PDA

View Full Version : My dad owns a...[im not old enough to drive...]

DwZX35
10-11-2003, 08:25 PM
2002 Lexus LS430, I know a lot of people say that its such a Mercedes poser and all, but if you ride in it, you'll realize it competes with cars well above its price range.

Consumer reports did a test recently, and it won, It was up against: an S-class, 745IL, Jaguar XJ8, and like two others, it easily had the best reliability rating, being japanese, the BMW and S-class were not so spectacular in that area, (my dad tested an S-class, he loved it, he went over 100 mph on the road, but the reliability kept us from buying it) and the interior is gorgeous.

Its pearl-white, automatic, and has around 30,000 awesome miles.

SL500
10-12-2003, 01:23 AM
Originally posted by DwZX35
2002 Lexus LS430, I know a lot of people say that its such a Mercedes poser and all, but if you ride in it, you'll realize it competes with cars well above its price range.

Consumer reports did a test recently, and it won, It was up against: an S-class, 745IL, Jaguar XJ8, and like two others, it easily had the best reliability rating, being japanese, the BMW and S-class were not so spectacular in that area, (my dad tested an S-class, he loved it, he went over 100 mph on the road, but the reliability kept us from buying it) and the interior is gorgeous.

Its pearl-white, automatic, and has around 30,000 awesome miles.
oh,okay,its cheap and good for its class
but ugly,not?

DwZX35
10-18-2003, 08:31 PM
Originally posted by SL500
oh,okay,its cheap and good for its class
but ugly,not?
Ugly? Um, If you think every car in its class is ugly (besides the 7 series I understand:) ) It looks a lot like an S-class (here come the, oh this is such a Mercedes poser, flames)

Its also considered to be one of the best cars to own

oh wait, your SL 500, I forgot how much you hate any asian cars:p

SL500
10-18-2003, 11:00 PM
Originally posted by DwZX35
Ugly? Um, If you think every car in its class is ugly (besides the 7 series I understand:) ) It looks a lot like an S-class (here come the, oh this is such a Mercedes poser, flames)

Its also considered to be one of the best cars to own

oh wait, your SL 500, I forgot how much you hate any asian cars:p
:confused:
I don't hate any asian cars,i think the SC is ugly and haven't a good exterior styling.

Misho
10-18-2003, 11:22 PM
:confused:
I don't hate any asian cars,i think the SC is ugly and haven't a good exterior styling.

Oh come on man, we all know u hate japanese cars !! u even said like a million times before !!
anyways, the LS isnt really good looking to be honest but its an excellent car thats just underrated.
it does lack however the class and panache associated with its competitors from Europe.

SL500
10-19-2003, 03:18 AM
Originally posted by Misho
Oh come on man, we all know u hate japanese cars !! u even said like a million times before !!
anyways, the LS isnt really good looking to be honest but its an excellent car thats just underrated.
it does lack however the class and panache associated with its competitors from Europe.
LS or SC??????
LS430 is a rival for S-class
and SC430 is a rival for SL-class

DwZX35
10-19-2003, 07:34 AM
LS or SC??????
LS430 is a rival for S-class
and SC430 is a rival for SL-class

and in reliability and price it beats them both. If The LS had the sportyness, it would dominate the category

Motorer1
10-20-2003, 11:36 AM
Mad props on the cheap luxury. tell your pops he did a good buy. ;)

DwZX35
10-22-2003, 07:22 PM
I think he wanted an S-class, but if you look at consumer reports, you'll see exactly why he didn't get one

Motorer1
10-26-2003, 10:37 PM
yeah, i see, the LS430 is definatly a great buy. I give you a thumbsup. :thumbsup: