PDA

View Full Version : Are we losing members??

PsychoChimp22
10-08-2004, 03:55 PM
^ I think the name says it all ^.

Its not that I havent seen as many posts, I just keep seeing the same names. How many members do we have compared to how many we had last year? :confused:

Mustang
10-08-2004, 04:04 PM
^ I think the name says it all ^.

Its not that I havent seen as many posts, I just keep seeing the same names. How many members do we have compared to how many we had last year? :confused:

hardly any because last year we had thousands of people who registered then never said anything, i think that all of them were deleted during the big change round session. I dont think that we are loosing members, there were a few that left over the whole REP thing which if you ask me was a bit stupid :confused: why leave a forum because you dont get a green box ?

Its mainly the same people postng alot because i think that some of us have alot to say :) and most threads now arent getting many replied, like we used ot make a thread about a video or a set of pics and there used to be lots of replies in there, now were lucky if we get one or two replies :(

The forum might be getting a bit 'bland' at the moment but i dont think its because were loosing members its just because there isnt alot going on.

Hey we can always rely on Karrmann to bring something up :p

Wouter *hint* *hint* video section :p

Niko_Fx
10-08-2004, 04:07 PM
I actually have noticed more members lately. Not the total amount of members, cause of course that grows everyday, but I mean the amount of members online and posting at the same time.

Today is friday, check the forum again on Monday in the afternoon and you'll notice a bigger amount of ppl ;)

stratos
10-08-2004, 04:18 PM
we start losing some menbers since the rep was thaken ....

Spastik_Roach
10-08-2004, 04:32 PM
I don't mind, we have got plenty of good quality members..

Esperante
10-08-2004, 04:36 PM
Well, we get very fewer responses to threads since the whole REP catastrophe :(

werty
10-08-2004, 05:03 PM
Well, we get very fewer responses to threads since the whole REP catastrophe :(

^exactly, i have gotten almost no repsonses to stuff i post, compared to when rep was still being used

Esperante
10-08-2004, 05:25 PM
it's rather dissapointing, but maybe UCP will jump back up again.

Ya know, part of it might be school, school started about the same time rep ended, coincidence??

Karrmann
10-08-2004, 06:21 PM
hey, at least you still got me to keep this place interestimg, like mustang said :p

Esperante
10-08-2004, 06:34 PM
Not interesting, just stupid :p

CdocZ
10-08-2004, 07:49 PM
so what? if you see the same people over and over, it becomes more of a small community, and less of a huge load of people making chaos in the forums. its better when there is alot of people, but not SO many that there are so many threads that you never see people again.

taz_rocks_miami
10-08-2004, 08:01 PM
I don't mind, we have got plenty of good quality members..

Spastik Roach is correct, the quality of the post have gone up. Who wants a member that post just becuase he or she is hoping to get a +1 from someone? I find the threads and post quite interesting, informative and even entertaning.

And Niko is right when he says we have new members, and since they were not here during the rep days, those who stick around will do so becuase of what we as a community have to say.

Do I want UCP to keep getting new members? Sure I do! But members that have something to contribute, what's the point of a forum if you don't talk to people you can learn something from?

PsychoChimp22
10-08-2004, 08:57 PM
so what? if you see the same people over and over, it becomes more of a small community, and less of a huge load of people making chaos in the forums. its better when there is alot of people, but not SO many that there are so many threads that you never see people again.

I agree with what youre saying, but this chaos you speak of is exactly what keeps a forum exiting, not bland.

henk4
10-08-2004, 11:45 PM
If I wouldn't have a sort of private interest in UCP I doubt whether I would have stayed on the forums as long as I have been. (since the start). What I noticed is that many people come, start posting a lot, then less and finally disappear without a trace and I think it will stay like this. If you look at the topics many things have been dealt with already, and the same subjects keep coming back (latest poll: What is the greatest supercar). It is like a magazine, there are the devoted readers that will order a lifetime subscription and there are those who take it for a year and then move elsewhere. No harm in that, there is also a group of devotees here on the forums, and even that is prone to changes over time. Nothing to worry about, this is just how it goes.

drakkie
10-09-2004, 12:02 AM
true, i post less since school started, cos i dont have the time to search for things rigirously anymore.i also dont really have time to photoshop as much as i did this summer. next week our autumn holiday starts, and i gues , ill become the new post whore of ucp then...(for a week)

16-4Veyron
10-09-2004, 12:11 AM
I have been posting way more since school started, mainly because its all I do in my Tech class, its all I do during Lunch, and its a good thing to wast your time doing when you should be doing your homework :D.

SlickHolden
10-09-2004, 01:08 AM
In the Australian cars section, I have noticed some more new users comming in the chat and it's been great, So if anyone has gone it's there loss, Anyone who has jumped on board resently there gain welcome to the best forum on earth :D

Mustang
10-09-2004, 01:37 AM
I actually have noticed more members lately. Not the total amount of members, cause of course that grows everyday, but I mean the amount of members online and posting at the same time.

Today is friday, check the forum again on Monday in the afternoon and you'll notice a bigger amount of ppl ;)

I also noiced that there seems to be more people online, i used to come on before rep was removed and there would be about 10 members and about 30 guests which makes about 40 :p Now there is closer to 100 + people on whenever i get online even though most of them are guests :)

Wouter Melissen
10-09-2004, 03:00 AM
It's busier than ever.

Esperante
10-09-2004, 06:35 AM
lol at my other forum there's a thread like this, it's probably just another pilgrimage back to school.(Which means me of course:()

IWantAnAudiRS6
10-09-2004, 06:57 AM
All the dross has been filtered since the loss of rep, removing the shallow fools who were only here for rep and laughs. Go new UCP!

PsychoChimp22
10-09-2004, 12:06 PM
Has this forum ever advertised? (banners and what not)

Distress
10-09-2004, 11:25 PM
I've never seen any advertisement, and that worries me if UCP goes that way. I like communities that are fairly small, where you in a way "know everyone". I'm new at posting here I suppose, although I have been registered for a while I think?

Is it really that bad? There are new post every day, I suppose some of you have quite a fair amount of spare time on your hands. Wish I did, guess that's why I don't post here much, because it seams like a good place.

If it makes you feel better, my forum has 3 members, one that never posted, the other only said hello, and my post are just "talking to a wall"... :p

IWantAnAudiRS6
10-10-2004, 02:04 AM
I've never seen any advertisement, and that worries me if UCP goes that way. I like communities that are fairly small, where you in a way "know everyone". I'm new at posting here I suppose, although I have been registered for a while I think?

Is it really that bad? There are new post every day, I suppose some of you have quite a fair amount of spare time on your hands. Wish I did, guess that's why I don't post here much, because it seams like a good place.

If it makes you feel better, my forum has 3 members, one that never posted, the other only said hello, and my post are just "talking to a wall"... :p

Really? What's your forum?

Distress
10-10-2004, 10:24 AM
Really? What's your forum?

It's a automotive forum, so I don't know if I would want to link to it being that this is a automotive forum.

I've tried re-cruiting members last month after switching from ProBoards to vBulletin (quite a difference :D ), and adding several categories; not easy.

megotmea7
10-10-2004, 11:06 AM
we arnt losing anyone this happenes every year summers over everyone has to get back to work, for me summers over and im not that busy anymore... lucky me...

p.s. that is a cute dog is it yours, my friends g/f has a pomeranian and my gf wants one. their great, yet only a little... unintellegent

Supercarfreak123
10-10-2004, 03:21 PM
im new... what was the deal with the whole rep disaster???
________
buy vaporizers (http://vaporizers.net/)

Karrmann
10-10-2004, 03:40 PM
the rep was removed and everyone hates it, but since it has been this long, I don't think that it's coming back.

taz_rocks_miami
10-10-2004, 04:24 PM
the rep was removed and everyone hates it, but since it has been this long, I don't think that it's coming back.

Not everyone Karrmann, I personaly couldn't care less about rep. I hope it doesn't come back, people aren't afraid to disagree with other members any more for the fear of losing rep points. If you can't speak freely in a forum, then what's the point?

henk4
10-10-2004, 10:56 PM

Please give prior notice when you want to speak on behalf of me. I want any opportunity to prevent that :)

crisis
10-11-2004, 12:04 AM
Ebbs and flows. This is not the first time the site has been slow. Maybe because there is nothing to say people are saying nothing. Not all together a bad idea.

henk4
10-11-2004, 12:19 AM
Ebbs and flows. This is not the first time the site has been slow. Maybe because there is nothing to say people are saying nothing. Not all together a bad idea.

did not see many posts from you recently. Prepare though for a request to show some pics of your car.

Blue Supra
10-11-2004, 01:47 AM
In the Australian cars section, I have noticed some more new users comming in the chat and it's been great, So if anyone has gone it's there loss, Anyone who has jumped on board resently there gain welcome to the best forum on earth :D

Iv noticed this too which has been good, previously it was pretty much you, FPV and me with occasional input from Falc and Crisis:D

SlickHolden
10-11-2004, 03:06 AM
It's heating up and the more the better :D
Then we have more to talk about and hope someone new might have something to show us like they did, How bout them pic of the motor show danno it was well done:D

crisis
10-11-2004, 05:11 PM
did not see many posts from you recently. Prepare though for a request to show some pics of your car.
I do most of my posting in work time (bad dog!) and last week was on leave for the school holidays looking after my babies so was a bit preoccupied. I have just put some film in of my car to be developed (old school) but none of the shots contain the mandatory EggNog shot. I will post some when they are back but will understand if I am called a lier. I will try to get the EggNog shot with my video cam which takes second rate digital stills.

Chinky_boi
10-11-2004, 05:14 PM
I find that we are gaining members now. Before when we had the rep system. People would compete with each other on rep. Now that it is gone. There is no competition and we are all the same.