PDA

View Full Version : Dodge Magnum or is it???

QuattroMan
10-11-2004, 08:05 PM
I was looking at this pictures and I thought I was looking at Dodge mag.Audi came out with A8 avant 2001 as a concept car that looks so much like Mag.Did Dodge coped Audi or what??

McLareN
10-12-2004, 01:45 AM
I dont think that the Magnum has copied the Avantissimo concept.
Btw imo the Avantissimo looks better.

henk4
10-12-2004, 01:50 AM

except of course for these ridiculous wheels :D

QuattroMan
10-12-2004, 07:58 AM
except of course for these ridiculous wheels :D

yes that is the only thing i dont like about Audi they need better wheels

QuattroMan
10-12-2004, 08:02 AM
I dont think that the Magnum has copied the Avantissimo concept.

did you know that this car was going to be called A8 Avant? i dont
know some one @ my work tolled me that true or not..dont know :D

Deutscher Adler
10-13-2004, 10:51 AM
They do look very similar. There is a good chance that Dodge copied it... I wouldnt put it past them. They are kinda like leeches at this point, in my opinion because they just sit back and take and take from Mercedes. They take MBZ parts and technology and try to update their stone age technology. What can MBZ take from Chrysler except the Dodge ideas and American muscle ideas from their Viper and apply that to the German ideology. It may have been beneficial to the SLR or whatnot but I see most of the interaction or sharing only going one way and thats not too cool.

jcp123
10-13-2004, 02:32 PM
stone age technology

I like my stone age technology.

Anyway, it seems to me Benz probably got a look at it and passed it on to Dodge. Both came out well, though I have a slight bias towards the Dodge because it's cheaper, I'd be less paranoid about using it for actual station wagon stuff, and it has a Hemi.

Deutscher Adler
10-13-2004, 02:51 PM
I like my stone age technology.

Anyway, it seems to me Benz probably got a look at it and passed it on to Dodge. Both came out well, though I have a slight bias towards the Dodge because it's cheaper, I'd be less paranoid about using it for actual station wagon stuff, and it has a Hemi.

Ok it has a hemi....the thing is that it is a flippin dodge. I am sorry with all the past experiences with that company and even stories of recent occurrances I am firm in my belief that Dodge is an inferior product with the exception of the Viper and their Truck line up.

jcp123
10-13-2004, 03:00 PM
OK, Dodges aren't the most reliable things ever. But neither are German cars (the VW's we had were more troublesome than the Dodges we had before them, which weren't shining examples of reliability themselves). But it's not like I'd buy a new car either way, so it's all good.

PerfAdv
10-13-2004, 03:18 PM
:eek: holy body-doubles, Batman!! Amazing! but once on the road they won't look anything alike. The A8 has a musch classier look, whereas the Dodge looks like a chopped roof custom.

QuattroMan
10-14-2004, 02:23 PM
:eek: holy body-doubles, Batman!! Amazing! but once on the road they won't look anything alike. The A8 has a musch classier look, whereas the Dodge looks like a chopped roof custom.

what do you expect from Dodge nice cars? I don't think so...trucks yes..

jcp123
10-14-2004, 05:30 PM
what do you expect from Dodge nice cars? I don't think so...trucks yes..

Uh, a chopped roof custom is a complement...ever seen a chopped '49 Mercury? Sleek.

QuattroMan
10-14-2004, 06:05 PM
Uh, a chopped roof custom is a complement...ever seen a chopped '49 Mercury? Sleek.

my be don't know...you got pic's??

jcp123
10-14-2004, 07:07 PM
Gotcha covered. The first one should be a bone-ass stock '49-51 Merc, the other 2 are Kustoms with chopped rooves. Note how the low roofline with the high beltline makes the car look lower to the ground than it actually is; the Chrysler 300C makes good use of the high beltline/low roofline. Chopping is a common hot rod thing.

QuattroMan
10-14-2004, 08:33 PM
Gotcha covered. The first one should be a bone-ass stock '49-51 Merc, the other 2 are Kustoms with chopped rooves. Note how the low roofline with the high beltline makes the car look lower to the ground than it actually is; the Chrysler 300C makes good use of the high beltline/low roofline. Chopping is a common hot rod thing.

oh ye!!! i love American classic cars nice cars...

PerfAdv
10-15-2004, 12:35 AM
They are interesting hobby cars, the customs. Sorry to sound, how this will sound, the chopped roof custom remark was meant to be a putdown. As in the 300C looks a little dirty under the nails. :o embarrassed :o

QuattroMan
10-15-2004, 07:35 AM
They are interesting hobby cars, the customs. Sorry to sound, how this will sound, the chopped roof custom remark was meant to be a putdown. As in the 300C looks a little dirty under the nails. :o embarrassed :o

sounds good to me.... :D

Deutscher Adler
10-15-2004, 01:36 PM
Ok the fact of the matter is that American cars were in a league of their own for quite some time and now they have left this heritage and become some bastardized version of what they used to be. This is of course just my opinion...but everyone has opinions, right?

QuattroMan
10-18-2004, 08:47 AM
Ok the fact of the matter is that American cars were in a league of their own for quite some time and now they have left this heritage and become some bastardized version of what they used to be. This is of course just my opinion...but everyone has opinions, right?

yes mr Adler.....

RS6
10-18-2004, 03:19 PM

I totally agree. I remember seeing American cars from the 20s and 30s and thinking that America were the best country at making road cars. Now, however, American cars can go to hell. No offence to anyone.

Deutscher Adler
10-18-2004, 07:33 PM
I totally agree. I remember seeing American cars from the 20s and 30s and thinking that America were the best country at making road cars. Now, however, American cars can go to hell. No offence to anyone.

I have a friend with a 50s chrysler and I am amazed by it. Its strength and build quality because it is 100% original and was owned by an old lady before he bought it about 6 months ago. That thing rocks for such an old car.

Now American cars are plasticy and cheapy cars. They dont last more than 150k mileage wise. There are some exceptions but the vast majority of them are not superior products. I would not even think about owning an american car.

RS6
10-19-2004, 10:40 AM
I have a friend with a 50s chrysler and I am amazed by it. Its strength and build quality because it is 100% original and was owned by an old lady before he bought it about 6 months ago. That thing rocks for such an old car.

Now American cars are plasticy and cheapy cars. They dont last more than 150k mileage wise. There are some exceptions but the vast majority of them are not superior products. I would not even think about owning an american car.

I would think about owning an American car, but only if it was a Duesenberg SSJ or a Cord 812. ;)

Deutscher Adler
10-19-2004, 10:43 AM
Good point. Let me rephrase that one.... I would not think about buying a brand new American car. Not now and not until they make something worthwhile.

RS6
10-19-2004, 10:50 AM
Good point. Let me rephrase that one.... I would not think about buying a brand new American car. Not now and not until they make something worthwhile.

That sounds a lot better to me. ;)

Deutscher Adler
10-19-2004, 01:03 PM
How about I tell you what it is.....(the dodge I mean).......CHEAP and Quick. Cheapy car but goes fast.

RS6
10-19-2004, 05:15 PM
How about I tell you what it is.....(the dodge I mean).......CHEAP and Quick. Cheapy car but goes fast.

Really? Ok, I'll have an Audi RS6 Plus. Nuff said!

2ggti
10-26-2004, 10:39 AM
I was looking at this pictures and I thought I was looking at Dodge mag.Audi came out with A8 avant 2001 as a concept car that looks so much like Mag.Did Dodge coped Audi or what??
I dont know bro, i think the audi looks way better, :cool:

QuattroMan
10-26-2004, 11:50 AM
I dont know bro, i think the audi looks way better, :cool:

The quality is always better when it comes to any car, Audi has one of the best workmanship then any one I know...

Rockefella
10-26-2004, 05:15 PM
The quality is always better when it comes to any car, Audi has one of the best workmanship then any one I know...
lol, kinda biased there? ;)

QuattroMan
10-26-2004, 05:41 PM
lol, kinda biased there? ;)

ha ha your funny :D