PDA

View Full Version : We're making a lot of progress!

Egg Nog
09-18-2004, 12:41 PM
Our "Crisis Mode" thread in the moderator forums is already filled with thousands of words worth of comments on what to do at this point. You might already know that the current lack of a rep system is somewhat of a trial, to see how everything goes, and to get a better understanding of the issues at hand and where everybody stands.

I just want to personally let you guys know that the UCP staff is not out to get you (any more than usual ;)), and that we are making some definite progress on this entire issue. We hope to eventually bring you a much improved UCP forum community.

Thanks for your input and patience so far,

-Shawn (Egg Nog)

Karrmann
09-18-2004, 12:43 PM
thanks shawn

do you know from the progress if the Rep system is coming back or not?

Egg Nog
09-18-2004, 12:53 PM
I can tell you that If it does, it will be a modified version. Definitely for the better though, in all aspects. We're trying to come up with a way that will satisfy people on both sides of the issue, and believe me, it's difficult :)

Karrmann
09-18-2004, 12:58 PM
yeah, there will always be misusers, I suggest that if they misuse the rep (like neg repping for avatar and signiature like what happened to NoOne)
they get
1. a warning
2.another warning
3. a ban (1 day)

next time they do this the ban will be 2 days, and if they climb that ladder 5 times they will be banned forever.

how does that sound?

Matra et Alpine
09-18-2004, 01:26 PM
And look what happened whan that was followed ?

We had someone spit the dummy and create more fuss by trying to portray an image of downtrodden poor person. More hassle than the rep and ultimately lead to the rep being questioned.

Some folks will never be happy with any system and we all either have to accept that and accept the consequences ( and that involves trust, decency and honesty ) or we avoid it by not having any rep.

Karrmann
09-18-2004, 01:38 PM
who was that?

Spastik_Roach
09-18-2004, 05:56 PM
Uhh, think Karrmann. A certain member whos left recently? LAst words were "lol"? Lived in England?

Blue Supra
09-18-2004, 06:04 PM
Yeh i thoguht that would be a no brainer...

Karrmann
09-18-2004, 06:21 PM
oh yeah, talkin about Jimbo?

Sweeney921
09-18-2004, 06:43 PM
Heres a little side idea, for whatever system we end up using (assuming some type of rep comes back), each user has a limited # of times they can give rep. The # of times a user can give rep would be determined by how many posts the user has divided by 20, so if they had 1,000 posts, they could give rep 50 times until they made 1,020 posts.

essentially, for every 20 posts made, the user could give one rep.

is this a strike of genius or stupidity?

taz_rocks_miami
09-18-2004, 08:11 PM
I appreciate the work you mods are putting into providing us with a better UCP. It's sad to see how some members have gone ballistic over this rep thing. I won't burden you guys with anymore suggestions on "how" to bring back rep, since I've realized that some people are just here to get rep.

If you do bring it back, I'm sure it'll be a better system, and if you don't, only the members that want to contribute to UCP will stay. Quality post come from quality members IMO.

Fabio Ferrari
09-19-2004, 12:03 AM
Heres a little side idea, for whatever system we end up using (assuming some type of rep comes back), each user has a limited # of times they can give rep. The # of times a user can give rep would be determined by how many posts the user has divided by 20, so if they had 1,000 posts, they could give rep 50 times until they made 1,020 posts.

I think that is a great Idea mate. Great thinking

SlickHolden
09-19-2004, 01:31 AM
I remember matra saying something about a ebay style, That could be a good idea, 0-100% And when giving out feedback we can all view what was left. A good ebayer(ucp memmber). I myself when buying on ebay will read the feedback just to see if all is good, But just because someone has 80% or less doesn't meen they are hopeless or a bad person, So this kind of system i think would work fine:D

baddabang
09-19-2004, 06:32 AM

Wow great thinking man. Just one draw back to this, More post whores.

Karrmann
09-19-2004, 06:34 AM
yes i'm with badda, there will be more spam than we need.

SlickHolden
09-19-2004, 08:42 AM
Go ebay system, Then we can view what feedback everyone has and we can see if anyone is giveing good feedback for shit or for real good work, I for one wouldnt leave feedback for some half arse thing just incase someone seen it and thought i was a suck:D So when everyone can see feedback and who it's from rep mates can't pass good feedback between one another cause we will all see and call them good feedback sucks lol:D

Spastik_Roach
09-19-2004, 02:38 PM
That was my idea SlickHolden!! I said it way back in that petition thread!

Matra et Alpine
09-19-2004, 02:48 PM
come on kids, don't fight over whose idea it was.
The idea has merit, leave it at that.

Blue Supra
09-19-2004, 04:21 PM
How about we all start with 50% and then we go up or down, because if we all start on 100% then all we can go is down... or does that defeat the purpose? im confused!:confused:

Sweeney921
09-19-2004, 05:09 PM
yes i'm with badda, there will be more spam than we need.
this is coming from karrmann!?!?!?!?

i think rep should come back. take a look at how many users received below 0 rep, maybe 3 or 4? i do think rep keeps us in line, but we didn't need to think about it. now that we realize what we can do/say, ucp is becoming the next sc.net! and personally i don't like to see the mods get bashed for becoming stricter. they need to be strict, to keep those that are going crazy because rep is gone, in line. my solution would be:

PULEASEEEE BRING BACK REP!!!!!

P.S., I'm posting this in every rep-related thread

Karrmann
09-19-2004, 05:15 PM
i'm in the process of reforming

Sweeney921
09-19-2004, 05:15 PM
sounds good :p

Blue Supra
09-19-2004, 07:35 PM

Good for you mate:)

Karrmann
09-20-2004, 03:48 AM
thank you

fpv_gtho
09-20-2004, 05:18 AM
I think the Blue/FPV idea should be considered:

*You have different types of rep, like for pictures, video's, chops, technical info, helping new members etc.
*You can choose when making a thread if a person can or cant give/recieve rep for their comments in that thread

SlickHolden
09-20-2004, 11:58 AM
In this one?
In another thread matra said something about ebay system :D

Matra et Alpine
09-20-2004, 12:13 PM
In this one?
In another thread matra said something about ebay system :D
never claimed it though, but did support it as a long-time eBay user - and reliant on 'feedback' :)

SlickHolden
09-20-2004, 12:19 PM
But your words did bring a good point, that a system like that would work here :)

Karrmann
09-20-2004, 03:29 PM
i'm with slickholden. an eBay like rep system can work fine.

Spastik_Roach
09-20-2004, 03:43 PM
I'm glad my idea has made an impact :D

But i'll always be giving out food, and Karrmann will always be giving out lunchables :p

SlickHolden
09-20-2004, 03:50 PM
I'm glad my idea has made an impact :D

But i'll always be giving out food, and Karrmann will always be giving out lunchables :p
I'll share the idea with ya i'm not greedy :p :D
But you know what i want this

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Karrmann
09-20-2004, 03:51 PM
and this
http://www.ebaumsworld.com/forumfun/spam2.jpg

or this

http://www.ebaumsworld.com/forumfun/spam5.gif

for negative

Misho
09-20-2004, 07:42 PM
funny, it still shows "Reputation" under the FAQ section.
so was it a conspiracy after all ?? only time will tell.

http://www.ultimatecarpage.com/forum/faq.php?