PDA

View Full Version : New Sticky

Blue Supra
09-18-2004, 03:08 AM
Im interested in starting a new sticky thread (if the mods will do it for me) where ill review a car every week and write up a review and post it there. today i did an R33 skyline. you can view it in the Car comparison thread. Just an idea, what are you guys thoughts?

Mustang
09-18-2004, 03:17 AM
good idea mate id like to see it :)

Hell_Unleashed
09-18-2004, 03:30 AM
Im interested in starting a new sticky thread (if the mods will do it for me) where ill review a car every week and write up a review and post it there. today i did an R33 skyline. you can view it in the Car comparison thread. Just an idea, what are you guys thoughts?
Ok... if it makes u feel special :)

Ferrari Tifosi
09-18-2004, 03:43 AM
I like the idea, would make a good touch to the forums. I'm all in favor of this one.

IWantAnAudiRS6
09-18-2004, 03:54 AM
You can help out otha guys who might want to buy a car- perhaps the car you reviewed. Just make sure you don't run out of cars! I have some little suggestions, such as:
a) listing 3 or 4 of the car's main rivals
b) quick glance- for those who can't be bothered/don't have time to fully read the review- which highlights the good and bad points of the car.

Spastik_Roach
09-18-2004, 03:57 AM
I'm sure mods will be all for it, maybe even a little own Sub-Forum (Like the Hi Res Hideout) for it if it becomes very reliable. You'll have to do it for a while to get that though...

Blue Supra
09-18-2004, 04:04 AM
Yea im a bit concerned whats gunna happen if i turn up week after week at different dealerships asking to test drive stuff
then again canberras a big enough place, ill be able to keep it up I reckon.
Those suggestions are good thanks AUDI, ill keep them in mind, any others are welcome.
If it got to the point of having my own sub forum thatd be my UCP highpoint, forget rep if it got to the point where i had one of those id be the happiest man on UCP:D

:Exige:
09-18-2004, 04:58 AM
I wouldnt be surprised if you run out of things to drive. Most dealers of new cars require a bank statment of some sort to prove that you are capable of buying it (as my friend found out when he went to drive an Audi TT).

Spastik_Roach
09-18-2004, 05:22 AM
Just pick your cars wisely mate. Or win lotto :p

Blue Supra
09-18-2004, 05:46 AM
Well theres at least a dozen new car dealers (probably many more) i could go to and that doesnt include the dozens and dozens of second hand dealerships, i mean i wouldnt exclusively review new cars or i could get myself into trouble:eek:

d-quik
09-18-2004, 07:23 AM
Woops No I Voted The Wrong One Can A Mod Change It? :(

my porsche
09-18-2004, 07:32 AM
you should, but do all kinds of cars, not just superfastRicers, do some porsches

Matra et Alpine
09-18-2004, 08:35 AM
Woops No I Voted The Wrong One Can A Mod Change It? :(
donem but you won't be listed as having voted on the YES anymore :)

Blue Supra
09-19-2004, 12:07 AM
you should, but do all kinds of cars, not just superfastRicers, do some porsches

I dont know if i could do the top end cars like porsches, im 18 guys! but things like falcon XR6T, SV6 would prolly be as expensive as it got.

i could have a wish list for cars youd want me to do maybe?

fpv_gtho
09-19-2004, 12:13 AM
mate anythings worth a try, maybe some other members could do something similar for in their neck of the woods, i know Matra has posted heaps of certain track days of his like with the Monaro

taz_rocks_miami
09-19-2004, 12:50 AM
I think it's a good idea Supra, I just wonder what kind of review you'll be able to write since on most test drives I've been on, the dealer doesn't really let you put the car through it's paces. Some might let you gun the engine for a few secs but that's about it. I just thought I'd make the observation.

Blue Supra
09-19-2004, 01:28 AM
Depends, When i go to a dealership in "normal" clothes ie: jeans tshirt etc, ill get ignored unless i ask something, but when i go in nice suit pants, cotton collar shirts, black shoes etc "oh hello sir how are you? can i help you at all?" funny what effect clothes have on people.:p

Matra et Alpine
09-19-2004, 02:47 AM
Also, hire/borrow a decent car for a day. Drive round as many dealerships as you can manage.
park the car in a PROMINENT position so the salesman sees you coming and then tell him you want to get a car for wife/daughter/partner whatever. Ask him to arrange a car for test drive in the next few days/weeks andd book a time with him/her. Look 'money' and it works.

I approached TVR for a test drive. I'd phoned and they woudlnt' do it. I dropped in whilst out at the weekend and it wasn't going anywhere. They were clearly not wanting to do it. On recommendation of a friend I turned up during workign hours in the A610. I was GIVEN a set of keys within 10 minutes !!!! Sad, but if you look rich these scum treat you different :(

Blue Supra
09-20-2004, 12:10 AM
is a 2002 Magna wagon prominent enough? Oh i can go even better! i can go with my older bro in his (FPVl hate me for this) XR6T Ute! When i was down in victoria i took my G/Fs parents car (very shmick comi) to the yards, "can i help you sir? is there anythign in particular youre looking for? etc etc etc, i know what youre saying matra:)

IWantAnAudiRS6
09-20-2004, 12:15 AM
You can hire a big Mercedes/BMW and review that when you're going to the dealerships! So then you get 2 in 1.... nifty! I think that was Matra's general idea, not sure...:D :p

fpv_gtho
09-20-2004, 12:15 AM
screw going in the XR6T to find the first car, do he first review on the XR6T :p

Matra et Alpine
09-20-2004, 05:17 AM
You can hire a big Mercedes/BMW and review that when you're going to the dealerships! So then you get 2 in 1.... nifty! I think that was Matra's general idea, not sure...:D :p
it wasn't, I was only thinking of using the first car to make it easier to 'bluff' getting the next 10 :)

But it makes a WHOLE lot of sense to write up on the first one.
In fact if any of the later cars the reps willing to lset you out on your own you coudl then use IT to go round the other dealers and get even more nice cars. If you coudl blag your way up to a Ferrari you'd gain UCPers respect for ever :)

Blue Supra
09-21-2004, 12:36 AM
Pity theres no Ferrari Dealerships in the ACT that im aware of, if there is by all means let me know. But yeh, i could rent something but that costs, so like i think, ill take my bro with me, get a bimmer or something, then go to the mercs and the saabs and the subarus and the honds etc in one day, then the next weekend (my only day available to do this would be a satday, i work monday to friday) i dunno seeing how this thread has convinced me to at least give it a shot:D thanks lads ill get into soon, this weekend im away on a camp with my mates and then the GF stayin at my place for a week so im booked up until the week after next, then ill see if this can really happen:D

Spastik_Roach
09-21-2004, 06:17 AM
Would love to see ya review a saab!! If possible a a 9-3 Viggen in Viggen Blue :D

IWantAnAudiRS6
09-21-2004, 06:32 AM
I know where you can get a Ferrari, in Egham, here in good ol' Blighty, or in the town near the New Forest. Again, in Britain! You need to move here, Blue Supra... :D

Blue Supra
09-21-2004, 05:10 PM
Err no, but thanks for the offer!:D

I am AUSTRALIAN!!!:)

IWantAnAudiRS6
09-22-2004, 05:40 AM
And??? Your point being...
Loads of the Brits moved out to Oz back in the 70's. Maybe it's time for a little role reversal... :D We have a spare bedroom lol...

Blue Supra
09-23-2004, 06:06 AM
My dad being one of them, no offense AUDI but i love the wide open spaces, having a front and backyard big enought to play footy/cricket on, having a nature reserve behind my back fence, the cheap good cars, and the general Aussiness! mate no where will ever be called home to me other then here and no where will ever be as great as this country right here:D:)

PsychoChimp22
09-23-2004, 09:41 PM
haha.... 5 days later....

Blue Supra
09-23-2004, 10:10 PM
:confused:???

85RX7
09-23-2004, 10:42 PM
why not, i vote yes, all it does it give this forum more useful information, it doesnt take anything away from it. A good idea!