illusionest
09-22-2004, 05:39 PM
hey
i wanna know when GT4 (for PS2) is coming out
does anybody know? cus i wanna get it.. :p
i cant seem to find it yet.

stratos
09-22-2004, 05:41 PM
we all want to get it ... but i don't knhow when he is coming out probably they (pholony digital) didin't already decide that part

baddabang
09-22-2004, 06:13 PM
Some time in October, Thats in the states, I hear its different in other places :)

frakenstein5spd
09-22-2004, 06:58 PM
Some time in October, Thats in the states, I hear its different in other places :)

As long as it is better than GT3. Whenever I play 3, it just feels off. I enjoy the driving experience and user interface much better in GT2. Maybe I have just played 2 so much that I have gotten used to it. Am I alone on this one?

illusionest
09-22-2004, 07:33 PM
zzz......

Rockefella
09-22-2004, 07:49 PM
As long as it is better than GT3. Whenever I play 3, it just feels off. I enjoy the driving experience and user interface much better in GT2. Maybe I have just played 2 so much that I have gotten used to it. Am I alone on this one?

you have a point there. I don't have ps2 so i dont count on playing gt4 too much though. -_- however, i am looking forward to forza motorsport :D :D
xbox forever :cool:

Quiggs
09-22-2004, 08:09 PM
GT4 NTSC (North America) release is supposed to be in mid-November. There's (as always) rumors that it's been bumped to 'Winter' on Sony's calendar, which would be Christmas at the earliest; and possibly even into '05. It's also been said that the reasons behind this possible delay are problems with the online netcode, or even that PD has gotten licenses for the elusive 3- Ferrari, Porsche, and Lamborghini. These are, of course, just rumors. But seeing as it's already been bumped over a year, I wouldn't put it past PD to hold off even longer. :(

I've been pre-ordered since 2 months ago. I'll have my copy no matter what.

illusionest
09-22-2004, 09:12 PM
zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz........................ ...
too long..........wayyy too long.......zzzzz

Blue Supra
09-22-2004, 09:29 PM
>.<
GT3 was the best! baseball bats own me:D

danno
09-23-2004, 12:23 AM
apparently it was bumped to "winter", so that could be anytime from now till march or whenever winter in the US ends.

however, halo 2 (best game EVER) will come out on november 9 so i will be playing that all of next year :)

the real deal
09-23-2004, 04:07 AM
Gt4 is due out in the UK between december 4-10 and it normally comes out a few weeks b4 then in the states and asia. sony put the release date bac because they decided to release the gt4 prologue which was released in the japan and wasnt due to be released out side of japan!

F1_Master
09-23-2004, 04:46 AM
Sometime in November. That's all that's confirmed in the release date. It may ve shipped with a new, small, PS2. :cool:

cuntukimushroom
09-23-2004, 11:03 AM
November 17th= GT4
November 22nd= NFSU2

NAZCA C2
09-23-2004, 07:10 PM
I can't wait. Hopefully they took those stupid liscense tests out of the game. I also hope they did'nt put a bunch of crap cars in GT4. Remember the Dihatsu Warehouse truck (you know the one with the spare tire mounted to the front of it) from GT2??? Why would they put such a thing in a racing game???

Rockefella
09-23-2004, 07:26 PM
GT4 NTSC (North America) release is supposed to be in mid-November. There's (as always) rumors that it's been bumped to 'Winter' on Sony's calendar, which would be Christmas at the earliest; and possibly even into '05. It's also been said that the reasons behind this possible delay are problems with the online netcode, or even that PD has gotten licenses for the elusive 3- Ferrari, Porsche, and Lamborghini. These are, of course, just rumors. But seeing as it's already been bumped over a year, I wouldn't put it past PD to hold off even longer. :(

I've been pre-ordered since 2 months ago. I'll have my copy no matter what.
I was wondering, why would Ferrari give licenses to games like PGR2 and Forza Motorsport but not Poly-D, the maker of arguably the best racing game ever created. :confused:

Blue Supra
09-23-2004, 07:30 PM
Best racing game ever...
Initial D:)
(not the crappy PC one, the one in arcades!)

Quiggs
09-23-2004, 08:11 PM
I was wondering, why would Ferrari give licenses to games like PGR2 and Forza Motorsport but not Poly-D, the maker of arguably the best racing game ever created. :confused:

For a very long while (and as far as I know still do) EA games has held the exclusive rights to all 3 of those manufacturers. Any game company that wishes to include the cars must get permission from EA and pay a licensing fee to EA. Thus EA can charge whatever they want. And in the case of Polyphony Digital (GT series), EA hasn't given them permission, or at least at a level that PD would be willing to pay. :(