PDA

View Full Version : Nigel is back, with a new car!

Nigel
10-10-2004, 11:39 AM
yeah, I got a new car. Well, since I last posted, I have had 3 new cars, and sold two of them. I still have my 85 mr2, and a 93 infiniti G20, but now I have a nice new 86 mr2. When I say new though, I mean BRAND NEW! this car was completely rebuilt, and I mean completely. The chasis has 155,000km on it, and the whole shell was stripped, rust-proofed, and painted the metalic blue that the 350z comes in, with ghost flames! also on the exterior it has side skirts off of the 87 and later mk1 mr2s, a famous vended engine lid (if there are any mr2 owners on the board, you will know it. It is the thomas designs lid, made from pvc plastic, and they only made 18 of them, 1 of which was burned in prototype testing, and another that was burned in an engine fire) and it has a side scoop that doesnt ram air, but it pushes lots of cold air over the intake. The suspension was completely rebuilt with new suspension pieces from toyota, lowering springs, stiff kyb struts and polyurithane bushings. It has 17inch wheels with Yakohomo (sp?) tires. The brakes were redone too with brand new calipers from an '88 which are bigger, steel braded brake lines, porterfield pads, and drilled rotors. The transmission was rebuilt, and mounted to a new redtop block (4A-GE from the ae92) with high compression internals, custom cut cams from new billets. It also has new axels and basically everything else back there. The valve covers, intake manifold, afm and a couple other little parts were powdercoated in a pearlescent purple. It also has NOS brand nitrous oxide (for the too fast too furious appeal). The interior was completely redone in black leather. The sound system is pretty incredible. It has 4 seperate amps providing 9000 watts to the 4 12" subs and 7 other speakers. providing the music is a DVD player (also connected to a 6.5" LCD screen concealed in the glove box) which controls the 8cd changer behind the drivers seat. It also has HID headlights. There is so much done to this car it is amazing. Here is one picture taken at the dealership. I will post more later today, and I will get over to to shawn's tomorrow to take pictures.

http://www.buysell.com/userphotos/0001917760/8242004_2553737136.jpg

Esperante
10-10-2004, 11:46 AM
wow...beautiful colour :D

McLareN
10-10-2004, 11:57 AM
In my city theres one of those, i mean a ''not so nice'' 86 Toyota MR2...
Nice ride.

Nigel
10-10-2004, 11:59 AM
also, this car won "best stereo" and "best modified" at the BC2004 mr2 show.

my porsche
10-10-2004, 02:56 PM
yes...nice... ;) just kidding, nice color

Rockefella
10-10-2004, 05:00 PM
Very nice car man.. have fun w/ it. :)

Nigel
10-11-2004, 07:18 PM
holy crap this car is fun to drive! egg nog and I took a bunch of pictures of it today, so he will get them on there later today, or tomorrow...

...right?

Nigel
10-11-2004, 10:12 PM
so the photos shawn and I took turned out all dark and stuff, so here is the link to the old dealership ad, which has some nice pics: buy and sell ad (http://www.buysell.com/showad.asp?id=28569990) you have to check it out sooner then later though because now that it is sold, it may not be up for long.