PDA

View Full Version : R.I.P. Biscuit

Renesis
09-29-2004, 06:57 PM
this thread is a tribute :(

at 730 eastern time (US) this morning i was heading to school. it was torrentially raining. visibility was poor. All of a sudden some guy in a utility truck blasts past a stop sign at 40 mjiles an hour in a 30 zone. i cant break, i cant swerve, i cant think. next thing i know my toyota camry is sideways onto the road and theres the airbag in my face. cars ruined, damage is all throughout the front even frontal engine damage on a recently rebuilt toyota stock engine. All that and i didnt even get a chance. Cars ruined, im okay, my arms bleeding and bruised completely. Internal bruising said the doctor to my chest, and shock. apparently tomorrow morning im gonna be so sore.

anyway the car's finished unless i choose to have it fixed, so until then and my decision i dedicate this one to my car, "biscuit". Rest in peices good friend. :(

Rockefella
09-29-2004, 07:03 PM
whoa... really sorry about you're car, and you're injuries. You don't know how lucky you are to be alright. :eek:

Renesis
09-29-2004, 07:05 PM
i count my blessings

henk4
09-29-2004, 07:27 PM
Good to hear that you are OK. This incident once more shows the potential lethal nature of these trucks. I hope you will not decide to also go for one as a replacement car in order to feel "more safe"

Quiggs
09-29-2004, 07:53 PM
Cars can be replaced. People can't.

Sounds like it's totalled. If it is, let it be totalled. Even 'fixed' cars are never the same.

taz_rocks_miami
09-29-2004, 11:10 PM
Cars can be replaced. People can't.

Sounds like it's totalled. If it is, let it be totalled. Even 'fixed' cars are never the same.

Well said Quiggs. Glad to see you're still with us dude! Did this guy who hit you have insurance? I hope so, that way they'll have to pay the med bills and a replacement for your car.

drakkie
09-30-2004, 07:44 AM
Glad to hear your ok, apart from these injuries.Doesnt the guy that was driving the truck has to pay the bills f he isnt insured ? ??New car and medical bills...hope he's a rich guy or has some savings... the son of GRFDT

byronleehk
09-30-2004, 09:13 AM
The most important thing is nobody's seriously hurt!

On the brighter side, that guy is going to pay for your next car and you can name her "Biscuit II" :)

:Exige:
09-30-2004, 09:43 AM
Same thing happened to a friend of mine .. just not as bad. Hope your alright enough to give your standard amount of posts :D Yeah .. never was good at being mournful :p

PerfAdv
09-30-2004, 12:28 PM
Glad to hear you weren't hurt too bad. As for the car if its 'crunched' pretty bad and the insurance gives you a choice, dump it. 'Fixed' cars are never the same. At best they'll squeak and creak a little. At worst....anything is possible. Plus, reconditioned-titled cars are hard to sell.

Renesis
09-30-2004, 06:13 PM
hey you guys are great thanks for the support
yeah the guy's paying for everything, or at least his insurance is. im not going to sue the guy, hes was so nervous after i felt bad. im only human :D
its going to be interesting to see what the reincarnation of biscuit will be :D

taz_rocks_miami
09-30-2004, 09:02 PM
hey you guys are great thanks for the support
yeah the guy's paying for everything, or at least his insurance is. im not going to sue the guy, hes was so nervous after i felt bad. im only human :D
its going to be interesting to see what the reincarnation of biscuit will be :D

Reincarnation:confused: So you're gonna get it fixed or replaced? Glad to hear the insurance is taking care of things BTW :)

The Tuner
10-01-2004, 10:18 AM
if it one of em newer camrys...u can get a pretty ncie replacement....if not, mebe, um, an old mini?
:D
jk

any ideas on wat u gona get?

Renesis
10-01-2004, 02:44 PM
yeah actually i do have a few ideas :p

2nd generation rx7- lacking an engine so i could swap a $2700 renesis in there
(edit: or at least try to. everything i do to cars is usually unusual) (wow that sounds wierd)

240z, again, probably one without an engine so then i could fit something interesting in there, for example a v6 mustang engine, or if im really cocky and feeling it a c5 but then id have suspension woes

late 90s mr2, not the spyder edition, the hardtop

these are just ideas. again, it all depends on how much insurance coughs up. and that not might be much as they told me that they would give me the equivalent of the value of the car ( :( )

Spastik_Roach
10-01-2004, 03:36 PM
a 2nd Gen with a Renesis, wow that'd be pretty awesome. Make sure to turbo it!!

Renesis
10-03-2004, 06:35 PM
turbo a renesis? maybe, but i think it's be better to port the f**k out of it

Karrmann
10-03-2004, 06:42 PM
sorry to hear that A Camry is a good reliable car :(

sorry to see it go, but glad you are ok.

here reading about other peoples incidents (http://www.car-accidents.com/pages/car_accident_photo.html) may help you feel better

and if that doesn't work, go here! (http://www.ebaumsworld.com)

skoobz
10-08-2004, 01:39 PM
hmm, i don't know how much damaged you've done to it, but my 2nd ride was a '89 porshe 930 turbo. i don't know how you drove, (i was 17, young, reckless, STUPID PIECE OF S*** self) but as for myself, pushed her too hard in the rain and clipped off the nose with a tele pole. but the bright side? the engine's in the back. so what did i do? treated her like michael jackson and had her nose redone: http://damonkee21.2waky.com/skoobz/porshe.gif she still purrrrs like a pus....i mean cat.

Esperante
10-08-2004, 06:42 PM
well, at least you didn't kill it :)

Renesis
10-08-2004, 07:10 PM
if that question was addressed to me, I have no idea what you mean--
the car is dead, block is cracked, broken radiator, chassis buckled about 6 inches. not worth saving, im over it.

still in the very long process of trying to squeeze money out of the other guy's insurance, might even seek litigation. For my injuries and everything I'm expecting 10,000 american.

so far im pitching for a 240z. because the airbag saved my life, im not going to sacrifice safety. the earlier 240 versions have no airbag. so im thinking harness. too expensive to install airbag, not even sure if possible.

again, this is a very long process, dont expect things settled until at least next march or so

peace- Ian

EDIT: scoobs-- ur an animal-- nice car

Esperante
10-08-2004, 08:36 PM
lol I was talkin about skoobz.