PDA

View Full Version : Wheelchange tutorial needed!!

islero
09-27-2004, 06:13 PM
Someone please post a wheelchange tutorial! I'm only able to copy and paste the required rims onto the image. I'm not able to ove it after that!! PLease help!! :(

islero
09-27-2004, 06:15 PM
Oh, and how do I move the wheels, change their angle slightly, and merge them etc etc. Advice needed on this front too.

danno
09-27-2004, 06:17 PM
press ctrl + t and you can change all that stuff around. rotate, move, resize etc.

there should be a tutorial on it at www.digimods.co.uk

Rockefella
09-27-2004, 06:17 PM
find a car w/ good looking rims in a similar angle to the car you're chopping. Then, use the polygonal lasso/magnetic lasso/or elliptical marquee tool to outline the wheel, and then copy and paste it onto you're chopped/chopping image. When the rim appears as a new layer, hold ctrl and press t (ctrl + t) then use the grab handles to rotate/stretch/skew/ it and you can right click while the grab handles are around it to flip it, distort it, change its perspective, etc. When you get the rim to the desired setting, carefully move it over the existing tire/rim and then just apply the change. (you can apply it by pressing the marquee tool or the lasso tool and just click anywhere on the screen.) It would be a good idea to right click the layer w/ the rim, and rename the layer to Front rim, back rim, etc. in the layer properties. Hope that helps, good luck.

islero
09-27-2004, 06:21 PM
Thanks for the quick reply guys!! :D

Rockefella
09-27-2004, 06:22 PM
Thanks for the quick reply guys!! :D
quicker replies means you learn quicker and get to work sooner. :)

islero
09-27-2004, 08:04 PM
Yep, which is why I've done my first wheelchange chop in 1 hour flat. Take a look, and thanks again!