PDA

View Full Version : I hate people that...

DwZX35
10-10-2003, 03:51 PM
think they know more about cars than you, and the only real supercar they've ever heard of is the F50, and the probably don't know what kind of engine it has.

Example: my friend, who knows a dumpload of cars, talked to a kid who thought he knew more about cars than him, my friend asked him as a test, what engine do most lamborghinis have (murc, diablo), the kid responded, V-8s, duh! That was the stupidest kid ever it seemed like, some kid i know saw a pagani Zonda and said he had one, and said he bought it at ferrari of atlanta! He thought it was a ferrari. I know i used to be one of those people, and im glad im not, any other stories anyone?

megotmea7
10-10-2003, 09:24 PM
thats what i characterise as a "rice" attitude, they think they know what their talking about and doing but they dont. comone ppl admit it if you dont know, you just make an ass out of your selves when you pretend

megotmea7
10-10-2003, 09:26 PM
LMAO i just saw your sig, i saw that episode too wasnt it cribs, living large, or something. lol

DwZX35
10-11-2003, 07:41 PM
Originally posted by megotmea7
LMAO i just saw your sig, i saw that episode too wasnt it cribs, living large, or something. lol

yes, puff daddy is one of those people

Egg Nog
10-12-2003, 01:04 AM
I met some idiot at a party the other day who warned my friend not to buy a MK1 MR2 because they "leak from the distributor cap" ;)

megotmea7
10-12-2003, 04:41 PM
hahaha thats a good one:)

crisis
10-13-2003, 06:59 PM
Originally posted by Egg Nog
I met some idiot at a party the other day who warned my friend not to buy a MK1 MR2 because they "leak from the distributor cap" ;)
There are plenty of self proclaimed experts out there that will share questionable information on automotive issues. How about starting a list of the best ones you've heard? Im trying to think of a few.

megotmea7
10-14-2003, 01:25 AM
when i was shopping for my car the owner said the car had a flat-6 like a boxer lol he said mazda bought the rights from porshe, needless to say i didnt buy my car from him;)

Misho
10-15-2003, 08:21 PM
I was once in a taxi and all of a sudden while the car is moving, the driver pulls the handbrake halfway up and keeps driving like that for about 200 metres !! Shocked, I asked him why is he doing that? He replied that this increases the performance of the car's regular brakes (not handbrake) !!
His justification: This way he introduces some air to the brakes and they perform better!!!

megotmea7
10-16-2003, 01:20 AM
i can see the logic behind that one but its still stupid:p

crisis
10-16-2003, 05:56 PM
Originally posted by megotmea7
i can see the logic behind that one but its still stupid:p
Theres logic? Try it and enjoy the experience of having your back wheels lock up every time you brake. I imagine being a taxi driver his brakes were ****ed and it was an alternative to getting new pads for a while.

Misho
10-16-2003, 09:22 PM
Originally posted by crisis
Theres logic? Try it and enjoy the experience of having your back wheels lock up every time you brake. I imagine being a taxi driver his brakes were ****ed and it was an alternative to getting new pads for a while.

oh they were wayyyy beyond ****ed ! the whole car was garbage anyways.

Batmobile_Turbo
10-21-2003, 08:39 PM
i knew someone that thought that the first corvettes had V8's, even though i could site at least three sources that the first vettes had V6's.

NoOne
10-22-2003, 06:18 AM
Actually you're only half right, early corvettes (1953 & 54) were 235 cid inline 6's - the famous Blue Flame Six available only with a 2 speed auto tranny.

1955 saw the first V8's starting with the 265 cid - a 3 speed automatic was available from then on. :)

DwZX35
10-22-2003, 05:28 PM
I know a kid who thought Vettes were 4 seaters

megotmea7
10-24-2003, 01:02 AM
Originally posted by crisis
well if you look at it from the uninformed point of view, "emergency brake" could be interpreted as emergency brake power, pull it and you car stops with emergency urgency, lol

Batmobile_Turbo
10-24-2003, 05:17 PM
i actually meant that the early vette's had Inline 6s. but they certainly didn't have V8's until duntov came along and no four seats either

john325
09-12-2005, 07:37 PM
[QUOTE=DwZX35]think they know more about cars than you,

I hate the guy at BestBuy who has installed every system in every car ever. He says he owned many of them. this theoretically would put him at 876 years old. He says he is 28. That pompous d%#k head.

Can I say names.

Rockefella
09-12-2005, 07:39 PM
Thanks for bringing back a 1 year, 11 month old thread.

Vaigra
09-13-2005, 03:35 AM
well, since he's revived it, here's my simple story.
A friend of a friend bought a RHD E30 320. I think it was a 320, not completely sure on the engine size. He had an M3 badge on the back and a twin exhaust fitted.
I was talking to the guy about 30 metres away from the car. He says to me
Guy: "What do you think of my M3?"
Me: "Did you pay M3 prices?"
Guy: "Yeah, just one of those things. If you want a good car, you've got to pay the price."
Me: "It's not an M3."
Guy: "It is, it's my car, I would know."
Me: "I can tell you from here it's not an M3"
Guy: "How?"
Me: "Simply, the M3's in that shape had completely different wings to the standard 3-series and they only came in LHD."
Guy: "oh.."

end of convo.

2ndclasscitizen
09-13-2005, 10:49 PM
^ ha owned

Bob
09-14-2005, 12:40 PM
I have fun with people who brag about their RX 7/8s. Just ask them about the cylinder heads... most don't even know its rotary powered :D

Rockefella
09-14-2005, 01:14 PM
I have fun with people who brag about their RX 7/8s. Just ask them about the cylinder heads... most don't even know its rotary powered :D
Haha, I may try that on some losers who own RX-8's in my school. :p

magracer
09-14-2005, 07:01 PM
A friend of mine once bought a 4 door 306 XS (peugeot) with XSI badges, and claimed he had the only "4 door XSI" in the country. I asked him about the engine, seats, etc. which are totally different.

Somehow he managed to get his money back from the seller -who was a friend of his-.

taz_rocks_miami
09-14-2005, 07:19 PM
I've met a lot of people that brag about the number of valves their engine has: "I got it cuz it's the 16 valve version" or something to that effect, ask them what a valve is and they always say: "Uh, it makes the car go faster." :D

lithuanianmafia
09-14-2005, 07:24 PM
OK, I got a couple stories:

First, a guy just bought a small truck, and says he installed a sports transmission (manual) in it, and that he races it on weekends. I try it out in the parking lot, handles pretty well, so I figure I'll let him drive, he races on the weekend after all! Upon doing this, he stalls the car round four times cus he doesn't know when to shift, and we end up havin to pull over, and let me drive the car back (with his face bein beet red the whole time :p)

Second story, a shorty but a goody. A kid at my school has a riced up Civic, and claims he has a V8 in it :p My response? "Oh, you got some tomato juice with you?"

http://www.detnews.com/2000/food/0518/foodnews/v8.jpg

werty
09-14-2005, 08:44 PM
i know a kid with a 300zx, claims he beats guys that supposedly run 12 sec quater mile

but that was on a "good day", if you asked him to race right now, he'd say i need to fix a few things first :p

furious_fiero
09-14-2005, 11:13 PM
Some dumbass thought my Fiero was a Ferrari. I didnt correct him though...hehe

LuisMiguelR.
10-20-2007, 04:18 PM
you havnt heard anything:
a guy said at once:
"a jet turbine in a car is unusefull"
i said why,
he said: because it uses so much fuel,
i said so what?
he said wtf, thats obvious u cannot use it much
i said, one of those things would rip your head off idiot.

LuisMiguelR.
10-20-2007, 04:19 PM
in a drag its really usefull some thousands of hp hehehe

SlickHolden
10-20-2007, 07:49 PM
"I hate people that"

Re Open threads from the dark ages..

Quiggs
10-20-2007, 07:52 PM
"I hate people that"

Re Open threads from the dark ages..

Qfmft.

roosterjuicer
10-21-2007, 06:29 AM
a classic was a friend of mine who got a 50 shot on his accord after fast and the furious came out and thought he would smoke camaro's because a 50 shot of nos=100hp...then he wouldn't understand that 50shot=50hp and even if it gave him 100hp he still wouldn't have enough power to keep.

Another guy in bootcamp was talking about how his s2000 could beat anything, when I called him out on it he goes, "well i swapped in a TVR motor, it cost me 1500$ my brother owns a race shop" then he goes on to explain to everyone that "TVR makes some of the best race engines in germany"... rediculous.

SlickHolden
10-21-2007, 09:48 AM
Qfmft.
que era aquele?

Quiggs
10-21-2007, 11:12 AM
Quoted for mother****ing truth.

MadMax13
10-21-2007, 11:50 AM
I love the guys that think they know more about cars than you and the only one theyve heard of is the Ferrari Enzo, which they call the Enzo Ferrari...

SlickHolden
10-21-2007, 12:16 PM
Quoted for mother****ing truth.
hahahahaha:D i like that:D.

kingofthering
10-21-2007, 01:20 PM
I love the guys that think they know more about cars than you and the only one theyve heard of is the Ferrari Enzo, which they call the Enzo Ferrari...

wow... you actually said something that made sense! :O :D

With that said, that is true. But it is the Enzo Ferrari Enzo.

Anyway... I hate people who don't take your advice. This one person, whom I'll refer to as X, asked for my advice to buy a car. So I gave him some suggestions. But he basically ignores it and focuses his search on a car with a salvage title and Lamborghini doors, because it's cheap.

He also then pointed out a piece of rice and said it was "HELLA TIGHT".

P3RG4R3C
10-21-2007, 01:24 PM
lol Ferrari Enzo Ferari btw :D

Quiggs
10-21-2007, 01:34 PM
It's the Enzo Ferrari Ferrari Enzo GTR Spec V Edition.

kingofthering
10-21-2007, 01:45 PM
It's the Enzo Ferrari Ferrari Enzo GTR Spec V Edition.

No, it's the Enzo Ferrari Enzo GT-R V-Spec II NuR Type-R VR6 GT3 4 V12 Burberry AMG M BonJovi edition.

Quiggs
10-21-2007, 01:55 PM
No, it's the Enzo Ferrari Enzo GT-R V-Spec II NuR Type-R VR6 GT3 4 V12 Burberry AMG M BonJovi edition.I approve this message. http://images.zeroforum.com/smile/emthup.gif

Waugh-terfall
10-21-2007, 02:15 PM
What, because it includes 'VR6' and 'BonJovi Edition'? HAHAHA

Walking home from school a yellow Lamborghini Countache past a friend and I and I went 'WO! Countache! Listen to that!' friend goes 'HAHAHA, TOM GOT A CAR WRONG! OH MY GOD! That's a f**king Fezza you d**k!' So I was like 'Prancing bull, Lambo.' 'naah, that's Fezza! It was a 360 you idiot. '360's don't have V12's THAT was a V12' so I came in the next day with a picture of a yellow 360 and a yellow Countache. He was quite embarrassed.

PsychoChimp22
10-21-2007, 02:16 PM
No, it's the Enzo Ferrari Enzo GT-R V-Spec II NuR Type-R VR6 GT3 4 V12 Burberry AMG M BonJovi edition.

Touché

Quiggs
10-21-2007, 02:25 PM
What, because it includes 'VR6' and 'BonJovi Edition'? HAHAHA
I happen to enjoy both of those things.

baddabang
10-21-2007, 03:02 PM
You guys forgot the V-tec part.

Quiggs
10-21-2007, 03:09 PM
It's VTECH, get it right.

Rockefella
10-21-2007, 03:42 PM

With that said, that is true. But it is the Enzo Ferrari Enzo.

I thought it was just Enzo Ferrari because the above just sounds retarded.

The_Canuck
10-21-2007, 03:54 PM
Why isn't it just the Ferrari Enzo, last name first name style?

MadMax13
10-21-2007, 04:42 PM
It is just "Ferrari Enzo", however for some reason people, usually young ignorant children who actually PAID to go see "Redline", think its "Enzo Ferrari"...

Oh, and i was just wondering if any of the mods spotted 'King looking for a fight, because if they didnt i can just respond to his statement and get my infraction out of the way...

Rockefella
10-21-2007, 07:49 PM
It is just "Ferrari Enzo", however for some reason people, usually young ignorant children who actually PAID to go see "Redline", think its "Enzo Ferrari"...

From Wikipedia:

The Enzo Ferrari is sometimes referred to colloquially (some say incorrectly) as the Ferrari Enzo and F60; this gives the false impression that it was named for Ferrari's 60th anniversary, which is 2007 rather than 2003 when the Enzo was launched (the official internal nomenclature is actually F131). The Ferrari Enzo Ferrari is commonly referred to as just the "Enzo" with no marque or other words attached.

The car is named after the company's founder, Enzo Ferrari, who died in 1988. Some say that it's full name is the Ferrari Enzo Ferrari because it has the founder's full name.

Oh, and i was just wondering if any of the mods spotted 'King looking for a fight, because if they didnt i can just respond to his statement and get my infraction out of the way...

THIS is starting a fight?

Stop acting like a complete tool. Note the god damn smiley and stop taking words as a stake to the heart. Hell, I have my picture posted up in someone's avatar slating me as a murderer. If you love arguing and starting trouble around here so much, you'd probably be better off in a white supremacist forum or something.

70cuda88
10-21-2007, 08:27 PM
i know a lot of smart a** kids who think a Mclaren is a Ferrari F50...

But mostly i hear more, "my uncle/brother/2yonephew owns a race shop in cali and can get me all the parts i need for free but i dont have the time to go up there...

clutch-monkey
10-21-2007, 10:31 PM
Hell, I have my picture posted up in someone's avatar slating me as a murderer. If

i hate people who kill guinea pigs :D :p

MadMax13
10-21-2007, 10:44 PM
A. Ferrari came out publicly and said it was the the Ferrari Enzo, not the Enzo Ferrari.

B. I could care less if there is a smiley next to your statement, ive made statements with smileys next to them and still recieved either a whining session from a mod or and infraction.

Rockefella
10-22-2007, 12:12 AM
I could care less if there is a smiley next to your statement, ive made statements with smileys next to them and still recieved either a whining session from a mod or and infraction.

Stop being a god damn punk. You receive infractions for excessive cussing, insults, and piss-poor attitude. That and this is your second account. Your first account PininfarinaPIMP was permabanned for the same garbage.

BTW, I looked at your infractions and my PM that I sent you, and NONE of the posts had any smileys, except for this one: :rolleyes: which I found condescending in its usage.

fisetdavid26
10-22-2007, 08:42 AM
A. Ferrari came out publicly and said it was the the Ferrari Enzo, not the Enzo Ferrari.
FAIL. It's named Enzo Ferrari on their website. Also on Wikipedia. The logo inside the car is Enzo Ferrari's signature, which is also the logo for the car. Ferrari stated numerous times it was the Enzo Ferrari. They always did. They always will.

Make: Ferrari
Model: Enzo Ferrari
Complete Name: Ferrari Enzo Ferrari.

</debate>

Waugh-terfall
10-22-2007, 11:49 AM
HAHA, somebody just got told.

MadMax13
10-22-2007, 11:59 AM
A. Yes, i do recieve infractions for foul language, and i am made aware of it in the thread. However ive just about had it with getting attacked and given infractions for things that i sit here and read and absolutely no one says anything about, and it can be foul language, racist statements or comments or other things. Im sorry if it hurts your feelings but the mods are about as consistent, and sometimes rational, as George Bush...
On the Ferrari note, Wiki is a useless source for facts because anyone can log on and change the information to suit their view, ie. corporations. As far as the Ferrari website, is that the official website or is it Ferrari of ..., not to mention on a television program Ferrari himself, his son, called it the Ferrari Enzo.

fisetdavid26
10-22-2007, 12:03 PM
On the Ferrari not, Wiki is a useless source for facts because anyone can log on and change the information to suit their view, ie. corporations. As far as the Ferrari website, is that the official website or is it Ferrari of ....
Official website, as in Ferrariworld.com. I agree about Wikipedia, however the articles are getting more and more accurate.

MadMax13
10-22-2007, 01:47 PM
Well Ferrari needs to make a ****ing choice because now im confused, if its Enzo Ferrari on FerrariWorld, and Piero says its the Ferrari Enzo, then what the hell is it?!?!?!...

Waugh-terfall
10-22-2007, 02:15 PM
Enzo Ferrari Enzo

it's really not that difficult

You don't always have to call it that, I'm sure people will understand what you mean when you say 'Enzo' or 'Ferrari Enzo' or whatever.

MadMax13
10-22-2007, 02:26 PM
Yeah but thats the whole mystery, which is it???...

Now dont go ruining the mystery...

Waugh-terfall
10-22-2007, 02:30 PM
I just said, now go to bed.

The_Canuck
10-22-2007, 02:43 PM
Yeah but...even if it's Ferrari Enzo Ferrari/Enzo Ferrari Enzo, you sound like a moron saying it.

Rockefella
10-22-2007, 03:20 PM
A. Yes, i do recieve infractions for foul language, and i am made aware of it in the thread. However ive just about had it with getting attacked and given infractions for things that i sit here and read and absolutely no one says anything about, and it can be foul language, racist statements or comments or other things. Im sorry if it hurts your feelings but the mods are about as consistent, and sometimes rational, as George Bush...

If you can point out where moderators have been inconsistent with members' posts and attitudes, I'll agree with your statement. Until then, you are an incomprehensible fool.

Anyone can go out and say the moderating crew is composed of idiots and biased disciplinarians, but without proof that means nothing.

MadMax13
10-22-2007, 06:28 PM
Unlike the pack of mods im not enough of a sissy cry baby to search back dozens of threads, thousands of posts, to find where one person committed an infraction, or in this case a moderator was incosistent.
To Canuck, EXACTLY, thats what im trying to say, you have to say one and its unclear which is right, however combining both makes you sound like a invalid...

Sledgehammer
10-22-2007, 07:49 PM
What does searching threads for cooborating information have to do with someone being a "sissy cry baby"? By not providing a foundation for your argument you are setting yourself up to be wrong. How can you be right if you have no proof? I could make the statement "My car is the fastest car ever" but without any proof, what good is it?

johnnynumfiv
10-22-2007, 07:55 PM
I hate myself.

MRR
10-22-2007, 08:24 PM
Unlike the pack of mods im not enough of a sissy cry baby to search back dozens of threads, thousands of posts, to find where one person committed an infraction, or in this case a moderator was incosistent.
To Canuck, EXACTLY, thats what im trying to say, you have to say one and its unclear which is right, however combining both makes you sound like a invalid...

http://www.threadbombing.com/data/media/29/batman.jpg

Rockefella
10-23-2007, 12:42 PM
What does searching threads for cooborating information have to do with someone being a "sissy cry baby"? By not providing a foundation for your argument you are setting yourself up to be wrong. How can you be right if you have no proof? I could make the statement "My car is the fastest car ever" but without any proof, what good is it?

Exactly. Max, just give up because you embarrass yourself more and more every time you post.

kingofthering
10-23-2007, 08:40 PM
I hate to kick a downed man, but seriously, you're not going to be loved or taken seriously if you keep jumping on people/subjects because they are "racist".

I'm not making this up, your first few posts basically slammed one of our Australian members for his "racism". Chill man.

MadMax13
10-25-2007, 02:02 PM
A. Just because im the only one bright enough to see the underlying racism in someones statement doesnt make me stupid, unless youre American, then there is no such thing as racism anymore.

B. Dont get on me because im the only ****ing one whos actually got the bollocks to call the person out on it. For christs sake sometimes i almost believe black folk when they say all white people are racist...

Rockefella
10-25-2007, 02:40 PM
A. Just because im the only one bright enough

Questionable.

underlying racism in someones statement doesnt make me stupid, unless youre American, then there is no such thing as racism anymore.

You're a fanatical psychopath. Go to Africa and help in the AIDS cause or something.

Dont get on me because im the only ****ing one whos actually got the bollocks to call the person out on it. For christs sake sometimes i almost believe black folk when they say all white people are racist...

Let's play the 'What this forum is not' game. This forum is not a:

- Barbie Doll Forum
- Leukemia Awareness Foundation
- Sports Betting Site
- Pornography
- Democracy

I expect you'll be receiving your second permanent ban soon Pininfarina Pimp.

Quiggs
10-25-2007, 03:17 PM
Let's play the 'What this forum is not' game. This forum is not a:

- Barbie Doll Forum
- Leukemia Awareness Foundation
- Sports Betting Site
- Pornography
- DemocracyOoh, ooh, can I play too?

-Alcoholics Anonymous forum
-Pyramid scheme
-Place to buy mail-order Russian brides

kingofthering
10-25-2007, 07:54 PM
A. Just because im the only one bright enough to see the underlying racism in someones statement doesnt make me stupid, unless youre American, then there is no such thing as racism anymore.

B. Dont get on me because im the only ****ing one whos actually got the bollocks to call the person out on it. For christs sake sometimes i almost believe black folk when they say all white people are racist...

There's a fine line between calling everyone a racist and correcting someone's bias.

You've called just about everyone and everything a racist bigot. In case you're wondering, I'm an "ignorant" American who also happens to be a minority :rolleyes:

I believe that you're the naive fool. ;)

Enough serious crap from me, and to continue the above game, this thread is not...

a black market
a pipe bomb.

whiteballz
10-25-2007, 08:11 PM
This forum is not my home.
or your home.

But OUR home, full of multicultural peoples of all races and religions getting along in perfect harmony. :p

MadMax13
10-25-2007, 08:15 PM
There's a fine line between calling everyone a racist and correcting someone's bias.

You've called just about everyone and everything a racist bigot. In case you're wondering, I'm an "ignorant" American who also happens to be a minority :rolleyes:

I believe that you're the naive fool. ;)

Enough serious crap from me, and to continue the above game, this thread is not...

a black market
a pipe bomb.

Well if you were only half a bright as you think you would notice that i havent called anyone racist who hasnt made a racist statement. Im sorry if i call out the member who makes the statement that minorities ruin it for others as being a racist, i know the truth is harsh, and for anything to be racist it has to come in the form of a skinhead calling someone a nigger, chink, etc. but if the village of idiots isnt bright enough to see it then someones got to speak up...

kingofthering
10-25-2007, 08:48 PM
Well if you were only half a bright as you think you would notice that i havent called anyone racist who hasnt made a racist statement. Im sorry if i call out the member who makes the statement that minorities ruin it for others as being a racist, i know the truth is harsh, and for anything to be racist it has to come in the form of a skinhead calling someone a nigger, chink, etc. but if the village of idiots isnt bright enough to see it then someones got to speak up...

My dear boy, having read what I've read, studied what I've studied, I know racism 1st hand. I've studied the whole god-damn thing so I know one when I see one.

There IS a fine line between jokes, sarcasm, satire, and outright racism. How do I know this? Well... I am a goddamn minority!!!! surprised, eh? I know when someone's being a damn racist so I don't need some self-loathing jerk to tell me if someone's a racist.

In case you're wondering, I am NOT a follower who worships the ground Bush walks on. I know about the shit that happened in Vietnam/Korea, the shit Fox pushes on us, the fact that the Government took advantage of 9/11 and used fear of Bin Laden to manipulate us into signing over our civil liberties. But I appreciate Capitalism, the fact that I can have as many children as I want to, the fact that I can buy my own damn car without worrying that I'll die when it hits a pole at 10 m.p.h. because it was built using shoddy crap.

MadMax13
10-25-2007, 10:13 PM
Of course youve seen it all at the age of 16, i should have known wise Jedi. Let me tell you something, ive seen racism as well, the in your face kind as well as the follow you around the store kind and the most prevalent, and the kind hardly anyone notices, is the racism in peoples comments, mainly because they are comments and no one pays any attention to them in that sense. And i have no idea what the **** you are on about with this pro Bush shit. And last i called out some little shit taking the piss, since when i take the piss i get a "now now" because im trying to start a fight, i wasnt expecting a crowd of onlookers to start a ****ing riot...

DesmoRob
10-25-2007, 10:19 PM
Can't we all just get along? :D

MadMax13
10-25-2007, 10:22 PM
Good question...

MadMax13
10-25-2007, 10:28 PM
Hey, is UCP still doing BATRacer seasons???...

cargirl1990
04-13-2009, 08:09 PM
vette's had flippin inline 6's in the first ones that is!

johnnynumfiv
04-13-2009, 08:10 PM
vette's a flippin inline 6's in the first ones that is!

Really now?
Welcome ucp.

kennyknoxville
04-24-2009, 08:24 AM
...hate people

Ferrer
04-24-2009, 08:31 AM
...hate people
So, do you hate yourself?