PDA

View Full Version : Need for Speed: Underground

DwZX35
10-12-2003, 05:20 PM
I will love this game! people complain about it not having muscle cars, what? What?? WHAT??! Its urban street racing, you morons.

www.needforspeed.com

I'm on the NFS:U message boards as Dw785

SL500
10-12-2003, 11:32 PM
Originally posted by DwZX35
I will love this game! people complain about it not having muscle cars, what? What?? WHAT??! Its urban street racing, you morons.

www.needforspeed.com

I'm on the NFS:U message boards as Dw785
this game really sux
just has the crap japanese carz

DwZX35
10-17-2003, 04:00 PM
Originally posted by SL500
this game really sux
just has the crap japanese carz

thats what the people on the board are saying, but as soon as those people played the demo, their mind changed completely, and by dissing japanese cars, your dissin the supra, skyline, NSX, and every other amazing japanese car ever made. They easily have the best reliability of just about every car made today, and braggable handling and weight, and if you still think japanese cars suck, you are simply and truly in denial of how good japanese cars can be and are

Motorer1
10-20-2003, 11:42 AM
Great, they had to make a sequel to nfs, hot pursuit.. Now I am gonna have to worship UNDERGROUND.

DwZX35
10-20-2003, 05:29 PM
Originally posted by Motorer1
Great, they had to make a sequel to nfs, hot pursuit.. Now I am gonna have to worship UNDERGROUND.
its not a sequel, notice no hot pursuit

16-4Veyron
11-02-2003, 12:16 PM
ya no shit, its a sequel 2 nfs, not nfs-hp

I also noticed what SL500 said, "this game really sux,
just has the crap japanese carz"

true dat biznitch :D

DwZX35
11-02-2003, 01:51 PM
well, two of the bigest import-haters posted here to make fun of it, no surprise

Motorer1
11-03-2003, 12:25 PM
I wanna drift that Skyline in the screenshots. Looks good. I think this is the first game to have custom paint. :0

white devil
11-03-2003, 02:47 PM
this game seems to be nice but only japanees car i agree with you SL500
for me their is no BMW so i wont like it at least their sould be somthing faster than that:p

r34_296kw
12-02-2003, 07:36 PM
i have played a demo and i just luv da game......

Egg Nog
12-03-2003, 12:11 AM
As far as racing games go, I'm pretty unimpressed with this one. Don't get me wrong, I don't hate any of the cars in the game. The game has an awful physics engine, and incorporates bonuses for overdone bodykits (car appearance). To get "huge respect" or "props" or whatever you might call it, you need neons, a massive spoiler, stickers, etc.

Drag race mode is fun, and I imagine drift mode would be pretty cool, but the actual racing bit is lame. Hell, if you want to drift and race at the same time, get Rallisport Challenge :) It's awesome.

I think it'd be sweet in this game to get no "respect" for your stock-looking NSX/RX-7/350Z, and then surprise 'em with 800hp under the skin :) It's sweet that you can modify your cars to that extent.

DwZX35
12-03-2003, 06:00 PM
Originally posted by white devil
this game seems to be nice but only japanees car i agree with you SL500
for me their is no BMW so i wont like it at least their sould be somthing faster than that:p

so basically your saying a Bimmer can beat any car in this game?

the biggest downturn I find without having played it yet was no NSX.

And it has more than all japanese cars, focus, neon, peugot 206 GTI, VW golf GTi, and a Hyundai Tibnuron GT!

r34_296kw
12-03-2003, 06:33 PM

the biggest downturn I find without having played it yet was no NSX.

And it has more than all japanese cars, focus, neon, peugot 206 GTI, VW golf GTi, and a Hyundai Tibnuron GT! oh tru ay no NSX watta shame.........if they want this game to be good then they should have good cars like skyline r34 gt-r v spec II and NSX and so on.....besides its still a good game and you can get it in stores here for around $99 (thats for PC) or you can get them brand new from private sellers for around $50.

Falcon500
12-03-2003, 07:02 PM
And it has more than all japanese cars, focus, neon, peugot 206 GTI, VW golf GTi, and a Hyundai Tibnuron GT! WOOOOOOOW what a range on offer there. I think it would be a goodgame if it had the same kind of range the other NFS series had and if modifying didnt include stickers and fart pipes and neons and other such "performace" gear.

r34_296kw
12-03-2003, 07:10 PM
Originally posted by Falcon500
WOOOOOOOW what a range on offer there. I think it would be a goodgame if it had the same kind of range the other NFS series had and if modifying didnt include stickers and fart pipes and neons and other such "performace" gear. yea tru ay... besides if you buy from trademe you can get it for around $40 brand new but without a instruction manual...watta bummer, or you can buy from EA for $39.95 (not sure which currency) even if its US currency it'll still be cheaper than buying in stores as since the NZ dollar has been gaining a steady rise so there wouldnt be that much of a price difference than before.

Batmobile_Turbo
12-03-2003, 08:19 PM
this is an awseme game, i can't wait to tune that VW GTI in the full version.:cool:

white devil
12-03-2003, 08:19 PM

NO i tried to say that if they did not have any BMW they should at least have a car as the same range of BMW :p

i mean i don t like much the asian cars i like more European cars, and some Asian cars such as the skyline ,rx8,rx7,acura,lexus......

i am sure you know my taste now :p

Batmobile_Turbo
12-03-2003, 08:24 PM
Originally posted by white devil
NO i tried to say that if they did not have any BMW they should at least have a car as the same range of BMW :p

i mean i don t like much the asian cars i like more European cars, and some Asian cars such as the skyline ,rx8,rx7,acura,lexus......

i am sure you know my taste now :p
they have the rx7.

-datsun 1600-
12-03-2003, 09:55 PM
sounds like a good game. I read in the latest Speed that its got "100s" of mods to choose from

Falcon500
12-04-2003, 02:30 AM
Well its not all bad r34 if you look around im sure you could find an online manual and if you brouse the cd youll probly find a manual of somekind somewhere.

r34_296kw
12-04-2003, 02:56 AM
Originally posted by Falcon500
Well its not all bad r34 if you look around im sure you could find an online manual and if you brouse the cd youll probly find a manual of somekind somewhere. oh yeah tru ay

Motorer1
12-04-2003, 01:03 PM
Just bought it, and I have to say, it is super fun. I had the most problems with the drifting, but once you figure it out, the points fly.

LOVE MY WRX!!!! I have the rose unique vinyl on it, it looks PIMP.

DwZX35
12-05-2003, 05:59 PM
http://www.eagames.com/official/nfs/underground/en/carlist.jsp?show=carlist&platformID=all&skin=default

that is where the car list is

Motorer1
12-08-2003, 12:53 PM
What kind of car do you have in the game?

16-4Veyron
12-09-2003, 10:37 PM
i just started reading the thread, so after the first thing i decided to say that no1 really cars if these r muscle-cars or not.... it about the plastic jap-crap (no pun intended) pecies of $#!^... i don care if its an "urban street racer" or whatever u wanna call it, everything about this poser NOS game (i like to call that hole "urban, 2f2f" thing NOS for short .;) ). graphics suck... gameplay is gay... graphics suck.... and the graphics REALLY suck, did i mention THE GRAPHICS SUCK ASS!!!!!!!

r34_296kw
12-09-2003, 11:15 PM
Originally posted by 16-4Veyron
i just started reading the thread, so after the first thing i decided to say that no1 really cars if these r muscle-cars or not.... it about the plastic jap-crap (no pun intended) pecies of $#!^... i don care if its an "urban street racer" or whatever u wanna call it, everything about this poser NOS game (i like to call that hole "urban, 2f2f" thing NOS for short .;) ). graphics suck... gameplay is gay... graphics suck.... and the graphics REALLY suck, did i mention THE GRAPHICS SUCK ASS!!!!!!! well 4rm my point of view a crap person will try 2 make every1 and everything good sound like crap

Falcon500
12-10-2003, 05:31 AM
I got a free copy of sports car GT the other day and i must say its the most realistic gameplay wise ive ever played on any home machine and like a real racing car game when you spin you really do spin rather then doing 30 360s and then going straight again and winning the race.
The best arcade machine i have played would have to be a game called inital D by sega its graphics are great the stering wheel has feel too itand even the break pedelhas weight too it. The onlydown side isyour racing rice and there is only one song oh and it costs $2 pergame as well as $2 for your save game card (very neat idea)

DwZX35
12-12-2003, 05:35 PM
Originally posted by Motorer1
What kind of car do you have in the game?
unfortunatly I'm getting the game for christmas

Batmobile_Turbo
12-12-2003, 10:31 PM
unfortunatly I'm getting the game for christmas
why unfortunately?

DwZX35
12-13-2003, 12:32 PM
Originally posted by Batmobile_Turbo
why unfortunately?
let me rephrase: Unfortunatly, I have to wait for christmas to play my game

carnut
12-18-2003, 07:33 PM
This game looks really cool.

carnut
12-18-2003, 07:33 PM
pic#2

carnut
12-18-2003, 07:34 PM
pic#3

carnut
12-18-2003, 07:35 PM
pic#4

DwZX35
12-23-2003, 09:37 AM
i just started reading the thread, so after the first thing i decided to say that no1 really cars if these r muscle-cars or not.... it about the plastic jap-crap (no pun intended) pecies of $#!^... i don care if its an "urban street racer" or whatever u wanna call it, everything about this poser NOS game (i like to call that hole "urban, 2f2f" thing NOS for short .;) ). graphics suck... gameplay is gay... graphics suck.... and the graphics REALLY suck, did i mention THE GRAPHICS SUCK ASS!!!!!!!

you're an idiot, this game has some of the best graphics on any game ever made easy, not to mention this game is a nominee for best car game of the year, this game is said to give you the best sense of speed of any car game ever, and NOS is a company, not an abreviation, dipshit.

Batmobile_Turbo
12-23-2003, 10:51 AM
oh my god! YOU ARE AN IDIOT!! i'm some '1' who 'cars' about this game you must have not been whereing your glasses while looking at the screen shots and if you don't have glasses GET SOME!! and also.... what pun? jap-crap is not a pun it's just 2 ryming words that don't belong together in the automobile world. and it's NFS not NOS.

Falcon500
12-23-2003, 06:53 PM
Yeah but its like one ofmy saying what ever floats your boat. The man is entiteld to his opinions and im tending to side with him. And while these performance jap cars have their places the fart piped, ground effects and blow off valves this game shows dont really have anything to do with performance.
And should i mention despite its good gameplay it still doesnt hold a candel to even driving your car around you own back yard!. Its impossible to capture even normal driving let alone real full on racing in a computer sim.

DwZX35
12-30-2003, 09:35 PM
I finally got it. I don't think I've ever yelled at a game this much in my life! It's still good, repetitive though, and hard.

Egg Nog
12-30-2003, 10:59 PM
Egg Nog's Review of Need For Speed: Underground

Well, I finally got around to [pirating and] playing the full version of this game, and I must say, I'm pretty disappointed. I picked an MX-5 because it was the only RWD car I could choose at first, and was happily keeping it completely stock-looking. Then, suddenly, I had to start doing "reputation" mods (aka overdone bodykits) just so I could keep entering all the competitions that all the "urban" wigger characters would challenge. I eventually traded the MX-5 in for an RX-7, but it soon suffered the same fate. My car, eventually, was forced into being completely riced out, with tacky 19" rims, a massive spoiler, and that hideous "underglow" stuff to boot...

This game has some of the worst physics I've ever seen, which seem to be designed to make the game easier. I found myself keeping extreme grip rounding tight corners at 290km/h :rolleyes: And drifting with a stock FWD car? Yeah right... at least they should've made drift mode RWD only. I can see why they tone down the physics for some games, but this was just heinous.

Personally, I found the game to be pretty easy. I played every drift and drag track on "hard" mode and only ever picked "medium" for some of the tedious 6&7 lap races.

Anyway, if your tastes are anything like mine are, don't buy this game. I'm glad I didn't.

Egg Nog
12-30-2003, 11:10 PM
NOS is a company, not an abreviation, dipshit.

Wow, that was a pretty nice thing to say.

Actually it's an acronym and not a company, but rather a sub-company. And in general automotive terms, the acronym should stand for "New Old Stock" rather than a name-brand of nitrous oxide setups.

Just for the record, NOS is actually a Trademark owned by Holley performance, and it's the name that they brand on their nitrous systems.

In short, it's a sub-company and and an abbreviation. "Nitrous Oxide Systems"

After the Rice and the Rediculous came out, NOS, a fairly popular automotive acronym, was replaced with an entirely new, immature use. Most people don't even understand the principles behind nitrous oxide, let alone know the dangers and myths surrounding it.

Anyway, what did it stand for before? Here's the archaic definition, straight from the Babylon Dictionary of Automotive terms:

NOS: Acronym for "new old stock." These are parts that originally were available from the manufacturer of an automobile. They have never been used, thus they are "new." But they also may have been on the shelf for decades, thus are "old."

fpv_gtho
12-30-2003, 11:11 PM
i got the game for christmas, and i love it. people can whinge all they want about the physics engine but the fact is, NFS have always made arcade games and it seems they always will. if you want something realistic, hold out for gran turismo 4 or something, theyre gunna put a physics engine on the scenery similar to what they put on the cars!!

God, this is the 7th NFS out and if you havent figured out they dont try and make it realistic yet then your wasting your money buying their games. 7 games and everytime theyve been able to come out on top again with a different style. come on, start giving them credit would ya

The Tuner
12-31-2003, 06:54 AM
I found myself keeping extreme grip rounding tight corners at 290km/h :rolleyes: And drifting with a stock FWD car? Yeah right... at least they should've made drift mode RWD only. I can see why they tone down the physics for some games, but this was just heinous.

i havta say that some of the stuff thts been sed here is doing less than justice to underground, but i fully agree wit wat egg nog sed. drifting wit a stok fwd is not normal.....
but then again, this game is for those ppl who converted to car worship after waching fast & furious n 2f2f...so for them, its all abt fancy paint jobs, wierd stikers, crapy shit like neons and loud noises....jus wat they saw on the movie. so as far as that goes, nfs isnt a bad game at all....

Quiggs
12-31-2003, 09:12 AM
I like it. It's fun. NFS hasn't ever been about realism, and if they changed it now, they'd be "trying to be like Gran Turismo." As for the part about having to upgrade your car's looks. That's annoying. I had to buy a carbon fiber hood and neons to enter the one race. But I took them off after that.

On a side note, anyone know an official-that-will-get-bumped-back-another-3-months release date for Gran Turismo 4? I'm buying a PS2 online adapter just for that game...

fpv_gtho
12-31-2003, 05:39 PM
ive heard late february

JJ72
01-09-2004, 10:50 AM
I bet anyone who enjoy driving real cars will hate the physics in this game.

it's so ****ing retarded.

i dont' complain rice, i don't complain about just having import. i don't complain about the shiny but dizzing eye candy effects.

but the Physics just totally sucked....typical Ricer's game.
You could image all those kids playing online....

WTF they turn the classy NFS to a cheap american appeal game.

Falcon500
01-10-2004, 03:27 AM
I bet anyone who enjoy driving real cars will hate the physics in this game.

it's so ****ing retarded.

i dont' complain rice, i don't complain about just having import. i don't complain about the shiny but dizzing eye candy effects.

but the Physics just totally sucked....typical Ricer's game.
You could image all those kids playing online....

WTF they turn the classy NFS to a cheap american appeal game.
Well that game is specifically targeted (and not suggestion anything to users in the forum) who became car enthusiests because of the fast and the furious movies and Hot 4 magazines. The game really is a stoke of genius on their part there is a demand for such a game and their supplying that.
And i must admit my faveorite NFS game would of had to of been Number 1 not only because it was a cool game but the brillinat technical descruiptons of the car that had layout plans prices perforance and heaps in between.

JJ72
01-10-2004, 11:45 PM
That's a master stroke in terms of marketing.
But unfortunately as a old time NFS player i really feel like being left behind. :o

Recently all racing games on PC turns very arcade.....and we are left with no choice... but go for the private projects. :cool:

Falcon500
01-11-2004, 02:21 AM
Wll as i said you get the chance to go to the arcade go intial D youll love it.