PDA

View Full Version : Finished: MonteShell Ferrari 348 Challenge

Dino Scuderia
09-18-2004, 03:19 PM
There are two ways to build a model, the right way, and the easy way.

This is my one week blunder built the easy way.

Fujimi's 348 is a poorly engineered kit much like the 355 kit...lots of work to do to mold in the side strakes, I only did part of the work it being a race car I allowed myself some artistic license.

I butchered a diecast Maserati Trofeo interior to fit the 348 so I could at least have a roll cage etc. It is rather toy like when you look closely but I'm okay with it.

The wheels are from another Fujimi kit...don't remember which one but they are pretty close to being accurate, the tyres are Tamiya slicks. Had to lower the rear ride hight too.

The decals in the kit are very thin and brittle...some of them didn't survive the trip from water bowl to the model. I scrounged around and found a couple of replacements that worked.

The paint is Tamiya TS26 white, MCW Ferrari red and Tamiya TS16 yellow. I put one coat of clear on and rubbed it out with McGuires Scratch X.

holdens
09-19-2004, 02:48 AM
good work i build a fair few models myself (always by the intructions except for the paint that they suggest) coz i aint brave enough to do it sorta custom like u do but kudos looks good

skyfreak
11-12-2004, 08:34 AM
can you help me find a new interior for my 348 TB. Would appreciate any information...Thanks, Sergio