PDA

View Full Version : Just Wondering... .... ..... . . . . . . . .

PsychoChimp22
09-30-2004, 12:39 PM
I was just wondering, who made this website?? and who is hosting it?? :confused:

Karrmann
09-30-2004, 12:47 PM
Wouter Melisson created this sitealong with bez. and it is not hosted cause it has it's own url not www.angelfire.com/sitewhatever

PsychoChimp22
09-30-2004, 12:50 PM
Ok thx, but about hosting thats not what i ment. I mean.... is it some server in his bedroom (meaning that the maker is the host)?

BTW: when was it created

Karrmann
09-30-2004, 12:53 PM
yes it is hosted by Wouter. I think it was created 2 to 3 years ago.

Matt
09-30-2004, 01:09 PM
yes it is hosted by Wouter. I think it was created 2 to 3 years ago.

Wrong. Wouter does not host. There is a hosting company that houses the servers. The servers are in Texas. Wouter is in Europe.

Matt
09-30-2004, 01:10 PM
Wouter Melisson created this sitealong with bez. and it is not hosted cause it has it's own url not www.angelfire.com/sitewhatever

That has nothing to do with hosting. Well, not in the way you're trying to make it sound anyway...

cuntukimushroom
09-30-2004, 01:13 PM
then how did TruechaoZ become Admin when wouter isnt one?

Matt
09-30-2004, 01:15 PM
then how did TruechaoZ become Admin when wouter isnt one?

Wouter created and owns the site. However, Wouter does not do any of the programming. TCZ does that, so he has the admin rights. In truth, the Admin account has the most rights and just whoever needs it at the time, logs in as that user.

admin
09-30-2004, 01:26 PM
Ultimatecarpage.com is hosted by a Houston, Texas based company. It's run by Wouter Melissen (Managing Editor), with the help of <AAA-MOD> North American Reporter and Editor, TrueChaoz (Programmer) and of course the rest of the mods.

Company headquarters is in Rozenburg, The Netherlands.

Wouter Melissen

EDIT: We have been online for almost six years.

Wouter Melissen
09-30-2004, 01:36 PM
He's my best friend.

cuntukimushroom
09-30-2004, 01:40 PM
coool and only ten posts no wounder he hasnt been seen much!

hello im rhys!

Matt
09-30-2004, 01:43 PM
coool and only ten posts no wounder he hasnt been seen much!

hello im rhys!

Hello, my name's Matt. Sometimes, for fun, I like to call people stupid. I'm in a fun mood.

admin
09-30-2004, 01:44 PM
Hello I'm Wouter. People usually refer to me as Melis.

Karrmann
09-30-2004, 01:52 PM
I don't believe it!! wouter sets a rule for multipule accounts yet he does a dodble Idintity!!!:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Karrmann
09-30-2004, 01:57 PM
oh yeah, there is a new admin called MetA, what''s his job? and about the admin accout, is it the account for Wouter to do admin stuff?

Matt
09-30-2004, 02:01 PM
Karrmann - you're better off not posting at all.

Wouter, can we bring rep back JUST for Karrmann? I really want to neg him right now.

During the server switch last month, Matra et Alpine helped Wouter and TCZ work out some issues regarding the migration. They created an account for him to use, aside from his regular account and called it MetA. The Admin account can be used by whoever needs to do particular work at a particular time.

admin
09-30-2004, 02:04 PM
Admin can still change people's rep.

Karrmann
09-30-2004, 02:05 PM
Karrmann - you're better off not posting at all.

Wouter, can we bring rep back JUST for Karrmann? I really want to neg him right now.

sorry Matt, I have as bad cold and my brain is not working properly

cuntukimushroom
09-30-2004, 02:09 PM
Admin can still change people's rep.
but we dont have rep anymore :(

Matt
09-30-2004, 02:11 PM
but we dont have rep anymore :(

Wow! Out of everyone here, you'd think he'd know that, eh?

Matt
09-30-2004, 02:11 PM
sorry Matt, I have as bad cold and my brain is not working properly

I sure hate it when I get one of those lifetime colds.

Coventrysucks
09-30-2004, 02:58 PM
A very fine 6 years it has been.
I can't remember exactly when I found this site, but it must have been fairly early on.

It was and still is excellent, and is still one of the best sources of information on cars on the 'web.

Niko_Fx
09-30-2004, 03:07 PM
I don't remember exactly how I found it or what car was I looking for when that happened, but I do know it was a long time ago.

Then I joined the mailing list and it felt pretty good every time I received an e-mail because new cars were added.

Many months later I joined the forum.

I still receive the e-mails, but I check the forum more often than my e-mail.. heck I'm addicted to this thing. So everytime I receive one it's kind of "old" news :) Don't remove me from the mailing list though.

d-quik
09-30-2004, 03:13 PM
Matt woke up on the wrong side of the bed today...

Matt
09-30-2004, 03:38 PM
Matt woke up on the wrong side of the bed today...

It's the same side of the bed I wake up on everyday - the side that hates stupidity.

SPHFerrari
09-30-2004, 03:43 PM
Hello, my name's Matt. Sometimes, for fun, I like to call people stupid. I'm in a fun mood.
AHHHHHHH lol burn!

Mustang
09-30-2004, 03:48 PM
but we dont have rep anymore

Im not so sure about that, i think that wouter once said that the rep had just been disabled which means that it is actually on the forums still just that it isnt active, which means that anyone with higher up access could access the rep and change it to what they feel like, wouldnt it be funny if karrmann was put straight down to something like -100 :p

F1_Master
09-30-2004, 03:52 PM
Well, I'll take this as a great day. This is one of the first posts I've seen by admin.

Karrmann
09-30-2004, 03:56 PM
yeah cause as Matt said the admin account is for any admin to go into when needed and is just asbout never posted in.

werty
09-30-2004, 04:40 PM
question for the admin guy

since you obviously do alot of work on the site, you must have gotten addicted yourself, so why dont you posts so much? or do you have a different account you use to roam the forums?

Karrmann
09-30-2004, 04:43 PM
werty, the admin account is for wouter and everyelse to use when they need to do admin stuff.

werty
09-30-2004, 07:10 PM
werty, the admin account is for wouter and everyelse to use when they need to do admin stuff.
yes i realize that, but somebody was saying that Truechoaz was wouter's best friend or something, he's a admin, but does he have a separate account to have fun on the site?

Blue Supra
09-30-2004, 07:51 PM
Interesting question.... i dont think so... :confused:

henk4
09-30-2004, 08:00 PM
yes i realize that, but somebody was saying that Truechoaz was wouter's best friend or something, he's a admin, but does he have a separate account to have fun on the site?

He posts sometimes as TrueChaoz. It seems that the "admin" concept is difficult to grasp for some of you. It requires virtual thinking, and normal thinking is already quite difficult. :)

Wouter Melissen
10-01-2004, 01:17 AM
question for the admin guy

since you obviously do alot of work on the site, you must have gotten addicted yourself, so why dont you posts so much? or do you have a different account you use to roam the forums?

He doesn't seem to like cars.

IWantAnAudiRS6
10-01-2004, 01:27 AM
OMG he doesn't like cars! What is up with that? :D Wouter, is there any chance of rep making a comeback after this fairly successful trial period?

admin
10-01-2004, 01:56 AM
In my spare time I host a site about Barbies.

IWantAnAudiRS6
10-01-2004, 02:00 AM
That's great. What gender are you?

Wouter Melissen
10-01-2004, 02:06 AM
Could you all please read this complete thread, before you make an even bigger fool of yourself. I'd advise you to look especially carefully at admin's first post.

Spastik_Roach
10-01-2004, 02:33 AM
This is hilarious, this is showing the n00b in alot of people :p

nopassn
10-01-2004, 04:46 AM
This is hilarious! I would highly encourage everyone to suport "admin" and check out his site on Barbies. The proceeds it generates go to help saving the pink Barbie Corvette - which has been left in the sand box for too long and is in desperate need of a frame off restoration.

Blue Supra
10-01-2004, 10:09 PM
ah LOL! :D this threads funny:):p

PsychoChimp22
10-03-2004, 10:11 AM
Wrong. Wouter does not host. There is a hosting company that houses the servers. The servers are in Texas. Wouter is in Europe.

Ok thx, all I needed to know.

BTW: Dont .com sites cost a lot of money?
Nice of him to not charge to be a member. :D

PsychoChimp22
10-03-2004, 10:17 AM
Wouter??? do you just randomly read through threads and not post??? I dont even think I've seen your name on here sense I was using 16-4Veyron.

Matra et Alpine
10-03-2004, 02:12 PM
Ok thx, all I needed to know.

BTW: Dont .com sites cost a lot of money?
Nice of him to not charge to be a member. :D
For sure, so occasionally think about clicking through on a UCP ad to give him a fraction of a penny :)

.com domain names can be very cheap with a registration fee of $15 ( or even less ) for a year.

HOSTING the site depends on what size and bandwidth you want and how many of THEIR pop-up ads you'll accept. Cheap usually means limited daily downloads and lots of pop-ups and intrusive ads on the pages.

<AAA-MOD>
10-03-2004, 05:30 PM
The income from the advertisements pay for the expensive monthly operational costs and programmer fees. Luckily the income also takes care of getting us to all of the events you see us visiting in our features.

This is definitely a business, not just a hobby, however it began that way, as you can all imagine. Fortunately Wouter's dad started taking him to races and classic car events in Europe when he was a little wee W. I guess we need to thank him (Henk) too, for directing Wouter's mind in this direction.

Wouter's automotive knowledge is quite extensive, as well as his research literature. I'm sure I speak for everyone when I say that we're thankful for the detailed editorials and original vehicle histories that Wouter writes. That's just another way we try to differ from many of the other auto sites on the net.

I tried creating a couple of sites of my own a few years ago (AutoImage and MotorMediaOnline), however I couldn't afford the time required to make it worthwhile. I'm married with kids, a house, and plenty of bills that require a more stable income, therefore my full-time job, not car-site related. I'm fortunate that I've had enough spare time to make some contributions to this expanding business.

Wouter's gone about this the right way, early in his life, when he can afford the risk that an internet business can create.

Thanks W, for keeping up the awesome work.

Spastik_Roach
10-03-2004, 09:57 PM
Awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww :p

What we really need, is a little celebration called WOUTER DAY! And the day after that its HENK DAY!

taz_rocks_miami
10-03-2004, 11:17 PM
Wouter, have you ever thought of expanding UCP into an automotive offline magazine? Since this has turned into a business for you, maybe that would be the logical next step.

henk4
10-03-2004, 11:44 PM
Awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww :p

What we really need, is a little celebration called WOUTER DAY! And the day after that its HENK DAY!

I can assure you that every day is Henk day. :)

Karrmann
10-04-2004, 04:02 AM
and june 4th is Karrmann day!! :D :D

Matt
10-04-2004, 05:14 AM
and june 4th is Karrmann day!! :D :D

You know, that's not a bad idea. We have no holiday celebrating the strength of character and fortitude of the mentally handicapped community. And naming it after you would be pure poetry.

The Tuner
10-04-2004, 05:37 AM
You know, that's not a bad idea. We have no holiday celebrating the strength of character and fortitude of the mentally handicapped community. And naming it after you would be pure poetry.

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

but i think it an amazin idea to get a ucp magazine....but whose gona foot all the bills n costs for printin n shippin? theyre a little more than wat it takes to host a website...

but it wud b sweet.... :cool:

IWantAnAudiRS6
10-04-2004, 10:58 AM
I agree... Karrmann should have that... but he does a bang-up job on not retaliating, so maybe there should be a Karrmann-antagonisation day for that... to make him blow his top.... wait, sorry that's every day....

Matt
10-04-2004, 11:07 AM
I agree... Karrmann should have that... but he does a bang-up job on not retaliating, so maybe there should be a Karrmann-antagonisation day for that... to make him blow his top.... wait, sorry that's every day....

I think he doesn't retaliate because he doesn't understand half of the words I say.

IWantAnAudiRS6
10-04-2004, 11:18 AM
Hmm... fair point Davis. Try single syllable words, then! Like "I don't like you, ass!" :D

PsychoChimp22
10-04-2004, 12:39 PM
So what day should the official wouter day be??? :D

Karrmann
10-04-2004, 01:19 PM
his birthday

baddabang
10-04-2004, 01:36 PM
I think he doesn't retaliate because he doesn't understand half of the words I say.

Hahahahaha. :) The day we get a karrmann day is the day I leave :)

Blue Supra
10-04-2004, 06:26 PM
Everyday should be Wouter day!!!

thanks for thos awesome site mate!:)

GTR Dreamer
10-04-2004, 07:11 PM
[/QUOTE]You know, that's not a bad idea. We have no holiday celebrating the strength of character and fortitude of the mentally handicapped community. And naming it after you would be pure poetry.[QUOTE]

hahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahhahahaha hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha....:D:D:D:D:D:D

r1ckst4
10-04-2004, 08:57 PM
what is up with Matt? it seems like he's mad at Karrman... and karrman doesnt even care about it, he just keeps postin'...lol...i think i'm getting used to Karrman's pointless posts... some of them r stupid... therefor.. funny... :D

Matra et Alpine
10-05-2004, 01:06 AM
what is up with Matt? it seems like he's mad at Karrman... and karrman doesnt even care about it, he just keeps postin'...lol...i think i'm getting used to Karrman's pointless posts... some of them r stupid... therefor.. funny... :D
Consider THIS ric .....

If guys like Karmann continue without the pointless posts being pointed out and asked to stop then everyone joining UCP thinks that's the norm. Before you know it UCP goes the way of other forums with lots of back slapping, cussing, pointless posts and you wont' find the good facts, pics and discussions about cars amongst all the drivel.

So, what do you want ?

Matt is trying to 'adjust' Karmann (AGAIN) to improve quality and to save UCP from the backslide into medicroty of other sites.

Worth thining through the consequences and seeing which you support :)

henk4
10-05-2004, 01:11 AM
every forum seems to have its loose canon, ours is called Karrmann. Such a canon mostly ends up being thrown overboard. :D

PsychoChimp22
10-08-2004, 03:51 PM
ha - You think karrmann is a loose cannon?!?!?!?! Hes nothing compared to R34 247KW (or what ever his name was).... lol

Karrmann
10-08-2004, 06:23 PM
ha - You think karrmann is a loose cannon?!?!?!?! Hes nothing compared to R34 247KW (or what ever his name was).... lol

yea,he was the looose cannon.

i don't get my kicks from being mean

Matt
10-08-2004, 06:54 PM
yea,he was the looose cannon.

i don't get my kicks from being mean

You get your kicks from asking questions about totally irrelevant and pointless subjects. It's like you LOOK for things to question or complain about.

Esperante
10-08-2004, 07:03 PM
You get your kicks from asking questions about totally irrelevant and pointless subjects. It's like you LOOK for things to question or complain about.

Or like he looks for ways to make Gerald Wiegart god :p

Damn-oh great Karrmann, you've posted about him so many times, now I've got that jerks name in my head.

PsychoChimp22
10-08-2004, 09:01 PM

And matt gets his kicks from oraly beating on you karrmann. Its clear now, its all a big chain reaction :p.

BTW: R34 wasnt as mean as he was just dumb. And I have to admit, if that skyline was his dads, his dad had a pretty swett skyline. :D

r1ckst4
10-08-2004, 10:05 PM
i'm not sure why R34 296KW was banned... anyway, its a long time ago so dont bother to explain... all i can say is... he has made a new account and he often post here its been months... but i wont tell who he is coz he's been a great member so far... and he behaves well...

henk4
10-08-2004, 10:09 PM
i'm not sure why R34 296KW was banned... anyway, its a long time ago so dont bother to explain... all i can say is... he has made a new account and he often post here its been months... but i wont tell who he is coz he's been a great member so far... and he behaves well...

He also used the name Pliz, is that who you are referring to now?

r1ckst4
10-08-2004, 11:39 PM
He also used the name Pliz, is that who you are referring to now?
Nope... i know he use the name Pliz, but he also uses another account... he posts here often... dont matter who it is now... coz he's been good :)

henk4
10-08-2004, 11:46 PM
Nope... i know he use the name Pliz, but he also uses another account... he posts here often... dont matter who it is now... coz he's been good :)

OK that's fine with me.

16-4Veyron
10-08-2004, 11:51 PM
OMG - ITS KARRMANN!!!!!!!!! lol - jk

Karrmann
10-09-2004, 05:16 AM

i'd like to know what it is, can you PM it to me?

r1ckst4
10-09-2004, 05:34 AM
i'd like to know what it is, can you PM it to me?
u mean u'd like to know WHO it is...

but no, sorry... there's no need for u or anyone else to know... coz it'll just create problems later... lets just move on

Karrmann
10-09-2004, 05:50 AM
ok ill drop it, but yeah, I believe that he is Pliz

PsychoChimp22
10-09-2004, 12:08 PM
Im not trying to push it on you.... but when you say he has lots of good posts, is he like a high posting member that has good stuff to say? Because I havent heard a single word about my daddie's skyline in a long time.

PsychoChimp22
10-09-2004, 12:10 PM
oh.... nvm I think I know who it is.