PDA

View Full Version : who thinks that porsche rule

MCMZ4E
10-12-2004, 09:29 AM
acsualy all Stugart made cars rule(* too)

Sweeney921
10-12-2004, 09:33 AM

henk4
10-12-2004, 09:54 AM
rule what??

IWantAnAudiRS6
10-12-2004, 10:00 AM
If its sportscars, then no. If its grand tourers, then no. If its just ruling in general, no.

Niko_Fx
10-12-2004, 10:19 AM
They are very good cars.

I rule.

MCMZ4E
10-12-2004, 10:20 AM
yoo sweeney921 do you speak english?

IWantAnAudiRS6
10-12-2004, 10:30 AM
Do you type English, MCMZ4E? :)

QuattroMan
10-12-2004, 10:36 AM

which Porsche are you talking about ?
see in picture one Porsche #1 dose not rule #2 not only it
dose it kickssss a#s:D

Rockefella
10-12-2004, 11:17 AM
k, now elaborate, WHY do they rule?

:Exige:
10-12-2004, 11:29 AM
It is impossible for a car to "rule" .. Humans will always Rule .. well, maybe Herbie :D

QuattroMan
10-12-2004, 02:05 PM
It is impossible for a car to "rule" .. Humans will always Rule .. well, maybe Herbie :D

That's what dinosauers thought....... :D

Deutscher Adler
10-13-2004, 11:04 AM
I think that Stuttgarters make some really nice cars. I also think that the Ingolstadters and Wolfsburgers do too. I do appreciate a good majority of the cars that come out of Stuttgart but Porsche does rule. They came on German tv the other day and were asked, "why dont you move some of your production to another country to cut costs and make more profits?" The head Porsche rep. replied that it would degrade the quality of Porsche and that Porsche is willing to pay the high cost of employing German workers to build their Cars because the is a something to be said about having a product with MADE IN GERMANY stamped on it. That was so impressive I thought and it gave Porsche even more respect in my eyes.

henk4
10-13-2004, 11:13 AM
I think that Stuttgarters make some really nice cars. I also think that the Ingolstadters and Wolfsburgers do too. I do appreciate a good majority of the cars that come out of Stuttgart but Porsche does rule. They came on German tv the other day and were asked, "why dont you move some of your production to another country to cut costs and make more profits?" The head Porsche rep. replied that it would degrade the quality of Porsche and that Porsche is willing to pay the high cost of employing German workers to build their Cars because the is a something to be said about having a product with MADE IN GERMANY stamped on it. That was so impressive I thought and it gave Porsche even more respect in my eyes.

Have you seen any calculations what the realtive share of labour costs is in the production of a Porsche and that of a VW. It could well be very much lower, making labour costs less of an issue. Anyway, people are prepared to pay premium prices for Porsches, which greatly contributes to their profitability. (Thanks to Cayenne)

jcp123
10-13-2004, 03:09 PM
Not a huge fan, although the ol' 356's were pretty cool, and my Dad still misses the '64 911 we had.

PerfAdv
10-13-2004, 04:03 PM
Porsche is a semi-prestige brand though and the pricing premiums are expected. The Cayenne, if I'm not mistaken is assembled in Slovakia. Or am I thinking VW Touareg?

Deutscher Adler
10-13-2004, 04:18 PM
Porsche rocks.

Deutscher Adler
10-13-2004, 04:25 PM
Germans rock...

F1_Master
10-13-2004, 04:54 PM
Porsche does not rule. All supercar manufacturers produce enough supercars every decade to equal out the opponent.

Deutscher Adler
10-13-2004, 04:55 PM
Porsche does not rule. All supercar manufacturers produce enough supercars every decade to equal out the opponent.

I am not claiming that Porsche rules the Supercar world. I am just saying that I appreciate the car and that they rock.

Rock = Rule = are awesome

F1_Master
10-13-2004, 05:00 PM
More like
Rock=Cool.

Porsche are great, but so are Ferrari, Lamborghini, and more.

IMO, its the European Supercars that rule the roads.

jcp123
10-13-2004, 05:01 PM
I'm a fan of these myself:

Deutscher Adler
10-13-2004, 05:02 PM
More like
Rock=Cool.

Porsche are great, but so are Ferrari, Lamborghini, and more.

IMO, its the European Supercars that rule the roads.

Definitely! Right on. I just don't ever want to work on Alfa-Romeos or Ferraris again! :)

Spastik_Roach
10-13-2004, 08:38 PM
And moving on from identifying n00bs 101, this is the infamous Fanboy Fight, take notes, this will account for 25% of your marks in your how to not be a n00b qualifications!

Guibo
10-13-2004, 09:25 PM
Porsche is a semi-prestige brand though and the pricing premiums are expected. The Cayenne, if I'm not mistaken is assembled in Slovakia. Or am I thinking VW Touareg?
Could very well be. I know the Boxster is made in Finland. And apparently without any change in build quality (for the worse) compared to their German-built counterparts.

http://forums.rennlist.com/rennforums/showthread.php?t=34290

Deutscher Adler
10-15-2004, 01:00 PM

I really like the cabriolet version. I would be happy with that white car.

I am digging the location of the fotoshoot too.

audivwmeister
10-15-2004, 01:39 PM
i think the 997 lost something. i can't put my finger on it. its kinda like your highschool buddie that was a total bad@ss, now is married and has a kid on the way and has totaly softend up. just not the same.

Deutscher Adler
10-15-2004, 01:42 PM
i think the 997 lost something. i can't put my finger on it. its kinda like your highschool buddie that was a total bad@ss, now is married and has a kid on the way and has totaly softend up. just not the same.

That's a harsh one. But I definitely can understand your train of thought. Good description. :)

Mustang
10-15-2004, 01:49 PM
Personally i dont think that Porsche can 'rule'

Supercar wise, id rather have a koenigsegg CCR than the CGT
Id rather have a DB9 than a 911 GT3
Id rather have a TVR typhon or sagaris than a porsche turbo
Id rather have a TVR Tamora / Griffith / T350 than a boxter

The only real porsches that i would concider owning are the Old version of the GT2 with the hauge wide arches and the CGT of course (but not over the koenigsegg CCR ;))

Deutscher Adler
10-15-2004, 01:53 PM
Personally i dont think that Porsche can 'rule'

Supercar wise, id rather have a koenigsegg CCR than the CGT
Id rather have a DB9 than a 911 GT3
Id rather have a TVR typhon or sagaris than a porsche turbo
Id rather have a TVR Tamora / Griffith / T350 than a boxter

The only real porsches that i would concider owning are the Old version of the GT2 with the hauge wide arches and the CGT of course (but not over the koenigsegg CCR ;))

I just stepped outside of my office and admired the new 997. I think it looks great up close. Photos dont do the thing any justice. I like it now that I actually saw it. It looks very very modern and very German. I think it is a good looking car and it is a good move on porsche's behave.

I dont know why you would consider a koenigsegg. I mean in would you really want to brag to your friends that you drive the king's egg(directly translated from German to english.)

I think if any of use were fourtunate enough to have a new 997 that we would think differently about this fine automobile.

Mustang
10-15-2004, 02:01 PM
I just stepped outside of my office and admired the new 997. I think it looks great up close. Photos dont do the thing any justice. I like it now that I actually saw it. It looks very very modern and very German. I think it is a good looking car and it is a good move on porsche's behave.

You just happened to step out of your office and see the new 997 :p where do you work ?

I dont know why you would consider a koenigsegg. I mean in would you really want to brag to your friends that you drive the king's egg(directly translated from German to english.)

Its sweedish and it kicks serious ass

I think if any of use were fourtunate enough to have a new 997 that we would think differently about this fine automobile.

nah :p

TIM
10-15-2004, 02:12 PM

Yes, those early Porsches are just as beautiful as the Cisitalia 202. I think they belong to the finest of German car design. The Porsche sound even has become a design factor. You probably know that there are sound designers that do nothing but creating that typical Porsche sound for every model. Porsche is a living legend.

MCMZ4E
10-16-2004, 09:19 AM
you'r thinking touareg

zmnsr1
10-16-2004, 09:45 AM
porsche's r the best

F1_Master
10-19-2004, 05:00 PM
Just for reference, you do know that Ferdinand Porsche was very old before the company was made in 1948, right?

You might as well refer to the 1920s supercharged Mercedes sports cars as cars that also rock.
He was the designer of many of them.

His last major design was the Porsch 356 Sports car.

F1_Master
10-19-2004, 05:03 PM

The front is the only thing that looks different on the outside. Porsche is going back to it's origin of the circular headlights. Which I think is great.

Mr. Orange
10-19-2004, 08:35 PM
my dad drove a silver 914 porsche to high school! :cool: dang, wish i could. i love the 911's and carrera's especially the GT! that would be the first and maybe only car i would buy if i won a high lottery right now. :D