PDA

View Full Version : Ferrari 355 Spider

islero
09-27-2004, 03:40 AM
Hi guys. This time, I've tried a bit of lowering with a 355 Spider. It hasn't come out as well as expected though. How do you like the two-tone paint and the wheels? Cheers :)
Oh, and if this pic belongs to any one of you using this site, I'm sorry :D

stratos
09-27-2004, 03:51 AM
poor ferrari :p ;) ..... but you need to try to do your chop more clean m8 :)

SPHFerrari
09-27-2004, 03:53 AM
well... those wheels are an interesting shade of yellow, try making it a little more orange if youre going for the gold look, or play around with the coloring a bit. also, the lowering was peobably a little useless, its very low already. it wasnt a bad idea to try and color in the background, even though it wasnt too distracting from the car, but it looks like you just used a small brush on the same layer as the car. my suggestion is mkae a new layer and use a lasso tool to select just the area behind the car, so you dont have gaps, or, even worse, color over it at all. then, you will get a nice clean background which could look realy nice. a nice alternative is to make a gradient with like some blues/grays, nothing too flashey. then you need to color behind the windsheild, which is a little more complicated. for the paint job, lasso the entire car, ecluding the wheels, then duplicate the layer. then you can change the color and cut out the parts that need to stay the original or clear, like the windows, lightsm grilles and emblems, etc. these are all in the Photoshop Bible, a good tut that i dont feel like linking right now, im sure sum1 else will post it. this is all ussuming u used ps, not paint, otherwise i cant help you

SPHFerrari
09-27-2004, 03:56 AM
another thing is dont color the brake disks, thats very unrealistic. and the reflection of the building is in the car, so i wouldnt try and color it out or it will be fairly obvious when people are studying it. of course, i just noticed it and i looked at the chop pretty hard, so maybe not, but there are people with much more trained eyes than me. good start though. maybe when i return from school ill try something with that photo

danno
09-27-2004, 03:58 AM
hmmmm..........i think it needs a little more work. instead of just erasing, how about selecting the whole area carefully with the lassoo tool and deleting? it looks much cleaner.

85RX7
09-27-2004, 04:19 AM
just try and clean it up arround the wheel arches.

McLareN
09-27-2004, 05:38 AM
Looks a bit messy.

cuntukimushroom
09-27-2004, 06:01 AM
wheels look dodgy lol yellow

islero
09-27-2004, 06:15 AM
Hmmm....most of you don't like the wheels....I'll try another style....stay tuned!!!

islero
09-27-2004, 06:16 AM
Oh, and thanks for the advice, SPHFerrari.