PDA

View Full Version : Golf rally car any info ?

Mustang
10-06-2004, 12:43 PM
Anyone got anything on ths car ?

McReis
10-06-2004, 01:16 PM

IŽll get some tomorrow when I get to the office. It's beautiful and fast for a start! :D

Mustang
10-06-2004, 01:44 PM
IŽll get some tomorrow when I get to the office. It's beautiful and fast for a start! :D

cheers what do you do in your office ?

you dont work with the car do you :p ;)

QuattroMan
10-06-2004, 02:05 PM

I do if you have any questions please let me know....

QuattroMan
10-06-2004, 02:06 PM
I do if you have any questions please let me know....

Oh ya...this is my 02 Audi Allroad

Mustang
10-06-2004, 02:11 PM
Oh ya...this is my 02 Audi Allroad

Ok tell me about the car then (the golf)

Rockefella
10-06-2004, 03:54 PM
Ok tell me about the car then (the golf)
well, for one, its made by VW... no, i'd like to find some stuff out about it too :)

Esperante
10-06-2004, 04:17 PM
wow, VW really did a good job making the Golf look REALLY good :)

McReis
10-07-2004, 03:13 AM

No. I have a small advertising adgency that's works mostly on webdesign.
www.trattodesign.com

But I spend soo little time at home that I couldn't afford to search for info and send you. But only now I've realised that at home I have a fantastica book that talks about all rally cars in the world, that's has a lot of info about the Golf... :)

Anyway, it has some 260 BHP (top power for a kit car), 2000cc and it is front wheel drive.
VW competed with it at British Championship with success and even made a pioneer attempt on rallying a Diesel engine in a Kit Car. It was a major success. Although it had no class to compete, it was driven as the "0" car (first one on the road) and got placed 1st or 2nd overall.

But has this happened at her Majestys land, I think Matra et Alpine may remember it better than me. ;)

McReis
10-09-2004, 05:33 PM

OK, Mustang. Here are the real facts about that Golf MK4 Kit Car:

This car had in fact 285bhp. A lot for this kind of rally car, but it lacked the development of it's closest competitors such as Citroën Xsara Kit Car or Renault Megane Maxi.

It was however a strong promotion machine for VW in UK in the hands of the finnish Tapio Laukkanen.

Like all Kit Cars it had a peaky 2000cc engine with a narrow powerband that had to be kept "screaming" through it's 6 speed sequential gearbox.

The Turbo Diesel engine was a lot different. It had a mere 205bhp, but it's astonishing torque made up for both the lack of power and extra weight. This car was driven once by the hands of Neil Simpson at the Scottish Rally in 1999, and took 2nd place overall.

Mustang
10-09-2004, 05:47 PM
thanks alot man, useful stuff there :)

forgive me if im a bit untalkative, im tired :o