PDA

View Full Version : supercharger

Hautka
10-16-2003, 10:47 PM
I was wondering how much a supercharger will kill my engine. I have a 1996 vw passat vr6. Its cheap but i dont want to screw it over, its a rather nice car.

crisis
10-17-2003, 12:09 AM
Originally posted by Hautka
I was wondering how much a supercharger will kill my engine. I have a 1996 vw passat vr6. Its cheap but i dont want to screw it over, its a rather nice car.
Like anything its up to you. If you want to flog it, with or without a supercharger its lifetime will be reduced. Get someone who knows what they are doing and dont use excessive boost. Maybe water injection. Above all dont seek advice from unknown people on websites.

pato
10-17-2003, 05:24 AM
low boost of say 8 or 10psi shouldnt require you to drop the compression of the engine but be very careful going over that with stock compression ratios, but definatley helps an underpowered car go hard

fpv_gtho
10-22-2003, 11:42 PM
also depends whether you want either a roots, screw or centrifugal type supercharger. for reliability the roots and screw types are the way to go, plus they only produce maximum about 9psi boost

NAZCA C2
01-12-2004, 07:43 PM
If there is nothing wrong with your engine a supercharger shouldnt kill your engine as long as you have too much boost, but if there is a problem with your engine a supercharger will probably f!@# your engine up.