PDA

View Full Version : PETITION to reinstate Rep points.

Pages : [1] 2

Fabio Ferrari
09-17-2004, 10:34 PM
Alright I have spoken with a few members of UCP and they are all threatening to leave UCP because, we have lost our Rep points. Everyone who had points either - or + we earned them and we deserve the right to have them. I am very disapointed myself, I enjoyed reading why people have given me rep, now if a memeber will mention something worth reading or if a member does an amazing chop, there will be nothing to show for it. So I ask whoever is in favour of reinstating the Rep points please sign you member name in a post. So maybe we can get the Moderators to reinstate the rep points. Thank You very much to everyone who has ever been a part of UCP.

Fabio Ferrari
09-17-2004, 10:35 PM
Fabio Ferrari

GTR Dreamer
09-17-2004, 10:37 PM
GTR Dreamer

foto_choppa
foto_choppa

werty
Werty :)

btw, im not bringing back pics unless rep is given back

ooh here's a good threat....ibfr said to me...

So let me get this straight......

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Your holding your pics to ransom?

if you think this is going to get us to change our minds, your making it worse.

I am now dead against reinstating Rep, if it means we lose a few Fair-Weather users, than i'm all for it.

Feel free to do as you will, expect your actions to be ignored by the modding team.

Cheers,
IB4R.

i guess he speaks for evryone now :p

85RX7
09-17-2004, 10:43 PM
85rx7

Rico
09-17-2004, 10:44 PM
-Rico

SPN:DOC
09-17-2004, 10:52 PM
Spn : Doc

werty
09-17-2004, 11:12 PM
so basically now we are just a bunch of nobodies on ucp, according to the mod team, and we are of no great loss....that really pisses me off, im out here for sure :mad:

foto_choppa
09-17-2004, 11:15 PM
without members, ucp will go down eventually. and we dont want that so please bring back rep.

IBrake4Rainbows
09-17-2004, 11:19 PM
Like i've been saying, if you guys want to leave, it's your own choice.

if all that you have done on the forums is pointless to you if you don't have rep, then maybe it's time to look at your priorities, and not blame us.

If all this forum is to you is a place to get kudos from your internet friends, then maybe it is not us who have the problem.

foto_choppa
09-17-2004, 11:27 PM
Like i've been saying, if you guys want to leave, it's your own choice.

if all that you have done on the forums is pointless to you if you don't have rep, then maybe it's time to look at your priorities, and not blame us.

If all this forum is to you is a place to get kudos from your internet friends, then maybe it is not us who have the problem.
so your ideal forum is boring and bland?

IBrake4Rainbows
09-17-2004, 11:31 PM
My ideal forum is one without so much conflict and attention grabbing that it becomes boring, we need to strike a balance. and being so hardline won't help any of us.

Blue Supra
09-17-2004, 11:32 PM
Thats not what hes saying! You're all acting like a bunch of kindergarten kids!
Ask yourselves why do you come here? Is it so you can get more little green things next to your name? or is it to post and talk and discuss with other members? i understand that attaining rep is good, i enjoyed getting a rep boost, but its not the thing i come here for! i have learnt soooo much from coming here! i hope you all have too! rep is not what you should come here for! if it is then youve got issues and need to look at yourself in the mirror gentlemen!

Rockefella
09-17-2004, 11:33 PM
Rockefella. IB4R, no offense, but you can have fun talking to fanboys who join UCP looking for pics of skylines and the 4 or 5 other mods on the forums that will stay. Eventually the forums will die out. Taking away reputation was a bad choice imo.

holdens
09-17-2004, 11:35 PM
holdens

IBrake4Rainbows
09-17-2004, 11:36 PM
If thats all that mattered to you in these forums, well that says a lot about you, doesn't it.

I've been trying to find a solution, while you have become fanboys to your cause.

If you want to leave it's up to you.

If you want to find a solution, Lets talk.

foto_choppa
09-17-2004, 11:38 PM
i come here to post my art, this is a better place to post because you dont just get words, i get more aknoldgement(dont care about spelling) in the form of reputation, i do not get enjoyment out of people saying 'thats great', i doubt you have ever felt the feeling that you get something in return for something you have spent countless hours or days working on. if you have never felt this you will not understand.

Rockefella
09-17-2004, 11:39 PM
Thats not what hes saying! You're all acting like a bunch of kindergarten kids!
Ask yourselves why do you come here? Is it so you can get more little green things next to your name? or is it to post and talk and discuss with other members? i understand that attaining rep is good, i enjoyed getting a rep boost, but its not the thing i come here for! i have learnt soooo much from coming here! i hope you all have too! rep is not what you should come here for! if it is then youve got issues and need to look at yourself in the mirror gentlemen!

I understand what you're saying B/S, but after most of the forum members made some complaints; some moderators, won't mention any names, called us fair-weather friends and said that ucp would be better off without us. Personally, I enjoyed reputation, and it is a numerical value showing how much of a contribution someone had made to the forums. For example, Werty searched his heart out looking for Enzo pictures to satisfy us, and a thank you could be given to him in positive rep. Now members will be classified by post count, so I think a new, larger problem will arise.

Rockefella
09-17-2004, 11:42 PM
If thats all that mattered to you in these forums, well that says a lot about you, doesn't it.

I've been trying to find a solution, while you have become fanboys to your cause.

If you want to leave it's up to you.

If you want to find a solution, Lets talk.

IB4R, these threads and posts ARE talking. The moderators don't seem to budge though. I don't have too much of a problem not seeing reputation next to my name, but it will bring about bigger problems. (ex. Classifications according to the number of posts you have instead of how much reputation you have.... i've made this point at least 5 times.)

Blue Supra
09-17-2004, 11:43 PM
Why did he search his heart out lookin for enzo pics? was it for his own interests? for your intersts? or for a little number next his name?

Lets get things in perspective here? are we here to give each other little pats on the back and goodonyamate style things? or are we here because we share a love of cars and want to help each other out?

IBrake4Rainbows
09-17-2004, 11:46 PM
If you want reputation, try to tell all those who abuse it to stop.

If you want to deal with the hordes of people who complain about how they never get enough rep or they are unfairly treated, then feel free. We are trying to make the forums a better place for all, not just those who feel like they are feeling mistreated.

I had 106 rep.
Egg Nog had 145
Matra had 176.

They all gave it up so that the forums would run better. why can't you guys?

And only you guys will classify by post count. The rest of us will just have to go by content. Even high rep owners have had the occasional bad post.

I'm open to Ideas OUTSIDE reinstating the rep system. Otherwise i'm not answering this thread, now I feel like i'm being villifyed.

If you need something Concrete to say "Yes, I'm a good person on these forums" then you obviously are insecure in your position. Your all really valuble people, and i apologise for my earlier comment, but if all you want is rep, try Supercars.net.

Spastik_Roach
09-17-2004, 11:46 PM
Please guys. Think of what we really came here for. To interact with people, learn about cars, talk about cars. Not to earn green squares!! Does it really matter? Can't we just PM or post and say what we need to say?

Fabio Ferrari
09-17-2004, 11:47 PM
Well I love talking to anyone about automobiles, it is a passion of mine. I just like getting credit for good posts and good chops of mine, i hope you understand, I love automobiles and that is the final draw.

Spastik_Roach
09-17-2004, 11:48 PM
i like getting postive feedback, i dont care about the numbers.

How about we bring back giving rep, but instead we don't have numbers, just that little place where it tells you what you got rep for! What I mean is, just the feedback, not the numbers.

Spastik_Roach
09-17-2004, 11:49 PM
I can't believe you guys would leave over a pathetic thing like this.

@wall
@wall

personally i come here to gain and share knowledge and the reputation issue is not the be-all or end-all for me. however, the thing i most liked about it was being able to show respect with it to other members. not so much a reward thing, but just acknowledgement of wisdom or skill shared with others. without it, i feel we loose the better form of acknowledging each others postitive contribution...

IBrake4Rainbows
Thats a good solution. But will it please all the number counters?

Rockefella
09-17-2004, 11:50 PM
Why did he search his heart out lookin for enzo pics? was it for his own interests? for your intersts? or for a little number next his name?

Lets get things in perspective here? are we here to give each other little pats on the back and goodonyamate style things? or are we here because we share a love of cars and want to help each other out?

Werty didn't have to post those pics, he satisfied the public by sharing his countless number of pictures. I think the time he spent doing that deserves a rep point.

If you want reputation, try to tell all those who abuse it to stop.

If you want to deal with the hordes of people who complain about how they never get enough rep or they are unfairly treated, then feel free. We are trying to make the forums a better place for all, not just those who feel like they are feeling mistreated.

I had 106 rep.
Egg Nog had 145
Matra had 176.

They all gave it up so that the forums would run better. why can't you guys?

And only you guys will classify by post count. The rest of us will just have to go by content. Even high rep owners have had the occasional bad post.

I'm open to Ideas OUTSIDE reinstating the rep system. Otherwise i'm not answering this thread, now I feel like i'm being villifyed.

If you need something Concrete to say "Yes, I'm a good person on these forums" then you obviously are insecure in your position. Your all really valuble people, and i apologise for my earlier comment, but if all you want is rep, try Supercars.net.

I'd like to see a list of people who complained about not having rep. The only person I can think of is Karrman, but I might even be mistaken with that.

Spastik_Roach
09-17-2004, 11:50 PM
We could even go like Ebay and have like Postive Feedback 94% as an example.. Maybe that would be less controversial..

IBrake4Rainbows
09-17-2004, 11:51 PM
he said yes, he likes rep.

It's a perk, it shouldn't be the reason you come here.

foto_choppa
09-17-2004, 11:51 PM

to get people to a forum, it just has to be better than average, average is just plain old text, abouve average is to have a reward system, if there are no rewards for being good, ucp will spin into a pile of crap. i do NOT want that, and im sure you dont. the quality of posts will slip. then the only reward you can get is being banned. now you understand?

Rockefella
09-17-2004, 11:52 PM
Also, I think people who spent hours creating v-tuned cars on photoshop/paint/photoimpressions/elements, etc. deserve getting some positive reputation with a nice little comment on the side. I find it so much more meaningful getting a rep point than a, "Good job mate"

IBrake4Rainbows
ABOVE AVERAGE TO HAVE A REWARD SYSTEM?

thats like giving treats to kids who post any picture they find off the internet.

I'm putting Spastiks Idea about getting Rep, but no numbers, to the other moderators. If they aren't already reading this.

This is a compromise i'm willing to accept; are you?

junaman
Good idea S_R... JUst have a box for feedback where the rep used to be and ppl could pos their comments there... Wow! this thread is growing quickly!!!

Spastik_Roach
09-17-2004, 11:54 PM
Anyone for my idea of having it like Ebay? Like Postive Feedback 94%?

Fabio Ferrari
09-17-2004, 11:55 PM
I am willing to accept, I can speak for all of those who want their rep back, I am open to new ideas. Alright I am not a child I am older than most of you are on UCP, so how about I speak for the members who want their Rep back, and I hope we can find a solution. :)

IBrake4Rainbows
Rep in disguise there spastik.

Fabio Ferrari

I think that is a good idea.

Rockefella
09-17-2004, 11:56 PM

But it'll be a reason to leave. First pictures that are found to be offensive (two girls kissing?!?) result in a ban, minor cuss words led to bans, humor that may have crossed the line resulted in bans, and now this. I think the forums have gone from PG => pg-13 => G => TV-Y7. (TV-Y7 is like a rating for shows like teletubbies.)

Rockefella
I think that is a good idea.

yes, it is.

IBrake4Rainbows
I don't want any of you to disappear, it's great having you around, but if you guys aren't happy then you have every right to leave. You need to tell us what your upset about or we'll have no clue.

Thanks for this discussion, i think we've all reached something of an agreement.

junaman
09-17-2004, 11:57 PM
With that system ppl will again complain about numbers and about why they got negative/positive feedback

IBrake4Rainbows
09-17-2004, 11:58 PM
Just remember, this is meant to be a partially clean site, and the Avatars were inappropriate. Pretty, but inappropriate. This is a car forum, or had we all forgot that?

foto_choppa
i like getting postive feedback, i dont care about the numbers.

How about we bring back giving rep, but instead we don't have numbers, just that little place where it tells you what you got rep for! What I mean is, just the feedback, not the numbers.
so what you are saying is that you just want to have 2 types of PM's-bah

Blue Supra
Werty didn't have to post those pics, he satisfied the public by sharing his countless number of pictures. I think the time he spent doing that deserves a rep point.

ok thats fair enough, he spends lots of time searching and sharing the pics. but where do you draw the line? i posted yeaterday over a dozen photos before rep was taken away. i didnt get a single rep for it. im not complaining as i posted them just to share them. any rep i got was a bonus, rep is a PART of what makes UCP great to me. rep does not MAKE UCP great.

IBrake4Rainbows
09-17-2004, 11:59 PM
in essence. Keep the comment system of the Rep, but take away the numbers, and leave the red/green squares.

@wall
09-17-2004, 11:59 PM

yep great idea! best yet...

+1 for you joking :D

Fabio Ferrari
09-18-2004, 12:00 AM
rep is a PART of what makes UCP great to me. rep does not MAKE UCP great.

You just back traced on what you said mate. lol :)

Blue Supra
09-18-2004, 12:01 AM
in essence. Keep the comment system of the Rep, but take away the numbers, and leave the red/green squares.

I like it, its a good compromise.

foto_choppa
09-18-2004, 12:02 AM
I don't want any of you to disappear, it's great having you around, but if you guys aren't happy then you have every right to leave. You need to tell us what your upset about or we'll have no clue.

Thanks for this discussion, i think we've all reached something of an agreement.
WE HAVE BEEN SAYING WHY WE ARE UPSET!

Blue Supra
09-18-2004, 12:03 AM
You just back traced on what you said mate. lol :)

this argument is comfusing me... :confused:
in short the rep is good, i liked it, i wont cry about it going though.
i enjoyed it being here but i can see what the mods are saying about it being abused. hope that simplifies my position.

Fabio Ferrari
09-18-2004, 12:03 AM

I do not think it is such a good idea, because if you have either 0 or 50 rep you will still only have 1 bar then things will be more frustrating.

IBrake4Rainbows
09-18-2004, 12:04 AM
but it had to get to the stage of a walkout, now didn't it. No discussion, just anger and the threat of a walkout. Now does that sound like an alert to you?

junaman
09-18-2004, 12:04 AM
HOw about you bring back rep. but make a special forum for people who want to complain about it, that only the mods can see... Or is that too hard on the mods?

IBrake4Rainbows
09-18-2004, 12:05 AM
Rep will not come back in it's present form. Simple.

Spastik_Roach
09-18-2004, 12:05 AM
No Foto Choppa, there are differences. With this system, its easier to see what post you got it for. With PM, you don't always get PMs for positive feedback.

Fabio Ferrari
09-18-2004, 12:07 AM
Rep will not come back in it's present form. Simple.

I think Wouter has the final descision on this topic, no moderator can say this. But how about you and I talk please feel free to PM me please mate.

junaman
09-18-2004, 12:07 AM
On another forum i saw a rep system... where people can give as much rep as they have themselves... This way the rep will be much higher but we will be able to differentiate how many bars someone had... Thihs forum did not have numbers... just bars. Also this may stop the system being abused because you can only give as much as you got...

IBrake4Rainbows
09-18-2004, 12:08 AM
true, but i do have a vote, and as the only moderator on at the moment, i suppose i have to be Wouters voice for the moment.

we'll talk and see what happens.

foto_choppa
No Foto Choppa, there are differences. With this system, its easier to see what post you got it for. With PM, you don't always get PMs for positive feedback.
but its the same thing.

Blue Supra
After Wouter reads this thread i think he'll just be more encouraged to remove rep permanently.

Fabio Ferrari
09-18-2004, 12:09 AM
Alright mate we will talk, let me be the voice for the people who want the Rep back ok. :)

Blue Supra
09-18-2004, 12:11 AM
this is going to become like the Unions negotiating with the bosses about pay! one big long argument thats not going to help alot at all!

IBrake4Rainbows
09-18-2004, 12:11 AM
As long as they are happy with that.

Spastik_Roach
09-18-2004, 12:13 AM
Well IB4R, it does mean there won't be such a controversey over rep numbers, because as long as someone stuck to the rules, they'd always have 100%..

(I'm talking about the Ebay style idea)

IBrake4Rainbows
09-18-2004, 12:14 AM
Ah, but theres always something that'll go wrong. Someone to rort the system.

Blue Supra
09-18-2004, 12:14 AM
theres one of those people at work!
Its me! ;):D

Rockefella
09-18-2004, 12:15 AM
I like how the people of the forums have no say. After all, IB4R said that it is "not coming back, simple."

Rockefella
09-18-2004, 12:15 AM
I think we should use that idea with having no rep number, just boxes; however, each box should represent 20 rep.

Blue Supra
09-18-2004, 12:16 AM
I like how the people of the forums have no say. After all, IB4R said that it is "not coming back, simple."

get over it...

Spastik_Roach
09-18-2004, 12:16 AM
We could at least give it a try IB4R!!

Rockefella
09-18-2004, 12:17 AM
get over it...
I will, by leaving sometime tomorrow. Unless there are changes.

Spastik_Roach
Rockefella, that idea is a bit stupid. It means we still have rep, but we just can't see the number. We count boxes and times by 20 to know wat it is.

IBrake4Rainbows
not in it's present form, read the rest of it, Rockefella. It's that kind of editing that leads people to interpret things incorrectly.

Now your just being bitter. I'm extending a hand out to you guys to tell me what you want, and to try to come to a compromise, but you seem to be inciting a walkout.

Rockefella
And trust me, I'm not alone.

Spastik_Roach
09-18-2004, 12:18 AM
Fine Rockefella, if Rep is all you care about, you can get ****ed.

Rockefella
09-18-2004, 12:19 AM
not in it's present form, read the rest of it, Rockefella. It's that kind of editing that leads people to interpret things incorrectly.

Now your just being bitter. I'm extending a hand out to you guys to tell me what you want, and to try to come to a compromise, but you seem to be inciting a walkout.

fine then, ill keep quite for the rest of the night. Its 3:23 am here, and I'm gonna see what happens. If I'm not satisfied... I'll most likely leave.

Rockefella
09-18-2004, 12:20 AM
Fine Rockefella, if Rep is all you care about, you can get ****ed.
S/R.. its not all i care about, taking away rep against the will of the people, along with all the other things that have happened in the past make me want to leave.

IBrake4Rainbows
09-18-2004, 12:21 AM
If thats how you feel, i'm not going to stop you.

obviously this is not the way you, or i, had seen things pan out.

Blue Supra
I will, by leaving sometime tomorrow. Unless there are changes.

How childish...

r1ckst4
OMG... this is getting so bad.... this argument will never end

just bring the rep system back.... so we can move on... problem solved!

Blue Supra
09-18-2004, 12:23 AM

i can just feel the tension through my screen:D

Rockefella
09-18-2004, 12:26 AM
I think I'm giving off the wrong image here :( . I'm not a fanatic of the rep system, I just like it, its an added incentive of coming to the forums. The reason I would leave is that by removing the rep system, I think the forums would get boring. I came to UCP when I got Bored, not to get bored.

foto_choppa
09-18-2004, 12:26 AM

exactly!

Rockefella
09-18-2004, 12:27 AM
exactly!

I second it :D :D :D ( lets just have a 3 day period w/out rep though, just to see how it goes)

IBrake4Rainbows
09-18-2004, 12:29 AM
It's not that easy.

Rep in it's present form is gone. it's stupid just to put a system back in that wasn't working for the most part.

Sorry guys, but it ain't happening that easily.

Rockefella
09-18-2004, 12:30 AM
It's not that easy.

Rep in it's present form is gone. it's stupid just to put a system back in that wasn't working for the most part.

Sorry guys, but it ain't happening that easily.

it wasnt working well?? :confused:

Blue Supra
09-18-2004, 12:31 AM
I have what may be a stoopid question? the reps been pulled right? so does that mean our reps been deleted with it? ill laugh if it has because then this whole thread will have been almost pointless.

Spastik_Roach
09-18-2004, 12:31 AM
So you're gunna give up all the great threads, chopping competitions, give up talking with very interesting people, give up all the wonderful humour, give up all the information, give up everything? All over a number?!

IBrake4Rainbows
09-18-2004, 12:32 AM
No. It led to jealousy, infighting and a lot of BS which the Mods had to deal with. It's just not doing what it was meant to do, be self regulating.

So it's gone.

IBrake4Rainbows
09-18-2004, 12:35 AM
I think it's time to pull the plug on this thread. It's obviously going nowhere and has digressed into insults.

Either we clean up our act, or i'll close it.

Rockefella
09-18-2004, 12:35 AM
Alright, I understand... I'm just hoping some kind of compromise can be reached. :o

Fabio Ferrari
09-18-2004, 12:36 AM
Alright I am speaking with some of the Moderators, so untill we come to a descision how about we keep it calm here no yelling, and no getting mad with anyone for a liitle bit while i speak with some of the Moderators alright.

Blue Supra
09-18-2004, 12:37 AM
Im sure a compramise can be reached, we just cant get fired up and make threats and insults and stuff.

r1ckst4
09-18-2004, 12:43 AM
I think it's time to pull the plug on this thread. It's obviously going nowhere and has digressed into insults.

Either we clean up our act, or i'll close it

just becoz ur a mod... doesnt mean u can do wot u like... :( let us members hav our say about wot u guys hav done to our reps, the reps that we earned....

IBrake4Rainbows
09-18-2004, 12:50 AM
It has nothing to do with me doing what i please, I am acting as a team. And if you looked i included myself in the Act cleaning up part.

I am taking a break from this to clear my head. I think we all should, really.

r1ckst4
09-18-2004, 12:55 AM
you know wot guys? ders nothing we can do about the rep system now... i know dat some of us (including me) r feeling pretty pissed off about this but ders nothing we can do about it... :( lets just move on shall we?

Rockefella
09-18-2004, 12:56 AM
There is nothing else to do.... :(

Blue Supra
09-18-2004, 12:58 AM
There is nothing else to do.... :(

whats your point?

Hell_Unleashed
09-18-2004, 01:00 AM
whats your point?
I think it was supposed to be more of a question...

IWantAnAudiRS6
09-18-2004, 01:15 AM
Get rep back! We shall not be moved....

fpv_gtho
09-18-2004, 01:16 AM
Too many people are taking this too seriously....so what if theres no rep anymore? We'll survive, we did before.

If you want to give someone credit for someting, give them a PM, hopefully you'll recieve one when somene wants to give you credit. If you want credit for either pictures or a chop you've done, you'll more than likely have already put it in a thread of its own, so people can simply post and say what they think.

Why cant people just give it a month or so and see how things go. Not even a weeks past and theres this....

Celica_89ST
09-18-2004, 01:35 AM
To me and many others (i think) rep is not a competition, it was more like just a novelty right?
Everytime i logged on to UCP the first thing i would see is my rep and if it went up i would be really grateful.
I think that the rep system is a really good novelty which most enjoyed.
think about this, how many people were always arguing about the rep system when it was up? Now with the rep system gone how many people are leaving and are arguing?
More?
Celica_89ST

eyebrows
09-18-2004, 01:52 AM
im signing this not because i have a good rep but because those who do have a good rep deserve it... they deserve the recognition within the site and im sorry but it does encourage those who r whilling to contribute to the site...

eyebrows

Mustang
09-18-2004, 02:01 AM
Personally i dont see what the point in all this is.

Your saying that the only reason that you come to UCP is for the rep ? :confused:

who cares this forum is here to talk about cars, NOT oow i have 50 rep i must be amazing and im not coming back unless you give me rep.

Reap is basically a way of saying well done, Ok, so why not just send them a pm saying well done ?

I dont care if rep stays or goes, thast not what im here for :)

eyebrows
09-18-2004, 02:04 AM
Personally i dont see what the point in all this is.

Your saying that the only reason that you come to UCP is for the rep ? :confused:

who cares this forum is here to talk about cars, NOT oow i have 50 rep i must be amazing and im not coming back unless you give me rep.

Reap is basically a way of saying well done, Ok, so why not just send them a pm saying well done ?

I dont care if rep stays or goes, thast not what im here for :)

i agree, i am here for the cars as well, but public recgonition is different to just sending a pm.

IWantAnAudiRS6
09-18-2004, 02:07 AM
It was fun, I agree, and the poll that I set up showed a majority (nearly double!) wanted rep back... if it was perhaps reinstated with:
a) automatic signing OR it doesn't work unless you sign your name
b) public viewing- everyone can see your good or bads, provoking no "friendly help" or pointless neg-repping.
c) mods check up frequently on the rep.

I for one am staying- even though I really liked my rep, I'm not going to be childish and leave.

Celica_89ST
09-18-2004, 02:13 AM
Although i am agreeing to this petition and i would like the rep system back i would not leave because this website/forum is my most favourite ;)

Blue Supra
09-18-2004, 02:23 AM
Good to see some sense has returned here.

Spastik_Roach
09-18-2004, 02:44 AM
Kinda funny how all the people who had over 100 rep are saying they don't mind it gone, isn't it?

Mustang
09-18-2004, 02:56 AM
Kinda funny how all the people who had over 100 rep are saying they don't mind it gone, isn't it?

:p ;) we achived our goal :p

Blue Supra
09-18-2004, 02:59 AM
i came close to 50, i dont mind its gone :p
one less thing to think about.

Ferrari Tifosi
09-18-2004, 03:39 AM
I still stand by my idea of using PM's to give someone positive/negative feedback on their post. I think its a good medium, it keeps things on a personal level and its out of the way so if someone sent you a PM saying "That was a good, informative post", then you know the took the extra 3-4 minutes doing so. So you can we move on now? Quite being childish brats y'all, like someone else mentioned, you guys sound like 5 year olds that aren't getting their way so their whining about it. MOVE ON and make some good posts.

Mustang
09-18-2004, 03:52 AM
I still stand by my idea of using PM's to give someone positive/negative feedback on their post. I think its a good medium, it keeps things on a personal level and its out of the way so if someone sent you a PM saying "That was a good, informative post", then you know the took the extra 3-4 minutes doing so. So you can we move on now? Quite being childish brats y'all, like someone else mentioned, you guys sound like 5 year olds that aren't getting their way so their whining about it. MOVE ON and make some good posts.

damn rite that deservs a +2 :p

Spastik_Roach
09-18-2004, 03:54 AM

Couldn't of said it better myself. Very well said Ferrari Tifosi.

(I would give rep now. But Now I will send a PM to him to acknowledge his contribution! I think its fine doing this instead of rep. :D )

See how easy it is guys?

I've also thought of one thing about how the PM system is just as good/better. You get to see who gave you the positive/negative feedback! With rep, you could remain anonymous.

Blue Supra
09-18-2004, 04:18 AM
Im interested to hear from Wouter about all this, hopefully he makes an announcement.

Karrmann
09-18-2004, 04:42 AM
Tony

Karrmann

(I want rep back so bad I put my real name in there also)

r1ckst4
09-18-2004, 04:45 AM

oh wow... so just becoz u dont care bout the rep system u can say dat we'r being childish brats? and we sound like 5 year olds???

u know... a lot of these members who keep WHINING (as u sed) had earned all their reps? and they deserved everysingle one of those reps... those reps made these members proud... becoz of all the work they did, all their quality threads... posts...chops...it showed respect and also friendship...

So, ferrari tifosi.. if u dont care about it... just say u dont care...no need to call us childish brats! it might not matter to u dat the rep is gone, but it matters for us...

i alredy sed (in previous post) that we should just move on... but then i'm gettin pretty pissed off at some of u guys who keeps postin stuff and make us look like idiots... especially mustang and spastik... u guys should respect other's opinions

Spastik_Roach
09-18-2004, 05:26 AM
I'm just trying to convince you guys to stay, I don't want some forum members to go because of a petty thing like this.

Karrmann
09-18-2004, 05:37 AM
yes Foto_Choppa is threatning to leave, read his avatar.

Blue Supra
09-18-2004, 05:45 AM
Caught on quick there Karrman...:p;)

Coventrysucks
09-18-2004, 06:25 AM
This is hilarious!

I can't believe that people are threatening to leave because they don't get a little number.

Rep is an intangible number, how can you value that over a comment about a good post/ chop/ whatever that actually means something?

"Well done, great post" or "68"

I know which I prefer.

If you really feel that you can't make a valuable contribution to the forums without a reward, maybe it is for the best if you do go.

However, seeing as you don't know if UCP will become "boring" without rep or not, I think it would be a bit rash to leave immediately.

Give it a few weeks/ days - if you think it isn't living up to your ideals, then no one will stop you from leaving.

Karrmann
09-18-2004, 06:53 AM
I find it slightly disturbing that members are wanting to leave if the little green(or red) boxes with the trivial number beside it is not re-instated. You would have thought that accumulated points could have been "cashed in" for prizes or something.

I never had use for the system, I was not impressed with the intended results it was supposed to bring, that being quality posts and not just quantity posts. Thoses of you who have been a member of UCP may know that problem members such as guyt_x, r34_296kw, chevysucks, hotflank, motormaniac, and motorhead, were all dealt with before the rep system, some of them have returned with a new improved attitude ready to contribute to the forums as opposed to bringing them down with conduct, content and other inappropriate postings.

The rep point system may have worked better if it wasn't abused so much, I'm talking about adding rep between groups of friends just for the sake of boosting each others rating, boosting rep for resizing pics, but also neg repping for voicing an opinion you didn't agree with (opinions are just that, not subjective), I was neg repped for having an ugly avatar(which I thought was hilarious), some members even were repeatedly neg repped because they spoke out against one member and the "gang mentality" came out.

The rep system did have some merit, it did cut down on a lot of the "LOL", "hell yeah!" type posts .... for a while, but members who are inclined to such "post-whoring" will continue to do so, until they get a few PM's warning against and eventually a 1 day ban, etc.

The bottom line for me, is that we have many quality posters who enjoy contributing and not for the sake of gaining points for it.

wwell I have a question that guyt_x has abnned undeer his name but is is in all capitol letters saying "BANNED" is he really banned? (like is that what the old way of banning was like?

my porsche
09-18-2004, 06:59 AM
My Porsche

SlickHolden
09-18-2004, 07:01 AM
Why can't a new rep system be made, Where the Moderators give rep points for good threads post and working well on the forum with others:)

NoOne
09-18-2004, 07:09 AM
wwell I have a question that guyt_x has abnned undeer his name but is is in all capitol letters saying "BANNED" is he really banned? (like is that what the old way of banning was like?
He is one of very few that are permanently banned from the site, someone who did not care to contribute in any sense, antagonistic toward members and mods alike, temporary bans were imposed and it kept escalating to the point of a permanent ban. He is not missed in the least. ;)

NoOne
09-18-2004, 07:14 AM
There are several ideas being tossed around in the mod forums, I have never been a fan of this system, but as it means a lot to so many I have put forward many of the ideas for improvements brought up by you guys, as well as a few ideas of my own, a lot of it has to do with what is possible on the site.

I stand beside IB4R in saying that the system as it was flawed and abused, and should not return without improvement. IMHO. :)

Rijoh
09-18-2004, 07:25 AM
Rijoh

Karrmann
09-18-2004, 07:34 AM
yeah so far only 2 people had to be banned for life guyt_x and r34_296kw.

that's why I like UCP better than SC.net not as many idiots.

SlickHolden
09-18-2004, 07:37 AM
Good to hear our words are not being dismissed, But are being used in many ways to try and better the rep system or anything else that might come up :D

SlickHolden
09-18-2004, 07:42 AM

Over there something like this thread would never happen, They don't have dicussions they have fights :( UCP might not be perfect
(not that anything in the world is 100% perfect) But it's the best forum on the net :D :D

Misho
09-18-2004, 07:42 AM
9 pages in 8 hours !! this thread has really grown fast !
i never knew that the rep system was such a huge part of UCP. seems like most people want it back. i am really confused by many of the posts made in this thread, particulary those threatning to leave if the rep system stays out.
i kinda liked the idea of adopting a new rep system, maybe one in which only the mods can give out rep. Maybe that will sort of minimize (but not totally kill) the system abuse that was becoming a trend here.
anyways, this thread could be critical in UCP's future. I surely hope that the moderators give high attention to what is being posted here. i also encourage feedback from the memebrs without being so strict and going as far as threatning to leave.
lets try and get the best out of this excellent opportunity.

baddabang
09-18-2004, 07:55 AM
OK guys. the mods had a suitable reason to disable the rep system. It may come back, it may not. Yes Im in favor of rep. and would like to have it back. But if it dosent im not going to leave, that would be foolish. Iv learned to live with worse things then not having rep. And Iv been on ucp for a long wile, and worse things have happened. I think we all just need to calm down, and let there ideas of ucp being better without rep run its course. Its not going to kill you.

Matra et Alpine
09-18-2004, 08:31 AM
Why can't a new rep system be made, Where the Moderators give rep points for good threads post and working well on the forum with others:)
Cos we've got a life :)

That takes the kind of effort that woudl be hard to justify and if spread across too many people would have no consistency. So woudl share many of the characteristics of the old rep system.

eBay manages it's "feedback" without the need for peopl. It's self-regulating, self-controlling and maybe deserves a closer comparison. Many of the features of eBay feedback have already been put forward ( including the eBay reference ) and deserves consideration too.

EDIT: and yes the mods are looking and discussing it along with Wouter.

Renesis
09-18-2004, 08:51 AM
matra, i just sent ib4r a pm about this.. why cant we have a sort of sacrificial system of rep; in order to give, you must lose, so that people won't praise for subjective reasons, and where only mods have the power to take away rep, and the ability to give rep without sacrificing yours (just to keep things fair, and so that people wouldnt say that mods have an "advantage", mod reputation is not publicly posted)
if all us members had a problem with a clearly bad post, we could just inform you guys

werty
09-18-2004, 08:54 AM

i said i liked it yes, it wasnt the reason i came to ucp or why i posted enzo pics though.....stop trying to twist my words around

Matra et Alpine
09-18-2004, 08:58 AM
matra, i just sent ib4r a pm about this.. why cant we have a sort of sacrificial system of rep; in order to give, you must lose,
Hmm interesting, not sure if it woudl take off if it reduced your own rep.

but takign the idea forward, maybe there is a quota each month of rep you can chose to give or not
I think that was what was at the heart of the scheme Wouter produced that meant you had to spread rep before you coudl give it to another person for a scond time.

Nice lateral thinking and the more ideas we get the more we have to consider and hopefully find a way to return a feedback system that works to the benefit of all.

Justin Syder
09-18-2004, 09:07 AM
just pathetic how some ppl are acting childish over meaningless points.

get a life guys.

if you need your ass to be kissed because you graced us with a lovely post then go to supercars.net where childish antics and ego petting reign.

Matra et Alpine
09-18-2004, 09:09 AM

get a life guys.

if you need your ass to be kissed because you graced us with a lovely post then go to supercars.net where childish antics and ego petting reign.
Maybe a little bit rough Justin.

Some folks put in effort to produce things for UCP.
Rep was a way they felt tangible evidence that it was appreciated.
There's nothing childish about that as we all do that with oru job descriptiosn, job grades and salaries :)

However, I DO agree about some of the coments made in complaint and threats etc. But that's just heated response :)

Rockefella
09-18-2004, 09:17 AM
Imo, rep is more than a number. I know most of you try to create a good image of yourself to have a good reputation with others. The forums can be viewed similarly, the reputation that you have in the forum was earned and respected among yourself and others.

Rockefella
09-18-2004, 09:20 AM

get a life guys.

Justin, please try to avoid insulting the forum members with you're childish posts. I don't think you would want half the forum flaming you for a good hour.

baddabang
09-18-2004, 09:21 AM
Herrrrm Wouter, how would you like it if someone came along and took away your website? Something you have worked hard on for such a long time, is now gone. Just imagine it. Well thats how we feel.

Rockefella
09-18-2004, 09:22 AM
one question: did all of the mods reach 100 rep points?

Karrmann
09-18-2004, 09:32 AM
Herrrrm Wouter, how would you like it if someone came along and took away your website? Something you have worked hard on for such a long time, is now gone. Just imagine it. Well thats how we feel.

well it it was to be taken away I would work woth Wouter to get It back (sorry I just love UCP that much)

laxplayer98
09-18-2004, 09:48 AM
Laxplayer98

Bring rep back now

Wouter Melissen
09-18-2004, 09:49 AM

What you worked for are your posts, they are still there.

Matra et Alpine
09-18-2004, 09:53 AM
an alternative view badda :)

How would you feel if the police came and took the stereo away from the next door neghbours who were keeping you awake all night playing val Doonican ??

Analogies aren't always good :)

Karrmann
09-18-2004, 09:59 AM

How would you feel if the police came and took the stereo away from the next door neghbours who were keeping you awake all night playing val Doonican ??

I would congradulate anyone who tore the bass out of my neighbors car. all day it is BOOSH BOOSH! and everything in my house shaking. and this is the stupidest part they drive a 95 Oldsmobile Cutlass Supreme that is missing the front bumper and and the trunk is tied down with Bunje cords.

now you cant afford a new bumper or to fix the latch on your trunk but you can afford a complete sould systom and blast it all day :mad:

Karrmann
09-18-2004, 10:19 AM
hewre's a song explaining how we (at least i) feel about the rep being taken away.\
it is in the tune of the famous Motown song "build me up buttercup"

Why do you give us stuff(give us stuff), Wouter Mel, sir, now just to take it away. (take away)
and NoOne now (NoOne now) you could of just PMed that guy a warning, to stop neg repping you!
ad of course (and of course) you know how much now, we treasure now our rep.
so come on (come on) Wouter Mel, give us our rep.

SlickHolden
09-18-2004, 10:21 AM
I love bass boooooooooom booooooooom boooooooooooom :D

Karrmann
09-18-2004, 10:24 AM
don't be suprised tommorow if your car is broken into :D :D :D

SlickHolden
09-18-2004, 10:28 AM
Cos we've got a life :)

That takes the kind of effort that woudl be hard to justify and if spread across too many people would have no consistency. So woudl share many of the characteristics of the old rep system.

eBay manages it's "feedback" without the need for peopl. It's self-regulating, self-controlling and maybe deserves a closer comparison. Many of the features of eBay feedback have already been put forward ( including the eBay reference ) and deserves consideration too.

EDIT: and yes the mods are looking and discussing it along with Wouter.
Question you order a pencil case on ebay, It takes 7 days after payment to come in the mail, You open the package and it's not what you orderd, You now have a pair of sunglasses, You email them tell them they tell you sorry we were sent the wrong boxes, the glasses are conpensation ??? Your pencil case will be there soon. It then turns up 15 days later, So then when giving out feedback do you go posative or negative ? It has taken almost 30 days to get the goods you bought, Which were payed for the very next day of winning, And in the end you get what you payed for plus a free set of sunnys, How do you go about this feedback ? :D

SlickHolden
09-18-2004, 10:30 AM
don't be suprised tommorow if your car is broken into :D :D :D
I only like it in the house 400watt wooo yeah :eek: , Can't drive with music in the car love to hear the engine as i hammer it vrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrom zoooooooooooooooooooooom:D

digitalcraft
09-18-2004, 10:31 AM
I may just be some noob that doesn't post much, but i really can't believe you guys are trying to threaten the moderators to get your way! Is this really such a big deal? I mean the cars are still here. The forums are still here. Did rep really change how you thought about people that much? Are you afraid of losing your worth if you don't have little points to prove it to people?

What's really the deal here?

Karrmann
09-18-2004, 10:35 AM
they took off the rep system and we don't like it.

SlickHolden
09-18-2004, 10:36 AM
Whats noob ???:)

Rockefella
09-18-2004, 10:39 AM
noob = newbie = beginner = novice = someone who is bad at certain online games (ex: Counter-strike)

taz_rocks_miami
09-18-2004, 10:47 AM
Like Matra said, the mods are talking about what to do. Give em' a chance, I'm sure they will come up with something worth while to replace the "old" rep system.

Besides, out of hundreds of members UCP has, it's only a handfull that are dead set on getting it back, makes you wonder if it's really worth it.

Congrats to Blue Supra, Spastik Roach and all the other non-mods that are trying to be the voice of reason!!!

SlickHolden
09-18-2004, 10:50 AM
noob = newbie = beginner = novice = someone who is bad at certain online games (ex: Counter-strike)
ohhhh thanks for that didnt know that:D

Here is a invisable +1 for you ;)

Justin Syder
09-18-2004, 10:52 AM
if all some you made contributions just to get feedback then you really dont need to be in a forum.

you post or contribute pics because you want to, not because you get points for doing so.

but i guess the points are more valuble than the discussions that many have had on here.

some of you guys forget the bigger picture, this is a forum, not a place to collect points. you come here to post, not to get meaningless nothings in return.

instead of continuing this argument, make your own forum and have all the points you want.

no need to get bent out of shape over USELESS points!!

Karrmann
09-18-2004, 10:55 AM
noobs, what are you gonna do, people worked hard for their rep and they are outraged that they were taken away. I had 55 and I was pissed when it magiclly dissappeared.

Justin Syder
09-18-2004, 10:59 AM
Here is a invisable +1 for you

well give me a -1 for not liking your beloved rep system.

so adament about those points, it has done nothing but create dependibility on getting rep in return for contributions and now ppl wont contribute to the forum, well some, unless this system is brought back.

you guys miss the point of having a forum to share thoughts, ideas, convos, pics but not points.

plz PLZ dont bring back that useless system.

Wolf03
09-18-2004, 10:59 AM
Why did they take it that?? Was it a problem?? :confused:

Karrmann
09-18-2004, 11:01 AM
well give me a -1 for not liking your beloved rep system.

so adament about those points, it has done nothing but create dependibility on getting rep in return for contributions and now ppl wont contribute to the forum, well some, unless this system is brought back.

you guys miss the point of having a forum to share thoughts, ideas, convos, pics but not points.

plz PLZ dont bring back that useless system.Jason shut up. quit flamingpeople, just say I think that the rep is wrong. don't go treating us like school children.

Justin Syder
09-18-2004, 11:02 AM
noobs, what are you gonna do, people worked hard for their rep and they are outraged that they were taken away. I had 55 and I was pissed when it magiclly dissappeared.[/quote]

BUT, did you come here in order to get rep before the system was up, no.

you came to post and share thoughts and ideas and i feel that getting these points were a priority instead of just coming to the forum.

Karrmann
09-18-2004, 11:02 AM
Why did they take it that?? Was it a problem?? :confused:

The mods felt that people were misusing (ex: NoOne complained that someone -1 him because they didn't like his avatar.) the rep.

Justin Syder
09-18-2004, 11:05 AM
Jason shut up. quit flamingpeople, just say I think that the rep is wrong. don't go treating us like school children.[/quote]

its justin and you are showing your true character by getting all bent out of shape over nothing.

did i flame, please quote where cuz i didnt see any flame in my posts.

as i said, if it is a big part of your life, create your own forum and have all the rep you want.

Karrmann
09-18-2004, 11:07 AM
BUT, did you come here in order to get rep before the system was up, no.

you came to post and share thoughts and ideas and i feel that getting these points were a priority instead of just coming to the forum.

well, of course, I wanted to share my thoughts on cars. but i'm mad that the rep was taken away when I worked hard for a high number.

Justin, how would it feel if you worked hard in tweaking your car just th eway you want it and then it was stolen. That's how me and many others feel right now.

SlickHolden
I once got a - cause someone didn't get my joke i explained my side that it was a joke and - him to :D I know that's bad to do it :eek:
It was a harmless joke about rep :) I'm not bad friends with anyone over it lifes to short to get shitty all the time :D At the time i was but next day hap hap happy :D

Matra et Alpine
Jason shut up. quit flamingpeople, just say I think that the rep is wrong. don't go treating us like school children.
see it's at times like this the neg rep worked.

karrmann , dont' get all melodramatic. What JUSTIN wrote was a LONG way from being a flame.

Consider this a STRONG -1 from me and a rep message berating the attitude.

Justin Syder
09-18-2004, 11:12 AM
and i wasnt offended to give him neg rep if we still had it cuz that would cause more friction between us, which was one of the down sides.

second, karrmann, a tuned car is far more valuble than rep points.

thats the difference.

SlickHolden
09-18-2004, 11:15 AM
My rep was 44 can that be confermed ? anyone:)

Karrmann
09-18-2004, 11:17 AM
just trying to tell me how I feel, jeez :mad: throw me down why dont you! :mad:

Karrmann
09-18-2004, 11:25 AM
yeah so far only 2 people had to be banned for life guyt_x and r34_296kw.

accually, there are 6 people that had tro be banned for life.

guyt_x -flamiing people
r34_296kw- flaming and just comtributing useless posts
ivana tinkle- spamming
fatkid2009- spamming and and he was banned cause he was the same guy that was ivana tinkle
atombomb03- spamming like crazy and flaminf other members.
poop-IB4R wanted to can a possible future spammer

Mustang
09-18-2004, 11:34 AM
how about we get this thread closed since we are just saying the same thing over and over again :rolleyes: there was no point in this atall it isnt going to change Wouters mind

SlickHolden
09-18-2004, 11:39 AM
Whats getting repeated over and over again :D
Whats getting repeated over and over again :D:D:D:D

Matra et Alpine
09-18-2004, 11:47 AM
how about we get this thread closed since we are just saying the same thing over and over again :rolleyes: there was no point in this atall it isnt going to change Wouters mind
Please go and read the comments from the mods and Wouter.

It's already been stated it's OFF for a trial.

it's already been stated we're discusing it.

It's already been stated that suggestions being made are useful.

Let's not the issue become a Watler Mitty like a recent banning :(

And suggesting Wouter doesn't see "the point" shows particular disregard for someone who's put the effort IN for everyoen to BE HERE. Never mind whether there's rep or not.

So please, put personal bias aside, read the FACTS and not the voiced opinions and we can all see where it leads based on the ideas being put forward.

Egg Nog
09-18-2004, 12:00 PM
so basically now we are just a bunch of nobodies on ucp, according to the mod team, and we are of no great loss....that really pisses me off, im out here for sure :mad:

You're twisting the facts...

The moderator team does not have one set of views. Some are for rep, and some are against. IB4R and I have always been against the system, and have always expressed that it should not be in place. Other moderators had opposite views.

Don't say that according to the mods you are a bunch of nobodies. First of all, neither IB4R or myself had anything to do with removing the system. We have been making the same arguments we always have. Now that the system is (probably temporarily) gone, we keep up the same arguments. The big difference is, now you're giving us all the flak for it, saying that we did it. If our arguments convinced Wouter to give no-system forums a try for a while, then obviously debate works. So make a counter-argument, because it does a lot more than just expressing hate for us.

baddabang
09-18-2004, 12:05 PM

Im usually that neighbor. :)

Karrmann
09-18-2004, 12:19 PM
accually, there are 6 people that had tro be banned for life.

guyt_x -flamiing people
r34_296kw- flaming and just comtributing useless posts
ivana tinkle- spamming
fatkid2009- spamming and and he was banned cause he was the same guy that was ivana tinkle
atombomb03- spamming like crazy and flaminf other members.
poop-IB4R wanted to can a possible future spammer

here are their profiles
r34_296kw (http://www.ultimatecarpage.com/forum/member.php?userid=695)

guyt_x (http://www.ultimatecarpage.com/forum/member.php?userid=288)

Ivana Tinkle (http://www.ultimatecarpage.com/forum/member.php?userid=5442)

fatkid2009 (http://www.ultimatecarpage.com/forum/member.php?userid=5441)

atombomb03 (http://www.ultimatecarpage.com/forum/member.php?userid=5653)

poop (http://www.ultimatecarpage.com/forum/member.php?userid=5801)

Matra et Alpine
09-18-2004, 12:27 PM
keeping you awake all night playing val Doonican ??

Im usually that neighbor. :)
wow !!!

First time I've known anyone under the age of 90 to admit to playing Val Doonican.

That'll do your street-cred wonders badda :)

http://www.valdoonican.co.uk/npub7.jpg

http://www.valdoonican.co.uk/delaney.rm

Karrmann
09-18-2004, 12:28 PM
matra will be giving you a rep if we had it :(

baddabang
09-18-2004, 12:31 PM
Thats Not What I Ment, And You Know It. Silly

Hey look at that he looks like you Matra. :p

Matra et Alpine
09-18-2004, 12:34 PM
Thats Not What I Ment, And You Know It. Silly

hey, I put a smiley and it WAS funny.

Why you no laugh ?????

Niko_Fx
09-18-2004, 12:39 PM
There were suppose to be "problems" with the rep system, but now it's even worse. This thread was started 13 hours ago and it already has 13 pages, that's got to be some record.. And it's not the only thread created due to the removal of the rep system.

I used to care about them, but lately I just feel like Suka "I don't care about my rep level but it does feel good every time you receive one"

If bringing the rep system back to the forum will bring peace then for heaven's sake bring it back!

I will not leave the forum because the rep system is gone, that's just ridiculous.

IWantAnAudiRS6
09-18-2004, 12:41 PM
Errrr lets just leave it, instead of submitting bitching posts, how about posting ideas for a NEW and IMPROVED rep system! I did... but you can see that worked...:D

IWantAnAudiRS6
09-18-2004, 12:43 PM
It was fun, I agree, and the poll that I set up showed a majority (nearly double!) wanted rep back... if it was perhaps reinstated with:
a) automatic signing OR it doesn't work unless you sign your name
b) public viewing- everyone can see your good or bads, provoking no "friendly help" or pointless neg-repping.
c) mods check up frequently on the rep.

I for one am staying- even though I really liked my rep, I'm not going to be childish and leave.
here's my ideas!

IWantAnAudiRS6
09-18-2004, 12:46 PM
Never mind Justin for God's sake! Shut up and do something constructive Karrmann, I don't mean to be rude, but try doing something that may actually help the case of rep!

Karrmann
09-18-2004, 12:48 PM
yes the rep is a part of UCP and I don't think UCp will survive, members are abondioning here cause there is no rep there is to much trouble related to no rep, please, I think it is a nobrainer here, bring back the rep.

Coventrysucks
09-18-2004, 02:21 PM
yes the rep is a part of UCP and I don't think UCp will survive, members are abondioning here cause there is no rep there is to much trouble related to no rep, please, I think it is a nobrainer here, bring back the rep.

What a crock.

UCP was around a long time before there even were forums, so I don't think such a minor change to the system will bring about its downfall.

Members are abandoning?

Where?

A few have threatened it, has anyone actually left yet?

There is too much trouble with no rep?
It has only been gone a day or so, and apart from all these threads about how you want your precious rep back, things seem to be continuing as normal.

This really has been blown out of all proportion by a minority of users.
It is silly.

Do you really believe the majority of posters will leave because there isn't rep anymore?

Karrmann
09-18-2004, 02:24 PM
foto_choppa left

Esperante
09-18-2004, 02:28 PM
f_c left?? Oh no!!!!

Karrmann
09-18-2004, 02:29 PM
the only thing that will bring him back is rep

r1ckst4
09-18-2004, 02:30 PM
OMG, karrman... u hav made so many pointless posts in this thread man... ur not helping...

Esperante
09-18-2004, 02:32 PM
oh yeah, forgot to sign my name

Esperante, but call me 'Brad'

Spastik_Roach
09-18-2004, 03:04 PM
F_C, i'm afraid is a stupid ****wit. I ended up blocking him in MSN because of his stupid pathetic insulting messages. I'm glad to see him go.

r1ckst4
09-18-2004, 03:09 PM
no need to call him names spastik..... i thought u were mature... obviously not...

IWantAnAudiRS6
09-18-2004, 03:16 PM
Well, neva mind, just another pointless threat... but I have to say that Karrmann is probably spamming to increase his freakin' post count! So he cud start a thread that said: OMG 2000 POSTS! How original.....

megotmea7
09-18-2004, 03:16 PM
i have an idea, everyone who cares about rep, put your number in your sig, everytime someone posts a "+1" you can add it to your sig score, then all the ppl that want it can be happy and stare at their pretty number, the rest of us that really dont care wont be bothered. plus if you dont feel your reps high enough you can edit it yourself.

honestly guys this is a forum. it is ment for discussions, for learning, for understanding otheres opinions, and for having your opinions heard. this "i want rep for a pic i made" jibberish is nonesense. the rep system wasnt integrated to rate artwork, it was made to rate quality posts, i.e. posts that are helpful, informative, and have substance. not how many pictures you can pull off the net and post or chops you can make etc. it was ment to be a basis for the norm of a given persons post quality. (i.e. someone with a high rep posts good, informative posts full of substance.) but it was used as it wasnt intended and it was removed. as it became more of a popularity contest than an actuall way of rating peoples post quality.

its not that important. we did fine before it was integrated. it wont be missed in a few weeks. so can we just let it go

IWantAnAudiRS6
09-18-2004, 03:26 PM
Great idea I've done it, but it's not the same....

megotmea7
09-18-2004, 03:31 PM
there you go, problem solved ;)

IWantAnAudiRS6
09-18-2004, 03:32 PM
I've just said- it's not the same! Put a lil green box in my sig 4 me, I can't do it!

Karrmann
09-18-2004, 04:07 PM
did it.( I missed my 55 rep so much, so I decided to do whatever was possib;e) oh and a +1 to megnometa7 for coming up with that idea :)

Karrmann
09-18-2004, 04:09 PM
Well, neva mind, just another pointless threat... but I have to say that Karrmann is probably spamming to increase his freakin' post count! So he cud start a thread that said: OMG 2000 POSTS! How original.....

quit with the attacks, how do you Know if i was spamming or not?

Justin Syder
09-18-2004, 04:47 PM
i can't believe a meaningless number can make people be so adamant about wanting it back.

it makes it seem like getting a number next to ur name is more important than the forum itself.

i agree that this should be locked.

Niko_Fx
09-18-2004, 04:53 PM
did it.( I missed my 55 rep so much, so I decided to do whatever was possib;e) oh and a +1 to megnometa7 for coming up with that idea :)

First Justin Jason and now Megotmea7 megnometa7? :rolleyes:

Just messing with you a bit Carmahn ;) :rolleyes:

Karrmann
09-18-2004, 04:57 PM
sorry, i'm a speed typer, I can make the craziest of typos.

Blue Supra
09-18-2004, 06:02 PM
Whoa this thread doubled in size overnight! far out! i cant believe people are still carrying on about this... Especially Karrman... who i thought had more maturity then hes showed in this thread. Lets all just move and forget it hey, this thread achieves almost nothong but perpetuating the argument even more. Some mod please LOCK IT DOWN!

Esperante
09-18-2004, 06:09 PM
lol Karrmann says stuff like 'i'm not spamming' in three replies next to each other, lol

Coventrysucks
09-18-2004, 06:12 PM
You can put your "rep" no. in your sig. but it is pointless:

Would anyone actually be willing to -1 themselves if they were "given" it by another user?
I can't see that happening.;)

Karrmann
09-18-2004, 06:23 PM
Whoa this thread doubled in size overnight! far out! i cant believe people are still carrying on about this... Especially Karrman... who i thought had more maturity then hes showed in this thread. Lets all just move and forget it hey, this thread achieves almost nothong but perpetuating the argument even more. Some mod please LOCK IT DOWN!

sorry I can't help it, when a serious evenh Happens in UCP, I tend to overpost, I can't help it.

werty
09-18-2004, 06:31 PM
Some mod please LOCK IT DOWN!

u should have no say in this, you are barely a senior member, you havent been here as long as i or others have, u lost an insignificant amount of rep, so of course u dont care

Esperante
09-18-2004, 06:41 PM
I tend to overpost

lol no kidding.

If you feel the need to add on to your previous post there is a magical button called 'EDIT.' it is located just down to the lower right hand corner of the post you want to edit. The right side is the side that doesn't form an 'L' when you spread your hands out with palms facing away. You can only edit your own posts, not other member's posts. You know you have succesfully edited your post when you see under the post you edited is should say

Edited by (your name) (x minutes, hours, date) ago.

werty
09-18-2004, 06:54 PM
oh come on people, leave karrmann alone, let him post whatever he wants, hes not hurting anyone

Dont edit your posts Karrmann, you have done nothing wrong :)

Spastik_Roach
09-18-2004, 06:59 PM
u should have no say in this, you are barely a senior member, you havent been here as long as i or others have, u lost an insignificant amount of rep, so of course u dont care

Thats a pretty low thing to say Werty. Hes allowed to say what he wants. Since according to you he doesn't have enough posts to be acknowledged by anyone, i'll back him up.

Lock this thread.

Spastik_Roach
09-18-2004, 07:01 PM
Besides the majority of your posts Werty, are just pictures in your Enzo thread, not any real contributions. So I guess that leaves you with a bit of a L sign on your head.

Esperante
09-18-2004, 07:02 PM
I disagree with Werty about the amount of posts and rep you have makes you more or less signifacant, but I also disagree with Blue because this is a very important thread at the moment, and the future of our rep depend on our opinions. Otherwise someone will just make another identical to it and we'll keep debating. Besides, nothings gotten violent.

Spastik_Roach
09-18-2004, 07:10 PM
Tempoairily lock it until the mods have come up with some ideas?

Coventrysucks
09-18-2004, 07:21 PM

I absolutely despise the notion that someone is insignificant or someway inferior because they are new.

I would say that 640+ posts is a more than worthy contribution to the forums.
There are only 44 users on UCP with more posts than Blue Supra.

And as for the time frame, he joined up 35 days after you.

Since this "rep" situation came about my opinion of you has dropped sharply.
I really thought you would be mature enough to be able to cope without rep - instead you are one of the first threatening to leave.

Now you say another poster's views shouldn't be valued because he only joined up a month after you.

Some people are really showing their true colours.

taz_rocks_miami
09-18-2004, 07:34 PM
I absolutely despise the notion that someone is insignificant or someway inferior because they are new.

I would say that 640+ posts is a more than worthy contribution to the forums.
There are only 44 users on UCP with more posts than Blue Supra.

And as for the time frame, he joined up 35 days after you.

Since this "rep" situation came about my opinion of you has dropped sharply.
I really thought you would be mature enough to be able to cope without rep - instead you are one of the first threatening to leave.

Now you say another poster's views shouldn't be valued because he only joined up a month after you.

Some people are really showing their true colours.

I agree with you 100% Coventry and very disapointed with Werty. Ever since this rep thing happened I've tried to contribute with some suggestions too and had a little less rep than Supra did (41 to his 47), so I guess according to Werty I should have even less to say....I think not!!! Supra, other members and I have tried to contribute with suggestions (on two of the other rep threads) to try and solve this and all Werty has done is act selfishly only worrying about his precious rep.

I change my vote, keep rep off UCP, that way only the members that care UCP and it's members will stay.

Blue Supra
09-18-2004, 07:46 PM
Thanks for the support guys, that really threw me off this thread when i read wertys comments, Werty i do care about losing my rep points but im not going to winge cry and threaten to have them back ok! if they go then so be i wont complain or kick up a fuss, im here to make contributions and help out where possible, just becasue you had more rep/posts then me does NOT give you the right to put me or anyone else for that matter down!:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

Esperante
09-18-2004, 07:49 PM
Well, there are A-holes in this world, so just don't take shit from them. I would expect Werty to be a little more mature in the situation now, and Werty, your reactions now are starting to make me think that you are a perfect example of what anti-rep people are looking for. And you make me think we should end rep...

GTR Dreamer
09-18-2004, 07:49 PM
ok, it is a bit boring without the rep, and i WOULD like to see it come back in some form, but until then i think we should just growup till the mods make a decision

Blue Supra
09-18-2004, 07:53 PM
Werty is insecure, he knows his rep is from his enzo pics and he knows that if the rep does come back he may not get as much rep from them.... i think hes just insecure.

taz_rocks_miami
09-18-2004, 07:59 PM
Werty is insecure, he knows his rep is from his enzo pics and he knows that if the rep does come back he may not get as much rep from them.... i think hes just insecure.

You bet he's insecure, if rep does return I wouldn't be surprised if he got neg repped left and right. A REPUTATION based just on pics can be ruined by a selfish attitude like he has shown.

Blue Supra
09-18-2004, 08:08 PM
oh i dont doubt id have been neg repped a tousand times if you read back through this thread, at one stage IB4R and myself were the only people trying to restore reason, if rep was still in then myself and IB4R and proably everyone who was arguing that stays off wouldv copped a few negs.

Renesis
09-18-2004, 09:06 PM
sorry guys i just had to :D

fpv_gtho
09-18-2004, 09:27 PM
Heres a suggestion for a new rep system: the option to lock out rep on threads, so if its a political discussion you can choose not to have +/- rep on it just incase someone doesnt like what you s etc. Perhaps it could be available for everyone, just the senior members or just the mod's.

Blue Supra
09-18-2004, 09:33 PM
you know thats a pretty good idea, similar to something i said earlier(cant memba where) about having rep in certain forums, like in the trivia etc forums rep is attained by winning games and thats your rep for that area, then in the car threads you get rep for good/helpful/informative posts etc.

fpv_gtho
09-18-2004, 09:35 PM
yeah, people like Matra would be getting a bucketload of "technical" rep, S_R would be getting "artwork" rep and werty could get "photography" rep

Rockefella
09-18-2004, 09:37 PM
F_C, i'm afraid is a stupid ****wit. I ended up blocking him in MSN because of his stupid pathetic insulting messages. I'm glad to see him go.

Spastik, thats the second time you used a cuss word against someone in this thread, me and F_C. I'm happy you blocked f_c, he can avoid you're ignorance towards other people's opinions and values.

Rockefella
09-18-2004, 09:38 PM
you know thats a pretty good idea, similar to something i said earlier(cant memba where) about having rep in certain forums, like in the trivia etc forums rep is attained by winning games and thats your rep for that area, then in the car threads you get rep for good/helpful/informative posts etc.

Can the mods set it up :D :confused:

fpv_gtho
09-18-2004, 09:40 PM
if i was S_R i doubt it would "only" be twice

Blue Supra
09-18-2004, 09:40 PM
Spastik, thats the second time you used a cuss word against someone in this thread, me and F_C. I'm happy you blocked f_c, he can avoid you're ignorance towards other people's opinions and values.

Lets all settle and keep it cool, we dont want this thread to fire up into an argument rather then a place to post ideas like before...

Spastik_Roach
09-18-2004, 09:41 PM
If only I had saved the chat log. F_C insulted me. He pretty much showed me he didn't care about anyone on UCP, except his little pro-rep buddies. I'm sorry for being so harsh

I'm not ignorant, and I havn't been towards any opinions or values. I've been speaking truth. Its gone. Rep is gone. ok?

Rockefella
09-18-2004, 09:43 PM
If only I had saved the chat log. F_C insulted me. He pretty much showed me he didn't care about anyone on UCP, except his little pro-rep buddies. I'm sorry for being so harsh

I'm not ignorant, and I havn't been towards any opinions or values. I've been speaking truth. Its gone. Rep is gone. ok?

but two wrongs dont make a right. There was no need to cuss at and flame him.

Blue Supra
09-18-2004, 09:43 PM
dude they do save... ill show on MSN...

Spastik_Roach
09-18-2004, 09:44 PM
I unchecked the save thing Supra :S

Blue Supra
09-18-2004, 09:45 PM
that sux... do you have MSN plus or just normal?

Spastik_Roach
09-18-2004, 09:46 PM
F_C's not the little angel you think he is Rockefella. Hes a rich lil spoilt brat, at least thats my opinion, now that hes shown his true colours to me.

Spastik_Roach
09-18-2004, 09:47 PM
Supra, I was using windows messenger at time, and that doesn't suuport logs..

Rockefella
09-18-2004, 10:00 PM
F_C's not the little angel you think he is Rockefella. Hes a rich lil spoilt brat, at least thats my opinion, now that hes shown his true colours to me.

if thats what you think, then there is no need to curse at him in the forums. F_C's done nothing to make me think that.

F1_Master
09-18-2004, 10:15 PM
OK....
Since I was attending my g/f's sister's funeral, can someone fill me in on why the reps were taken away?

F1_Master

fpv_gtho
09-18-2004, 10:19 PM
because it was being abused pretty much. the mods are trying to design a better system, but too many people are bothering them with posts about why the original system should be reinstated

Spastik_Roach
09-18-2004, 10:20 PM
Well surely i've given enough proof to make a few people think like me. I'm not trying to make everyone hell bent on killing F_C , I just don't want him gettin away unscathed.

SlickHolden
09-19-2004, 01:22 AM
Why can't we just give oursleves rep outta 500.
Ok here goes................... My rep is ohh how's that 500:D:D:D:D:D lol :P

Karrmann
09-19-2004, 05:27 AM
can't let this thread die, Ill claim 1,000 Rep points :D

fpv_gtho
09-19-2004, 05:30 AM
you're right on one thing there Karrman, the moment this thread closes will be the moment Wouter stops getting feedback for hopefully a "better" rep system. Hopefully he and the other mods like the Bluey/FPV idea :p

Karrmann
09-19-2004, 05:51 AM
yeah I liked the idea of an eBay like rep system. here;s a useless +1 :p