PDA

View Full Version : New Lancer Evo VIII FQ-400!!

Cotterik
10-03-2004, 04:30 PM
ok..im lost for words...bought this months CAR magazine and look what i found...a new EVO 8! released as a celebration for Mitsubishi's anniversary. If you thought they couldnt get better than the MR.. think again! This is the FQ-400. Thats right.. 400 HORSEPOWER!!!!

This beast of a machine is in an article comparing to the Pagani Zonda and the Evo is quicker from 0-60 than the Zonda! 3.6 seconds compared to 3.7!! This is one hell of a car. Check out the scanned article and read!!

Cotterik
10-03-2004, 04:32 PM
In the last picture it is also compared to the Murcielago. This is a supercar with 5 seats!! amazing!! Please post any more information you might have :)

whiteballz
10-03-2004, 05:10 PM
im only going to say this...

STI BETTER GET THEIR BLOODY ACT ON!!!!!

further more, they could out do this car, but THOSE PRICKS @ SUBARU HQ ARE BASTARDS!!!

well done to mistubishi, id buy one...
if i had the money..

kko
10-03-2004, 05:52 PM
But in anyhting else the Zonda Ownz,
With enough boost you could get almost anything to 3.6

Slicks
10-03-2004, 06:02 PM
Not bad, id be curious to know how long this EVO would last, theres been some reliability problems with the current one sold in the US.

85RX7
10-03-2004, 06:05 PM
But in anyhting else the Zonda Ownz,
With enough boost you could get almost anything to 3.6

Yep, with some not so huge changes, including big boostage, it is possible to get alot of jap cars to a verry good standard. For the price of the zonda, hundreds of thousnads$$$, you could get that evo to run 8 second 1/4's. And what is the zonda? 11-low12?

taz_rocks_miami
10-03-2004, 07:24 PM
400 HP Evo VIII (Taz drools).

jcp123
10-03-2004, 07:53 PM
Not bad, id be curious to know how long this EVO would last, theres been some reliability problems with the current one sold in the US.

one of the prolems of AWD...

Also, there have been a lot of warrantee issues. Dealers pull the driving "records" out of the OBDII (one of my biggest beefs with new cars) and routinely refuse to do warrantee work on the EVO's. Sometimes they just flatly refuse to do anything, even before pulling codes, and have factory backing of this policy. There's even been rumors of Mitsu reps being sent out to race events to get the VIN #'s of EVO's at drag races, auto-x's, etc. The factory's really pussing out on taking care of their customers.

KnifeEdge_2K1
10-03-2004, 08:19 PM
if you can have an orgasm while driving a car ... itll only be possible in this or the MR FQ340 ...

Quiggs
10-03-2004, 08:39 PM
one of the prolems of AWD...

Also, there have been a lot of warrantee issues. Dealers pull the driving "records" out of the OBDII (one of my biggest beefs with new cars) and routinely refuse to do warrantee work on the EVO's. Sometimes they just flatly refuse to do anything, even before pulling codes, and have factory backing of this policy. There's even been rumors of Mitsu reps being sent out to race events to get the VIN #'s of EVO's at drag races, auto-x's, etc. The factory's really pussing out on taking care of their customers.

Subaru's done the same with their STI. They gave away SCCA memberships to buyers and then voided the powertrain warranty. Nice business.

jcp123
10-03-2004, 08:45 PM
Subaru's done the same with their STI. They gave away SCCA memberships to buyers and then voided the powertrain warranty. Nice business.

doesnt surprise me.

GrimaH
10-04-2004, 12:15 AM
Man...where are they selling this? I'm dying for it!

RS6
10-04-2004, 06:54 AM
if you can have an orgasm while driving a car ... itll only be possible in this or the MR FQ340 ...

And the Noble M400.

This Mitsubishi is excellent although I would probably stick with an MR FQ340 myself.

KnifeEdge_2K1
10-04-2004, 05:10 PM
i like m14 more then the 400

PerfAdv
10-04-2004, 05:46 PM
Yes, engineering brilliance. A 2 litre turbo sedan that can run with a Zonda supercar. But judging by some peoples responses they don't like it. So, you want supercar beating performance and then go out race it then treat the manufacturer/dealer as your private race team? Granted they are being a little sneaky but racing will void your warranty in most cars.

I'm just amazed that for ~$30K you can get this type of performance.

jcp123
10-04-2004, 05:51 PM
Yes, engineering brilliance. A 2 litre turbo sedan that can run with a Zonda supercar. But judging by some peoples responses they don't like it. So, you want supercar beating performance and then go out race it then treat the manufacturer/dealer as your private race team? Granted they are being a little sneaky but racing will void your warranty in most cars.

nah, i dont have anything against this car in particular. the OBDII spy-thingy is a perfect example of why i just stay away from new cars in general...

kko
10-04-2004, 06:00 PM
Just cause they boost the hell out of an evo doesnt mean it has supercar beating performance, with different gearing the evo wouldnt stand a chance against a Zonda.
And the zondas price has alot to do with Materials, its not like they need 400k (?)
to make a zonda run 11's,

Apples and Oranges.

PerfAdv
10-04-2004, 06:05 PM
^^Very true...Its just that it allows someone with a normal budget to experience supercar-like performance.

kko
10-04-2004, 06:07 PM
Ill give you that

KnifeEdge_2K1
10-04-2004, 07:17 PM

as am i, thats true though, if you're an amatuer racer forget about this car ... it WILL bite ur head off

if however you'd like to convert it to an actual full fledged dedicated race car then this is a good platform to start off of for any type of racing really ... other then oval cirquit like nascar ... thats just plain sad ... like i dont care if its politically incorrect, nationalistic, racist but only the americans can be dumb enough to invent a sport that involves chasing ur own tail AND have fun watching it

Blue Supra
10-04-2004, 07:20 PM
Far out i want one!!!

shame its only been sold in the UK, only 100 of them too...
at least mitsubishi, not ralliart, is bringing to the EVO 8 to Aus so itll be much cheaper then the EVO 6 when ralliart sold it here (we missed out on the 7:()

KnifeEdge_2K1
10-04-2004, 07:23 PM
Just cause they boost the hell out of an evo doesnt mean it has supercar beating performance, with different gearing the evo wouldnt stand a chance against a Zonda.
And the zondas price has alot to do with Materials, its not like they need 400k (?)
to make a zonda run 11's,

Apples and Oranges.

fact 0-62 better than a zonda, thats amazing enuff as it is
fact boosted top speed to 175 something miles an hour (you cant even hit the zonda top speed anywhere in the world unless you have a few miles of open road so it really makes no sense to have topspeed of 200 something mph, even at lemans you wouldnt hit it with a stock zonda)
fact the standard lan evo has a higher lateral g rating then the zonda
fact the lan evo has a higher slalom speed rating then the zonda (i think it just said zonda slalom 68mph not sure if it was 600ft or 700ft)

what type of performance do you look for? bling factor !?!?!

KnifeEdge_2K1
10-04-2004, 07:24 PM
and in real life in the real world on real roads there is no way in hell a zonda can keep up with a lan evo,4wd may not dominate on the track (unless its rallyin) but it's the best drivetrain for anywhere that doesnt have a perfectly maintained asphalt surface

KnifeEdge_2K1
10-04-2004, 07:25 PM
Far out i want one!!!

shame its only been sold in the UK, only 100 of them too...
at least mitsubishi, not ralliart, is bringing to the EVO 8 to Aus so itll be much cheaper then the EVO 6 when ralliart sold it here (we missed out on the 7:()

i forgot but is ralliart a subsidiary of mitsubishi or just a partner for motorsports, is ralliart independent? private?

newayz they'd be able to cut costs by having the modifications done during production instead of modifying a standard evo

Blue Supra
10-04-2004, 08:16 PM
Ralliart to mitsubishi is what Nismo is to Nissan, same sh!t different smell :D

KnifeEdge_2K1
10-04-2004, 08:22 PM
Ralliart to mitsubishi is what Nismo is to Nissan, same sh!t different smell :D

yeah i know but is ralliart a private company

like atleast nismo SOUNDS like nissan and TRD is a subsidiary of toyota (im pretty sure ... toyota racing department ... kinda hard not to be)
but ralliart ... not so sure

whiteballz
10-04-2004, 09:00 PM
knife, thats bull!

you say the zonda is basicaly useless on the road, ALL of the magazines/articals/shows have said that the zonda was a perfectly balanced and useful (apart from the lack of baggage room) every day cruser. you cant beat the zonda for wow factor on the roads ether. not much difference in the looks of the fq400 and the mr or 8

Blue Supra
10-04-2004, 09:01 PM
Toyota Racing Development...

anyway ralliart does a lot of aftermarket stuff for Mitsubishi but they must be a subsidary because you get factory released things like the Ralliart Magna for example... damn i want one, AWD 3.5L V6 with a ralliart kit! with 17" mags! so hot!!!

gtrjazz
10-05-2004, 10:55 AM
I am afraid I cant get excited about a 400 bhp car especially one with a constant 40 –60 torque split 4WD. The hype surrounding the launch will have new owners off to their local drag strip full of hope and light of 40K. We will have to see how the figures stack up real world. :D

KnifeEdge_2K1
10-05-2004, 02:37 PM
knife, thats bull!

you say the zonda is basicaly useless on the road, ALL of the magazines/articals/shows have said that the zonda was a perfectly balanced and useful (apart from the lack of baggage room) every day cruser. you cant beat the zonda for wow factor on the roads ether. not much difference in the looks of the fq400 and the mr or 8

have they driven in the wet yet? expecially in britain thats one of the most important factors when deciding on a car, granted if you have the money for a zonda you can probably have a dedicated "rain" car or "snow" car but thats not the point

there is no way that a mid engined rwd car can stay planted on the road with that type of displacement/power

KnifeEdge_2K1
10-05-2004, 02:41 PM
I am afraid I cant get excited about a 400 bhp car especially one with a constant 40 –60 torque split 4WD. The hype surrounding the launch will have new owners off to their local drag strip full of hope and light of 40K. We will have to see how the figures stack up real world. :D

wow you must either be the biggest gtr fan ever (excluding the r34 guy that got banned) to not get the least bit excited about a car that can beat a zonda to 62mph and murcielargo with a fraction of the other car's horsepower

that in itself is an amazing feat, now assuming that they've toughened up the suspension brakes and drivetrain this will now be a true supercar slayer in a saloon shell

and who the hell goes drag racing anymore? seriously .... drag racing .... its a strait line ... its even worse then nascar ... no skill involved, just budget

gtrjazz
10-05-2004, 03:05 PM
wow you must either be the biggest gtr fan ever (excluding the r34 guy that got banned) to not get the least bit excited about a car that can beat a zonda to 62mph and murcielargo with a fraction of the other car's horsepower

that in itself is an amazing feat, now assuming that they've toughened up the suspension brakes and drivetrain this will now be a true supercar slayer in a saloon shell

and who the hell goes drag racing anymore? seriously .... drag racing .... its a strait line ... its even worse then nascar ... no skill involved, just budget Drag racing 0 to 60 all in a straight line Fools Gold Trust me Nothing is going to stay with the Zonda on a track GTR included!

GrimaH
10-05-2004, 07:02 PM
yeah, cos the Zonda is too damn slow :D :D :D jus jokin'
Anyway you can't be sure the Zonda is the fastest on the track, unless you have tried it. Have you?

Ferrari Tifosi
10-05-2004, 07:18 PM
Why are these cars being compared? Ignore the damn magazine article, and use the Zonda part nearly for a mark of how fast the MR FQ400 is. I like it, wish I could have one.

KnifeEdge_2K1
10-05-2004, 07:31 PM
Drag racing 0 to 60 all in a straight line Fools Gold Trust me Nothing is going to stay with the Zonda on a track GTR included!

zonda did a what 1:23.7 on the top gear track?
lan evo mr fq320 did 1.26 on the dot thats a 2.3 sec dif on a 2 mile something long track, now add 80 horsepower to the evo

KnifeEdge_2K1
10-05-2004, 07:32 PM
for a comparison, the ford gt even beat the zonda ... it beat the ferrari 360cs too (it was SOOOOO RIGGED) and its a) a ford b) american which means it handles like a truck

KnifeEdge_2K1
10-05-2004, 07:34 PM
you know how the zonda can have ostrich leather .... anyone think the car looks like an ostrich .... cuz i do

Blue Supra
10-05-2004, 07:39 PM
I think you just made 3 posts when you couldv just made one...:p

Ferrari Tifosi
10-05-2004, 07:50 PM
for a comparison, the ford gt even beat the zonda ... it beat the ferrari 360cs too (it was SOOOOO RIGGED) and its a) a ford b) american which means it handles like a truck

Ignorance is everywhere!
:rolleyes:

A) its a ford - so?
B) its american which it handles like a truck - yep that ZO6 with 1.0 g of grip handles like a truck alright.

Keep you're jackass, ignorant comments to yourself. :mad:

KnifeEdge_2K1
10-05-2004, 07:57 PM
lol, well in general dont all american cars handle like trucks ? like 50% of them are classified as either truck or suv so im right no matter how u look at it

and its a ford, from personal experience (we're still allowed to do this right?) they are crap, just plain crap, complete and utter crap, except for that one bit on the dashboard which was so nice until it turned into crap

KnifeEdge_2K1
10-05-2004, 07:58 PM
corvette still had a really messy lap

Blue Supra
10-05-2004, 07:59 PM
except for that one bit on the dashboard which was so nice until it turned into crap

your talking about the speedo?:D

jcp123
10-05-2004, 08:30 PM
I'm hurt. We got 3 Fords. Perfectly happy with em too.

Blue Supra
10-05-2004, 11:37 PM
We've got a 2000 ford courier ute, no probs with it and dad drives ABOVE avg kays doin deliveries in it.

sandwich
10-08-2004, 08:09 AM
b) american which means it handles like a truck

thumbs up dude.

seriously, mitsubishi stands no chance of success if they keep this up. They're worried about closing down, and rather than investing money in real cars, they come out with this.

Subaru's full line is AWD, and they are wildly successful here. Maybe some other companies should consider that?

KnifeEdge_2K1
10-08-2004, 08:12 PM
thumbs up dude.

seriously, mitsubishi stands no chance of success if they keep this up. They're worried about closing down, and rather than investing money in real cars, they come out with this.

Subaru's full line is AWD, and they are wildly successful here. Maybe some other companies should consider that?

i think the main problem with mitsubishi is that they dont have a strait forward game plan

their styling is not controversial or mainstream, their advertising campaign is non existent, and the only succesful product in their line right now is the evo, as amazing as it is no single model of car can keep a manufacturer afloat

they need to go back to the drawing board with their models and really have a specific goal in mind, their marketing has to be more aggresive and they need to establish and maintain a positive brand image and reputation

styling is a major deciding factor when purchasing a new car, if it doesnt look good then it doesnt matter how fuel efficient or reliable it is if you feel embarrassed every time you drive it, something with a more simple and functional design would do wonders with the company's line up expecially the lancer and galant models which currently look like they were taken from a 6 yr old's colouring book

once they have that dealt with the other problems should be easy to solve

sandwich
10-09-2004, 07:53 AM
i think styling is big, but I don't think mitsubishi suffers any more than say....Chevrolet, who make some of the ugliest and most incredibly boring cars on the market. The thing is, however, that people here will buy chevy's because they are american, if for no other reason.

Hondas and toyotas are built well
fords are also american
dodges and nissans have style
lexus and infiniti are nice cars
subaru has AWD for almost every vehicle
the germans are all nice cars...

mitsubishi is....kind of nice, kind of well built, kind of stylish? My opinion is they need to do something different. Switch to RWD, apply AWD to every car, make something happen that changes them from "just another' car company to "the car company that does ________" Styling is definately a part of that, but doing something too controversial could make them lose even more sales. I just saw a galant the other day...ugly. If they made the standard lancer AWD, which I'm sure they can do, they could sell it for not much more, but it would be competition for some of the smaller subarus. Here in the northeast, people love AWD cars. They just work better. When I go home, it seems like every other car is a subaru forester or outback. This is why I suggested they go AWD. If people want AWD, what are their options? An SUV, a subaru, or a truck? Maybe there's a few others- higher end models, but I can't help but think how much more cars companies would sell if they had a cheap awd platform.

Maybe I'm just dreaming here. It's not like the cost of converting would be THAT much, with the awd platform from the eclipse and evo. Maybe they should just stop dumbing down their cars (eclipse) and people would still buy them.....

//rant off

Coventrysucks
10-09-2004, 09:59 AM
expecially in britain thats one of the most important factors when deciding on a car,

Not really.

I don't know anyone who has chosen their car on its wet-weather ability alone.

The UK is home to some of the most un-weather friendly cars on the planet remember; TVR - reknowned for being "slippery when wet", Caterhams - no roof, Ariel - no roof, or any body work at all really, Radical, Westfield etc.

KnifeEdge_2K1
10-09-2004, 10:42 AM
yeah but if u had to buy ONE car, would u get those?
like if you have the money im sure u can have a car for each day of the year but not all of us are so fortunate

PsychoChimp22
10-09-2004, 12:15 PM
Thats awsome, but its kind of hard to see it as a real supercar. I mean pagani.... ferrari..... lamborghini.... mitsubishi..... porsche. Can you spot the one that doesnt fit?

The looks affect it too, not just the name. With money you can put 400hp in a Talon and make it handel like a Ferrari 360.... but nobody will ever compare them.

KnifeEdge_2K1
10-09-2004, 07:56 PM
Thats awsome, but its kind of hard to see it as a real supercar. I mean pagani.... ferrari..... lamborghini.... mitsubishi..... porsche. Can you spot the one that doesnt fit?

The looks affect it too, not just the name. With money you can put 400hp in a Talon and make it handel like a Ferrari 360.... but nobody will ever compare them.
thats not the point

the point is the evo and impreza have never been able to live up to the supercar slayer image ... atleast not on the track, but now it can

kko
10-11-2004, 07:15 PM
i think styling is big, but I don't think mitsubishi suffers any more than say....Chevrolet, who make some of the ugliest and most incredibly boring cars on the market. The thing is, however, that people here will buy chevy's because they are american, if for no other reason.///////////////////////////////

People arund here could car less if its american , thats why alot of people have imports, and looks are subjective. I know alot of people who lie chevys for their looks

Pulsar Turbo
10-17-2004, 04:04 PM
NICE NICE but have to say the STI WRX is Better i'm telling you The Truth. :)

PerfAdv
10-17-2004, 04:21 PM
NICE NICE but have to say the STI WRX is Better i'm telling you The Truth. :)
Maybe STIs hold up better but all the reviews seem to say the Mitsu is the better racer, track car, and otherwise tops especially subjective feel wise :)

Pulsar Turbo
10-17-2004, 04:27 PM
:eek:
Maybe STIs hold up better but all the reviews seem to say the Mitsu is the better racer, track car, and otherwise tops especially subjective feel wise :)
I'm not talking about TRACK CAR'S i'm talking about car's on GENRAL ROAD'S. :)

PerfAdv
10-17-2004, 04:42 PM
Is it faster or better handling than the EVO, or do you just prefer it?

KnifeEdge_2K1
10-17-2004, 06:27 PM
lol, fanboy alert !!!

Pulsar Turbo
10-18-2004, 01:42 AM
Is it faster or better handling than the EVO, or do you just prefer it?
Well Let's see It's FASTER AND BETTER AT HADLELING and it's better overall but i have to say EVO'S are Nice Bu I'm just telling you that STI WRX are better car's.I love those BOXER Engine's :) :) :)

Blue Supra
10-18-2004, 01:47 AM
dont post with half your sentences in CAPITALS IT GETS REALLY ANNOYING AND MAKES PEOPLE THINK YOU'RE SHOUTING ALL THE TIME CAN YOU SEE WHAT IM SAYING? Lan Evo over STI, any day:)
thats just my personal opinion though, i wont make up things to try and make it sound better then it already is;)

Pulsar Turbo
10-18-2004, 01:53 AM
No way STI WRX over LAN EVO anyday other way around mate. :)

Blue Supra
10-18-2004, 01:54 AM
well you're entitled to your opinion, i havent driven either so i cant say for sure, but i just like mitsu more then subaru, just a personal prefence:)

Pulsar Turbo
10-18-2004, 02:12 AM
Ohh Ok Na But for real you should go in a WRX amazing really Fast. :)

Blue Supra
10-18-2004, 02:18 AM
my older bro used to own one so i have been in one, it was quick, no doubt, but i havent driven it or a Lan Evo so i cant compare, its all well and good to read stats and reviews but until i drive em myself, i cant make an accurate decision, im just that nit picky, Lan Evo just looks better too:p

Pulsar Turbo
10-18-2004, 02:23 AM
Yeah ok but yeah i have to agree with you LANCER EVO do look better. :)

Blue Supra
10-18-2004, 02:36 AM
I think either then Evo IV or VII are best looking.

KnifeEdge_2K1
10-18-2004, 02:24 PM
Well Let's see It's FASTER AND BETTER AT HADLELING and it's better overall but i have to say EVO'S are Nice Bu I'm just telling you that STI WRX are better car's.I love those BOXER Engine's :) :) :)

it isnt faster and it isnt better handling

nearly all the reviews ive come across save one go like this "they're both amazing hard but the evo just does everything better then the sti"

KnifeEdge_2K1
10-18-2004, 02:24 PM
I think either then Evo IV or VII are best looking.

my fav are the MR and VI

Pulsar Turbo
10-18-2004, 11:14 PM
Sorry to say mate bUt WRX STI are quicker Come on. :)

Blue Supra
10-18-2004, 11:17 PM
proof... you cant just say that without backin it up...

charged
10-19-2004, 02:04 AM
Sorry to say mate bUt WRX STI are quicker Come on. :)Pulsar do some research in the Motor Magazine Sep 2004,in the Bang for your bucks the Evo is quicker by1.5 secs around Wakefeild Park,quicker over the 400m and quicker to 100km/h.SO THE EVO8 IS QUICKER END OF DISCUSSION!! :mad:

Deutscher Adler
10-19-2004, 01:20 PM
Hmm...wonder how it would hold up on the track. My buddy has a 1987 VW Scirrocco and smoked a 300HP+ EVO8 on the Button willow track in Cali, USA.
:confused:

Pulsar Turbo
10-19-2004, 01:52 PM
Ha what's an EVO 8 serisouly WRX STI looks like you dont read or care much bout them do you Well Well Mr EVO 8 is Quicker The STI WRX is quiker bcause at EASTEN CREEK Race way they were Both there and They Both Raced Well WRX1st Evo8 2nd what Now we can all say differnt Things cant we But I'd say there about the same But i'm sticking with the REXY WRX STI. :) :( :)

KnifeEdge_2K1
10-19-2004, 02:18 PM
Ha what's an EVO 8 serisouly WRX STI looks like you dont read or care much bout them do you Well Well Mr EVO 8 is Quicker The STI WRX is quiker bcause at EASTEN CREEK Race way they were Both there and They Both Raced Well WRX1st Evo8 2nd what Now we can all say differnt Things cant we But I'd say there about the same But i'm sticking with the REXY WRX STI. :) :( :)

wow we really need to ban you

evo has higher cornering ability (lateral g rating of .98 gs stock while sti has .92) FACT

evo has higher slalom speed by almost 2mph if my memory serves me correctly FACTish

evo has beaten the impreza in all top gear test runs on the track FACT

evo has way less understeer as measured by about 20 different independent sources/organizations/magazines FACT

KnifeEdge_2K1
10-19-2004, 02:19 PM
Hmm...wonder how it would hold up on the track. My buddy has a 1987 VW Scirrocco and smoked a 300HP+ EVO8 on the Button willow track in Cali, USA.

wanna prove that? and that is extremely doubtful unless the evo lost blew a tire

Deutscher Adler
10-19-2004, 02:49 PM
wow we really need to ban you

You know your really funny in a bitter sarcastic kinda way. I guarantee you that this did in fact happen. Do you know or have you ever heard of Renner motorsports? They deal strictly with European automobile tuning and maintaince, primarily VW and Audi. They are localed on Manchestor Blvd, Los Angeles, CA. The owner of this business and the driver which smoked smoked the Evo 8 is oddly enough called Ivo. He is a championship driver and drove his modified Vw Scirrocco well past the abilities of the Evo 8s driver and was also very successful pulling away from the Evo on the straightaway.

whiteballz
10-19-2004, 03:03 PM
i am an avid subaru fan and i admit to being a fan boy.

BUT i KNOW the subaru's limits. the evos (from the very begining) have been faster then STI's. its common knowledge. except that only now with the fq400 can a top of the line mitsu beat the subaru 22B!!!! the evo IS a better package, rarer, faster, controlable, looks are well... arguable.

the fact remains, the evo is the faster car.

Rockefella
10-19-2004, 03:30 PM
You're retarded... now shut the hell up please.

PerfAdv
10-19-2004, 04:31 PM
...I guarantee you that this did in fact happen. Do you know or have you ever heard of Renner motorsports? They deal strictly with European automobile tuning and maintaince, primarily VW and Audi. They are localed on Manchestor Blvd, Los Angeles, CA. The owner of this business and the driver which smoked smoked the Evo 8 is oddly enough called Ivo. He is a championship driver and drove his modified Vw Scirrocco well past the abilities of the Evo 8s driver and was also very successful pulling away from the Evo on the straightaway.
Any modified car has a chance against a stock car. Besides, your example has other variables, most important one being driver skill. Ivo, as you mentioned is a track dog. Too many people(amateur enthusiasts) buy a car and because its fast, think they can race it well. I've outrun Zs in the hills in my MX-5 but this is not a good way of establishing a cars competence. Drivers with similar expertise is essential. :)

KnifeEdge_2K1
10-19-2004, 05:47 PM
You know your really funny in a bitter sarcastic kinda way. I guarantee you that this did in fact happen. Do you know or have you ever heard of Renner motorsports? They deal strictly with European automobile tuning and maintaince, primarily VW and Audi. They are localed on Manchestor Blvd, Los Angeles, CA. The owner of this business and the driver which smoked smoked the Evo 8 is oddly enough called Ivo. He is a championship driver and drove his modified Vw Scirrocco well past the abilities of the Evo 8s driver and was also very successful pulling away from the Evo on the straightaway.
2 things
i wasnt talking about banning U, the other guy

and if the thing is modified then you cant compare it since modifications themselves are subjective

if the evo was tuned for rallying then obviously it would not do as well on a track

or if it was in a specific series which had different requirements and regulations for modifications it obviously would be inferior to an open class car

the evo mr lapped the top gear test track almost as fast as a lambourgini gallardo (1:59.8, +0.2 secs) and lapped it faster then the sti wr1 by 3.4 seconds

even after this im playing my trump card, the handling of the evo is superior to the impreza in every way concievable, im not going to put down any references since the web is full of em as are the magazine shelves and tv programs, singling out any one review or source is just too hard

the only thing owners and press have against this car is the small gas tank and the highway ride, both these things are as irrelevent as a supermodel's ability to spell, no one cares

KnifeEdge_2K1
10-19-2004, 05:50 PM
Any modified car has a chance against a stock car. Besides, your example has other variables, most important one being driver skill. Ivo, as you mentioned is a track dog. Too many people(amateur enthusiasts) buy a car and because its fast, think they can race it well. I've outrun Zs in the hills in my MX-5 but this is not a good way of establishing a cars competence. Drivers with similar expertise is essential. :)

YOU HAVE AN MX5 !!!!!, I WANT MX5 ITS LIKE MY DREAM CAR .... next to Evolution MRs, Ferrari 360s and Silvia S15s but i mean realistic dream car :D

newayz i was wondering did u buy used or new? im planning on getting a post 92 pre 99 version used and if you have any tips i'd gladly appreciate it ^^

KnifeEdge_2K1
10-19-2004, 05:51 PM
i am an avid subaru fan and i admit to being a fan boy.

BUT i KNOW the subaru's limits. the evos (from the very begining) have been faster then STI's. its common knowledge. except that only now with the fq400 can a top of the line mitsu beat the subaru 22B!!!! the evo IS a better package, rarer, faster, controlable, looks are well... arguable.

the fact remains, the evo is the faster car.

err i dunno about that im pretty sure any of the lan evo VIII's coulda beat the 22b as well as the TME of the VI, but i havnt gotten any reliable numbers for the 22b (unlike the others) and i dont know anyone with first hand experience

Olly89
10-19-2004, 06:57 PM
How am i RETATRED i think your Retarted U Spaso. :mad: get your facts Straight. it did Happen WRX hammered EVO8 so HA. :) :p :)

Pulsar Turbo
10-19-2004, 07:02 PM
What the Hell are you talking about OLLY89 your Crazy. :confused:

Pulsar Turbo
10-19-2004, 07:03 PM
How am i RETATRED i think your Retarted U Spaso. :mad: get your facts Straight. it did Happen WRX hammered EVO8 so HA. :) :p :)
You seriously are Confused Who are you and what do you want Some One please Ban Him. :confused: :confused:

Lagonda
10-20-2004, 12:30 PM
Been to school lately ? I heard they give spelling and writing lessons these days. Oh and you'll probably learn some form of descency and respect there as well.

KnifeEdge_2K1
10-20-2004, 02:14 PM
Been to school lately ? I heard they give spelling and writing lessons these days. Oh and you'll probably learn some form of descency and respect there as well.

lol i love it when people politely shoot people down

charged
10-21-2004, 02:59 AM
Ha what's an EVO 8 serisouly WRX STI looks like you dont read or care much bout them do you Well Well Mr EVO 8 is Quicker The STI WRX is quiker bcause at EASTEN CREEK Race way they were Both there and They Both Raced Well WRX1st Evo8 2nd what Now we can all say differnt Things cant we But I'd say there about the same But i'm sticking with the REXY WRX STI. :) :( :)Diffrent drivers diffrent abilities,in the motor magazine Sep 2004 rick bates drove both,he said the evo8 was a better track car faster times etc,I think I will take his opinion before yours.Hes got a proven race track record,I win again( A quote from Rick Bates"Ive just jumped out of the EVO so it(WRX STI) feels slow compared to the Mitubishi" :D

KnifeEdge_2K1
10-21-2004, 07:41 PM
completely ownded

Pulsar Turbo
10-21-2004, 11:13 PM
Hey well Yeah Maybe that's right But for a Fact that i Have seen The WRX STI beat the New EVO 8 in a 1/4 Mile Before But never seend them race before on a Track. :)

Blue Supra
10-21-2004, 11:23 PM
who drove? you in the EVO and someone with 30 years exp in the subie???:D

KnifeEdge_2K1
10-22-2004, 05:13 PM
lol, guy in the evo musta been like this

ok 1st gear, ... 2nd gear .... 3rd gear ... 4th gear .... 5th gear ... R GEAR CLINK CLANK **** SHIT POOF SMOKE BANG CLUNK STOP

Blue Supra
10-22-2004, 10:54 PM
errrr...
i thought it was a 6 speed....
errrr...
:D

KnifeEdge_2K1
10-23-2004, 02:56 PM
meh, im lazy, sue me

Cotterik
10-24-2004, 08:05 AM
yeah i know but is ralliart a private company

like atleast nismo SOUNDS like nissan and TRD is a subsidiary of toyota (im pretty sure ... toyota racing department ... kinda hard not to be)
but ralliart ... not so sure

Mitsubishi Motors Corporation established Ralliart Inc. in 1984 to serve as the core for its growing motor sport activities (Most importantly the World Rally Championship after the introduction of the Lancer Evo I). Since then, Ralliart Inc. has been the driving force behind Mitsubishi's competitive edge, both in overseas and domestic rally and race. So in effect it can be compared to say..FORD RALLYE SPORT or PEUGEOTSPORT but RALLIART has evolved over the years into a complete Mitsubishi development team.

http://www.r-jay.co.uk/ralliart_sticker.jpg

winchi
11-03-2004, 06:35 PM
I want to see Subura Type 25 vs Evo 8 FQ- 400!! :D

KnifeEdge_2K1
11-03-2004, 08:42 PM
I want to see Subura Type 25 vs Evo 8 FQ- 400!! :D

yeah but that's a car done by a private company so you dont get the manufacturer warentees and stuff

so its completely dif story

fpv_gtho
11-04-2004, 02:03 AM

How am i RETATRED i think your Retarted U Spaso. get your facts Straight. it did Happen WRX hammered EVO8 so HA.

What the Hell are you talking about OLLY89 your Crazy.

Am i the only one thinking somethings going on here :p

You gotta be one of the worst fanboy's ive ever met Pulsar Turbo, youve been presented the facts and yet your still going on saying the STi is for a fact faster, yet have no credible info to back it up

Falcon500
11-04-2004, 02:24 AM
Am i the only one thinking somethings going on here :p

You gotta be one of the worst fanboy's ive ever met Pulsar Turbo, youve been presented the facts and yet your still going on saying the STi is for a fact faster, yet have no credible info to back it up
thanks for pointing this out fpv and your right it is funny :D

I think somebodys a confused little boy...even with all the mindless babble i can understand (and deliver) i can hardly make heads or tails of what your trying to say. :confused:

Falcon500
11-04-2004, 03:03 AM
Andon an intresting note olley and pulsa turbo have the same in number :rolleyes: forgot to mention that :D

Blue Supra
11-04-2004, 03:42 AM
^^^

Hahahahah!!!!
Owned!:d

tmnt_ppn
11-07-2004, 02:45 PM
This is the best evo ever. i dunno if this is the most powerfull too?? i think it can beat zonda 0-60 mph because the evo use 4WD.

KnifeEdge_2K1
11-07-2004, 09:22 PM
that and its shorter gear ratios, dont forget the zonda tops out at 200+ mph while this evo only reaches the upper end of 170

jcp123
11-07-2004, 09:48 PM
that and its shorter gear ratios, dont forget the zonda tops out at 200+ mph while this evo only reaches the upper end of 170

Both of which are quite fast enough for anyone's street driven car...so that's a superfluous point right there.

KnifeEdge_2K1
11-07-2004, 09:52 PM
Both of which are quite fast enough for anyone's street driven car...so that's a superfluous point right there.

well duh, but on teh track 30mph dif is quite a lot

jcp123
11-07-2004, 10:07 PM

thats cool, just giving things from my perspective since i look at practical street performance.

fpv_gtho
11-07-2004, 10:13 PM

but who's to say that most of the tracks both cars get taken on, will have a long enough straight for either car to reach speed

Blue Supra
11-08-2004, 08:08 PM
Its still a real shame that these will only be released in Britain not the world:( If i could get one just for the track.... oooo yeh:D

KnifeEdge_2K1
11-08-2004, 08:17 PM
but who's to say that most of the tracks both cars get taken on, will have a long enough straight for either car to reach speed

my point is the evo has shorter gear ratios with a bias towards acceleration

the ratios are still far off mind you due to the whole 0-60 scam all manufactuers are in but the fact of the matter is, the evo can reach a certain speed as fast if not faster with less power

KnifeEdge_2K1
11-08-2004, 08:18 PM
Its still a real shame that these will only be released in Britain not the world:( If i could get one just for the track.... oooo yeh:D

oo baby would that rock

IlikeEvO
11-28-2004, 02:00 AM
new evo = performance + styling
wrx sti = performance (?) - styling

shadow
11-28-2004, 03:06 AM
oo baby would that rock
is it just me, or is it totally unfair that britain gets the whole evo range, and we get only 100 base models a year? i wonder if we could somehow persuade those lovely people at mitsubishi oz

EVO
11-28-2004, 03:42 PM
EVO VIII should be come out on 2008

KnifeEdge_2K1
11-28-2004, 07:52 PM
is it just me, or is it totally unfair that britain gets the whole evo range, and we get only 100 base models a year? i wonder if we could somehow persuade those lovely people at mitsubishi oz

mitsubishi isnt doing all that well right now

think nissan before they were saved by the french lol

Cotterik
03-28-2005, 02:24 PM
EVO VIII should be come out on 2008

or 2003 :)

Cotterik
07-04-2005, 02:33 PM
Lancer Evolution VIII MR FQ400 upgrades:

* Custom built Garrett GT Dual Ball bearing Turbocharger
* Owen Developments custom manufactured cast Stainless Steel Exhaust Manifold and Exhaust Elbow
* Omega Forged Pistons
* HKS Forged Con Rods
* HKS 680cc Injectors
* Zytec ITP116 High Pressure Fuel Pump
* HKS 1.6 mm Steel Head Gasket
* Motec M800 OEM ECU
* HKS Iridium Spark Plugs
* Jan Speed High Flow Sports Cat
* Alcon competition derived 240 mm high clamp mode, heavy duty clutch complete with Cera-metallic 6 paddle sprung centred drive plate
* HKS High Strength Head and Big End Bolts
* Alcon Mono6 Brake Kit incorporating Monobloc 6 pot road caliper with 343 mm curved vein Disc on a Aluminium mounting bell assembly with Ferodo DS2500 brake pads
* Ralliart Aero Mirrors
* Carbon Fibre Front Lip Spoiler
* Carbon Fibre "Sharks Tooth" Rear Vortex Generator
* PIAA High Performance Light and Wiper Upgrade
* Gloss Black Team Dynamics Lightweight Alloy Wheels
* Driver Training Course

2ndclasscitizen
07-05-2005, 02:50 AM
we are sposed to get the IX on a full supply not just 1 or 200

Nuts
07-06-2005, 09:18 AM

Button Willow huh, hey my EVO 300hp+ is going to the track in 3 weeks. Tell your buddy to bring down his Scirroco for a test spin next to my EVO. I'll even bring a camera to show the guys on this form if what your saying is true.