PDA

View Full Version : Kharma System!!!

bballmikey105
10-17-2003, 09:36 PM
I have been to other Forum websites before; that have kharma systems. This means that if other users agree with what you post and approve of it and think its funny or whatever, then they give you Positive karma or K+. below the users user name there are little green dots, and the more karma someone accumulates the more dots show up. and if someone dissagrees with another users post then they can give the negative karma or K-. I think this would be a great idea to make a kharma system for this website. Does anyone else agree?

Misho
10-17-2003, 09:50 PM
well the system sounds very good theoritically, not sur eif its implementation will prove effective though. as an idea though, i think its a welcome addition to the site.

<AAA-MOD>
10-21-2003, 07:51 AM
I personally think the Karma system is a waste of time. I regular a couple other forums that use a Karma system and there's far too much whining about it.

It becomes an EGO system, more than a Karma system.

henk4
10-21-2003, 11:19 AM
Originally posted by MMO
I personally think the Karma system is a waste of time. I regular a couple other forums that use a Karma system and there's far too much whining about it.

It becomes an EGO system, more than a Karma system.

I agree, it is just serves to distract form the content. The same goes for the use of these smiley's which I can do without.

bballmikey105
10-21-2003, 07:14 PM
ya i guess you guys are right

<AAA-MOD>
10-21-2003, 10:07 PM
Originally posted by bballmikey105
ya i guess you guys are right

don't get me wrong, we appreciate all the suggestions you guys might have. i just stated my opinion. we may discuss it further. all will be informed when any new ideas get implemented.

Misho
09-20-2004, 08:11 AM
with all the fuss thats been going on these days, i think its kinda interesting to read this short thread !!
there is no need to post anything, just read and try and learn something from it !! especially AAA-MOD's comment: "It becomes an EGO system, more than a Karma system."

IWantAnAudiRS6
09-20-2004, 11:20 AM
Errr it's just rep, but maybe worse because it's lots of green stuff instead of just one (or 2) little green boxes...

baddabang
09-20-2004, 11:48 AM
what about the star system some forums use? Or is that a popularity contest too?

SlickHolden
09-20-2004, 12:27 PM
What about a Thumb system Up thumb Down Thumb.
You can't give a thumbs up or down to the same person more then once every week:)

If your in the good books your thumb is up:D, Bad books thumb down :(

And the more thumbs up you get every 100 it increases to 2 thumbs 300 3 thumbs all the way to 6 thumbs max :)

crisis
09-20-2004, 05:41 PM
What about this. "I disagree with your last post because (insert constructive, objective, non abusive, criticism or comment)." Or " I agree and I think "(insert constructive, objective, non abusive, criticism or comment)."

werty
09-20-2004, 06:38 PM
please dont do the kharma system, that is so lame, and anyways, arent we wanting to separate ourselves from sc.net :p

Esperante
09-20-2004, 06:49 PM
kharma to me sounds exactly like rep

danno
09-20-2004, 06:53 PM
karma never worked on SC.net, and i dont think it will ever work here. theres no need for karma, rep, or any other form of reward. people that want to talk about cars will do it without rep. the only ones that will leave are the people who are only here for rep/karma.

Misho
09-20-2004, 07:24 PM
just to make sure no one is being mixed up or anything, please view the dates of the posts u r reading in this ANCIENT thread.
this thread was started before the implementation of the old rep system.

Blue Supra
09-20-2004, 07:28 PM
^^^
ROFL!
suckers!:D