PDA

View Full Version : Big-Box Sports Cars

Misho
10-09-2003, 02:59 PM
In their latest issue or November 2003, Car and Driver compared the following sports SUVs :

Cadillac SRX V-8
Infiniti FX-45
Porsche Cayenne S
VW Touareg V-8

As you can all see, these cars represent a relatively new SUV sub-segment, so called sports SUVs. All of these cars are amazing by most standards, and they were rated by Car and Driver as follows :

1) Cadillac
2) Porsche
3) Infinity
4) VW

What do you guys think of these results ? Is that an act of American politics ?!! I personally think so. While the cadillac srx is an amazing car, i dont see how it can come on top of these fine german automobiles. I personally thing the caddy and VW should fight for 3rd place, while the Infiniti and Porsche fight for the first spot.

Tell us what do you think.

Misho
10-09-2003, 03:01 PM
And where is the car that defined this segment some years ago ?? The BMW X5 ??

crisis
10-10-2003, 12:33 AM
What criteria could you judge these useles hunks on. On road ability - buy an Avalon, off road - buy a Landcruiser, towing - buy a Ram.

Misho
10-12-2003, 11:45 AM
Did anyone at least read the article ??

SL500
10-12-2003, 11:20 PM
Originally posted by Misho
In their latest issue or November 2003, Car and Driver compared the following sports SUVs :

Cadillac SRX V-8
Infiniti FX-45
Porsche Cayenne S
VW Touareg V-8

As you can all see, these cars represent a relatively new SUV sub-segment, so called sports SUVs. All of these cars are amazing by most standards, and they were rated by Car and Driver as follows :

1) Cadillac
2) Porsche
3) Infinity
4) VW

What do you guys think of these results ? Is that an act of American politics ?!! I personally think so. While the cadillac srx is an amazing car, i dont see how it can come on top of these fine german automobiles. I personally thing the caddy and VW should fight for 3rd place, while the Infiniti and Porsche fight for the first spot.

Tell us what do you think.
The Cadillac SRX-V8 is the best luxury SUV,sporty?
i think the cayenne s is the first chioce for a sporty SUV(and you know its the fastest SUV ever,too) then infinity FX-45 (second) then Cadillac and Volkswagen Touareg V8.
1.Porsche
2.Infinity-Cadillac
3.Volkswagen
this pic is cayenne turbo:D

Batmobile_Turbo
10-13-2003, 03:43 PM
out of all of these i'd take the porcshe cayanne. then the Tourag. and even though i really like cadillac the infinitry FX is just really wicked.

so then

1. porcshe
2. VW
3. infinity
4. cadillac