could it be that classic cars are not all that interesting to most people. Or is it that the majority of people on this site are under 18 years old. Either way I never really understood the classic thing. Not unless it was something from the era that you may have driven and are on some nostalgia trip. Even so I would rather have my current car/s than anything I ever owned previously.

Crisis, I am 54, I like classic cars, and (referring to your post about hated cars) I drive drive a diesel engined, FWD, French estate, with soft hydropneumatic suspension, Oh boy you must hate me, but I can live with that. It is fortunate the that guy who runs this site has inherited a few of my preferences, so the world gets to see other cars than just the latest.

SL500
10-09-2003, 06:12 AM
Originally posted by 360evolution
lol you know when SL500 is rejecting mercedes pics that there is a problem.
hehehehehe-coz that pic is really old,from 99,the SLR CONCEPT !!
and man its a classic cars thread,the 99 SLR?!

anyway,i luv mustangs(60's) very much.

crisis
10-09-2003, 05:03 PM
Originally posted by henk4
Crisis, I am 54, I like classic cars, and (referring to your post about hated cars) I drive drive a diesel engined, FWD, French estate, with soft hydropneumatic suspension, Oh boy you must hate me, but I can live with that. It is fortunate the that guy who runs this site has inherited a few of my preferences, so the world gets to see other cars than just the latest.
My dear friend. I do not hate you for you choice in cars. Granted it is diametrically opposed to my own preference but we're talking cars here. I was reluctant to join that thread about hated cars but did so for a bit of fun. I dont care what anyone drives and the reason there are so many differing types of cars is that cars are not mearly forms of transport to people like us. My comment that classic cars were not that interesting to most people on this site seems to be valid when you look at the amount of threads dedicated to them. I do not think however that because I or anyone else is not interested, they should not be represented. I am 40 by the way so not far behind you.

Misho
10-09-2003, 09:46 PM
hehehehehe-coz that pic is really old,from 99,the SLR CONCEPT !!
and man its a classic cars thread,the 99 SLR?!

i swear to God, i couldnt first beleive it when i read this !! there are points about this thread that make it probably the MOST interesting in any car-site forum !!

1) SL500 actually complaining about Mercedes pics ??!?!?!?!?

2) SL500 making a mistake in knowing which Mercedes the car in the pic is ??!?!?!??!?!!? This is the 2003 McLaren SLR and not the '99 concept he mentioned !!

I really cant beleive this.

henk4
10-10-2003, 07:42 AM
My dear friend. I do not hate you for you choice in cars. Granted it is diametrically opposed to my own preference but we're talking cars here. I was reluctant to join that thread about hated cars but did so for a bit of fun. I dont care what anyone drives and the reason there are so many differing types of cars is that cars are not mearly forms of transport to people like us. My comment that classic cars were not that interesting to most people on this site seems to be valid when you look at the amount of threads dedicated to them. I do not think however that because I or anyone else is not interested, they should not be represented. I am 40 by the way so not far behind you.

I like your reply, and I agree that the majority of the visitors here is certainly half my age and possibly also half yours. I was not seriously thinking that you would hate me, I just found it remarkable that my car combines so many of the elements you appear to hate in them. As far as I know Australia has only a very limited automotive tradition, could that partly explain your lack of interest in classic cars? (you will now possibly come up with a whole range of cars that I have never heard of, but never too old to learn)

<AAA-MOD>
10-10-2003, 07:42 AM
Originally posted by Misho
i swear to God, i couldnt first beleive it when i read this !! there are points about this thread that make it probably the MOST interesting in any car-site forum !!

1) SL500 actually complaining about Mercedes pics ??!?!?!?!?

2) SL500 making a mistake in knowing which Mercedes the car in the pic is ??!?!?!??!?!!? This is the 2003 McLaren SLR and not the '99 concept he mentioned !!

I really cant beleive this.

I believe you're wrong and SL500 is correct. That pic is of the convertible SLR, which hasn't been confirmed for production, therefore it IS the concept model. Mercedes only had three SLRs in Frankfurt and all were coupes. there haven't been any production convertible images released on the press site yet.

SL500
10-10-2003, 11:53 AM
Originally posted by MMO
I believe you're wrong and SL500 is correct. That pic is of the convertible SLR, which hasn't been confirmed for production, therefore it IS the concept model. Mercedes only had three SLRs in Frankfurt and all were coupes. there haven't been any production convertible images released on the press site yet.
Yes,i said it at first
hehehe,Misho;)

Misho
10-10-2003, 01:44 PM
its not a '99 pic though ! so i still have something to be happy about ! :D

SL500
10-10-2003, 10:49 PM
its not a '99 pic though ! so i still have something to be happy about ! :D
Man that was a 99 pic,you must know that before
and like what?:rolleyes:

Misho
10-11-2003, 01:27 PM
Man that was a 99 pic,you must know that before
and like what?:rolleyes:

i really dont understand what u mean man !!
its all good though !!

SL500
10-12-2003, 12:46 AM
i really dont understand what u mean man !!
its all good though !!
hehe
okay,i understand:)

crisis
10-12-2003, 04:54 PM
I like your reply, and I agree that the majority of the visitors here is certainly half my age and possibly also half yours. I was not seriously thinking that you would hate me, I just found it remarkable that my car combines so many of the elements you appear to hate in them. As far as I know Australia has only a very limited automotive tradition, could that partly explain your lack of interest in classic cars? (you will now possibly come up with a whole range of cars that I have never heard of, but never too old to learn)
Hate is too strong a word for how I feel about those things anyway. The Earliest mass produced car in Australia was the 48-215 Holden sometimes referred to as an FX (1948- 1953). In the eyes of a lot of Australians it is the classic Australian car although it was obviously influenced by US designs. the Holden car company came from a background of horse carriage building and is now owned by GM. I dont know if I can explian my lack of interest in classic cars. I genuinely like the look of modern designs better with some exeptions but I also look at things pragmatically and believe modern cars do nearly everything better than older designs.

Falcon500
10-13-2003, 06:07 AM
Bolwell nagris and XY falcons.
And crisis i find it hard to belive you find no fondness for older cars! while ill stick to my comment what ever floats your boat but there has to be some old classic iron that stirs somtnhing in you.
I personally find most new cars lacking in persoannlity and soul id prefer an older car anyday of the week though there are quite a few new cars i like.

SL500
10-13-2003, 09:07 AM
1948 Buick Roadmaster

henk4
10-13-2003, 01:05 PM
Hate is too strong a word for how I feel about those things anyway. The Earliest mass produced car in Australia was the 48-215 Holden sometimes referred to as an FX (1948- 1953). In the eyes of a lot of Australians it is the classic Australian car although it was obviously influenced by US designs. the Holden car company came from a background of horse carriage building and is now owned by GM. I dont know if I can explian my lack of interest in classic cars. I genuinely like the look of modern designs better with some exeptions but I also look at things pragmatically and believe modern cars do nearly everything better than older designs.

Yes I knew about the Holden, and when I saw the picture it reminded me of the Buick that SL500 just posted above. The car looks like a plain Chevry, brushed up with a Buick grille. I think you do have a point that modern cars do (not even nearly) everything better than classics, but somehow there is the charm that you can experience how it was once and enjoy that. Being pragmatical pays off in Holland for classics as they are tax exempt when over 25 years of age.

crisis
10-13-2003, 04:26 PM
Originally posted by Falcon500
Bolwell nagris and XY falcons.
And crisis i find it hard to belive you find no fondness for older cars! while ill stick to my comment what ever floats your boat but there has to be some old classic iron that stirs somtnhing in you.
I personally find most new cars lacking in persoannlity and soul id prefer an older car anyday of the week though there are quite a few new cars i like.
I wouldnt say I have no fondness. I would like to get my hands on a two door HQ LS Monaro. I owned on when I was 20 and for nostalgia I would like one now. They are not exactly classic and it drove like a floppy truck. The 4.2lt V8 probably put out less power than a Hyundai but it looked and sounded good. Their are old cars that I like but real classics, the type manufactured 50 or so years ago really hold little interest. I really am a worshipper of technology.

crisis
10-13-2003, 04:36 PM
Yes I knew about the Holden, and when I saw the picture it reminded me of the Buick that SL500 just posted above. The car looks like a plain Chevry, brushed up with a Buick grille. I think you do have a point that modern cars do (not even nearly) everything better than classics, but somehow there is the charm that you can experience how it was once and enjoy that. Being pragmatical pays off in Holland for classics as they are tax exempt when over 25 years of age.
I like the tax exempy bit for cars over 25 years. I dont understand how the government rationalizes it though. Cars over 25 years, unless carefully and lovinlgy restored , are generally run down boxes of shit. They invariably produce more emissions and are less economical and less safe. While all of this doesnt particularly stress me, I thought that these factors would be more than enough reason for any government to find an excuse to charge a premium if anything. I thought you Europeans were especially environmentally concious. Our bunch of tax feinds cant get enough of our money. You pay GST on top of a 4% stamp duty. Tax on tax. And it occurs every time a car is sold.

Falcon500
10-13-2003, 09:01 PM
The FX holden crisis put up there its not suprise it reminds you of a an old chev Henk4 the origonal design was based on a buick design they didnt want and the "grey" 6 pot engine was a redisgn of the chevrolet 6 of the time the grey engine depite the fact it didnt have too much in the guts departmart it was suprisingly ecconmical for its time.
Well crisis the main reson i like older cars is thwe fact that i gre up around 2 65 studebakers and a genuine XW GT (non-HO) i aslo persoanly own a XY falcon 500 which you can view in the MY falcon section in users cars. Also theres my old mans ever faithful datsun 1000 which he has owned since 72 i think it was so its really what i grew up with.
I find that a lot of newers cars lack sould as i already mentioned they arnt very light at all rougly 1500 kilos of GT compare the the base 6 cylender falcon XT tipping the scales at 1625 kilos or near enough too. Alos coupled with the fact they are much harder to work with are just a few things that make me like older cars.

henk4
10-14-2003, 01:24 AM
I like the tax exempy bit for cars over 25 years. I dont understand how the government rationalizes it though. Cars over 25 years, unless carefully and lovinlgy restored , are generally run down boxes of shit.

In our country every day cars hardly last for more than 10 years, if they don't arrive on the scrapyard, they will be exported to Africa or Eastern Europe. What is left are indeed the cared-fore ones, that are used scarcely. Some older cars can be fitted with LPG installations, which burns very clean, others have to be converted to allow the use of lead free petrol. As they overall don't con tribute too much to the general pollution levels, the Government does not care too much as well.

Falcon500
10-14-2003, 03:18 AM
that is very sad indeeed hank4 our country at least allows for historic registration and is also allowing seasonal registration nowdays for cars that are off the road for more then 3 months it allows you to stop the rgistration and start again for a minimum of 3 months and a maximum of 9 months.

henk4
10-14-2003, 03:45 AM
that is very sad indeeed hank4 our country at least allows for historic registration and is also allowing seasonal registration nowdays for cars that are off the road for more then 3 months it allows you to stop the rgistration and start again for a minimum of 3 months and a maximum of 9 months.

Actually I would not call it sad. We don't have to pay tax at all. The population of over 25 year old cars is currently actually increasing, both through imports but also to sticking with 20 year or so cars, which inevitably will turn 25 one day.
Insurance can be arranged as well, taking into the limited mileage that these cars would normally do. However you would be surprised to see many Citroen DS's on the road here, which are actually used on a daily basis. I think that is a testimony of the great qualities of this car that is still effortlessly capable of keeping up with modern traffic. It requires much more attention then a modern one, but the drive is still very rewarding.

Falcon500
10-14-2003, 04:04 AM
NO TAX are you serious? :eek: well its good to see sort of a revival in the usage of older cars there. Citroen cars are odd to me its mainly the layout of the dash board and other odds and ends they are that differnt i could almost call them alien (not saying their bad cars though just diffrent to what im used too).
I find that a lot of newer cars need more attention then older ones of course my older cars are datsun which are all but unkillable and the rest are american v8s which hold out fairly well.
Though i do agree driving somthing with charicter and felling is most rewarding.

henk4
10-14-2003, 04:12 AM
One such as this my daily drive, doesn't look tooo alien isn't it? It still has the unique suspension though.

Falcon500
10-14-2003, 04:32 AM
That is quite a good looking by anyones standards nice car!
What i ment was that the dashboard is quite differnt the citroen i sat in it was a challange to find the blinker switch (usually on the stering collum) but in this citoren i was in it was on sort of a switch on the left and side of the dash i wouldent of found it if it didnt have arrows pointing in diffrent diferctions.
And that uniqe suspension is the Hydramatic suspension or somthing like that isnt it? It rides very smoothly from what i hear and you can adjust it from the cabin. One thing im wondering is there any problems with the suspension? is it hard to maintain any actual problems with it? i huavent had any experiance in the hydromatic suspension.

henk4
10-14-2003, 04:48 AM
Thank you, you will be able to get some details about this one and about my car in the Citroen section of this site.

no suspension problems, just needed to change the spheres (after 160000 km). It is maintenance free. There are actually three ride positions for the car, normal, high, which you can only use at very slow speeds or to make it easier for earlier people to get into the car, or when you want to load your trays of beer in the back. There is also a very low position, which is useless.
During the night the car will sink in, and before departing the system needs a few seconds to built up pressure and lift the car.

The suspension is self levelling and although under heavy loading the car will sink in, as soon as the engine is running the suspension will level the car.

Changing a wheel is easy, just put the car in top position, put the jack where it has to be, and then lower the car again and the wheel will turn in the air. (don't forget to loosen the bolts first).

The whole system is patented by Citroen, and the only other company that ever used it was Rolls Royce but for the rear axle only.

Current dash design and switches are nothing unusual, only in the good tradition of Citroen I disconnected the automatic repositioning of the indicator handle. I have to do that manually, but it stays on whatever movement the car is making.

Falcon500
10-14-2003, 05:34 AM
Amazing system by the sound of it also dont those little english mini metros use the same system? It sounds like really good system i rember my grandfather telling mr stories about the ciroen he got to drive in like the 50s where he could adjust the ride hight.
Well those switches and dashboard layout are just so very differnt in all the cars ive ever been in id never seen anything like it it lamost reminded mr of a cockpit of a trainer jet.

henk4
10-14-2003, 05:46 AM
The mini system used rubber and it was called hydrolastic. The height was not adjustable. The Citroen's system is called hydropneumatic and it uses oil/gas filled spheres. The original dash layout of the DS and the later CX was indeed quite unusual, but after the take-over by Peugeot Citroen was forced to be more conventional, although the current PSA policy appears to allow a more independent stride again but designs as quircky as the DS are not likely to come forward.

By the way the high note of the hydropneumatic system was the Activa version, whereby the system also compensated for body roll. It was first introduced in a very nice purple sports coupe with the same name, of which unfortunately only one was made. It was then later introduced in the Xantia, where the car astonished the ignorant onlooker for being able to corner completely horizontal. at very high speeds Unfortunately this option went at the expense of ride comfort, and it was offered only for a couple of years. (but well ahead of the Mercedes CL of which the Germans claimed that it was the first car to have such a feature).

Falcon500
10-14-2003, 05:58 AM
The germans claim a lot of things! And what a system did they actaully race with it? and if they did was there much sucsess.Another thing i lernt about citroen is they made theworlds first front wheel drive the light 15 of 1934 i think it was.

henk4
10-14-2003, 06:22 AM
The germans claim a lot of things! And what a system did they actaully race with it? and if they did was there much sucsess.Another thing i lernt about citroen is they made theworlds first front wheel drive the light 15 of 1934 i think it was.

Well the DS won the Monte Carlo Rallye, way back when, it was never designed as a sports car. I have added a few pics of a Maserati engined, and shortened SM and one of a CX which was used is a sort of safari rallye.

And no, the Citroen was not the first front wheel driven car, but indeed one the first that managed to get into mass production

henk4
10-14-2003, 06:24 AM
The second XM pic (file size exceeded the maximum

Falcon500
10-14-2003, 06:28 AM
sorry i misquoted my sources first mass produced. So citreon seems to of really had sucsess in rallys pitty also citorens are sort of an uncommon car here the dealer thats near me (in fyswick) seems to only stock a handull of vehicals that are citroens the rest are porsches and peugots.

henk4
10-14-2003, 06:29 AM
and the CX

henk4
10-14-2003, 06:42 AM
sorry i misquoted my sources first mass produced. So citreon seems to of really had sucsess in rallys pitty also citorens are sort of an uncommon car here the dealer thats near me (in fyswick) seems to only stock a handull of vehicals that are citroens the rest are porsches and peugots.

You may also have noticed that Citroen is now in the lead of the constructors WRC championship, albeit with a normally suspended car.

Falcon500
10-14-2003, 06:49 AM
that is also true altoouh i was at the start a little upset with citroen for taking colin McRey off fords hands though i am now quite happy they done it because they hired the Estonian Marko Matin who seems to be quite the future talent.

henk4
10-14-2003, 07:13 AM
if he can keep up with Loeb

SL500
10-14-2003, 08:49 AM
I really luv the 65 Alfa 2600 Pininfarina

SL500
10-14-2003, 08:53 AM
And this one,but a Concept car
51 Buick XP300 Concept

NoOne
10-14-2003, 10:06 AM
Her name's Christine .....

NoOne
10-14-2003, 10:08 AM
Christine again ....1 of the nicest cars of the '50's .... the '58 Plymouth Fury ....

NoOne
10-14-2003, 10:09 AM
A beautiful car that probably wouldn't have amounted any fame if not for the movie

henk4
10-14-2003, 10:17 AM
how about this Imperial?

NoOne
10-15-2003, 06:47 AM
Sorry , its got 2 out of the 3 criteria for being a cool classic .....

1) its huge!!

2) its finned!!

3).... now this is where it misses the mark ....

damn, its too damn ugly!!! :D

NoOne
10-15-2003, 06:48 AM
Now this is done to perfection ....

Falcon500
10-16-2003, 02:52 AM
One of my faveorite cars of all time the ford GT40
One thing im wondering is there any History on american NASCAR racing its somthing i havent managed to find out becuae with the way i understand it the GT40 and other such american classics used to be raced but the information on the NASCAR website reveals jack all.

henk4
10-16-2003, 05:45 AM
NASCAR is only for tin-top racers. I will provoke probably a lot of reactions here but to me NASCAR is not worth being called "motorsport", it is more of a circus and that's probably why they drive around in circles. Anyway, the fact that the NASCAR website does not reveal anything about where classic racers such as the GT40 were used, says it all. At the time of the GT 40 the most relevant US series were the CAn-Am races, which can actually be considered as belonging to the real highlights in motorsport.
Occasionally these cars are being raced in Europe in the SuperSports cup and it is very thrilling to sit near the start/finish line when these cars pull off in a rolling start. All hell unleashed!

Falcon500
10-16-2003, 06:21 AM
They tell you heaps about the drivers which is nice but that doesnt help me any i cant relate with these drivers because i didnt grow up with them and i hardly know any of them. I can relate to the cars because i love american cars but i cant find any info on the cars which is what im after.

crisis
10-16-2003, 05:09 PM
NASCAR must be a cultural thing. Something you are brought up with. It doesnt hold a great appeal for me other than at the Gold Coast Indy race where they try to squeeze these thing around a street circiut. You would have to have great concentration though, not to fall asleep as you go round and round and round and round and round.

henk4
10-17-2003, 01:55 AM
Originally posted by crisis You would have to have great concentration though, not to fall asleep as you go round and round and round and round and round. [/B]

Crisis you forgot at least one time "and round" so you must have fallen asleep.

white devil
10-25-2003, 04:18 PM
this is the 507 bmw

BMW is the best heheh

white devil
10-25-2003, 04:19 PM
here goes the back

henk4
10-26-2003, 03:03 PM
and this BMW?

Batmobile_Turbo
10-26-2003, 04:39 PM
i think nascar is too boring because of the circles. they acctually considered getting rid of the already simple road courses.

DwZX35
10-26-2003, 05:25 PM
http://www.ultimatecarpage.com/forums/attachment.php?s=&postid=12698

is that an open top?

white devil
10-29-2003, 03:12 PM
i liked that last BMW post it was realy good :rolleyes:

But i think hisone was better and more succesful

henk4
10-29-2003, 03:40 PM
Originally posted by white devil
i liked that last BMW post it was realy good :rolleyes:

But i think hisone was better and more succesful

I think I have a better one for you, the 328 MM

henk4
10-29-2003, 03:42 PM
sorry for the alfa, here's the beamer

henk4
10-29-2003, 03:44 PM
and one from the difficult period of BMW as an extra (700 CS)

white devil
10-31-2003, 02:23 PM
Henk4 why don t you go to european car
what i see is that you are a BMW fan like me and i usualy talk lot s about BMW but nobody to support meheheheheh:D
they all don t like BMW and i don t know why:confused:

Venon
10-31-2003, 04:54 PM
Renault Alpine!!

http://www.renault-alpine.com/i/roger1.jpg

http://www.renault-alpine.com/images/mario.jpg

http://www.renault-alpine.com/images/giuseppe.jpg

http://www.renault-alpine.com/images/patrick1.jpg

http://www.renault-alpine.com/i/apex.jpg

http://www.renault-alpine.com/images/laur.jpg

http://xoomer.virgilio.it/nogravitylaws/alpine/alpineimg/Renault%20Alpine%2035.jpg

http://xoomer.virgilio.it/nogravitylaws/alpine/alpineimg/Renault%20Alpine%2036.jpg

Falcon500
11-01-2003, 06:14 AM
what i see is that you are a BMW fan like me and i usualy talk lot s about BMW but nobody to support meheheheheh:D
Well i dont get why you dont like fords like I do but thats what makes us individuals and gives us opions and so on
And i must say venom I am far from a renault fan but i like that alpine:cool:

henk4
11-01-2003, 06:53 AM

Sorry, I hate to disappoint you but the I am not a BMW fan at all, which has more to do with the current drivers than with the cars. (except for the X5 which is a prominent member of my collection of most-hated cars).
There is an interesting column in the November 2003 issue of Thorougbred and Classic Cars, written by Martin Buckley. He discusses BMW styling over the past 40 years, and he also makes the point that BMW has an image problem. "Far too many are driven by flash little tossers and no matter how good they drive, some of us don't want to be tarred with the tossers brush"

The pics I sent were taken from cars that I grew up with (not the 328MM, I am not that old), and could appreciate, but that feeling about new Beamers has long gone.

But this I could accept any time

henk4
11-01-2003, 06:56 AM
Well i dont get why you dont like fords like I do but thats what makes us individuals and gives us opions and so on
And i must say venom I am far from a renault fan but i like that alpine:cool:

I am not so sure that Jean Redele actually liked Renault, if you at the way it all ended for Alpine. But I do like the cars, so here we go

Venon
11-01-2003, 07:01 AM
wonderful Alpine!:D

henk4
11-01-2003, 07:32 AM
OK, if you like them, here a few more

Venon
11-01-2003, 07:36 AM
;) ;)

henk4
11-01-2003, 07:41 AM
and this one, with a proud would be owner

henk4
11-01-2003, 07:46 AM
and one in a very famous livery

Venon
11-01-2003, 07:51 AM
eheh! ^^

Venon
11-01-2003, 07:52 AM
and one in a very famous livery

this one is veeeeeeeery nice! :D :D

henk4
11-01-2003, 08:09 AM
and not for the fainthearted

Falcon500
11-01-2003, 04:49 PM
I only own 1 picture of a BMW and here it is.
There is a young bloke whos a pizza boy who owns one and he thinks hes king shit because he drives a BMW but the sad fact is hes manged to stall it nearly every time he drives it and he cant do a burnout in it (he has been trying) I know thats all the drivers fault but thaty doesnt do the car maker any favors.

Venon
11-02-2003, 02:45 AM
and not for the fainthearted

http://www.shom.it/smiles/bigeek.gif

beautiful!!!:D :D ;)

white devil
11-03-2003, 03:53 PM
this is the best classic car for me and i just saw it on ULTIMATECAREPAGE it s been added today it s realy nice

white devil
11-03-2003, 04:01 PM
and here is the back

henk4
11-04-2003, 03:19 AM
yes you are right about the Glas, too bad there is no picture of the interior, with its splendid collection of dials. I don't have one either.
The main drawback of the car was the very short wheelbase, which is even obvious from just looking at the pictures, ride was less comfortable than should be expected.

white devil
11-04-2003, 02:54 PM
i also didn t find an pic for the inside i might after cause i don t have much time:p

RS6
11-11-2003, 02:29 PM
That GLAS is a bit ugly. I'd go for a 2002 Turbo as a classic BMW.

Ferrari Tifosi
01-21-2004, 08:18 PM
I love old Italian cars, such as Alfa Romeo's 8C Monza, Ferrari 166 MM's, and Maserati Birdcage's. I also love old British cars, Jaguar XK-SS and AC Cobra's (Well that's mostly British)

lfb666
01-22-2004, 05:55 AM
Jaguar MK9 - 1961, Jaguar XK150 - 1957, Citroen 15CV and Jaguar MK2 - 1962.

Matra et Alpine
01-22-2004, 06:31 AM
I am not so sure that Jean Redele actually liked Renault, if you at the way it all ended for Alpine. But I do like the cars, so here we go
Reanult were e "necessary evil" for the Alpine factory to continue.
Dieppe were strongly independant and if you neede help on an Alpine it was best to call them direct. Channels via Renault were not very helpful :)

lfb666
01-22-2004, 06:51 AM
Alpine More Pictures...